Author Topic: Liberal Violence and Fascism  (Read 167518 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Liberal Violence and Fascism
« Reply #400 on: August 12, 2019, 10:32:28 AM »
Maybe they'd like to join their right wing comrades who are coming to Portland, OR from around the country on August 17th for a rally against ANTIFA. ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #401 on: August 12, 2019, 06:30:23 PM »
Maybe they'd like to join their right wing comrades who are coming to Portland, OR from around the country on August 17th for a rally against ANTIFA. ;)
The more, the merrier. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #402 on: August 13, 2019, 10:41:35 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #403 on: August 13, 2019, 11:07:33 AM »
The more, the merrier. :)

They'll be sharing cells in lock-up, if the cops don't bash their heads in first. In that case they'll fill up the hospital emergency rooms.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #405 on: August 13, 2019, 06:25:17 PM »
They'll be sharing cells in lock-up, if the cops don't bash their heads in first. In that case they'll fill up the hospital emergency rooms.
Portland cops are useless. Total liberal cucks.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #406 on: August 14, 2019, 12:59:00 AM »
Portland cops are useless. Total liberal cucks.

Have you had personal dealings/run-ins with them or are you going by what you see and hear in the media?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #407 on: August 14, 2019, 08:25:59 AM »
Have you had personal dealings/run-ins with them or are you going by what you see and hear in the media?

I think Portland's commie fuckwad of "mayor" has pretty much neutered  Portland law enforcement.  They are not allowed to do anything against the anti-first amendment turds.  This is, I think well documented and I think you already knew this.  I have a relative living there so my knowledge is based upon what they tell me. They live in the city.  That place is becoming a shithole and it will spread because of how people "vote".  Then they will get disgusted with what they helped create and and move away only to become "triggered" and seek to fuck up their new hometown.  Fuck That Noise.

Portland will soon be a turd world schity.  Like one of the characters on the show "Grimm" (set in that town) said, Portland is weird.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: August 14, 2019, 10:26:59 AM »
I think Portland's commie fuckwad of "mayor" has pretty much neutered  Portland law enforcement.  They are not allowed to do anything against the anti-first amendment turds.  This is, I think well documented and I think you already knew this.  I have a relative living there so my knowledge is based upon what they tell me. They live in the city.  That place is becoming a shithole and it will spread because of how people "vote".  Then they will get disgusted with what they helped create and and move away only to become "triggered" and seek to fuck up their new hometown.  Fuck That Noise.

Portland will soon be a turd world schity.  Like one of the characters on the show "Grimm" (set in that town) said, Portland is weird.

You've mentioned that you have a relative who lives in Portland before. So, I already knew this. Their assessment of the Mayor and Portland is neither singular nor all inclusive. Whether or not Portland seems like a shit-hole depends on where you live in the city. If your relative lives in suburban S.E. Portland...say around 122nd Ave. then yes, parts of it are not where most people would want to be. Pretty much every mayor is heavily scrutinized. Portland is very diverse. It is completely understandable that some people will approve of the mayor and others won't.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #409 on: August 15, 2019, 02:22:30 PM »
CNN's April Ryan after bodyguard ejects local journalist: 'When I speak, I don’t have news covering my speech'

A local news editor claims that a bodyguard for CNN political analyst and White House correspondent April Ryan violently removed him from an event where she was a keynote speaker.

Charlie Kratovil, editor of New Brunswick Today, was on hand to cover a speech given by Ryan at the 4th annual New Jersey Parent Summit, which focuses on "educating, empowering and preparing parents for our future leaders," on Aug. 3 at The Heldrich Hotel.

In emails obtained by Fox News, Kratovil had previously RSVP'd to the event and received confirmation.

After covering the event for roughly three hours "without incident," Kratovil claims he was approached by a man, who he said he later found out was Ryan's security guard Joel Morris.

As Kratovil and Morris begin causing a scene, Ryan explains to the crowd, “When I speak, I don’t have news covering my speech." Kratovil said another journalist was recording her speech.

The two men then enter the lobby, where Kratovil is berated by Shennell McCloud, executive director of Project Ready, the group that hosted the event. McCloud accuses Kratovil of "interrupting" the event and demands his removal from the hotel.

Security camera footage from the hotel lobby appears to show Morris forcibly pushing Kratovil toward the exit.

Kratovil expressed his solidarity with Ryan, an outspoken critic of President Trump and his treatment of the press, but told Fox News that "her reputation" now depends on addressing what had happened and is hoping for an apology.

"I think that the President deserves much criticism for his administration's lack of transparency, his own irresponsible rhetoric towards the media, and his childish attacks on individual reporters like Ms. Ryan," Kratovil said. "Her reputation now depends on finally addressing this situation head-on and proclaiming that what happened that night in New Brunswick cannot be tolerated."

