Author Topic: California is totally F % & K E D under Democrats  (Read 28504 times)

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
Re: California is totally F % & K E D under Democrats
« Reply #200 on: January 16, 2023, 06:36:24 PM »
San Fran's reparations committee proposes $5 million to each Black longtime resident, total debt forgiveness
Fox News ^ | 1/16/23 | Jessica Chasmar
Posted on 1/16/2023, 1:28:55 PM

San Francisco’s reparations committee has proposed paying each Black longtime resident $5 million and granting total debt forgiveness due to the decades of "systematic repression" faced by the local Black community.

The San Francisco African American Reparations Advisory Committee, which advises the city on developing a plan for reparations for Black residents, released its draft report last month to address reparations – not for slavery, since California was not technically a slave state, but "to address the public policies explicitly created to subjugate Black people in San Francisco by upholding and expanding the intent and legacy of chattel slavery."

"While neither San Francisco, nor California, formally adopted the institution of chattel slavery, the tenets of segregation, white supremacy and systematic repression and exclusion of Black people were codified through legal and extralegal actions, social codes, and judicial enforcement," the draft states.

The draft plan includes a long list of financial recommendations for Black San Francisco residents, including a one-time, lump sum payment of $5 million to each eligible individual.

(Excerpt) Read more at msn.com ...

Wow, 40 acres - and maybe a mule to boot!  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #201 on: February 03, 2023, 12:23:19 PM »
Why would anyone want to live there? 

9 Controversial California Laws Taking Effect on Jan. 1
By Sophie Li December 30, 2022
https://www.theepochtimes.com/9-controversial-california-laws-taking-effect-on-jan-1_4952414.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=BonginoReport&src_src=partner&src_cmp=BonginoReport

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2023, 03:17:21 PM »
'Horrible' bill banning police dogs from being used in arrests would 'embolden' criminals, sheriff says
California bill would ban police from using dogs in arrests, protests
By Hannah Ray Lambert | Fox News
Published April 13, 2023
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/horrible-bill-banning-police-dogs-used-arrests-embolden-criminals-sheriff-says

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2023, 09:02:35 PM »
She hasn't been this wet since.......

Wayne Tracker.

• Getbig II
  • Lurker and I - Team Biden
« Reply #206 on: April 14, 2023, 08:22:13 AM »
She hasn't been this wet since.......

aways perverse aren't you- meanwhile in real life you are invisible to everyone  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: April 14, 2023, 08:23:39 AM »
aways perverse aren't you- meanwhile in real life you are invisible to everyone  ;D

Like a rabid dog always in heat.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: May 05, 2023, 08:26:06 PM »
Nordstrom closing 2 San Francisco stores, cites 'dynamics' of downtown area
Retail giant says it won't renew leases for 2 stores, that customer foot traffic has been affected
By Louis Casiano FOXBusiness
Updated on May 2, 2023
https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/norsdtrom-closing-2-san-francisco-stores-dynamics-downtown-area

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: May 06, 2023, 07:55:39 AM »
Retail giant says it won't renew leases for 2 stores, that customer foot traffic has been affected
Updated on May 2, 2023
https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/norsdtrom-closing-2-san-francisco-stores-dynamics-downtown-area
Not because of democrat policies, must be something else. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: May 06, 2023, 03:12:19 PM »
Not because of democrat policies, must be something else. ::)

Amazon perhaps? Nordstrom online shopping offers free shipping and free returns. www.nordstrom.com  Why go through the hassle of shopping in a store when you can do it from home? Saks is also online as are most retail stores. Maybe only democrats shop online in that case it could be democratic policies that is shuttering major department stores all around the country... not just in San Francisco.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: May 06, 2023, 05:03:40 PM »
Amazon perhaps? Nordstrom online shopping offers free shipping and free returns. www.nordstrom.com  Why go through the hassle of shopping in a store when you can do it from home? Saks is also online as are most retail stores. Maybe only democrats shop online in that case it could be democratic policies that is shuttering major department stores all around the country... not just in San Francisco.
Yeah, blame amazon for the thievery the democrat policies have been soft on and refused to prosecute. ::)

The Westfield mall, where the downtown Nordstrom is located, and its owner, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, said the closures "underscores the deteriorating situation in Downtown San Francisco," the San Francisco Standard reported.

