Author Topic: Slander/Defamation is a civil, not criminal matter!  (Read 7233 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I still don't understand why neither of them just said "Actually, he can't go to jail for what he has posted".

It could have been simple and quick. Instead with Kamali constantly looking to Chick for confirmation it looked like Chick was in agreement. It made Chick look bad.

IMO- SOlomon just wanted it to end.  It was the one-year anniversay of his show, and King basically ruined it.  They had press releases made for the event- they were all over today.  It was a big day.  Thousands were listening worldwide.  Sponsors, other athletes, 40-year old, and 15-year old fans.  They sat thru a bitter and awkward display.

Chick had to have known immediately that King was lying.  He called my posts slander (slander is spoken- libel is written), his timeline kept changing, and he said I'd go to jail for this.  Bob Chick was a cop.  Bob knows that being outwitted in a back-and-forth exchange on the web does not a legal case make- much less something to send someone to jail.

If either would have called him on the error, it would have extended the awkward moment.  Their one-year anniversary show was very un-fun, very lowbrow, and just plain bad, IMO.  And I don't think you'll find many ppl saying this show was a success.  King just made it weird.   And they wanted to shoo him out the door.

body88

Hahaha I wonder if the cops would look past Kamalis massive illegal drug use to slap the cuffs on Rob LMAO

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Hahaha I wonder if the cops would look past Kamalis massive illegal drug use to slap the cuffs on Rob LMAO

Apparently they're going to be knocking on his door. Kamali also backed out of revealing any of Shawn Ray's secrets even though he's the one that brought them up last week.

body88

Kamali talked so much shit and acted like a cocky asshole and wonders why there was a backlash. I started a thread awhile back wondering why people where so hard on the King from a nuetral standpoint..... Now I can see why. The guys a ego maniac .

When he said he had a "case" and 240 had a "surprise" it reminded me off that guy in highschool or college that always lied out of his ass at any given chance lol.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
Kamali talked so much shit and acted like a cocky asshole and wonders why there was a backlash. I started a thread awhile back wondering why people where so hard on the King from a nuetral standpoint..... Now I can see why. The guys a ego maniac .

When he said he had a "case" and 240 had a "surprise" it reminded me off that guy in highschool or college that always lied out of his ass at any given chance lol.

I figure on a conservative basis that 70% of what Kamali said was lies and 30% was truth.

body88

Re: Slander/Defamation is a civil, not criminal matter!
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2006, 11:15:19 PM »
Haha we need our own show.  First guest Kamalis lawyer!

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2006, 11:23:06 PM »
This 240 has been one of the front runners of the bullying and slander culture at getbig.com. Real athletes are getting bullied in a disgracfeul manner. 240s disgusting behavior after Bob Chics win in the masters was typical. I hope he gets sued and have to pay out his nose with costs. Remember that even hiring your own lawyer is going to ruin you.

Now hopefully when 240 is bankrupt and the other bullies have fled the forum, the serious fans can take back the forum.

Sue him, King!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2006, 11:29:28 PM »
This 240 has been one of the front runners of the bullying and slander culture at getbig.com. Real athletes are getting bullied in a disgracfeul manner. 240s disgusting behavior after Bob Chics win in the masters was typical. I hope he gets sued and have to pay out his nose with costs. Remember that even hiring your own lawyer is going to ruin you.

Now hopefully when 240 is bankrupt and the other bullies have fled the forum, the serious fans can take back the forum.

Sue him, King!

::)

Did 240 steal your girlfriend back in high school?

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2006, 11:35:24 PM »
::)

Did 240 steal your girlfriend back in high school?

I did not have a girlfriend in high school:)

The way 240 was almost stalking and trash talking Bob Chic was sick. And now he crawls for on his knees begging Bob Chic to mention the "threats" against him on the radio show. Why should Bob do this stupid stalker any favors? Now he faces the music and he squirms like a worm. hehehe

body88

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2006, 11:37:00 PM »

Sue him, King!

Bro if King sues 240 he will not only be humiliated when he loses. But broke from his own legal fees.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2006, 11:39:00 PM »
I must say, this is one time I'd like to have my old buddie 619Rules around. The dude knew the law and could put everything into perspective on this subject. The law is an odd thing, just defending one's self against baseless lawsuits ( is this one ) can give ya a world of headaches.

The Beef

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2006, 11:40:15 PM »
I did not have a girlfriend in high school:)

The way 240 was almost stalking and trash talking Bob Chic was sick. And now he crawls for on his knees begging Bob Chic to mention the "threats" against him on the radio show. Why should Bob do this stupid stalker any favors? Now he faces the music and he squirms like a worm. hehehe

The only flaw is that he's got nothing to squirm about. That whole radio broadcast only made Kamali look worse. It also made Chick look bad because Kamali kept looking to him for confirmation. Chick could have distanced himself from that rhetoric but he chose not to.

body88

_ _ _ _    _ _ _ _ _ _

INGK         LMAKAI

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
  • Been to Hell and back! NEXT!
King was a let down!

with all this hype about him "exposing" shawn, all we got was a legendary meltdown on 240.

WTF?

body88

I do not get these pros who walk around like gods gift to spandex and combat boots. But when they catch some flack on the internet they act like 2 year olds.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2006, 09:29:11 AM »

"This guy might actually serve jail time..."

Advice to King:  Get a new attorney...now. 

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
dammit... I spent the last 2 hours preparing my various bodily orifices for prison servicing.

instant classic post,...  ;D

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2006, 09:30:29 AM »
All the while Bob is thinking ...hey I can sue tooooo, or wait maybe get sued ..dohhhhh...when Bob accused 240 of all that racist spamming not too long ago..
L