Author Topic: Lee Haney - the greatest Mr. O of all time!  (Read 33491 times)

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Lee Haney - the greatest Mr. O of all time!
« Reply #225 on: August 23, 2013, 07:03:03 PM »
Look at Ronnie

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #226 on: August 23, 2013, 07:13:31 PM »
Lol, this is the epitome of the greatest BB ever according to ND  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Okay Hulkster  ::)

Let your emotions simmer down and come back to your senses, Okay there yet? I NEVER once claimed Dorian was the greatest BB ever if you can find where I typed that please do  ;)

This my friend is Dorian actually holding the pose from the same contest  ;) Like Hulkster you're scared to post pictures of Dorian flexed and I don't blame you , there is a very good reason Dorian kicked Ronnie's ass for years  8)

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #227 on: August 23, 2013, 07:27:36 PM »
Ronnie still smokes him. Haney too. In fact, I think Jay is better in 2009 shape. Dorian's legs are flat. His waist is good in that pic, but the amount of muscle on Ronnie smokes him.

However, the pic you picked was not Dorian's best to be fair. I think this is his finest and defintely top three ever ;). ND gotta give it to you...you stick to your guns. I love Dorian, but think Ronnie took the sport to another level. My opinion as you have yours.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2013, 07:33:30 PM »
Ronnie still smokes him. Haney too. In fact, I think Jay is better in 2009 shape. Dorian's legs are flat. His waist is good in that pic, but the amount of muscle on Ronnie smokes him.

However, the pic you picked was not Dorian's best to be fair. I think this is his finest and defintely top three ever ;). ND gotta give it to you...you stick to your guns. I love Dorian, but think Ronnie took the sport to another level. My opinion as you have yours.

jay has never come near Yates. He was still soft wna dwatery in 09... his quads were diced, but his back still looked like a marshmellow. Jays conditioning was good when he was smaller, but he never brought tje size/conditioning combo to take on Yates.

plus his proportions are just weird

Z Father

• Getbig III
« Reply #229 on: August 23, 2013, 08:06:10 PM »
ND is the funniest human on earth. I have never seen someone contradict themselves to the point you have to throw up your hands in disbelief,  and he believes he's actually winning arguments.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: August 23, 2013, 08:12:41 PM »
ND is the funniest human on earth. I have never seen someone contradict themselves to the point you have to throw up your hands in disbelief,  and he believes he's actually winning arguments.

ND never lost an argument .

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #231 on: August 23, 2013, 08:16:41 PM »
ND never lost an argument .
He always has the pics to backup his arguments.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #232 on: August 23, 2013, 08:18:28 PM »
To say Lee had an advantage in genetics to Dorian is one thing , to claim Dorian was vastly inferior is just nonsense. Why? you offer no explanation how he is ' vastly inferior ' just an assertion.

Contrary to the cliched response Dorian's genetics were exceptional and just because he didn't have a light frame like Haney or Flex doesn't mean he wasn't every bit as special in terms of genetics , they had their advantage as did Dorian

Genetically did Lee Haney have vastly superior balance & proportion compared to Yates? NO. How about density & dryness?  NO. The rub against Haney was he was all torso , Great back & pecs , delts and tiny midsection , his arms lagged behind and his legs were way behind. Haney has his advantages for sure but as far as genetics are concerned he's no more special than Dorian

I'm saying that genetics wise Haney was superior. I am saying that if you take Lee in his prime and Dorian in his prime that Dorian is better. Dorian was clearly better. But they are from different eras. Just like you can't make a side by side comparison of Arnold to the modern bodybuilders. When I say Lee was second only to Arnold I mean it in the sense of how much better they were to their competition. Arnold was way better than the competition of his day.

That's why I was careful to say that "all else being equal" Lee would beat Dorian.
Just his structure alone, his small waist and wide shoulders, beats Dorian. Dorian had an average structure and average (for a pro) response to drugs. It was his sheer will power, determination and driven personality that put him over the top. And his willingness and guts to take risks and things to a different level (drug usage). That's why I am such a big fan of Dorian. Quite a contrast to a Phil Heath. Who is all drugs and all genetic response to drugs and blessed with beautiful muscles (though cursed with clavical width).

Dorian is like the Anti-Phil

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: August 23, 2013, 08:29:53 PM »
He always has the pics to backup his arguments.

I agree , when it comes to arguments no one in the world is better than ND.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #234 on: August 23, 2013, 08:47:04 PM »
1995 Dorian vs. 1999 Ronnie

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #235 on: August 23, 2013, 09:13:46 PM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #236 on: August 23, 2013, 09:17:00 PM »
One of the better comparisons ive seen. .. but Ronnies waist almost looks the same size as Dorians? His waist was considerably smaller, I believe

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #237 on: August 23, 2013, 11:36:33 PM »
Better than Ronnie, better than Dorian and better than Arnold..."small arms" and all
8x Mr. O.....No losses as Mr. O and went out on top and still healthy today. Great spokesman for bodybuilding and wonderful family man.

Great bodybuilder and person. Probably the best ever.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2013, 01:56:58 AM »
92 Yates destroys 84 Haney.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #239 on: August 24, 2013, 03:15:44 AM »
In 1991 Lee Haney made history, but he wasn't as far ahead of Yates as some of his supporters like to believe. He lost the muscularity round to a newcomer and he appeared nervous as the results were being called.

