Author Topic: seems every BB in the 80s to early 90s....  (Read 4291 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
seems every BB in the 80s to early 90s....
« on: December 24, 2022, 07:17:11 AM »
followed a very low fat rather high carb and moderate protien diet

discuss.....

FYI, that's when the best looking bodies were in exsistance, coincedince? me thinks not

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Re: seems every BB in the 80s to early 90s....
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 07:59:20 PM »
Not really.

A lot of them were low carb, mod fat, high protein bros.

At least that's what i've read over the years.

I've always looked my best (leanest) on low carbs.

lamarclark09

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 03:51:17 AM »
Yeah, it might be true they followed the low carbs protein diet. Sometimes a low carbs https://www.elitesports.com/blogs/news/why-do-you-need-carbs-as-an-active-bjj-athlete diet proved better than a high carbs diet. I considered carbs the best source of enhancing your strength, and also increased the abilities to become more efficient.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2024, 11:32:25 AM »

discuss.....

FYI, that's when the best looking bodies were in exsistance, coincedince? me thinks not

They existed on massive amounts of steroids and sperm.
Y

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2024, 12:31:04 PM »
wrong again.  Smh.  They followed a regular diet until cutting for a contest. Then they dropped the carbs basically ate meat and eggs fish chicken etc and drank water. When you eat this way you burn mostly fat. Then they carb up for a show. They took breaks on their steroids during the year and didn't use insulin until later ( belknap did. he was a diabetic and he got methead to try it too ( thats why he had the fat gut and said he ate carbs while dieting) The guys back then kind of relished in the dieting. It was hard, it was tuff but that's what they liked. As Arnold would say if you can't go through the pain barrier you won't be a champion.  so that showed how strong ( mentally ) you were.  All this high carb bullcrap is because they won't give up insulin. PERIOD.  And NO you do not need carbs. Ever look at the food and drug guidlines?  Do they ever list how many carbs a person needs? NOO. Because we do not need them and the little bit the brain requires it makes them out of protein.

AUSE THEY WONT GIVE UP INSULIN.

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2024, 08:52:30 PM »

discuss.....

Not true. I trained with many pro's in the late 70s and 80s. And knew many. They were all very low carb. High protein and moderate fats. When getting ready for an appearance or show. The high carb days started to appear when insulin appeared.

I trained with many but the best was when Rory Liedermeyer trained me. I still have his diet for me from 1981 if you want me to send it to you. 

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 02:47:09 AM »
Not true. I trained with many pro's in the late 70s and 80s. And knew many. They were all very low carb. High protein and moderate fats. When getting ready for an appearance or show. The high carb days started to appear when insulin appeared.

I trained with many but the best was when Rory Liedermeyer trained me. I still have his diet for me from 1981 if you want me to send it to you.

yeah bro, pm it to me :)