Kratovil said he intends to press charges against Morris later this week.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-april-ryan-bodyguard-journalist

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #410 on: August 17, 2019, 02:55:36 PM »
They came and they went. For the most part the two opposing groups rallying/demonstrating in Portland today did so without incident. Later a couple of skirmishes broke out between splinter groups. ANTIFA demonstrators attacked one of two buses transporting The Proud Boys out of downtown. According to current news some ANTIFA members appeared to be the aggressors. Trump tweeted about the Portland rally.

As promised, I stayed home. :)

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2019/08/portland-protests-antifa-right-wing-groups-set-to-face-off-downtown-live-updates.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #411 on: September 02, 2019, 11:20:17 PM »
'I am Antifa' professor who posted desire to hit Trump with bat resigns from post
By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

A college professor in Iowa who declared his support for the far-left Antifa movement and came under fire for a social media post in which he expressed a desire to hit President Trump with a bat is no longer in his post.

Jeff Klinzman, an adjunct English professor at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, resigned on Tuesday. The school said in a statement it accepted his resignation and has an instructor who will teach Klinzman's one course this semester. The decision to name a new instructor for Klinzman's course was based on securing a safe learning environment for students and staff, not on the professor's politics or his right to express his views, the statement said.

A local TV station, which found numerous posts believed to have been written by the professor both on his personal page and on an “Iowa Antifa” page, asked Klinzman last week about his social media activity.

“I affirm that I am Antifa,” Klinzman told local ABC affiliate KCRG-TV. He stood behind his comments. Some comments were inflammatory to Evangelical Christians and he said he was willing to apologize to any Christians offended by them.

The outlet reported that in one post, Klinzman shared a poem containing the words, “Kill them all and bury them deep in the ground,” to which he added the comment, “It’s not pretty, and I’m not proud, but seeing what evangelical Christians are doing to this country and its people fills me with rage, and a desire to exact revenge.”

The professor was also an active participant in a local Antifa group on Facebook, according to KCRG, where he reportedly made the comment about attacking Trump.

In a July 27 tweet, President Trump wrote: “Consideration is being given to declaring ANTIFA, the gutless Radical Left Wack Jobs who go around hitting (only non-fighters) people over the heads with baseball bats, a major Organization of Terror (along with MS-13 & others). Would make it easier for police to do their job!”

“Yeah, I know who I’d clock with a bat…” Klinzman wrote on the local Antifa Facebook page in reference to the president’s message.

Antifa, which is short for anti-fascist, has been facing scrutiny and calls to be labeled as a domestic terrorist organization, particularly after a series of violent incidents in Portland, Ore. Masked Antifa demonstrators allegedly beat up conservative blogger Andy Ngo at a June 29 rally that drew national attention to this small, liberal city.

More than two dozen local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, including the FBI and the Federal Protective Service, were active in Portland earlier this month to help police monitor dueling protests between right-wing demonstrators and Antifa.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/iowa-professor-antifa-resigns-bash-trump-baseball-bat

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #412 on: September 03, 2019, 06:19:03 PM »
'I am Antifa' professor who posted desire to hit Trump with bat resigns from post
By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

A college professor in Iowa who declared his support for the far-left Antifa movement and came under fire for a social media post in which he expressed a desire to hit President Trump with a bat is no longer in his post.

Jeff Klinzman, an adjunct English professor at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, resigned on Tuesday. The school said in a statement it accepted his resignation and has an instructor who will teach Klinzman's one course this semester. The decision to name a new instructor for Klinzman's course was based on securing a safe learning environment for students and staff, not on the professor's politics or his right to express his views, the statement said.

A local TV station, which found numerous posts believed to have been written by the professor both on his personal page and on an “Iowa Antifa” page, asked Klinzman last week about his social media activity.

“I affirm that I am Antifa,” Klinzman told local ABC affiliate KCRG-TV. He stood behind his comments. Some comments were inflammatory to Evangelical Christians and he said he was willing to apologize to any Christians offended by them.

The outlet reported that in one post, Klinzman shared a poem containing the words, “Kill them all and bury them deep in the ground,” to which he added the comment, “It’s not pretty, and I’m not proud, but seeing what evangelical Christians are doing to this country and its people fills me with rage, and a desire to exact revenge.”

The professor was also an active participant in a local Antifa group on Facebook, according to KCRG, where he reportedly made the comment about attacking Trump.

In a July 27 tweet, President Trump wrote: “Consideration is being given to declaring ANTIFA, the gutless Radical Left Wack Jobs who go around hitting (only non-fighters) people over the heads with baseball bats, a major Organization of Terror (along with MS-13 & others). Would make it easier for police to do their job!”

“Yeah, I know who I’d clock with a bat…” Klinzman wrote on the local Antifa Facebook page in reference to the president’s message.

