Author Topic: Trump pardons drug dealer  (Read 2477 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Trump pardons drug dealer
« on: June 06, 2018, 05:07:56 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/06/who-is-alice-marie-johnson-great-grandmother-trump-is-granting-clemency-to.html

President Trump is granting clemency to Alice Marie Johnson, a great-grandmother who was sentenced to a life sentence in prison for non-violent drug charges — just one week after reality television star Kim Kardashian West visited the Oval Office to discuss the case, according to The Associated Press.

The news of Johnson's clemency was first reported by Axios on Wednesday.

Johnson, 63, was arrested in 1993 and convicted of drug conspiracy and money laundering in 1996, according to a Mic profile. She became involved with cocaine dealers after she lost her job, her son was killed, she and her husband divorced and her home was foreclosed on, Mic reported in 2013.

I think he did the right thing. I think there are a lot more with ridiculous sentences for non violent crimes that should also be addressed

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Trump pardons drug dealer
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 05:21:11 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/06/who-is-alice-marie-johnson-great-grandmother-trump-is-granting-clemency-to.html

President Trump is granting clemency to Alice Marie Johnson, a great-grandmother who was sentenced to a life sentence in prison for non-violent drug charges — just one week after reality television star Kim Kardashian West visited the Oval Office to discuss the case, according to The Associated Press.

Johnson, 63, was arrested in 1993 and convicted of drug conspiracy and money laundering in 1996, according to a Mic profile. She became involved with cocaine dealers after she lost her job, her son was killed, she and her husband divorced and her home was foreclosed on, Mic reported in 2013.

I think he did the right thing. I think there are a lot more with ridiculous sentences for non violent crimes that should also be addressed

Don't know all the circumstances, but this pardon seems right to me. Hooray for Trump! He did something good.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 05:29:17 PM »
Don't know all the circumstances, but this pardon seems right to me. Hooray for Trump! He did something good.

Absolutely agree.  Should have been done long ago.  Imagine the reaction had a different, more darkly pigmented POTUS done the same thing!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 05:30:24 PM »

WTF just happened here?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 05:49:32 PM »

This is some passive aggressive crap.  lol. 

1.  She wasn't a "drug dealer."  From your link:  "According to Mic, Johnson said she did not sell drugs or make deals, though she did admit to acting as an intermediary for those involved, passing along messages. She was given life in prison without parole."

2.  She wasn't pardoned, her life sentence was commuted.  So your "Trump pardons drug dealer" thread title is misleading. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 05:50:48 PM »
This is some passive aggressive crap.  lol. 

1.  She wasn't a "drug dealer."  From your link:  "According to Mic, Johnson said she did not sell drugs or make deals, though she did admit to acting as an intermediary for those involved, passing along messages. She was given life in prison without parole."

2.  She wasn't pardoned, her life sentence was commuted.  So your "Trump pardons drug dealer" thread title is misleading. 

well duh.... of course it was. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 05:53:40 PM »
well duh.... of course it was. 

A misleading thread title?  Yes, it is. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 05:56:05 PM »
A misleading thread title?  Yes, it is. 

yep

although..."The official said the Justice Department denied her petition because prosecutors maintain Johnson was involved in a drug cartel that was connected to violence and crime." While I'm pretty sure she wasn't an innocent victim here, 21 years for her is unreasonable and Obama should have acted on it and overruled the Justice Department recommendations

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 06:05:10 PM »
yep

although..."The official said the Justice Department denied her petition because prosecutors maintain Johnson was involved in a drug cartel that was connected to violence and crime." While I'm pretty sure she wasn't an innocent victim here, 21 years for her is unreasonable and Obama should have acted on it and overruled the Justice Department recommendations

Do you understand the difference between a pardon and a commutation? 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 06:10:16 PM »
WTF just happened here?

lol...my thoughts exactly

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2018, 06:34:03 PM »
As a supposed former cop for many years, I would hope that he did, but having read his posts, I'm not holding out much hope. :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 06:36:53 PM »

But your ok with the Gay ISIS Muslim pardoning Chelsea Manning ? right ? 
K

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 06:56:45 PM »
As a supposed former cop for many years, I would hope that he did, but having read his posts, I'm not holding out much hope. :-\

I don't think he does.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 07:24:04 PM »

I do. But as you go down the titles in the Politics section, it isn't known for accuracy. If you haven't caught on now, my title was purposely misleading, in honor of the misleading headlines and topic headings here. Figured you would have caught that after my first two responses

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2018, 07:29:54 PM »
I do. But as you go down the titles in the Politics section, it isn't known for accuracy. If you haven't caught on now, my title was purposely misleading, in honor of the misleading headlines and topic headings here. Figured you would have caught that after my first two responses

Oh the old I meant to do that excuse.  LOL.  Ok Agnostic.  Whatever you say.   :)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 07:33:17 PM »
Oh the old I meant to do that excuse.  LOL.  Ok Agnostic.  Whatever you say.   :)

Man you can be dense...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2018, 10:57:44 PM »
Man you can be dense...

Says the man who didn't know the difference between a pardon and commutation, then lied about it. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2018, 11:26:24 PM »
Says the man who didn't know the difference between a pardon and commutation, then lied about it. 

I'll bet you are a blast at parties and comedy shows.. "Uh uh!! That's bullshit! No way a guy is walking into a bar with a parrot on his shoulder!" 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 11:40:18 PM »
I'll bet you are a blast at parties and comedy shows.. "Uh uh!! That's bullshit! No way a guy is walking into a bar with a parrot on his shoulder!" 

Is that supposed to be a joke?  If so, you gotta up your game.  Not funny at all. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 12:12:07 AM »
Is that supposed to be a joke?  If so, you gotta up your game.  Not funny at all. 

I think your sense of humor is broken

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 03:50:50 AM »

It’s a gigantic waste of tax dollars to keep people like her locked up for things like this 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2018, 11:26:49 AM »
It’s a gigantic waste of tax dollars to keep people like her locked up for things like this 

absolutley