Author Topic: Obama Will Name Bayh As His VP On Wednesday  (Read 3193 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Obama Will Name Bayh As His VP On Wednesday
« on: August 04, 2008, 12:31:39 PM »
By BILL BROWNING

I'm going to put my neck out on the line by making a prediction. Barack Obama will announce his vice-presidential choice Wednesday morning. It will be Indiana Senator Evan Bayh.

While Washington Post columnist Chris Cillizza has positioned Bayh at the top of the heap for a few weeks now, after getting tips to Bilerico-Indiana and making some logical conclusions the choice is obvious. Why?

Multiple reasons - including an inside scoop from an Obama staffer on an upcoming event.

Here's my reasoning:

1. The Olympics start on Friday and run until the Democratic convention starts. He won't want to compete with the Olympics for press coverage. He'll announce before the Olympics starts. If he announces on Wednesday morning, he'll get coverage all day and be on the news cycle until the Opening Ceremonies knock him off the top spot.

2. Barack Obama is coming to the state on Tuesday afternoon for a campaign stop in Elkhart, Indiana. He'll be attending with Evan Bayh. The press has been told to plan on staying until Wednesday afternoon/evening. Why would he spend so much time in Indiana with nothing on his public calendar?

3. Staying around Indiana allows Obama and Bayh to travel to Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio - all important states in this election. When you've just announced your VP, those are states you'll want to visit - especially since Bayh's reputation will help the most in those states.

4. The website ObamaBayh08.com is taken. For a tiny sliver of time late last week, you could type in the URL and you'd be forwarded to another site. Where do you think it took you? The Democratic Party website.

5. I just got an invite from the Obama campaign to attend an appearance on Wednesday that isn't on Obama's official calendar. Why not? The campaign said, "I can't tell you what the event is about, but we want to make sure you have a ticket so you can cover it for the Bilerico Project. We want Bilerico Project to be there for this one."

So what do you think? Is my thinking flawed or have I reached the logical conclusion? By the time you add in the case for Evan Bayh -- foreign policy experience, former Clinton supporter, popularity in the Midwest, not a media whore, experience as a popular former Governor and his youth and good looks -- it seems like a slam dunk to me.

!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Obama Will Name Bayh As His VP On Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 12:35:36 PM »
Cue McCain to respond with "Me too!"

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 01:55:51 PM »
Is his last name "Bayh" pronounced "baaaahh" like a sheep?

He fits right in next to the other Obama followers

Go "baaaaahh"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 01:59:09 PM »

Go "baaaaahh"

Pronounced "Buy".  Like, "We buy $1 tril of debt per year from China".

I HH6 loves Obama... and Obama picks Bayh... does that make him a Bayh-sexual?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 03:18:20 AM »
I like him, ...he sounds Canadian   :P
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 03:31:01 AM »

Go "baaaaahh"
jesus, you have the fucking worst posts out of anyone.  Such fucking substance you bring... Mindblowing youandme... Really ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 03:44:15 AM »
Pelosi backs Chet Edwards for Obama VP
Sun, 03 Aug 2008 22:36:42

US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi urges Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama to add Congressman Chet Edwards to his list of veep choices.

Pelosi described the fifty-six-year-old Texas Congressman as an "extraordinarily talented person" and a champion for military veterans who deserves a shot at the vice presidency.

"First of all, I support anyone that Senator Obama is comfortable with for vice president," she told ABC television, AFP reported.

I didn't want to see a discussion of candidates for vice president without showing the talent of the House of Representatives, she commented.

With the party convention season looming at the end of the month, speculations are high about who Obama and Republican rival John McCain will pick as their running mates.

Joseph Biden, Christopher Dodd and Evan Bayh, and governors Tim Kaine of Virginia and Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas, are expected to be on Obama's list, with his former rival Hillary Clinton also an option.

