Author Topic: very impressive pec-deck strength  (Read 5751 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
very impressive pec-deck strength
« on: September 03, 2012, 03:53:12 AM »
 :o :o :o

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: very impressive pec-deck strength
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 04:11:28 AM »
worse photoshop ever... whats that on his head?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 04:18:22 AM »

it's not a photoshop dude, that's trevor smith, all 400 pounds of him

i guess it's a doo-rag, hulk hogan style

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 05:02:11 AM »

Not a photoshop at all, Trevor was STRONG AS FUCK !!! R.I.P. my friend  :'(

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 05:09:51 AM »
Pec-deck should be included in Olympic Weightlifting..

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 07:16:49 AM »
it's not a photoshop dude, that's trevor smith, all 400 pounds of him

i guess it's a doo-rag, hulk hogan style
moral to story 400 lb bbers don't live long.
F

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 07:20:59 AM »
moral to story 400 lb bbers don't live long.

yep, and i addressed that fact in another thread

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 09:10:13 AM »
Trevor was a great guy, and missed. His BFT system was the most brutal way of training, but the results were great.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 09:13:59 AM »
Trevor was a great guy, and missed. His BFT system was the most brutal way of training, but the results were great.

did you follow his BFT training protocol?

if yes, what kinda results did you get?

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 09:25:20 AM »
Yes. I got strength gains every week. My incline press went from sub 200 to over 275, and my arms went from 19 to 20" (I wasn't lean). I then used it when doing a transformation contest and lost 38 lbs in 16 weeks while dropping my bodyfat from 20% to less than 12 in conjunction with running in the morning and sparring in the evening

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 09:30:44 AM »
Yes. I got strength gains every week. My incline press went from sub 200 to over 275, and my arms went from 19 to 20" (I wasn't lean). I then used it when doing a transformation contest and lost 38 lbs in 16 weeks while dropping my bodyfat from 20% to less than 12 in conjunction with running in the morning and sparring in the evening

good stuff man

did you follow it exactly like Trevor advised? ie. the 4-day split as follows:

day 1: chest
day 2: delt and tri
day 3: off
day 4: back and bi
day 5: legs
day 6 and 7: off

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 09:42:03 AM »
good stuff man

did you follow it exactly like Trevor advised? ie. the 4-day split as follows:

day 1: chest
day 2: delt and tri
day 3: off
day 4: back and bi
day 5: legs
day 6 and 7: off

Yep, that was it to a T.  Day 1 was my favorite, day 2 I was often a little tired, and the Thurs/Friday part was a bitch. Friday nights I was toast lol.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 09:46:20 AM »
The God of permabulking himself  8)

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »
I followed BFT as a natural teenager for a few months once. Throwing up every workout, literally not being able to stand or raise my arms...not being able to do ANYTHING other than barely get a shake and some food in before just passing out asleep after.

It was great.

Absolutely have to have a partner. I haven't had a training partner since so nowadays I do a lot of drops and super sets to try to get to that range of intensity these days. Every other workout is easy once you have done BFT/Demon Training.

I had no clue that it was done pretty much assuming you were gassed up. Might explain that since no matter how much I ate or slept I still over trained in only a few months on it. I put on about twenty pounds though (160-180). Not ALL muscle, some fat/water, but it was very noticeable strength and size differences. If you have a partner you can trust and massive man parts, go for it. 

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 01:34:28 PM »
I got his Gear Uzr mag was great reading!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 01:35:45 PM »
It might be one of the gayest names for a machine, but it's a great exercise to burn your chest (in case your gym has a good one)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 01:36:24 PM »
I followed BFT as a natural teenager for a few months once. Throwing up every workout, literally not being able to stand or raise my arms...not being able to do ANYTHING other than barely get a shake and some food in before just passing out asleep after.

It was great.

Absolutely have to have a partner. I haven't had a training partner since so nowadays I do a lot of drops and super sets to try to get to that range of intensity these days. Every other workout is easy once you have done BFT/Demon Training.

I had no clue that it was done pretty much assuming you were gassed up. Might explain that since no matter how much I ate or slept I still over trained in only a few months on it. I put on about twenty pounds though (160-180). Not ALL muscle, some fat/water, but it was very noticeable strength and size differences. If you have a partner you can trust and massive man parts, go for it. 

what kind of strength incresses did you get from it? like how much did you bench, squat, dead, curl, and military press go up?

i know that he liked to do iso moves, but i think that they're basically a waste of time

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 01:38:26 PM »
Fuckin' pec dec  ::)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 01:42:30 PM »
Fuckin' pec dec  ::)

yep, isos are basically a waste of time, and compounds are king

bring on the squat, bench, dead, row, military, and barbell curl 8)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 02:02:30 PM »
a muscle doesn't know what exercise its doing, stress the muscle and it will respond.

that's true, but some exercises are FAR BETTER than others

generally, the harder the exercise the better the exercise

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 02:22:31 PM »
that's true, but some exercises are FAR BETTER than others

generally, the harder the exercise the better the exercise

In case you define 'harder' as more intense, I agree with you, but any exercise can be intense, it's just a matter of weight & focus.
There are differences between exercises when it comes to fiber recruitment, but that won't make one exercise 'far better' than another one.
IMO, compound exercises are overrated in effectiveness. They are good, but so are single joint movements, like curls, raises & extensions.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 02:30:58 PM »
In case you define 'harder' as more intense, I agree with you, but any exercise can be intense, it's just a matter of weight & focus.
There are differences between exercises when it comes to fiber recruitment, but that won't make one exercise 'far better' than another one.
IMO, compound exercises are overrated in effectiveness. They are good, but so are single joint movements, like curls, raises & extensions.

any exercise will "work" if you progressively overload it, but my point is that compounds allow overload to happen much quicker and faster coz they cause a greater stress and strain upon the body

do you really think that leg extensions could cause as much quad growth as squats and/or leg presses?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 02:37:49 PM »
Awesome strength......on a machine :-\

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 02:45:19 PM »
what kind of strength incresses did you get from it? like how much did you bench, squat, dead, curl, and military press go up?

i know that he liked to do iso moves, but i think that they're basically a waste of time

I wasn't doing deads back then, wish I was, but I remember I went from barely repping 185 on bench to repping 225 for 10. My squats were always a bit ahead of my upper body and I was able to go from 315 for a single to 315 for 10. I do remember that. Keep in mind I was just a teen also, regardless if I had been training a year already. I can't for the life of me remember what I was military pressing then, I think I was mainly doing dumbbell presses?

I was never naturally a strong dude, just lean. I just remember for the short time I had been training that it was the most significant changes I had body wise since when I initially started.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 03:04:20 PM »
I wasn't doing deads back then, wish I was, but I remember I went from barely repping 185 on bench to repping 225 for 10. My squats were always a bit ahead of my upper body and I was able to go from 315 for a single to 315 for 10. I do remember that. Keep in mind I was just a teen also, regardless if I had been training a year already. I can't for the life of me remember what I was military pressing then, I think I was mainly doing dumbbell presses?

I was never naturally a strong dude, just lean. I just remember for the short time I had been training that it was the most significant changes I had body wise since when I initially started.

don't be so modest dude, that's a damn good squat, and that bench ain't too shabby either 8)