Author Topic: Green Lamp - it is that bad! An F+  (Read 9668 times)

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
Re: Green Lamp
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 01:48:33 PM »
There is a never ending supply of them: Deadpool, Black Panther, Luke Cage, Apocalypse, Cable, Alphaflight, The Spectre, Justice League, Teen Titans, Gen X, The Darkness, The First, Hawkman, Aquaman, Submariner, ElfQuest, Hercules, Venom, Weapon X, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, Black Widow, and all of Batman's former Robins...and the list goes on.

So we pay the price for Hollywood's lack of creativity, they need to learn their lesson.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 01:59:41 PM »

So we pay the price for Hollywood's lack of creativity, they need to learn their lesson.
For creativity, watch State of Play...
But, Hollywood has forever adapted comicbooks (today's myths and legends), novels, and or ancient myths and legends...and have used their themes.
The one comicbook I would have like to see done on a movie screen or on TV was a very short lived one called "Inferno". Basically the premise is the gate of hell has been opened, so a team must be sent down to retrieve the key...problem is, the only people who can enter hell are those who are going to be going there in the first place---convicted killers, rapists, child molesters, etc. They are recruited from prisons And so they must need a leader as well...
Opening scene of them going thru the gate of hell is man being killed---he didn't  belong there, he was wrongly convicted of murder.

A unique take on Dante's Inferno.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 04:58:25 PM »
No Surprise

The guy that made Batman really should do Aquaman now that would be awesome

Did you ever see the made for TV Aquaman pilot?  I can't remember where I got it but I eventually downloaded it and watched it.  Had it made it to TV as a series I would have watched... for a while.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011, 05:00:58 PM »

newsflash , even if some people find it stupid, millions are going to watch it, and those who make these moveis know it even before the script is written.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 05:05:35 PM »
I can't believe that the public isn't bored to tears with these retarded superhero movies.
Apparently you have a bunch of producers from my generation green-lighting movies nowadays. They grew up primarily reading Marvel Comics back in the 70's and 80's. With the computer/special effects technology at an advanced enough level at this point to allow these superhero movies to look fairly realistic, its all systems go. Ten years ago these movies would look like complete shit.

You've got a huge supply of characters to put up on the big screen and allow a segment of the 35-50 male demographic to relive their childhood days of geekdom.  And the 18-35 year old demographic will go out to see anything with enough hype, explosions and star power. Movies will always be a cheap date for broke youth.
!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2011, 05:05:49 PM »
Did you ever see the made for TV Aquaman pilot?  I can't remember where I got it but I eventually downloaded it and watched it.  Had it made it to TV as a series I would have watched... for a while.

Why would you bother?  I don`t think it contains any old Scaly Skinned GH abusing Pig Bear Hair Furry monsters with oversized hands.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 05:09:57 PM »
This is what you simpletons watch?  ???  What exactly are you expecting out of a comic book movie?  Little wonder why movies are drastically dumbed down for today`s short attention span morons.  These movies can be cranked out like roach bait monthly and all the pests readily line up to willingly waste their lives watching such toxic rubbish.  As long as they make money, the quality does not matter, especially when you have an audience with a low IQ and no standards.

Good post!

I almost never watch new (last three decades) movies.  They're complete garbage...

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2011, 05:12:41 PM »
You are all expecting too much out of these movies, take them for what they are.... They are kids movies, they are our childhoods coming to life, just be a kid again and enjoy it.  from the trailers,.. Hell from the titles, you should already know what to expect.  it was fun, period.

Exactly. I don't know why people go into summer blockbusters expecting anything more than loud noises and cool explosions. They're designed to make money (usually to cover their $200 million budgets), not win Oscars.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2011, 05:16:27 PM »
Why would you bother?  I don`t think it contains any old Scaly Skinned GH abusing Pig Bear Hair Furry monsters with oversized hands.

You're on a role today, keep up the good work!!!  ;D

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Green Lamp - it is that bad! An F+
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2011, 07:21:14 PM »
Will definately wait until it comes out on DVD...

From Rueters New on how is did...

The costly superhero movie "Green Lantern" flickered at the weekend box office in North America, while a Jim Carrey family comedy got a lukewarm reception.

According to studio estimates issued on Sunday, "Green Lantern" earned about $52.7 million -- at the lower end of expectations -- during its first three days of release across the United States and Canada.

The Warner Bros. 3D release will need to make up ground overseas to recoup its reported $200 million production budget and its $125 million worldwide marketing tab. (The studio said those numbers were too high, but declined to give its own figures.)

