Author Topic: Top 10 natural sources of protein.  (Read 1352 times)

Hereford

• Getbig V
Top 10 natural sources of protein.
« on: July 27, 2008, 10:16:35 PM »
Top 10 natural sources of protein.  What do you guys like.

Stick with natural foods. No Beefcake3000 Weight gainer or any of that kinda $hit...

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
Re: Top 10 natural sources of protein.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 01:39:48 AM »
venicin
meat
chicken
meat
venicin
chicken
venicin
chicken
meat
meat

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 05:06:21 AM »
venicin
meat
chicken
meat
venicin
chicken
venicin
chicken
meat
meat

you forgot tuna and milk.

and meat.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 05:51:56 AM »
you forgot tuna and milk.

and meat.

and eggs...
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 06:14:49 AM »

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 06:20:03 AM »
and meat.

...and Huettenkaese (existiert ja nicht in Korea)...
I hate the State.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 02:55:53 PM »
Anyone got anything productive to add?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 04:22:13 PM »
Anyone got anything productive to add?

There are plenty of high protein foods.  Choosing the ones that are best for your health is the challenge.

Fish is generally a good choice as long as you keep an eye on heavy metals.  I guess non-predator fish are better than choices like swordfish (which I fucking love) for levels of toxins.  I learned that on Getbig!  ;)

I like egg whites too.  They're cheap, easy to drink, and have 0 fat or carbs.

Roast chicken and turkey are good since I can prepare it on the weekend, it will last awhile, and reheats well.

"Meat" is fine in moderation, but don't eat lb after lb of red meat every day.  Too high in crappy fats.  The arguement that "people have been eating meat since the dawn of time" doesn't hold much water since people have been dying of heart disease since the dawn of time too.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 04:26:12 PM »
you can avoid high fat intake by buying lean cuts of beef and by buying extra lean ground beef and rinsing it.  :)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 04:32:33 PM »
you can avoid high fat intake by buying lean cuts of beef and by buying extra lean ground beef and rinsing it.  :)

True.  I confess that when I eat beef, I prefer fattier marbled cuts although it's worse for me.  Most things are fine in moderation tho.  Loves me some prime rib roast. 

If I was eating super lean beef, it'd have to be ground up.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 04:42:29 PM »
no better tasting source of protein than a thick blood-riddened fatty chunk of steak hot off the grill  :o

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 09:57:33 PM »
Hell, I'd eat swordfish all the time too if I could afford it.  Love that $hit...

Some of the guys on here claim they eat like 6-8 eggs a day, is that a good idea? Candid, I think you were one that I saw in an old post saying that?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 09:58:40 PM »
if your a natural i thinks its an awesome idea. eggs are wonderful testosterone boosting sources of fat +protein...     

on gear though i thnk the fat is usless and a waste of caloric intake

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 10:06:30 PM »
if your a natural i thinks its an awesome idea. eggs are wonderful testosterone boosting sources of fat +protein...     

on gear though i thnk the fat is usless and a waste of caloric intake

Explain please.

dustin

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 10:46:56 PM »
Explain please.

I'm sure Candi will chime in when he's on, but I avoid too much dietary cholesterol when I'm on. It's a precursor to test, but all things considered it should be limited slightly when on. Although while off cycle, I think people are too hyper critical and avoid dietary cholesterol. That isn't what raises LDL, it's the shitty diet and lifestyle choices people make. A lot of dedicated lifters I know aren't getting enough dietary cholesterol because they think they need to avoid it like the plague. They couldn't be more wrong.

The same argument can be made about fats as well. There's still a sweeping notion that fat makes you fat... no. Too many of my good gym buddies limit their fat intake, especially when dieting. I also ate too little fats and had a hard time gaining muscle again. I know that Dave Palumbo is a huge advocate of appropriate fat intake, and rightfully so. Important shit, mangs. Don't mean to lecture though. Just my observations.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 09:51:12 AM »
good explanation dunstin.

hereford... answer me this...    why does soemone on steroids make such better progress on steroids than when they are off them?? because they have lots of hormones ! hormones are the centerpiece to succes in bodybuilding.  your hormones, when you naturally producing them, come from dietary fat/dietary cholestrol. and despite what you might have been told,, you CAN increase your testosterone levels by increasing your fat intake !whole eggs and red meat are great sources of fat and protein to make a natural bodybuilder GROW.

now, once you start putting exogenous hormones into your body by using steroids, your body turns off the production of hormones. so dietary fat/dietary cholestrol no longer plays any role in hormone production. increasing your intake of these only serves to increase caloric intake.     for me, i prefer to get more calories from insulin releasing carbohydrates, rather than dietary fat (when on cycle)...this is because insulin is "the most anabolic hormone" in the body. but it also inhibits lipolysis !! so if your eating dietary fat with insulin releasing carbs, your dietary fat gets stored into adipose. ...

hopefully that makes sense to you...

you can ask for clarification on anything your still wondering abotu..

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 02:33:51 PM »
That does make sense dude.

Thanks for the info.

:)