Antifa, which is short for anti-fascist, has been facing scrutiny and calls to be labeled as a domestic terrorist organization, particularly after a series of violent incidents in Portland, Ore. Masked Antifa demonstrators allegedly beat up conservative blogger Andy Ngo at a June 29 rally that drew national attention to this small, liberal city.

More than two dozen local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, including the FBI and the Federal Protective Service, were active in Portland earlier this month to help police monitor dueling protests between right-wing demonstrators and Antifa.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/iowa-professor-antifa-resigns-bash-trump-baseball-bat
Did the FBI red flag him and take his guns like they did the Marine?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #413 on: September 30, 2019, 03:18:52 PM »
Antifa Harass Elderly Couple, Refuse To Let Them Cross The Street
JUSTIN CARUSO
CONTRIBUTOR
September 30, 2019

A new video from Canada shows left-wing anti-fascist (Antifa) activists harassing an elderly couple and refusing to let them cross the street.

The video, taken during a protest at Mohawk College in Ontario, Canada, shows an elderly woman with a walker and a man trying to cross the street. The Antifa activists stand in their way and continue to shout their slogans, including “Nazi scum, off our street.”

The Antifa were present to protest an event at the college being held by YouTube personality Dave Rubin and Canadian politician Maxime Bernier, according to the CBC.

Journalist Andy Ngo documented instances of violence at the protests on his Twitter page over the weekend.

Andy Ngo

@MrAndyNgo
 · 19h
Antifa protesters scream at & block elderly couple outside an event featuring conservative politician @MaximeBernier & @RubinReport. Further violence broke out, leading to two arrests. Mohawk College had faced massive campaign to cancel the event.

Embedded video

Andy Ngo

@MrAndyNgo
As in the US, antifa in Ontario, Canada assaulted members of the public outside the venue. A handful were detained in a police van then released without charges. https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9621115-protesters-descend-on-mohawk-college-for-maxime-bernier-event-at-least-five-detained/

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter
4:48 PM - Sep 29, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
1,832 people are talking about this

Andy Ngo

@MrAndyNgo
Video recorded on Sunday by the Hamilton Spectator in Ontario, Canada shows masked antifa militants attacking the public, interfering in arrests & harassing the elderly. They amassed outside Mohawk College to try & shut down @RubinReport & conservative politician @MaximeBernier.

Embedded video
8:36 PM - Sep 29, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
2,752 people are talking about this

Antifa members have participated in violence in the United States repeatedly, attacking journalists as well as other citizens. (RELATED: Antifa Members Have Repeatedly Attacked Journalists Who Cover Them)

Many Democratic politicians and members of the media have defended the group. Democratic 2020 front runner Joe Biden has expressed warm sentiments for the group, and New York Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez recently promoted a fundraiser for arrested members of Antifa.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/30/antifa-harass-elderly-couple/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #414 on: September 30, 2019, 04:17:55 PM »
Oregon man says he was 'sucker punched' by two people for wearing a MAGA hat
DILLON THOMPSON, IN THE KNOW
Aug 28th 2019

An Oregon man who was allegedly "sucker punched" at a bar Saturday said his attackers were motivated by his "Make America Great Again" hat.

Luke Lenzner was on a date with his wife at Growler's Taproom in Portland, Ore., when he said he was "mobbed" by a crowd of people on the bar's patio, according to KPTV. Two people were arrested after the attack.

"People came from the inside out – just circled me and my wife," Lenzner told KPTV.

Lenzner said things quickly escalated between him and the group — including Leopold A. Hauser, 22 and Adebisi A. Okuneye, 23, who were arrested for assault following the incident. Lenzner said the two were among those who got violent with him because of his red hat.

"[The crowd was] like literally surrounding me — pushing me," Lenzner told KPTV. "I'm just trying to get through, trying to stop the person from hitting me — from taking my hat — and then I get sucker punched."

Surveillance footage from the incident shows a slightly different scene though. Video obtained by police confirms that Lenzner and his wife were trying to make their way inside from the patio, but it appears as though the bar was not very crowded. In fact, bar staff said they were already closing for the night, according to KPTV.

Okuneye and Hauser had left the scene by the time police arrived, but Lenzner had taken a picture of their license plate. Authorities found them a few blocks away and arrested them.

After their arrest, the pair told police their side of the story. Hauser said Lenzner came out of the bar "mean mugging," and said, "B****, do you like my hat?" according to an affidavit obtained by Yahoo Lifestyle. 

Multiple witnesses — including an employee at the bar — said they believed Lenzner started the fight and the surveillance video shows him pointing at his hat when as he walks by Okuneye and Hauser.

The affidavit also states that Lenzner's wife suggested he wear the MAGA hat during their night out to "see how people treat him." The couple reportedly visited multiple bars throughout the night.

