Author Topic: Did I just tear my tricep ? Feedback wanted ASAP!  (Read 5565 times)

Hosehead

• Getbig I
Did I just tear my tricep ? Feedback wanted ASAP!
« on: December 15, 2011, 07:58:49 PM »
OK it might just be a wicked case of tendonitis. I have been experiencing pain in my left elbow where the triceps tendon inserts to the elbow for about 3 months. It has swelled recently to the point where my family doctor gave me a cortisone shot to relieve the swelling. He THOUGHT it was just a bad case of bursitis or tendonitis. It did not appear, however that the swollen area around the elbow was big enough to aspirate , he merely felt the large lump was inflammatory in nature and not fluid. That should rule out bursitis and point towads either a small tear or tendonitis. That was a week ago but me being retarded I had to give it a try once the swelling and pain subsided and did some close grip bench press tonight at home. I did biceps first (have tendonitis in my right bicep and am getting ART massage therapy for it - coming along nicely too) and warmed up with a few light sets. I did a set of 225 very well controlled for an easy ten. My next set was with 245 and I usually get about 12-15 but on the 7th rep I felt a twinge and heard a pop close to lockout. On a scale of 1-10 the pain was a 4 or 5. Didn't really swell up at all, I have a full range of motion and extension too. No noticeable redness or bruising around the elbow and no change in shape as far as a 'rolling up' of the triceps. It does hurt when I rest it on something or make any pushing motion but it doesn't hurt to just walk around or type this out. I have iced it, took 800mg of Ibuprofen and took a Tylenol 3 as well. I'm going to keep this routine up until I see my ART therapist who is really good at his craft. I had a second degree tear of the left hamstring a few summers ago and I was hacksquatting 600 lbs and free squatting 315 4 weeks afterwards with his help. I will also try and get a MRI at some point but that will take months.
 I had just begun my biggest cycle to date at 1000mg of Sust and 600mg of EQ per week when I did this(one shot of Sust and one of EQ) Do you guys think I should ditch the cycle entirely or just continue it with giving all triceps training a rest? Should I maybe switch the EQ for Deca in the belief that the Deca might help with the collagen synthesis? I have never taken EQ but know from personal experience that DECA works for minor nagging injuries, which would be the case if I simply have a small tear or tendonitis. I have read that EQ can also be effective but having never taken it I might just be wasting my time.I may just have to go for a bulker instead of the cutter I was gonna do. 300mg of Deca for me is enough bloat.

Anyhow, just wondering if anyone has any advice to offer in case I am going about this in the wrong way. It's only a few hours old and I may be jumping the gun but it may be a week before I see my therapist. Thanks in advance fellas.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Did I just tear my tricep ? Feedback wanted ASAP!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 08:10:58 PM »
See a doctor.

But usually there is bruising/swelling with a tear.

If you want more feedback post this on the G&O
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: Did I just tear my tricep ? Feedback wanted ASAP!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 07:24:16 AM »
"Hosehead"  ;D

Hope all works out well!
R