Author Topic: If "a calorie is a calorie" then substitute all your protein intake for salt  (Read 12939 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.

Body composition doesn't really matter when dieting?  ???

Also the High P group lost 5% more overall weight and held onto 2% more muscle ....I would say that is a pretty significant difference...And it is worth bearing in mind that most BB style diets would be far more extreme(in terms of high protein) so the difference may be even more pronounced with a typical BB diet.

And another

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
This study assessed the effectiveness of a prescribed weight-loss diet with 0.8 versus 1.4 g protein·kg(-1) day(-1) on changes in weight, body composition, indices of metabolic syndrome, and resting energy expenditure (REE) in overweight and obese men.
DESIGN AND METHODS:
Men were randomized to groups that consumed diets containing 750 kcal day(-1) less than daily energy needs for weight maintenance with either normal protein (NP, n = 21) or higher protein (HP, n = 22) content for 12 weeks. The macronutrient distributions of the NP and HP diets were 25:60:15, and 25:50:25 percent energy from fat, carbohydrate, and protein, respectively. Assessments were made pre and post intervention. The subjects were retrospectively subgrouped into overweight and obese groups.
RESULTS AND CONCLUSION:
Both diet groups lost comparable body weight and fat. The HP group lost less lean body mass than the NP group (-1.9 ± 0.3 vs. -3.0 ± 0.4 kg). The effects of protein and BMI status on lean body mass loss were additive. The reductions in total cholesterol, HDL-C, triacylglycerol, glucose, and insulin, along with LDL-C, total cholesterol-to-HDL-C ratio, and HOMA-IR, were not statistically different between NP and HP. Likewise, macronutrient distributions of the diet did not affect the reductions in REE, and blood pressure. In conclusion, energy restriction effectively improves multiple clinical indicators of cardiovascular health and glucose control, and consumption of a higher-protein diet and accomplishing weight loss when overweight versus obese help men preserve lean body mass over a short period of time.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23592676
A high protein diet is 25 percent and a low protein diet is 15 percent?  ???

This is stupid.  Sorry.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I eat more protein than the supposed "high protein" diet tested above.  What a silly study. 

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Have you not been paying attention for years and years?

You meet these needs by default and would have to go out of your way NOT to meet them so it really is not a relevant question.  How many times do I have to post that and for how many more years?  :D

Excellent.

bigmc

• Getbig V
Excellent.

would have been better if he had backed it up with 5 year old pics

that he had taken proffesionally to come third in an online bb contest with 5 entrantsw
T

animal1991

• Getbig III
Once your nutritional needs are met, they do not matter one bit.  Also, food choice in meeting those needs don`t matter at all.
Nutritional minimums according to the DRI (dietary reference intake)

Females 19-30 y/o
-carbs 130g/day
--fiber 28g/day
-protein 46g/day
-fat
--omega 6 12g/day
--omega 3 1.1g/day

Males 19-30 y/o
-carbs 130g/day
--fiber 38g/day
-protein 56g/day
-fat
--omega 6 17g/day
--omega 3 1.3g/day

All these minimums are easily met, despite fiber, which a daily fiber supplement can take care of.

http://fnic.nal.usda.gov/dietary-guidance/dietary-reference-intakes/dri-tables

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

that he had taken proffesionally to come third in an online bb contest with 5 entrantsw
Professional Pics taken by Jezebelle?  Coming in third?  When did this happen?  ???

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
Professional Pics taken by Jezebelle?  Coming in third?  When did this happen?  ???

What kind of name is "Jezebelle"? Tell her to get a name change and some plastic surgery to boot.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

What kind of name is "Jezebelle"? Tell her to get a name change and some plastic surgery to boot.
Are you a fan of plastic surgery?  You must be old and have experience with botox already eh?

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
Are you a fan of plastic surgery?  You must be old and have experience with botox already eh?

I'm actually saving up to get my gyno tits cut out.

Jizzbucket on the other hand needs extensive surgery, not botox.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I'm actually saving up to get my gyno tits cut out.

Jizzbucket on the other hand needs extensive surgery, not botox.
I knew you were flawed.  You might as well tell them to add some Bicep implants while you are there.  Pathetic.  I bet when you go to the pool you keep your shirt on. hahahahha

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
I knew you were flawed.  You might as well tell them to add some Bicep implants while you are there.  Pathetic.  I bet when you go to the pool you keep your shirt on. hahahahha

Why did you go with an ugly chick? is it because you're ugly too, with a peanut sized head?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Why did you go with an ugly chick? is it because you're ugly too, with a peanut sized head?
No.  I did it because she has bigger biceps than you and is taller.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
salt doesn't even have calories, shitnuts. http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/spices-and-herbs/216/2

also there's this thing called common sense, yeah a calorie is a calorie but a macro isn't a macro, you still need to hit all your intake needs for the day, not just straight up calories. wtf am i reading?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

They're closer to 7 years old... but who's counting. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

deadpan

• Getbig IV
This reminds me one time of a black girl in the gym that came up to Jezebelle and I when I was squatting.  She was amazed by the 315 I was doing for reps and asked me point blank, "how many calories DO Ice have in it?".

I kid you not.  I told her none and she had the most bewildered look upon her face.

i'm thinking she meant something different by "ice" than what you thought she meant.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
A high protein diet is 25 percent and a low protein diet is 15 percent???

This is stupid.  Sorry.

Exactly one of the points I was making, the high protein diet in that study (25%p) is far less protein than a typical BB diet and yet the 'HP' group  still showed a positive difference in body composition compared to the group on a 15% protein diet. So who knows how much greater that difference would be with a more typical BB(much higher protein) diet...

And 25% protein is considered high protein by mainstream experts, i'm sure the daily recommended amount of protein is around 60grams , so about 240cals, which is probably around 10-15% of total cals . So 25% protein is nearly double mainstream rec amount.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
yes but the opposition to this theory claims a macro isnt a macro, bc macros are metabolized differently.

which is obviously true.

but how much a difference does it make for recreational bodybuilder gym rats who keep overal calries in check.

is it even worth the debate?

is it even worth constrcuting diets for non training people who got bit fat and seek a short term fix for their stupidness?

It's not.

Adonis is right, so are you. You achieve same goal - caloric restriction just by different means.

You say - eat a lot of protein (you will need it) and veggies (they will keep you full) therefore you achieve caloric restriction and loose fat.

Adonis says - eat whatever and count calories. Different approach, end result is the same.

For 95% of people out there the only diet advice they need is - eat fucking 2000 calories and move a lot. That's it. Everyone knows how to compose your meals anyway, that's not some fucking voodoo magic. And yes some people do respond better to higher carbs, some people do respond better to higher fats. But you don't really have to pay so much attention. If you get bloated on carbs even with that restriction then by all means just get those 2k calories mainly from fats.

To get lower than 10% MAYBE you will need to pay attention to details, like - eliminate carbs, load carbs, get most of the calories after workout or whatever. But 10% is not far from 8% and who needs less anyway.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
TA beating the piss out of people around here lately.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
A thought.. If you eat say 2000 calories in one sitting. You won't absorb 100 % of it right - some of it will pass through.

Also the body will use more energy handling it than eating closer to what you can absorb.

Aren't different calories easier or more energy demanding to absorb by the body?

Wouldn't those facts mean a calorie is not a calorie when it comes to digestion ???

I'm no expert, but I  think that is true.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
I'm no expert, but I  think that is true.

i'm pretty sure it all gets digested, food takes something like 6 to 8 hours to fully pass through your stomach, plenty of time absorb all the calories. they cals you don't use don't simply vanish, they just get stored as fat.