Police said that Lenzner received injuries to his face and that Okuneye and Hauser have both been charged with third-degree assault.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/08/28/maga-hat-portland-oregon-man-sucker-punched-wearing-hat-date-wife/23802621/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYW9sLmNvbS9hcnRpY2xlL25ld3MvMjAxOS8wOC8zMC8zNi15ZWFycy1wcmlzb24tYWx2aW4ta2VubmFyZC1hbGFiYW1hLXN0ZWFsaW5nLTUwLWRvbGxhcnMtYmFrZXJ5LzIzODAzOTY0Lz9mYmNsaWQ9SXdBUjJjekQxSXlxakV2SUVLY0QwaHFGYkhiZDlhbUUtcWxQa01KNEh5R1NhYlBVeDc0Wnp0dEo1TGx6aw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAEXIj-HT5KkADdLRPFDsAZNgd1E9UDNwhPc02ieBM2OBZo_lHZNhEYnFr93iav_Kd0FqRX-qqAmsEJhTutget_qGrioLhGVYNULh0vmXOybV1TI4ErPwDt7lIvzGXeFbv3hXHwhDi3f1CBtBnjyUvjiFBZNt737SBC0gQmkb3HOM

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #415 on: September 30, 2019, 04:34:03 PM »
Oregon man says he was 'sucker punched' by two people for wearing a MAGA hat
DILLON THOMPSON, IN THE KNOW
Aug 28th 2019

An Oregon man who was allegedly "sucker punched" at a bar Saturday said his attackers were motivated by his "Make America Great Again" hat.

Luke Lenzner was on a date with his wife at Growler's Taproom in Portland, Ore., when he said he was "mobbed" by a crowd of people on the bar's patio, according to KPTV. Two people were arrested after the attack.

"People came from the inside out – just circled me and my wife," Lenzner told KPTV.

Lenzner said things quickly escalated between him and the group — including Leopold A. Hauser, 22 and Adebisi A. Okuneye, 23, who were arrested for assault following the incident. Lenzner said the two were among those who got violent with him because of his red hat.

"[The crowd was] like literally surrounding me — pushing me," Lenzner told KPTV. "I'm just trying to get through, trying to stop the person from hitting me — from taking my hat — and then I get sucker punched."

Surveillance footage from the incident shows a slightly different scene though. Video obtained by police confirms that Lenzner and his wife were trying to make their way inside from the patio, but it appears as though the bar was not very crowded. In fact, bar staff said they were already closing for the night, according to KPTV.

Okuneye and Hauser had left the scene by the time police arrived, but Lenzner had taken a picture of their license plate. Authorities found them a few blocks away and arrested them.

After their arrest, the pair told police their side of the story. Hauser said Lenzner came out of the bar "mean mugging," and said, "B****, do you like my hat?" according to an affidavit obtained by Yahoo Lifestyle. 

Multiple witnesses — including an employee at the bar — said they believed Lenzner started the fight and the surveillance video shows him pointing at his hat when as he walks by Okuneye and Hauser.

The affidavit also states that Lenzner's wife suggested he wear the MAGA hat during their night out to "see how people treat him." The couple reportedly visited multiple bars throughout the night.

Police said that Lenzner received injuries to his face and that Okuneye and Hauser have both been charged with third-degree assault.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/08/28/maga-hat-portland-oregon-man-sucker-punched-wearing-hat-date-wife/23802621/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYW9sLmNvbS9hcnRpY2xlL25ld3MvMjAxOS8wOC8zMC8zNi15ZWFycy1wcmlzb24tYWx2aW4ta2VubmFyZC1hbGFiYW1hLXN0ZWFsaW5nLTUwLWRvbGxhcnMtYmFrZXJ5LzIzODAzOTY0Lz9mYmNsaWQ9SXdBUjJjekQxSXlxakV2SUVLY0QwaHFGYkhiZDlhbUUtcWxQa01KNEh5R1NhYlBVeDc0Wnp0dEo1TGx6aw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAEXIj-HT5KkADdLRPFDsAZNgd1E9UDNwhPc02ieBM2OBZo_lHZNhEYnFr93iav_Kd0FqRX-qqAmsEJhTutget_qGrioLhGVYNULh0vmXOybV1TI4ErPwDt7lIvzGXeFbv3hXHwhDi3f1CBtBnjyUvjiFBZNt737SBC0gQmkb3HOM

Updates:

Man in MAGA hat clashed with different Portland bar crowd before his alleged assault, video shows

“Come outside and see what happens,” the man, identified as Luke Lenzner, is heard telling patrons at The Vern hours before police say he was attacked at a second bar.

Lenzner’s account came under scrutiny after video surfaced that appeared to show him threatening and picking fights with patrons at a different bar earlier in the evening. During that confrontation, Lenzner also said he served in the military — a claim he later admitted wasn’t true.