Yates matching Haney and even winning certain poses in the final round of the contest:

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #240 on: August 24, 2013, 03:18:10 AM »
Part 2:

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: August 24, 2013, 04:57:51 AM »

Ronnie's calves the same size as Dorians? waist & hips? joints? all the same size ? that's not reality

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #242 on: August 24, 2013, 06:01:33 AM »
I agree , when it comes to arguments no one in the world is better than ND.
ND has mags from 1980's and the scanner has been upgraded, Hulkster will not agree.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #243 on: August 24, 2013, 06:17:32 AM »
Ronnie's calves the same size as Dorians? waist & hips? joints? all the same size ? that's not reality

Once again ND you look the fool. The reality is that Ronnie was over 30 pounds heavier than Yates at his largest. Ronnies thighs, chest, arms, and shoulders were definitely bigger. No question. Only Dorian nuthuggers would think differently. Backs were probably nearly even as far as size, although I believe 2003 Coleman had the biggest and thickest back ever. Yates 1993 may have had the most detailed, thick back ever. I concur with you thinking Dorian's calves were light years ahead Ronnie. The masses agree that is because of their diamond like shape and detail. Size wise, Ronnie's calves were huge. I was at the 2005 and 2007 Mr. Olympias. I saw the man from twenty feet away. He is ginormous all over. However, his calves look like a mass of hung meat. Huge but not very aesthetic. Thus, the circumferential length may be equivalent. However, in layman speak that you would understand, a Ferrari can be the same length as Ford. Hope that help clarify for you (the greatest debater ever  ::) ::) ::)).

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #244 on: August 24, 2013, 06:28:21 AM »
Once again ND you look the fool. The reality is that Ronnie was over 30 pounds heavier than Yates at his largest. Ronnies thighs, chest, arms, and shoulders were definitely bigger. No question. Only Dorian nuthuggers would think differently. Backs were probably nearly even as far as size, although I believe 2003 Coleman had the biggest and thickest back ever. Yates 1993 may have had the most detailed, thick back ever. I concur with you thinking Dorian's calves were light years ahead Ronnie. The masses agree that is because of their diamond like shape and detail. Size wise, Ronnie's calves were huge. I was at the 2005 and 2007 Mr. Olympias. I saw the man from twenty feet away. He is ginormous all over. However, his calves look like a mass of hung meat. Huge but not very aesthetic. Thus, the circumferential length may be equivalent. However, in layman speak that you would understand, a Ferrari can be the same length as Ford. Hope that help clarify for you (the greatest debater ever  ::) ::) ::)).

Hello pot, meet kettle.

you just made yourself look like a fool. That comparison pic he was talking about wasnt Ronnie at his heaviest.  It was actually one of his ligjter O wins.... and his calves, waist, and hips were most certainly NOT as large as Dorian 95, so you instantly know the scaling is way off.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: August 24, 2013, 06:45:45 AM »

Once again ND you look the fool.

One of us looks like a fool and it isn't me  ;) why?

The reality is that Ronnie was over 30 pounds heavier than Yates at his largest. Ronnies thighs, chest, arms, and shoulders were definitely bigger. No question

NOT in that comparison he's not , especially considering it's from 1999 which Ronnie was 257lbs compared to Dorian's 260lbs. And don't mistake bigger for better all those parts may very well have been bigger but were they better? There is a very good reason Ronnie at his smallest is considered his best ( 1998 he was 249lbs and 2001 ASC he was 247lbs ) Many bodybuilders had bigger parts than Dorian and they all lost , ever wonder why?

No question. Only Dorian nuthuggers would think differently.

The critique was directly comparing Dorian compared to Ronnie 1999 , Ronnie has a smaller hips & waist than Dorian same with joints and in that comparison it's not the case which proves the scale isn't correct ( admittedly hard to scale two separate pictures from two separate contests ) and Ronnie's calves in 1999 are NOT on par with Dorian and in that pic they are which shows how far the scale if off in Ronnie's favor I might add

Backs were probably nearly even as far as size, although I believe 2003 Coleman had the biggest and thickest back ever.

I would say Ronnie's back in 2003 very well might be bigger than Dorians but again bigger doesn't mean better , the quality of his back suffered immensely compared he when he was just 247lbs the depth , the separation , the shrink-wrapped looked all gone

. I concur with you thinking Dorian's calves were light years ahead Ronnie. The masses agree that is because of their diamond like shape and detail. Size wise, Ronnie's calves were huge. I was at the 2005 and 2007 Mr. Olympias. I saw the man from twenty feet away. He is ginormous all over. However, his calves look like a mass of hung meat

We're talking specifically about 1999 I don't care if his calves were bigger they just don't compare. but even heavier his calves sucked

However, in layman speak that you would understand, a Ferrari can be the same length as Ford. Hope that help clarify for you (the greatest debater ever  ::) ::) ::)).

lol greatest debater ever? You're the one who can't even follow along going off on tangents and letting emotion do the typing for you.

ukjeff

« Reply #246 on: August 24, 2013, 07:48:24 AM »
I thought this was a thread about Lee Haney?

So why do we debate undebatable things like Dorian's calves and back?

ITS BECAUSE 99% OF THE PEOPLE HERE HAVE ZERO ATTENTION SPAN.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #247 on: August 24, 2013, 07:59:29 AM »
I thought this was a thread about Lee Haney?

So why do we debate undebatable things like Dorian's calves and back?

Because ND brings his illogical drivel to any thread that anyone professions other than Dorian to be the greatest. I don't mind, it's not like he's proving his point. lol

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #248 on: August 24, 2013, 09:13:04 AM »

It's not my comparison. I just found it. Don't kill the messenger lol.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #249 on: August 24, 2013, 09:15:26 AM »
It's not my comparison. I just found it. Don't kill the messenger lol.
Didn't figure it was yours, not your usual level of quality.

You are excused.  ;D