"A growing number of retailers and businesses are leaving the area due to the unsafe conditions for customers, retailers, and employees, coupled with the fact that these significant issues are preventing an economic recovery of the area," a mall spokesperson said.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Gov

• Getbig III
  • Syphilis infected LurkingForBoys the Loser in Life
« Reply #212 on: May 07, 2023, 07:23:34 AM »

???  Low IQ Muppet....
c

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #213 on: May 07, 2023, 08:40:00 AM »

Updated on May 2, 2023

The Westfield mall, where the downtown Nordstrom is located, and its owner, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, said the closures "underscores the deteriorating situation in Downtown San Francisco," the San Francisco Standard reported.

"A growing number of retailers and businesses are leaving the area due to the unsafe conditions for customers, retailers, and employees, coupled with the fact that these significant issues are preventing an economic recovery of the area," a mall spokesperson said.

"[Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield] has actively engaged with city leaders for many years to express our serious concerns, which are shared by our customers and retailers. We have urged the city to find solutions to the key issues and lack of enforcement again," the statement added.

The National Retail Federation’s 2022 retail security survey ranked San Francisco/Oakland as the second-most hard-hit metropolitan area by theft in 2020 and 2021, behind Los Angeles. New York City was third while Houston placed fourth.
Markets

:

chaos

• Getbig V
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: May 07, 2023, 06:47:29 PM »
Yeah, blame amazon for the thievery the democrat policies have been soft on and refused to prosecute. ::)

This is not so much about Amazon as it is about the convenience of online shopping for both the consumer and the retailer. Instead of expensive to operate retail stores in malls and metropolitan areas, Nordstrom and other major department stores that  operate out of warehouses which lessens operating costs like fancy stores, loads of employees including layers of management down to on the floor sales staff, shoplifting and security personnel and damage to the goods.

I had an interesting experience today when shopping at the local Walmart grocery store. While picking up a prepackaged container of raspberries in the produce section I notice an elderly lady standing next to me with two large containers of strawberries she had opened. She was literally picking through them, selecting the ones she wanted and putting them into one of the two containers. The container she kept had nearly twice the amount then the one she left behind. Which was half full with her 'womanhandled' berry rejects. This is disgusting on so many levels. I reported this to an employee. But by then the germy strawberry thief and handler was probably long gone.

Back when my grandmother was buying groceries, there was no such thing as a supermarket. If you were buying fruit or vegetables, you shopped at the greengrocer. Told him what you wanted and he would select and package it for you. Today, people can accomplish almost the same thing by shopping for their groceries online and either picking them up at the store or having them delivered.  Amazon has both online shopping and instore shopping at select Whole Foods Markets with delivery and pickup options.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: May 08, 2023, 04:37:23 PM »
This is not so much about Amazon as it is about the convenience of online shopping...
Stopped reading here. Your refusal to accept reality cannot be corrected, you are a partisan lost cause.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: May 09, 2023, 01:27:32 AM »

I use to love South Cali to the max, surfing/gyms/rollerblading @ Venice/SM/Marina del Ray...................& now those mothaflickers

F*CKED everything  >:( >:( >:(

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2023, 02:56:49 PM »
I use to love South Cali to the max, surfing/gyms/rollerblading @ Venice/SM/Marina del Ray...................& now those mothaflickers

F*CKED everything  >:( >:( >:(

Southern California was already headed in the wrong direction which is what inspired my wife and I to move to Oregon in the mid 60's. When I was a kid, you could find me at Will Rogers State Park Beach every day from about 10:00 am to about 5:30 pm when it was warm enough which was most of the spring, summer and fall. When I was in high school, this changed to Zuma Beach which was great for surfing.

I miss going to a beach where the water isn't freezing. The ocean at Oregon beaches never warms up. The average temperature of the water is 49°F The beaches in S. Cal average in the 60 °F. You wouldn't think 10°F would make much difference, but it does.