Portland grand jury clears pair accused of pummeling man in MAGA hat outside of bar
Posted Sep 05, 2019

A Multnomah County grand jury on Thursday declined to indict two people accused of assaulting a man outside a Portland bar for wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat, prompting the court to dismiss the case.

Adebisi Okuneye, 23, and Leopold Hauser, 22, no longer face criminal allegations in the Aug. 24 altercation at Growler’s Taproom on Southeast Hawthorne Boulevard, according to the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #416 on: November 05, 2019, 08:28:08 AM »
Maine Woman Convicted Of Mailing Sen. Susan Collins Threatening Letter, White Powder
Suzanne Muscara said she didn’t think the letter would be taken seriously. She faces up to 10 years in prison.
By Hayley Miller
11/05/2019

A federal jury on Monday convicted a woman of mailing a threatening letter to Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) that contained white powder and a note claiming the substance was anthrax.

Suzanne Muscara, 37, of Burlington, Maine, faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. She will be sentenced at a later date.

Muscara sent the letter to Collins’ residence in Bangor in October 2018, days after the senator’s controversial vote in favor of confirming Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court after multiple women accused him of sexual misconduct.

According to a criminal complaint filed by the FBI, the letter contained a fine white powder with a note stating “AnthRAX!!! HA HA HA!!!” It also included a drawing of a stick-figure face with the letter “X” for eyes and the word “You” written with an arrow pointing to it.

The letter was intercepted by postal screeners before it reached Collins’ home. FBI agents found a finger print on the envelope that matched Muscara’s right thumb print. The white powder tested negative for ricin and other toxic substances and was determined to be starch.

Prosecutors said Muscara “knowingly or willingly” sent the threatening letter to Collins. She argued that the letter wasn’t a threat and that she believed it would be intercepted by law enforcement before reaching Collins and wouldn’t be taken seriously.

An attorney for Muscara declined to comment for this story. Collins’ office did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s request for comment.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/woman-convicted-of-sending-susan-collins-threatening-letter_n_5dc17dcce4b0bedb2d530195

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #417 on: November 05, 2019, 10:01:45 AM »
Maine Woman Convicted Of Mailing Sen. Susan Collins Threatening Letter, White Powder
Suzanne Muscara said she didn’t think the letter would be taken seriously. She faces up to 10 years in prison.
By Hayley Miller
11/05/2019

A federal jury on Monday convicted a woman of mailing a threatening letter to Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) that contained white powder and a note claiming the substance was anthrax.

Suzanne Muscara, 37, of Burlington, Maine, faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. She will be sentenced at a later date.

Muscara sent the letter to Collins’ residence in Bangor in October 2018, days after the senator’s controversial vote in favor of confirming Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court after multiple women accused him of sexual misconduct.

According to a criminal complaint filed by the FBI, the letter contained a fine white powder with a note stating “AnthRAX!!! HA HA HA!!!” It also included a drawing of a stick-figure face with the letter “X” for eyes and the word “You” written with an arrow pointing to it.

The letter was intercepted by postal screeners before it reached Collins’ home. FBI agents found a finger print on the envelope that matched Muscara’s right thumb print. The white powder tested negative for ricin and other toxic substances and was determined to be starch.

Prosecutors said Muscara “knowingly or willingly” sent the threatening letter to Collins. She argued that the letter wasn’t a threat and that she believed it would be intercepted by law enforcement before reaching Collins and wouldn’t be taken seriously.

An attorney for Muscara declined to comment for this story. Collins’ office did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s request for comment.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/woman-convicted-of-sending-susan-collins-threatening-letter_n_5dc17dcce4b0bedb2d530195

Dumb thing to do Bitch
Just Bang Her Up.

Bitch ain’t got the courage to admit what she intended
I’m sure She’d of Found it Non threatening & A Joke
Not to be Taken Seriously  ::)  ::)

Fucking Weak Defense.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #418 on: November 11, 2019, 06:22:43 PM »
 :D

Protester: I’m a professor

https://twitter.com/i/status/1193894076678131712

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #419 on: November 22, 2019, 01:06:20 PM »
Chico State: Protester Takes Conservative’s Sign, Strikes Him in the Face with It
ALANA MASTRANGELO  22 Nov 2019
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/11/22/chico-state-protester-takes-conservatives-sign-strikes-him-in-the-face-with-it/

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #420 on: November 22, 2019, 01:07:11 PM »
The left is so tolerant.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #421 on: November 22, 2019, 01:54:49 PM »

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #422 on: November 23, 2019, 08:01:50 AM »
“Fuck your America,” said a second male protester wearing a pink tank top and pink nail polish.
This is what is wrong with society. This "male" needs to be beaten savagely, then taken to the mountains until his primal instinct kicks in and he reverts to a man, or he dies. Either way, win/win.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #423 on: December 05, 2019, 04:07:41 PM »
Trying to get the man fired because he has a different opinion.

