Author Topic: 2012 Arnold Classic - Official Competitor Lists for the contests  (Read 16836 times)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2012 Arnold Classic - Official Competitor Lists for the contests
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2012, 07:27:19 PM »
Beyeke for the win.

I think he will be 4th or 5th.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
2012 Arnold - Jim Lorimer interview - the promoter behind the Arnold
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2012, 10:59:30 PM »

Well, Jim Lorimer is the main guy behind the Arnold Classic.  Jim and his team (who I have seen do an incredible job for 14 years now - my 14th Arnold Classic this year) built up the largest bodybuilding and industry related event in the US.  Here is a story on Jim on Bodybuilding.com

Bodybuilding fan? You need to know Jim Lorimer. This former tackle, FBI agent, mayor and current bodybuilding impresario has meant nearly as much to the sport as Arnold himself.

Boys and girls dream. They are soldiers, policemen, football players or politicians. Jim Lorimer spent the last 80 years making his dreams, and those of thousands of aspiring boys and girls, come true.

Lorimer was a football star in high school. He served in the Navy in World War II. He joined the FBI out of college. He worked for decades for Nationwide Insurance. He was/is still the mayor of his hometown, but his great talent is as a promoter.

He watched the USSR beat the USA in an Olympic-style dual meet in 1959. The defeat spurred him to organize an Olympic prep course for teen girls that changed the way the U.S. prepares for Olympiads. In 1970, after revolutionizing women's sports in America, Jim made a call that would change his life, and bodybuilding, forever.

The recipient: a young man with dreams of his own. A young man named Arnold.

He called Arnold Schwarzenegger at Gold's Gym in Venice Beach, Calif., asked the Austrian import to compete in the Mr. World in Columbus, Ohio, which took place the day after Mr. Universe in London. Lorimer arranged red-eye flights and connections to bring The Oak to Ohio to face 3-time Mr. Olympia Sergio Oliva.

"Everyone was watching Sergio and Arnold," Lorimer said. "They started to match shots. That's the first time there was a pose-down."

Arnold won $500 in front of an audience of 4,000 people. After the competition was over, Arnold told Lorimer: "This is the best competition I've ever been in. When I'm done competing in the sport of bodybuilding, I want to go into the promotion of the sport and do everything I can to legitimize and raise the image of the sport and I'm going to come back to Columbus, Ohio and ask you to be my partner."

Schwarzenegger kept his vow. He returned six years later, met with Lorimer and the two partnered to promote bodybuilding events. The Arnold Classic was born.

The rest, as they say--35 years' worth--is history.

The rest of the story is here...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/arnolds-architect-jim-lorimer.html

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2012, 04:39:02 AM »
Surprising how many people think that these new guys are not only going to take it from Dex and Branch, but that Dex and Branch are not even going to place! 

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2012, 06:31:31 AM »

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2012, 11:48:44 PM »
Surprising how many people think that these new guys are not only going to take it from Dex and Branch, but that Dex and Branch are not even going to place! 
Ya no shit lol at the ones thinking Bayeke winning, ha that is funny and I would say they really know very little about bodybuilding for saying that, I mean Phil Heath was basically undefeated and won his first 3 pro shows and got spanked at the Arnold, barely making top 5 and Bayeke is no Phil Heath, to think he will win, hilarious, the Arnold is a different ball game altogether

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2012, 04:41:47 AM »
Will Maria Shriver be there too this year ?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2012, 05:25:58 AM »
Will Maria Shriver be there too this year ?
Well, I am assuming you are saying that cause the break up, If I am not mistaken I think they are back together

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2012, 06:58:29 AM »
Well, I am assuming you are saying that cause the break up, If I am not mistaken I think they are back together
That's the reason I question it...

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2012, 03:21:27 PM »
When is pre-judging?

and will it be streamed or wholl have the vids/pics up first???

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2012, 12:11:04 PM »
1) Dennis Wolf

2) Evan Centopani

3) Branch Warren

4) Eduardo Correa

5) Ben Pakulski

6) Dexter Jackson (only out of respect) but this place belongs to Fouad Abiad

Beyeke, Curry, wasted opportunity... both not in shape....

a disappointing showing if you ask me, last 2 years were much better

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2012, 04:05:56 PM »
Close but I think it is going to be.
1 Wolf
2 Branch
3 Evan
4 Packman