Will Rogers State Park Beach

Zuma Beach

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2023, 09:20:18 PM »
T-Mobile Becomes Latest Retailer to Close Flagship Store in San Francisco
By Ben Kew | May 09, 2023
https://redstate.com/benkew/2023/05/09/t-mobile-becomes-latest-retailer-to-close-flagship-store-in-san-francisco-n743026

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2023, 10:27:01 AM »
Video shows hellish conditions in migrant camp at California border with migrants huddled under trash bags
New York Post ^
Posted on 5/12/2023, 12:45:53 PM by nickcarraway

Troubling new images reveal the hellish conditions of a makeshift camp on the California side of the US-Mexico border, where migrants and their kids huddled in garbage bags, begging for food.

The trash-strewn encampment — which popped up between a primary and secondary border wall in San Ysidro, hastily arranged by Border Patrol — is filled with people who were hoping to take advantage of the Biden administration’s end to the pandemic-era Title 42 and gain legal entry into the US.

Since that expired and has been replaced with tougher new measures, their future became uncertain. Video shot by a migrant for The Post just at 10pm Western time Thursday — an hour after the health-based regulation expired — showed scores of people huddled under black trash bags and tarps which they had attached along the bottom of the razor-wire-topped border wall.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: May 12, 2023, 10:59:24 AM »
mments.

Reporter sets out to debunk San Francisco horror stories, is slapped with sickening dose of reality instead
American Wire ^ | May 12, 2023 | Melissa Fine
Posted on 5/12/2023, 1:50:43 PM by grimalkin

If you aren’t familiar with San Francisco, it’s almost impossible to know how far the once-beautiful city has fallen or how bad a mark the homeless, drug, and crime trifecta has trashed its iconic streets.

New York reporter Elizabeth Weil wanted to dispel some of the horrible myths about San Francisco for her Curbed.com story, but, much to her dismay, she found those stories are far from “fake news.”

“When I set out reporting, I wanted to write a debunking-the-doom piece myself,” Weil writes. “Yet to live in San Francisco right now, to watch its streets, is to realize that no one will catch you if you fall.”

Weil notes the many vacant offices in the city and cites an article from the San Francisco Chronicle titled, “Cities Are Struggling. San Francisco Could Be in the Biggest ‘Doom Loop’ of All.”

“The phrase ‘doom loop’ was recently repopularized by Arpit Gupta, a finance professor at NYU, in a paper he wrote last year with two Columbia B-school professors called ‘Work From Home and the Office Real Estate Apocalypse,’ about the consequences for American downtowns of workers remaining remote,” she explains.

Applied to San Francisco, the “doom-loopy vision” the Chronicle article painted for the downtown area “was not pretty,” Weil says.

“Workers don’t return, offices remain empty, restaurants shutter, transit agencies go bankrupt, tax bases plummet, public services disappear,” she writes. “According to research from the University of Toronto, cell-phone activity in downtown SF is 32 percent of pre-pandemic levels. That number is 75 percent in New York.”

Five days after the “Doom Loop” article came out, Cash App founder Bob Lee was murdered.

“Immediately people invested in the doom-loop narrative started mouthing off,” Weil writes. “‘You know, where he was killed used to be a good part of San Francisco,’ Lee’s friend Jake Shields told me, as he told anybody who would listen in those first few days.”

Shields, like “everyone with brains” had left San Francisco, Weil reveals:

Never mind the fact that violent crime rates in San Francisco were pretty low, lower than in most American cities of comparable size, lower than in San Francisco in years past. SF was a cesspool! — that was the doomers’ argument. City leaders, along with the rest of the populace, were “too compassionate, like so compassionate that they do not care.”

“The result, according to Shields, was not just an office apocalypse,” says Weil. “It was unmitigated, spiraling, homicidal doom.”

“You can do whatever you want. You can sh*t in the streets,” Shields said. “The logical next step is to start killing people.”

The reporter recounts run-ins with drunks, drug addicts, and the security guards who are forced to deal with them.

“On Market, near 6th, a security guard stood in front of Blick art supply,” she writes. “He’d just ejected a man who had been smoking fentanyl inside the store, a man his bosses suggested he should refer to as ‘an unhoused guest.'”

“In the first three months of 2023,” according to Weil, “200 San Franciscans OD’ed, up 41 percent from last year.”

One security guard likened the state of San Francisco to the “feral ghouls” found in a video game.

“It’s like a wasteland,” the guard said. “It’s like the only way to describe it. It’s like a video game — like made-up sh*t.”