Turley: Democrats offering passion over proof in Trump impeachment
BY JONATHAN TURLEY, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 12/05/19
THE VIEWS EXPRESSED BY CONTRIBUTORS ARE THEIR OWN AND NOT THE VIEW OF THE HILL

The most dangerous place for an academic is often between the House and the impeachment of an American president. I knew that going into the first hearing of the House Judiciary Committee on the impeachment of Donald Trump. After all, Alexander Hamilton that impeachment would often occur in an environment of “agitated passions.” Yet I remained a tad naive in hoping that an academic discussion on the history and standards of it might offer a brief hiatus from hateful rhetoric on both sides.

In my testimony Wednesday, I lamented that, as in the impeachment of President Clinton from 1998 to 1999, there is an intense “rancor and rage” and “stifling intolerance” that blinds people to opposing views. My call for greater civility and dialogue may have been the least successful argument I made to the committee. Before I finished my testimony, my home and office were inundated with threatening messages and demands that I be fired from George Washington University for arguing that, while a case for impeachment can be made, it has not been made on this record.

Some of the most heated attacks came from Democratic members of the House Judiciary Committee. Representative Eric Swalwell of California attacked me for defending my client, Judge Thomas Porteous, in the last impeachment trial and noted that I lost that case. Swalwell pointed out that I said Porteous had not been charged with a crime for any conduct, which is an obviously material point for any impeachment defense.

Not all Democrats supported such scorched earth tactics. One senior Democrat on the committee apologized to me afterward for the attack from Swalwell. Yet many others relished seeing my representations of an accused federal judge being used to attack my credibility, even as they claimed to defend the rule of law. Indeed, Rachel Maddow lambasted me on MSNBC for defending the judge, who was accused but never charged with taking bribes, and referring to him as a “moocher” for the allegations that he accepted free lunches and whether such gratuities, which were not barred at the time, would constitute impeachable offenses.

Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank expanded on this theme of attacking my past argument. Despite 52 pages of my detailed testimony, more than twice the length of all the other witnesses combined, on the cases and history of impeachment, he described it as being “primarily emotional and political.” Milbank claimed that I contradicted my testimony in a 2013 hearing when I presented “exactly the opposite case against President Obama” by saying “it would be ‘very dangerous’ to the balance of powers not to hold Obama accountable for assuming powers ‘very similar’ to the ‘right of the king’ to essentially stand above the law.”

But I was not speaking of an impeachment then. It was a discussion of the separation of powers and the need for Congress to fight against unilateral executive actions, the very issue that Democrats raise against Trump. I did not call for Obama to be impeached, but that is par for the course in the echo chamber today in which the facts must conform to the frenzy. It was unsettling to see the embrace of a false narrative that I “contradicted” my testimony from the Clinton impeachment, a false narrative fueled by the concluding remarks of Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler of New York quoting from my 1998 testimony. Notably, neither Swalwell nor Nadler allowed me to respond to those or any other attacks. It was then picked up eagerly by others, despite being a demonstrably false narrative.

In my testimony Wednesday, I stated repeatedly, as I did 21 years ago, that a president can be impeached for noncriminal acts, including abuse of power. I made that point no fewer that a dozen times in analyzing the case against Trump and, from the first day of the Ukraine scandal, I have made that argument both on air and in print. Yet various news publications still excitedly reported that, in an opinion piece I wrote for the Washington Post five years ago, I said, “While there is a high bar for what constitutes grounds for impeachment, an offense does not have to be indictable,” and it could include “serious misconduct or a violation of public trust.”

That is precisely what I have said regarding Trump. You just need to prove abuse of power. My objection is not that you cannot impeach Trump for abuse of power but that this record is comparably thin compared to past impeachments and contains conflicts, contradictions, and gaps including various witnesses not subpoenaed. I suggested that Democrats drop the arbitrary schedule of a vote by the end of December and complete their case and this record before voting on any articles of impeachment. In my view, they have not proven abuse of power in this incomplete record.

However, rather than address the specific concerns I raised over this incomplete record and process, critics have substituted a false attack to suggest that I had contradicted my earlier testimony during the Clinton impeachment. They reported breathlessly that I said in that hearing, “If you decide that certain acts do not rise to impeachable offenses, you will expand the space for executive conduct.” What they left out is that, in my testimony then and again this week, I stressed that the certain act in question was perjury. The issue in the Clinton case was whether perjury was an impeachable offense. Most Democratic members of Congress, including Nadler, maintained back then that perjury did not meet the level of an impeachable offense if the subject was an affair with an intern.

