Author Topic: Evangelical Leader Accused of Gay Affair  (Read 37258 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: Evangelical Leader Accused of Gay Affair
« Reply #175 on: March 03, 2010, 08:35:04 PM »

LMCO! PLENTY of EVIDENCE to show a flood DID occure on this planet.   :o

Government_Controlled/Dea_Agent

a worldwide flood? provide me this evidence please.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2010, 08:50:43 PM »
Ted Haggard Starting New Church: Gay People Welcome, Gay Marriages Not So Much
by Jillian Rayfield

Rev. Ted Haggard gave a press conference today to make a "big announcement" about his career path.

And what an announcement it was! Outside of his home in Colorado Springs, with his family by his side, Haggard revealed...that he's starting a new church.

Haggard said that many may be believe he's "not qualified" to be a pastor again, but he thinks that "because of what we've been through" he's "qualified to help other people in need."

Haggard, of course, is referring to 2006, when he admitted to a homosexual affair amid allegations of drug use. He was founder and leader of the evangelical New Life Church at the time, but was excommunicated following the revelations.

He said that his new church -- St. James Church in Colorado Springs -- will welcome everyone, including those who are "gay, straight, bi, tall, short, whether you're an addict, a recovering addict, or you have an addict in your family."

"Democrats are are welcome, Republicans are welcome, independents are welcome," Haggard added.

Referring to the scandal as "the crash," Haggard noted that since it happened, "I don't judge people anymore."

However, he did emphasize that there will be no gay marriages performed in his church, because "God's ideal plan for a marriage is the union of a man and a woman." Haggard added that it's also "God's ideal that all of us have our weight under control," but that doesn't always happen.

"I don't want to be a political activist," Haggard said. "I want to help people."

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2010, 05:56:47 AM »
a leopard cant change his spots.
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: June 07, 2010, 12:56:35 PM »
>...will welcome everyone, including those who are "gay, straight, bi, tall, short, whether you're an addict, a recovering addict, or you have an addict in your family.

On other words he is desperate to have anyone come to his church because having a congregation gives him credibility.  Sorry, his credibility is gone and it's not coming back.  Haggard still doesn't get it: we want him to go away and stay away.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #179 on: June 07, 2010, 04:51:47 PM »
Good for him.  Glad he apparently got his life together.  

Although I do question whether he should be a preacher again. 

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #180 on: June 07, 2010, 05:11:09 PM »
>...will welcome everyone, including those who are "gay, straight, bi, tall, short, whether you're an addict, a recovering addict, or you have an addict in your family.

On other words he is desperate to have anyone come to his church because having a congregation gives him credibility.  Sorry, his credibility is gone and it's not coming back.  Haggard still doesn't get it: we want him to go away and stay away.  ::)

x2, he probably would prefer an all gay audience since he is gay.  What is the point to this guy still trying to hide ?????  Comon dude just come out and lose the wife and get a man, you know you want it!!
TEAM Nasser