Ideally, the picture would have opened to about $55 million, said Dan Fellman, the president of domestic theatrical distribution at the Time Warner Inc unit. But it was too early to get an accurate picture of its prospects, he added.

Critics mauled the picture, which stars Ryan Reynolds as an intergalactic space cop. The relatively obscure character originated in a DC Comics book, and is the latest superhero to invade theaters in recent weeks following "Thor" ($65 million opening) and a fifth "X-Men" movie ($55 million).

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2011, 08:13:01 PM »
gonna go see it with the kids tomorrow...they will tell me if its bad or not

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2011, 08:18:22 PM »
gonna go see it with the kids tomorrow...they will tell me if its bad or not
As the guy that enjoys most of the movies that critics hate, and that loves seeing movies that are just eye candy and special effects, just action and explosions for your average moronic american, I can say this movie sucked.
It was cool seeing the Lantern Corp, it was cool seeing shit ive seen in Comics and to see stuff I remembered from comics, but it just sucked. They had so much to work with, even being able to just fall back on the effects and explosions, and it still sucked. Badly.
BUT - that being said, if given the choice to do it over, Id still pay to see it, its a good mindless summer movie. I was just disappointed that with so much to work with, it sucked as bad as it did.

Stavios

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2011, 08:22:29 PM »

Aquaman is a fucking boring hero  :o

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2011, 08:24:17 PM »

gotta agree

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2011, 08:37:20 PM »
How about Transformers 3? I really liked 2, i know the plot was garbage but who gives a fuck there were awesome Robots fighting and shit
lol! post of the century. ;D generation nothingness lacks the attention span for a story with any real depth anyway. pretty much we wanna see stuff blowing up and t'n'a.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2011, 08:38:47 PM »

If it was made like The Batman movies it would be great.

Especially with Punisher or maybe DareDevil

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2011, 09:05:52 PM »

They turned Aquaman into a white teen high school valley boy flick with a punk rock sound track. 

F+

The superhero carnage continues.

When is the next Batman movie?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2011, 09:43:52 PM »
Poop > G_Thong

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2011, 03:18:30 AM »

lol @ Aquaman.  ::)
Aquaman is like a D-List superhero. They are starting to reach for the bottom of the barrel with a lot of this shit.  :D

I always thought the Green Lantern was a pretty lame character. The television show only aired for one season, and its success was largely the result of Bruce Lee playing Kato. If there isn't Bruce Lee reincarnated playing Kato(and there most certainly isn't), then I don't want to see it.
!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2011, 03:59:41 AM »
lol @ Aquaman.  ::)
Aquaman is like a D-List superhero. They are starting to reach for the bottom of the barrel with a lot of this shit.  :D

I always thought the Green Lantern was a pretty lame character. The television show only aired for one season, and its success was largely the result of Bruce Lee playing Kato. If there isn't Bruce Lee reincarnated playing Kato(and there most certainly isn't), then I don't want to see it.

you're talking about the Green Hornet, NOT Green Lantern

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2011, 04:02:46 AM »
This is what you simpletons watch?  ???  What exactly are you expecting out of a comic book movie?  Little wonder why movies are drastically dumbed down for today`s short attention span morons.  These movies can be cranked out like roach bait monthly and all the pests readily line up to willingly waste their lives watching such toxic rubbish.  As long as they make money, the quality does not matter, especially when you have an audience with a low IQ and no standards.
the lizard illuminati once told a guy who told a guy who told me that they request movies be made for a 4 yo intelect level ... go figure

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2011, 04:04:42 AM »
You are all expecting too much out of these movies, take them for what they are.... They are kids movies, they are our childhoods coming to life, just be a kid again and enjoy it.  from the trailers,.. Hell from the titles, you should already know what to expect.  it was fun, period.

i'm glad somebody gets it.   ::)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2011, 04:11:27 AM »
i'm glad somebody gets it.   ::)

::)

yeah, dark knight will be airing after barney.

i don't think joker was fit for romper-room.

maybe hulk can teach kids how to strangle with a gold chain.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2011, 04:13:27 AM »
you're talking about the Green Hornet, NOT Green Lantern

LOL...Whoops! :-[
All the more reason for me not to bother to see this shit.  :P
!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2011, 04:23:33 AM »
LOL...Whoops! :-[
All the more reason for me not to bother to see this shit.  :P

That made me LOL, you've got some hero confusion going on there.