Edwards has risen in Democratic ranks, becoming a senior member of the powerful House Budget and the Appropriations Committees and heading the Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Appropriations Subcommittee.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 03:54:29 AM »
Pelosi is an owned cu nt  Her word is shit.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 07:07:27 AM »
jesus, you have the fucking worst posts out of anyone.  Such fucking substance you bring... Mindblowing youandme... Really ::)
Ain't that the truth!  ;)

Pelosi backs Chet Edwards for Obama VP
Sun, 03 Aug 2008 22:36:42

US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi urges Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama to add Congressman Chet Edwards to his list of veep choices.

Pelosi described the fifty-six-year-old Texas Congressman as an "extraordinarily talented person" and a champion for military veterans who deserves a shot at the vice presidency.

"First of all, I support anyone that Senator Obama is comfortable with for vice president," she told ABC television, AFP reported.

I didn't want to see a discussion of candidates for vice president without showing the talent of the House of Representatives, she commented.

With the party convention season looming at the end of the month, speculations are high about who Obama and Republican rival John McCain will pick as their running mates.

Joseph Biden, Christopher Dodd and Evan Bayh, and governors Tim Kaine of Virginia and Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas, are expected to be on Obama's list, with his former rival Hillary Clinton also an option.

Edwards has risen in Democratic ranks, becoming a senior member of the powerful House Budget and the Appropriations Committees and heading the Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Appropriations Subcommittee.
I love the fact that Pelosi blasted the idea of a Obama/Clinton ticket throughout the primaries.  :)
As far as this suggestion goes...sounds like she's giving a little publicity to a friend. I can't see Obama picking a congressman from Texas to be VP.
!

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 07:18:10 AM »
Cue McCain to respond with "Me too!"
I hope not, he better be spending some quality time figuring out who he wants as his VP.  McCain's decision for VP is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than Obama's selection.  So, he'd be smart to wait until the DNC starts or is about the same time it crests with Obama's finale speech before he announces his VP pick. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 09:36:41 AM »
   1. The Olympics start on Friday and run until the Democratic convention starts. He won't want to compete with the Olympics for press coverage. He'll announce before the Olympics starts. If he announces on Wednesday morning, he'll get coverage all day and be on the news cycle until the Opening Ceremonies knock him off the top spot.

All credibility lost at #1.

Does he really think people are actually going to watch the Olympics?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 09:41:07 AM »
I HH6 loves Obama... and Obama picks Bayh... does that make him a Bayh-sexual?

haha not sure.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 09:42:55 AM »

hugo what happend to that gay ass post of yours where you wanted to write a penpal? did you delete it?

Looking for some Iraqi ass love? fag

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 03:16:40 PM »
He has about six hours.   :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 04:27:42 PM »
He has about six hours.   :D

Bayh got blueballs.

Obama's picking Hilary.  Everyone knows that.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 04:52:59 PM »
Doesn't make sense to select Bayh.  Two midwesterners on the ticket is going to alienate southerners and westerners that he needs to win the election.  Guess he is a good centrist choice, but I think Obama has to pick a centrist from a southern or western state to remain competitive.

No way he will pick Hilary.  She might help bring in the women's vote, but would alienate all the swing voters that he needs to win.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 11:38:31 AM »
Hilary is speaking at the convention on the 2nd day. I'm told this means it's not her
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 11:39:30 AM »
Time's up.   :)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 11:47:15 AM »
Hilary is speaking at the convention on the 2nd day. I'm told this means it's not her
Hell no. The witch is even pushing to have her delegates counted at the convention. What a grandstanding move.  ::)
!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 11:49:03 AM »
No way he can nominate Hillary and expect to win. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2008, 11:50:45 AM »
No way he can nominate Hillary and expect to win. 

You buried his chances when the rev wright thing came out.

yet he remains the clear leader in state by state polling.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2008, 12:12:48 PM »
You buried his chances when the rev wright thing came out.

yet he remains the clear leader in state by state polling.

lol.  This is part of the reason I ignore you so much.  You rarely tell the truth.