I maintained in the Clinton testimony, and still maintain in my Trump testimony, that perjury on any subject by a sitting president is clearly impeachable. Indeed, as I stated Wednesday, that is the contrast between this inquiry and three prior impeachment controversies. In those earlier inquiries, the commission of criminal acts by Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon, and Bill Clinton were clearly established. With Johnson, the House effectively created a trapdoor crime and he knowingly jumped through it. The problem was that the law, the Tenure of Office Act, was presumptively unconstitutional and the impeachment was narrowly built around that dubious criminal act. With Nixon, there were a host of alleged criminal acts, and dozens of officials would be convicted. With Clinton, there was an act of perjury that even his supporters acknowledged was a felony.

While obviously presented in a false context, the quotation of my Clinton testimony only highlights the glaring contrast of those who opposed the Clinton impeachment but now insist the case is made to impeach Trump. I have maintained that they both could be removed, one for a crime and one for a noncrime. The difference is that the Clinton crime was accepted by Democrats. Indeed, a judge reaffirmed that Clinton committed perjury, a crime for which thousands of other citizens have been jailed. Yet the calls for showing that “no one is above the law” went silent with Clinton.

As I stated Wednesday, I believe the Clinton case is relevant today and my position remains the same. I do not believe a crime has been proven over the Ukraine controversy, though I said such crimes might be proven with a more thorough investigation. Instead, Democrats have argued that they do not actually have to prove the elements of crimes such as bribery and extortion to use those in drafting articles of impeachment. In the Clinton impeachment, the crime was clearly established and widely recognized.

As I said 21 years ago, a president can still be impeached for abuse of power without a crime, and that includes Trump. But that makes it more important to complete and strengthen the record of such an offense, as well as other possible offenses. I remain concerned that we are lowering impeachment standards to fit a paucity of evidence and an abundance of anger. Trump will not be our last president. What we leave in the wake of this scandal will shape our democracy for generations to come, and “agitated passions” will not be a substitute for proof in an impeachment. We currently have too much of the former and too little of the latter.

Jonathan Turley is the chair of public interest law at George Washington University and served as the last lead counsel in a Senate impeachment trial. He testified as a Republican witness in House Judiciary Committee hearing in the Trump impeachment inquiry. Follow him @JonathanTurley.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/473171-turley-democrats-offering-passion-over-proof-in-trump-impeachment

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #424 on: December 05, 2019, 04:32:43 PM »
Trying to get the man fired because he has a different opinion.

Turley: Democrats offering passion over proof in Trump impeachment
BY JONATHAN TURLEY, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 12/05/19
THE VIEWS EXPRESSED BY CONTRIBUTORS ARE THEIR OWN AND NOT THE VIEW OF THE HILL

The most dangerous place for an academic is often between the House and the impeachment of an American president. I knew that going into the first hearing of the House Judiciary Committee on the impeachment of Donald Trump. After all, Alexander Hamilton that impeachment would often occur in an environment of “agitated passions.” Yet I remained a tad naive in hoping that an academic discussion on the history and standards of it might offer a brief hiatus from hateful rhetoric on both sides.

In my testimony Wednesday, I lamented that, as in the impeachment of President Clinton from 1998 to 1999, there is an intense “rancor and rage” and “stifling intolerance” that blinds people to opposing views. My call for greater civility and dialogue may have been the least successful argument I made to the committee. Before I finished my testimony, my home and office were inundated with threatening messages and demands that I be fired from George Washington University for arguing that, while a case for impeachment can be made, it has not been made on this record.

Some of the most heated attacks came from Democratic members of the House Judiciary Committee. Representative Eric Swalwell of California attacked me for defending my client, Judge Thomas Porteous, in the last impeachment trial and noted that I lost that case. Swalwell pointed out that I said Porteous had not been charged with a crime for any conduct, which is an obviously material point for any impeachment defense.

Not all Democrats supported such scorched earth tactics. One senior Democrat on the committee apologized to me afterward for the attack from Swalwell. Yet many others relished seeing my representations of an accused federal judge being used to attack my credibility, even as they claimed to defend the rule of law. Indeed, Rachel Maddow lambasted me on MSNBC for defending the judge, who was accused but never charged with taking bribes, and referring to him as a “moocher” for the allegations that he accepted free lunches and whether such gratuities, which were not barred at the time, would constitute impeachable offenses.

Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank expanded on this theme of attacking my past argument. Despite 52 pages of my detailed testimony, more than twice the length of all the other witnesses combined, on the cases and history of impeachment, he described it as being “primarily emotional and political.” Milbank claimed that I contradicted my testimony in a 2013 hearing when I presented “exactly the opposite case against President Obama” by saying “it would be ‘very dangerous’ to the balance of powers not to hold Obama accountable for assuming powers ‘very similar’ to the ‘right of the king’ to essentially stand above the law.”