“Have you ever played Fallout?” he asked. “There’s this thing in the game called feral ghouls, and they’re like rotted. They’re like zombies. I go home and play with my wife, and we’re like, ‘Ah, hahahaha, this is SF.'”

Laughing at “rotted” fellow humans?

“There’s only so much pain a person can take before you disintegrate, grow paranoid, or turn numb,” Weil notes.

The guard continued to text her following their meeting, she writes, asking, among other things, “Did I know that some of the street addicts were rotting, literally: their decomposing flesh attracting flies.”

She points to Governor Gavin Newsom’s recent trip to the Tenderloin, ground zero for the city’s fentanyl crisis. Following his brisk walk through the devastation, the progressive politician called out the National Guard.

“Almost certainly it was a political stunt,” Weil writes. “But did it even matter? Something needed to change.”

“A poll from the controller’s office found that San Franciscans felt less safe in the city than we had in 27 years,” she continues. “And of course we did. Everywhere you looked, you saw it billboarded: The social contract had ruptured, and we’d ceased to believe we could fix it. The city often seemed to operate like an incompetent parent, confusing compassion and permissiveness, unable to maintain boundaries, producing the exact opposite result of what it claimed to want.”

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #222 on: May 12, 2023, 11:17:19 AM »
mments.

Reporter sets out to debunk San Francisco horror stories, is slapped with sickening dose of reality instead
American Wire ^ | May 12, 2023 | Melissa Fine
Posted on 5/12/2023, 1:50:43 PM by grimalkin

If you aren’t familiar with San Francisco, it’s almost impossible to know how far the once-beautiful city has fallen or how bad a mark the homeless, drug, and crime trifecta has trashed its iconic streets.

New York reporter Elizabeth Weil wanted to dispel some of the horrible myths about San Francisco for her Curbed.com story, but, much to her dismay, she found those stories are far from “fake news.”

“When I set out reporting, I wanted to write a debunking-the-doom piece myself,” Weil writes. “Yet to live in San Francisco right now, to watch its streets, is to realize that no one will catch you if you fall.”

Weil notes the many vacant offices in the city and cites an article from the San Francisco Chronicle titled, “Cities Are Struggling. San Francisco Could Be in the Biggest ‘Doom Loop’ of All.”

“The phrase ‘doom loop’ was recently repopularized by Arpit Gupta, a finance professor at NYU, in a paper he wrote last year with two Columbia B-school professors called ‘Work From Home and the Office Real Estate Apocalypse,’ about the consequences for American downtowns of workers remaining remote,” she explains.

Applied to San Francisco, the “doom-loopy vision” the Chronicle article painted for the downtown area “was not pretty,” Weil says.

“Workers don’t return, offices remain empty, restaurants shutter, transit agencies go bankrupt, tax bases plummet, public services disappear,” she writes. “According to research from the University of Toronto, cell-phone activity in downtown SF is 32 percent of pre-pandemic levels. That number is 75 percent in New York.”

Five days after the “Doom Loop” article came out, Cash App founder Bob Lee was murdered.

“Immediately people invested in the doom-loop narrative started mouthing off,” Weil writes. “‘You know, where he was killed used to be a good part of San Francisco,’ Lee’s friend Jake Shields told me, as he told anybody who would listen in those first few days.”

Shields, like “everyone with brains” had left San Francisco, Weil reveals:

Never mind the fact that violent crime rates in San Francisco were pretty low, lower than in most American cities of comparable size, lower than in San Francisco in years past. SF was a cesspool! — that was the doomers’ argument. City leaders, along with the rest of the populace, were “too compassionate, like so compassionate that they do not care.”

“The result, according to Shields, was not just an office apocalypse,” says Weil. “It was unmitigated, spiraling, homicidal doom.”

“You can do whatever you want. You can sh*t in the streets,” Shields said. “The logical next step is to start killing people.”

The reporter recounts run-ins with drunks, drug addicts, and the security guards who are forced to deal with them.

“On Market, near 6th, a security guard stood in front of Blick art supply,” she writes. “He’d just ejected a man who had been smoking fentanyl inside the store, a man his bosses suggested he should refer to as ‘an unhoused guest.'”

“In the first three months of 2023,” according to Weil, “200 San Franciscans OD’ed, up 41 percent from last year.”

One security guard likened the state of San Francisco to the “feral ghouls” found in a video game.

