Author Topic: Some people can eat whatever they want and don't get fat ...  (Read 30604 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Some people can eat whatever they want and don't get fat ...
« Reply #200 on: June 03, 2010, 04:17:28 PM »
you cannot be serious  ???

the only thing you have done in these 9 pages is reveal how little you know about the science of nutrition, and made yourself look more and more ridiculous with every post.

not only that but you have not said one thing about your theories, not a description, comment, and valid argument.

i have asked various times, yet you have avoided my direct questions at every opportunity.

are you Vince Basil in disguise ?

So I'll take that as a no.  ;D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #201 on: June 03, 2010, 04:18:17 PM »
  healthy individuals rarely experience blood sugar "crash", even after the ingestion of large amounts of sugar(s).

did you know about this jim:

Acheson KJ, Schutz Y, Bessards T, Anantharaman K, Flatt JP, Jeguier E. Glycogen synthesis versus lipogenesis after a 500g carbohydrate meal in man. Metabolism 1982;31:1234–40.[Medline]

theres another one where the subjects consumed 700g of pasta and not 1 gram was converted to fat.

jim will ignore hese studies though as he knows best  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: June 03, 2010, 04:20:09 PM »
So I'll take that as a no.  ;D

i don't mind taking time out of my day to own the living shit out of you live on radio.

i assume you will actually talk about science, and not simply argue with me the entire time, ignoring and avoiding all direct questions like you have done througout this entire thread  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: June 03, 2010, 04:22:52 PM »
i don't mind taking time out of my day to own the living shit out of you live on radio.

i assume you will actually talk about science, and not simply argue with me the entire time, ignoring and avoiding all direct questions like you have done througout this entire thread  ::)

Don't worry about me and what my reponses will be, I'm certainly not worried about you. OK so if Derek has any interest in the debate let's get it on.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: June 03, 2010, 04:25:42 PM »
Don't worry about me and what my reponses will be, I'm certainly not worried about you. OK so if Derek has any interest in the debate let's get it on.

why wait - tell me your thoughts and theories here and now - let getbig decide.  ::)

you have had 9 pages to tell us your thoughts and ideas.

you are wasting my time i believe.
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: June 03, 2010, 04:27:05 PM »
  healthy individuals rarely experience blood sugar "crash", even after the ingestion of large amounts of sugar(s).

did you know about this jim:

Acheson KJ, Schutz Y, Bessards T, Anantharaman K, Flatt JP, Jeguier E. Glycogen synthesis versus lipogenesis after a 500g carbohydrate meal in man. Metabolism 1982;31:1234–40.[Medline]

Cliff notes please.  ;D Is this study saying that people who consume large amounts of table sugar on a daily basis do not experience highs and lows when it comes to blood sugar levels?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: June 03, 2010, 04:28:18 PM »
why wait - tell me your thoughts and theories here and now - let getbig decide.  ::)

you have had 9 pages to tell us your thoughts and ideas.

you are wasting my time i believe.

Then I won't waste your time any longer, promise.  ;)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #207 on: June 03, 2010, 04:56:41 PM »
hahahahaha

Is that the best you can do? Really?
Lame. Fuck has GetBig hit the shitter.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #208 on: June 03, 2010, 06:35:34 PM »
Cliff notes please.  ;D Is this study saying that people who consume large amounts of table sugar on a daily basis do not experience highs and lows when it comes to blood sugar levels?
no it says that people can eat huge amounts of the most potent type of sugar and not experience any fat gains.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: June 03, 2010, 06:42:16 PM »
no it says that people can eat huge amounts of the most potent type of sugar and not experience any fat gains.

Oh, well I can't disagree with that. I know a lot of skinny people who eat tons of sugar.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #210 on: June 03, 2010, 06:45:17 PM »
Oh, well I can't disagree with that. I know a lot of skinny people who eat tons of sugar.
  :) lol. im no even sure what your trying to argue with these guys dude.  are you saying that carbohydrates provide zero benefit for building muscle and/or losing fat/retaining muscle..???

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: June 03, 2010, 06:45:54 PM »
I eat whatever I want and I don't get fat.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: June 03, 2010, 06:48:05 PM »
  :) lol. im no even sure what your trying to argue with these guys dude.  are you saying that carbohydrates provide zero benefit for building muscle and/or losing fat/retaining muscle..???

