Author Topic: 1983 NPC National Heavyweight Champions Meltdown?  (Read 6153 times)

spinnis

Re: Black Man Melting Down
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2009, 09:14:56 AM »
Then play for fun and don't get frustrated.....

if you can play poker without getting frustrated you're not human lol

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 1983 NPC National Heavyweight Champions Meltdown?
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2009, 09:44:45 AM »

I had Rory winning that competition from what I saw and heard from the past.  Paris second, Christian third.   That wasn't a meltdown - that was one person who worked very hard and got third - he was disappointed for a few seconds, then came back and respected.  I have seen others in other competitions who have not, including Titus and Atoyan.

I don't think Rory ever became a pro, and he most definately deserved it.  Met him just last year out here at the NPC Orange County Muscle Classic.  Cool guy, and still got a lot of respect.

As for black vs. white, it is amazing, on both sides, that people still bring up the race card in things.  It is a futile arguement, but both black and white do it all the time. You would think the world would be more educated in this day and age, but it isnt.  Racism is alive all over the world, whether black, white, Jew, Muslim, Oriental, etc.  Yes, some deserve the criticism, but usually because of the behavior of a few.  It amazes me when people think all people are the same.

Get over it already.

spinnis

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2009, 09:50:24 AM »
Ron is our emperor

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2009, 09:52:34 AM »
Ron is our emperor

What's it like in middle earth?

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2009, 09:52:42 AM »

who else saw that one coming  ???

::)

4 of those 5 men onstage were 6 footers.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2009, 09:52:53 AM »
I had Rory winning that competition from what I saw and heard from the past.  Paris second, Christian third.   That wasn't a meltdown - that was one person who worked very hard and got third - he was disappointed for a few seconds, then came back and respected.  I have seen others in other competitions who have not, including Titus and Atoyan.

I don't think Rory ever became a pro, and he most definately deserved it.  Met him just last year out here at the NPC Orange County Muscle Classic.  Cool guy, and still got a lot of respect.

As for black vs. white, it is amazing, on both sides, that people still bring up the race card in things.  It is a futile arguement, but both black and white do it all the time. You would think the world would be more educated in this day and age, but it isnt.  Racism is alive all over the world, whether black, white, Jew, Muslim, Oriental, etc.  Yes, some deserve the criticism, but usually because of the behavior of a few.  It amazes me when people think all people are the same.

Get over it already.

YEAH BUDDY. ROLLIN LIKE A BIG SHOT...CHEVY TUNED LIKE A NASCAR PITSTOP...

IS DA RIMS BIG..DO IT RIDE GOOD

spinnis

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2009, 09:54:39 AM »

spinnis

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2009, 09:56:19 AM »
4 of those 5 men onstage were 6 footers.

genetics came before drugs those days

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2009, 10:18:44 AM »

who else saw that one coming  ???

::)

And that's why the following year, he not only swept the NPC National with an overall win but also the World Amateur Championships as well.  He was pissed and he trained like a madman for next year to exact revenge.  Too bad his mistake was competing in the WBF
A

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2009, 06:20:40 PM »
Bob Paris didn't have the density or muscle maturity Rory had, especially in the arms. But then again, Bob was taking half of what Rory was, as you can tell by the pre-90's era Cro-Magnon jaw.

BigNationRadio.com

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2009, 08:33:55 PM »
And that's why the following year, he not only swept the NPC National with an overall win but also the World Amateur Championships as well.  He was pissed and he trained like a madman for next year to exact revenge.  Too bad his mistake was competing in the WBF

His biggest mistake was having gotten hooked on Heroine and going down to 190 pounds.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2009, 08:35:04 PM »
Bob Paris didn't have the density or muscle maturity Rory had, especially in the arms. But then again, Bob was taking half of what Rory was, as you can tell by the pre-90's era Cro-Magnon jaw.

Dude looks more impressive than today's competitors and that was 20 years ago.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2009, 09:11:36 PM »

yeah but he had the dick suckin skills that got him that 1st place trophy just like today :)
TEAM Nasser