“It’s like a wasteland,” the guard said. “It’s like the only way to describe it. It’s like a video game — like made-up sh*t.”

“Have you ever played Fallout?” he asked. “There’s this thing in the game called feral ghouls, and they’re like rotted. They’re like zombies. I go home and play with my wife, and we’re like, ‘Ah, hahahaha, this is SF.'”

Laughing at “rotted” fellow humans?

“There’s only so much pain a person can take before you disintegrate, grow paranoid, or turn numb,” Weil notes.

The guard continued to text her following their meeting, she writes, asking, among other things, “Did I know that some of the street addicts were rotting, literally: their decomposing flesh attracting flies.”

She points to Governor Gavin Newsom’s recent trip to the Tenderloin, ground zero for the city’s fentanyl crisis. Following his brisk walk through the devastation, the progressive politician called out the National Guard.

“Almost certainly it was a political stunt,” Weil writes. “But did it even matter? Something needed to change.”

“A poll from the controller’s office found that San Franciscans felt less safe in the city than we had in 27 years,” she continues. “And of course we did. Everywhere you looked, you saw it billboarded: The social contract had ruptured, and we’d ceased to believe we could fix it. The city often seemed to operate like an incompetent parent, confusing compassion and permissiveness, unable to maintain boundaries, producing the exact opposite result of what it claimed to want.”

Well I'm sure it's all Donald's fault !!

What does surprise me is That The Brilliant White Knight Pedo Pant shitter Joe
& his amazing team haven't solved all those issues yet.  ::)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: May 12, 2023, 03:15:24 PM »
Well I'm sure it's all Donald's fault !!

What does surprise me is That The Brilliant White Knight Pedo Pant shitter Joe
& his amazing team haven't solved all those issues yet.  ::)

This is one thing that is likely not Donald's fault. The problems San Francisco is faced with is more the fault of local and state government. Just as is the case with most big cities with problems in the U.S. including Portland, OR.

S.F. has been slow to spend hundreds of millions for homelessness. Here’s why:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sf/article/sf-homeless-crisis-unspent-funds-housing-17843541.php

Speaking of Portland, Nordstrom is not closing its store in downtown Portland. When I read this, I was frankly surprised because I thought they planned to close it. They did close their store in Clackamas Town Center, an eastside Portland shopping mall. On the other hand, REI is closing their Portland store located in the Pearl district next year supposedly because of an increase in crime and theft.

Interesting how shopping habits change over time. There is a growing trend to return to the small-town shopping outside shopping prototype. Bridgeport Village in Lake Oswego is a good example of a current trend in retail shopping. Back in the day, shopping malls where the bomb, now a lot of them all over the country are having difficulty getting tenants and staying open. You might find this article interesting, The Pandemic has left a huge impact on mall foot traffic, but you’ll need to sift through the data to see the full picture. https://www.resonai.com/blog/mall-foot-traffic.

Bridgeport Village... a Disneyland like fake small-town environment which some folks suffering from enochlophobia and mild claustrophobia, like me, find easier to navigate.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #224 on: May 16, 2023, 07:04:12 PM »
https://californiaglobe.com/articles/california-legislature-proposing-unemployment-benefits-for-illegal-immigrants/

California Legislature Proposing Unemployment Benefits For Illegal Immigrants
‘Excluded workers’ who are not eligible for regular state or federal unemployment insurance benefits due to their immigration status

By Katy Grimes, May 16, 2023 4:06 pm

The California Legislature is proposing a program to provide unemployment benefits to illegal immigrants coming to and residing in the state.

Senate Bill 277 by State Senator Maria Elena Durazo (D-Los Angeles) proposes income assistance to unemployed “excluded workers” who are not eligible for regular state or federal unemployment insurance benefits due to their immigration status.

Perhaps even more horrifying, this program would be administered by the Employment Development Department and implemented upon appropriation by the Legislature of sufficient funds to carry it out.

Currently, the state’s employers pay for unemployment insurance.

This is the same EDD the massive fraud was perpetrated against during the pandemic. “The current estimate is that the EDD lost about $40 billion to illegitimate claimants, including prisoners (and not just from California prisons), garden variety local scammers, and international fraud rings, all of whom simply walked right into the department’s completely unprotected system,” the Globe reported.