Author Topic: NCAA Foottball  (Read 2665 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
NCAA Foottball
« on: December 03, 2023, 08:04:14 AM »
I'm a Michigan fan.It's been a good year so far :)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: NCAA Foottball
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 11:20:20 AM »
I woud have rather seen Florida St at 4 instead of Alabama.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 12:05:41 AM »
I woud have rather seen Florida St at 4 instead of Alabama.
Of course. The Tide is rolling.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 04:42:33 PM »
Of course. The Tide is rolling.

I see what you did there...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 09:14:05 PM »
Michigan deserved it, but this system is a joke.  They should have real playoffs, like every other division and every other sport.  Every conference winner plus some at large bids.  Settle it on the field. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 12:38:15 AM »
Michigan deserved it, but this system is a joke.  They should have real playoffs, like every other division and every other sport.  Every conference winner plus some at large bids.  Settle it on the field.
It changes next year with all 4 power conference winners getting a bye week and home playoff game, 1 non power 4 conference team making the playoff, along with 7 other highest ranked teams.

Michigan shouldn't be in at all after being caught cheating for the last 3 years. Even if they were to win the title it will probably be forfeited in a few months.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2023, 11:38:29 AM »
It changes next year with all 4 power conference winners getting a bye week and home playoff game, 1 non power 4 conference team making the playoff, along with 7 other highest ranked teams.

Michigan shouldn't be in at all after being caught cheating for the last 3 years. Even if they were to win the title it will probably be forfeited in a few months.

The new format is still a joke.  Every conference winner should be in the playoffs, along with some at-large/wild card teams.  The champion should be settled on the field, not in some closed door meeting of people who don't play the game.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2023, 12:15:42 AM »
The new format is still a joke.  Every conference winner should be in the playoffs, along with some at-large/wild card teams.  The champion should be settled on the field, not in some closed door meeting of people who don't play the game.
They will be starting next year.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2023, 01:30:04 PM »
They will be starting next year.

The the playoffs will include 12 teams, but the 11 conference winners are not automatically in, as they should be.  Instead, we are still going to have a bunch of fat sports writers and others sitting in closed door meeting picking the participants:

"The field of 12 teams will be comprised of the six conference champions ranked highest by the selection committee (no minimum ranking requirement), plus the six highest-ranked other teams. The ranking of the teams will continue to be done by a selection committee whose size, composition, and method of selection will remain substantially unchanged from the current arrangement. The four highest-ranked conference champions will be seeded one through four and each will receive a first-round bye. The other eight teams will play in the first round with the higher seeds hosting the lower seeds either on campus or at other sites designated by the higher-seeded institution."
https://collegefootballplayoff.com/news/2023/5/2/24-25-dates.aspx

This doesn't solve the problem. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2023, 12:20:05 AM »
The the playoffs will include 12 teams, but the 11 conference winners are not automatically in, as they should be.  Instead, we are still going to have a bunch of fat sports writers and others sitting in closed door meeting picking the participants:

"The field of 12 teams will be comprised of the six conference champions ranked highest by the selection committee (no minimum ranking requirement), plus the six highest-ranked other teams. The ranking of the teams will continue to be done by a selection committee whose size, composition, and method of selection will remain substantially unchanged from the current arrangement. The four highest-ranked conference champions will be seeded one through four and each will receive a first-round bye. The other eight teams will play in the first round with the higher seeds hosting the lower seeds either on campus or at other sites designated by the higher-seeded institution."
https://collegefootballplayoff.com/news/2023/5/2/24-25-dates.aspx

This doesn't solve the problem.
They are not including every small conference winner because the games would be blowouts and the playoffs would be too many games. With the new format every team has a chance unlike the current system.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2023, 08:10:58 PM »
They are not including every small conference winner because the games would be blowouts and the playoffs would be too many games. With the new format every team has a chance unlike the current system.