I honestly don't know.  ;D As far as carbs go I wouldn't say that no, but I personally can gain muscle on little carbs if I chose to and no, I do not recommend people eat like that in the off season.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #213 on: June 03, 2010, 06:53:03 PM »
I honestly don't know.  ;D As far as carbs go I wouldn't say that no, but I personally can gain muscle on little carbs if I chose to and no, I do not recommend people eat like that in the off season.

yeah. diet is over estimated anyways. your wrong about carbs not being very effective compared to fats, if thats your argument. but your also very right that it just doesnt matter too much  ;D the most important elements are training and gear(s), without a doubt. the diet really doesnt matter so much so long as protein is decent and calories are about where they should be for the task at hand

alot of people do seem to be able to stay lean easier without carbs in the diet. so for them it does make sense to go low carb

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #214 on: June 03, 2010, 06:55:11 PM »
I started dieting last Wednesday and I am down from 210 to 199 already on a 2500 calorie diet with 100 to 130 grams of protein with the remainder basically "Junk" . My arms measure the same, I'm happy.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2010, 07:00:46 PM »
yeah. diet is over estimated anyways. your wrong about carbs not being very effective compared to fats, if thats your argument. but your also very right that it just doesnt matter too much  ;D the most important elements are training and gear(s), without a doubt. the diet really doesnt matter so much so long as protein is decent and calories are about where they should be for the task at hand

alot of people do seem to be able to stay lean easier without carbs in the diet. so for them it does make sense to go low carb

Agreed on all except I  don't think that fats are more effective than carbs per say. In fact, I "use" carbs at certain times during the precontest phase and they are beneficial for a lot of reasons.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2010, 07:33:35 PM »
I started dieting last Wednesday and I am down from 210 to 199 already on a 2500 calorie diet with 100 to 130 grams of protein with the remainder basically "Junk" . My arms measure the same, I'm happy.

That's it, I'm going with 400 cals of whey protein and 2100 cals worth of Reese Cups starting tomorrow. I'll be shredded by Christmas.  ;D

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2010, 07:41:38 PM »

Any pics ? (no homo)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2010, 07:48:36 PM »
That's it, I'm going with 400 cals of whey protein and 2100 cals worth of Reese Cups starting tomorrow. I'll be shredded by Christmas.  ;D

Why do you have to be all or nothing with it? 

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2010, 08:02:38 PM »
Why do you have to be all or nothing with it? 

What do you mean by all or nothing?

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2010, 08:12:30 PM »
Any pics ? (no homo)
I will start taking pics ASAP. I only have a pathetic excuse for a camera phone but I can get one of my gym partners to fish out his camera.

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #221 on: June 03, 2010, 08:23:51 PM »
I know it's hard to believe, hell, I myself was a "purist" if you will for years before realising how unnecessarily hard I was taking it dieting. Physiologically speaking, a healthy average Joe is best off eating a more well rounded diet than a bodybuilding "cutting" diet as it is variety that gives us the trace minerals and nutrients that create a well oiled machine.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: June 03, 2010, 08:33:19 PM »
I know it's hard to believe, hell, I myself was a "purist" if you will for years before realising how unnecessarily hard I was taking it dieting. Physiologically speaking, a healthy average Joe is best off eating a more well rounded diet than a bodybuilding "cutting" diet as it is variety that gives us the trace minerals and nutrients that create a well oiled machine.

Hey in all seriousness I hope you get shredded and it's cool that your eating what you want and losing fat. I wouldn't go as far as to say that a BB diet is unhealthy as there are so many different diets out there it would be unfair to categorize them all as unhealthy. Oh and I don't find it hard to believe at all that you are losing weight. Anyway, keep us posted and good luck.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #223 on: June 03, 2010, 10:09:41 PM »
Who gives a sh!t about speaking, debates, and blah-blah. The best way is to prove it by showing how it's done, for example going from 20% bodyfat to 5% bodyfat and possibly even adding a few pounds of lean tissue.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: June 04, 2010, 08:00:58 AM »
Agreed on all except I  don't think that fats are more effective than carbs per say. In fact, I "use" carbs at certain times during the precontest phase and they are beneficial for a lot of reasons.

what times would you use carbs ? what reasons ?

you have already said insulin is worthless for muscle gains  ::)
175lbs by 31st July