But I was not speaking of an impeachment then. It was a discussion of the separation of powers and the need for Congress to fight against unilateral executive actions, the very issue that Democrats raise against Trump. I did not call for Obama to be impeached, but that is par for the course in the echo chamber today in which the facts must conform to the frenzy. It was unsettling to see the embrace of a false narrative that I “contradicted” my testimony from the Clinton impeachment, a false narrative fueled by the concluding remarks of Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler of New York quoting from my 1998 testimony. Notably, neither Swalwell nor Nadler allowed me to respond to those or any other attacks. It was then picked up eagerly by others, despite being a demonstrably false narrative.

In my testimony Wednesday, I stated repeatedly, as I did 21 years ago, that a president can be impeached for noncriminal acts, including abuse of power. I made that point no fewer that a dozen times in analyzing the case against Trump and, from the first day of the Ukraine scandal, I have made that argument both on air and in print. Yet various news publications still excitedly reported that, in an opinion piece I wrote for the Washington Post five years ago, I said, “While there is a high bar for what constitutes grounds for impeachment, an offense does not have to be indictable,” and it could include “serious misconduct or a violation of public trust.”

That is precisely what I have said regarding Trump. You just need to prove abuse of power. My objection is not that you cannot impeach Trump for abuse of power but that this record is comparably thin compared to past impeachments and contains conflicts, contradictions, and gaps including various witnesses not subpoenaed. I suggested that Democrats drop the arbitrary schedule of a vote by the end of December and complete their case and this record before voting on any articles of impeachment. In my view, they have not proven abuse of power in this incomplete record.

However, rather than address the specific concerns I raised over this incomplete record and process, critics have substituted a false attack to suggest that I had contradicted my earlier testimony during the Clinton impeachment. They reported breathlessly that I said in that hearing, “If you decide that certain acts do not rise to impeachable offenses, you will expand the space for executive conduct.” What they left out is that, in my testimony then and again this week, I stressed that the certain act in question was perjury. The issue in the Clinton case was whether perjury was an impeachable offense. Most Democratic members of Congress, including Nadler, maintained back then that perjury did not meet the level of an impeachable offense if the subject was an affair with an intern.

I maintained in the Clinton testimony, and still maintain in my Trump testimony, that perjury on any subject by a sitting president is clearly impeachable. Indeed, as I stated Wednesday, that is the contrast between this inquiry and three prior impeachment controversies. In those earlier inquiries, the commission of criminal acts by Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon, and Bill Clinton were clearly established. With Johnson, the House effectively created a trapdoor crime and he knowingly jumped through it. The problem was that the law, the Tenure of Office Act, was presumptively unconstitutional and the impeachment was narrowly built around that dubious criminal act. With Nixon, there were a host of alleged criminal acts, and dozens of officials would be convicted. With Clinton, there was an act of perjury that even his supporters acknowledged was a felony.

While obviously presented in a false context, the quotation of my Clinton testimony only highlights the glaring contrast of those who opposed the Clinton impeachment but now insist the case is made to impeach Trump. I have maintained that they both could be removed, one for a crime and one for a noncrime. The difference is that the Clinton crime was accepted by Democrats. Indeed, a judge reaffirmed that Clinton committed perjury, a crime for which thousands of other citizens have been jailed. Yet the calls for showing that “no one is above the law” went silent with Clinton.

As I stated Wednesday, I believe the Clinton case is relevant today and my position remains the same. I do not believe a crime has been proven over the Ukraine controversy, though I said such crimes might be proven with a more thorough investigation. Instead, Democrats have argued that they do not actually have to prove the elements of crimes such as bribery and extortion to use those in drafting articles of impeachment. In the Clinton impeachment, the crime was clearly established and widely recognized.

As I said 21 years ago, a president can still be impeached for abuse of power without a crime, and that includes Trump. But that makes it more important to complete and strengthen the record of such an offense, as well as other possible offenses. I remain concerned that we are lowering impeachment standards to fit a paucity of evidence and an abundance of anger. Trump will not be our last president. What we leave in the wake of this scandal will shape our democracy for generations to come, and “agitated passions” will not be a substitute for proof in an impeachment. We currently have too much of the former and too little of the latter.

Jonathan Turley is the chair of public interest law at George Washington University and served as the last lead counsel in a Senate impeachment trial. He testified as a Republican witness in House Judiciary Committee hearing in the Trump impeachment inquiry. Follow him @JonathanTurley.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/473171-turley-democrats-offering-passion-over-proof-in-trump-impeachment

Dems presented an abundance of proof of MULTIPLE impeachable offenses

Turley is a well known apologist for Republican criminals

Fun Fact - He got his ass handed to him by Adam Schiff (and 4 other congress members) in a 2010 impeachment trial of District Court Judge Thomas Porteous

Turley attempted to portray the disgraced judges acceptance of bribes, perjury and other abuses of  his office as merely being a "moocher"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Porteous