This isn't directed to you personally because I've been complaining about this for about 20 years, but that's some BS.  It doesn't matter if the conference is small.  They are all Division I football programs.  They should all have the right to compete for a championship.  We should not have people sitting around a table deciding who gets to play.  Just like Division I basketball.  Every school has a shot.  Win your conference championship and you are automatically in.  That's the way it should be. 

There would not be too many games.  They can use the existing bowl format and just shorten the regular season by a game or two.  It works in every other division and every other sport. 

The new system does not give every team a chance.  It gives the usual suspects a chance.  This should all be settled on the field. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2023, 12:42:21 AM »
This isn't directed to you personally because I've been complaining about this for about 20 years, but that's some BS.  It doesn't matter if the conference is small.  They are all Division I football programs.  They should all have the right to compete for a championship.  We should not have people sitting around a table deciding who gets to play.  Just like Division I basketball.  Every school has a shot.  Win your conference championship and you are automatically in.  That's the way it should be. 

There would not be too many games.  They can use the existing bowl format and just shorten the regular season by a game or two.  It works in every other division and every other sport. 

The new system does not give every team a chance.  It gives the usual suspects a chance.  This should all be settled on the field.
I kind of agree but they want to avoid too many playoff games that are blowouts and that's why they are putting the top rated small conference school in the playoffs. Every team still has a chance but they have to be the best. Seeing Alabama play Miami (Ohio) in a playoff game would bring in horrible ratings and college football is all about $$$$$.

I am more concerned with the new NIL stuff. There needs to be some kind of regulation on this or it's going to turn into a shitshow reel fast.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2023, 09:46:33 AM »
I kind of agree but they want to avoid too many playoff games that are blowouts and that's why they are putting the top rated small conference school in the playoffs. Every team still has a chance but they have to be the best. Seeing Alabama play Miami (Ohio) in a playoff game would bring in horrible ratings and college football is all about $$$$$.

I am more concerned with the new NIL stuff. There needs to be some kind of regulation on this or it's going to turn into a shitshow reel fast.

The NIL stuff is crazy, but I have mixed feelings.  They system didn't treat the athletes right for years.  The NCAA governance sucks.  This sort of levels the playing field a bit.  But I definitely see how things can get out of control.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2023, 02:08:07 PM »
One of the coaches said it's a million to a million and a half for a QB.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2023, 12:53:45 AM »
The NIL stuff is crazy, but I have mixed feelings.  They system didn't treat the athletes right for years.  The NCAA governance sucks.  This sort of levels the playing field a bit.  But I definitely see how things can get out of control.
I think they will end up with a NIL salary cap for each team. If they don't the big schools will dominate even more than they do now.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2023, 11:28:16 AM »
I think they will end up with a NIL salary cap for each team. If they don't the big schools will dominate even more than they do now.

I think you are right. 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2023, 05:58:01 PM »
I'm a Michigan fan.It's been a good year so far :)

What are you drinking right now?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2023, 07:37:17 AM »
What are you drinking right now?

;D
As long as I can remember I've been a fan. don't know how it started but maybe being a kid and watching them with Bo Shembechler and having Keith Jackson broadcasting their games.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2024, 12:38:35 AM »
;D
As long as I can remember I've been a fan. don't know how it started but maybe being a kid and watching them with Bo Shembechler and having Keith Jackson broadcasting their games.
Keith Jackson was my favorite announcer as a kid.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2024, 01:20:17 PM »

Whoa Nellie!   :)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2024, 02:04:10 PM »
Whoa Nellie!   :)

;D

One more game...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2024, 06:52:42 PM »
Gotta give Harbaugh props.  He has been a winner everywhere he coached.  He's probably headed back to the NFL.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2024, 12:29:08 AM »
Gotta give Harbaugh props.  He has been a winner everywhere he coached.  He's probably headed back to the NFL.
He cheated and is leaving Michigan to hold the bag.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2024, 11:54:03 AM »

I guess the buck stops with him as the head coach, but I haven't seen evidence that he either authorized or knew about the cheating? 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2024, 03:19:39 PM »

He’s leaving?