Author Topic: Trump and lawyer sanctioned almost $1 million for ‘frivolous’ lawsuit  (Read 998 times)

Wayne Tracker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!

Trump and lawyer sanctioned almost $1 million for ‘frivolous’ lawsuit against Hillary Clinton

A federal judge on Thursday imposed nearly $1 million in sanctions on former President Donald Trump and his lawyer for filing a since-dismissed “frivolous” lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and many others, which had claimed they tried to rig the 2016 presidential election in her favor by smearing Trump.

“We are confronted with a lawsuit that should never have been filed, which was completely frivolous, both factually and legally, and which was brought in bad faith for an improper purpose,” wrote Judge John Middlebrooks in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida in his order sanctioning Trump and his attorney Alina Habba.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/20/trump-and-lawyers-sanctioned-almost-1-million-for-frivolous-lawsuit-against-hillary-clinton.html

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
This is why he withdrew the lawsuit against New York Attorney General Letitia James.   Because it was total bullshit too and he knew they were going to spank his ass over it. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Nothing to see here …. ::)

This is another reason why said you’re too stupid (and liberals in general) to put the pieces together

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
This is why he withdrew the lawsuit against New York Attorney General Letitia James.   Because it was total bullshit too and he knew they were going to spank his ass over it.

She ran for the sole purpose “to get Donald Trump” she’s a hack

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
She ran for the sole purpose “to get Donald Trump” she’s a hack

Pretty sure the courts will require more evidence than why she ran.   ::)

I know in that fractured little brain of yours, nothing else is needed but thank god reality is quite different.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Pretty sure the courts will require more evidence than why she ran.   ::)

I know in that fractured little brain of yours, nothing else is needed but thank god reality is quite different.

Yeah, not those courts.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Yeah, not those courts.

Yeah.  Those courts.  The federal courts.  The real ones.  The ones where facts and evidence actually count for something.  Not the delusional ones in your little head.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Nothing to see here …. ::)

This is another reason why said you’re too stupid (and liberals in general) to put the pieces together

There is nothing to see here, for those who chose not to look.  ;)

I  read about this, this morning. It is hysterical if not sad. Since it is unlikely Trump will pay whatever the attorney's part of the fine is, it might serve as a 'heads up' for other attorney's he tries to hire for future frivolous lawsuits, of which I imagine there will be  main if his judicious history is a predictor of the future.

Here is a snapshot of Trump's lawsuits and their outcomes since over the past several decades:

“From the mid-1980s through early 2016, Donald Trump and his businesses were involved in 3,500 legal cases in U.S. federal and state courts...

(In 2016, USA Today published an analysis of this litigation.) Of the 3,500 suits, Trump or one of his companies were plaintiffs in 1,900; defendants in 1,450; and bankruptcy, third party, or other in 150. Trump was named in at least 169 suits in federal court. Over 150 other cases were in the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida (covering Broward County, Florida) since 1983. In the 1,300 cases where the record establishes the outcome, Trump settled 175 times, lost 38, won 450, and had another 137 cases end with some other outcome. In the other 500 cases, judges dismissed plaintiffs' claims against Trump.”

The Washington Post December 14, 2020
“At least nine Trump appointed judges or Supreme Court short-listers declined to bolster his claims of election fraud. None have ruled in his favor.”

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
To be fair, a few of Trump’s judicial appointments have been to his benefit.
“But Judge Aileen Cannon’s ruling is just one of a flurry of controversial decisions by Trump judges in recent months that have been criticized as out of step with longstanding legal principles.
Among the provocative decisions from Trump-appointed judges:

•   A Trump appointee in Arkansas ruled in February that the Voting Rights Act can’t be enforced by private individuals or groups, despite more than five decades of such litigation.

•   In May, another Trump appointee in Florida canceled scheduled arguments in a challenge to the federal mandate for mask use in transportation, then rushed out a decision striking down the requirement just days before it was set to expire.

•   Also in May, a Trump-appointed federal judge in Texas blocked the Biden administration from lifting pandemic-related immigration restrictions Trump imposed in 2020.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/12/trump-judges-mar-a-lago-courts-00056071

Update:

A federal judge Monday tossed Donald Trump's lawsuit challenging the FBI's Mar-a-Lago search.

Aileen Cannon, the judge, said she dismissed the case over a "lack of jurisdiction."

The ruling came after an appeals court overturned her decision to grant Trump a special master.

Update: Like she had a choice.  ;)

A panel of three Republican-appointed judges wrote 21 pages to dismantle U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon’s rationale for backing Trump.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Maybe you missed the part that the judge that awarded Hillary Clinton was appointed by her husband.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Maybe you missed the part that the judge that awarded Hillary Clinton was appointed by her husband.

Nope, I did not miss it. Maybe you missed the point that all Presidents appoint judges, not just Bill Clinton. Sometimes this appears to influence how these judges’ rule and sometimes it does not. When a judge is doing their job correctly and following the law, who appointed them makes no difference. When a judge fails to comply with the law such as was the case with U.S. District Court Judge Aileen Cannon their rulings are overturned.   

After the 2020 United States presidential election, the campaign for Donald Trump and others filed and lost at least 63 lawsuits contesting election processes, vote counting, and the vote certification process in multiple states, including Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. Among the judges who dismissed the lawsuits were some appointed by Trump himself.

BTW, Trump's attorneys named many more folks than Hilary Clinton. It names dozens of people and entities as defendants, including Clinton, the DNC, ex-Clinton aide John Podesta, the law firm Perkins Coie, research firm Fusion GPS, ex-Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook, and others.

In total Clinton appointed 378 Article III federal judges, including two justices to the Supreme Court of the United States, 66 judges to the United States Courts of Appeals, 305 judges to the United States district courts and 5 judges to the United States Court of International Trade. Clinton's total of 378 judicial appointments is the second most in American history behind Ronald Reagan, and his 305 district court judges is a record.

Here is a list of Presidents and the number of judges they appointed. Keep in mind that while Clinton appointed more than Trump,  he did so over the course of 2 terms of office. Had Trump been elected for a second term he potentially could have exceeded the number of judges appointed by Clinton.

I am sorry to have to remind you of this Coach, but it is clearly you who has a selective memory which filters out anything not in line with your preconceived notions.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

Maybe you missed the part where those judges appointed by Trump also slapped him down.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
I had to stop right here because this falls under, once again, intellectual stupidity to think you actually believe that most of our judicial judges appointed by a Democrat won’t get preferential treatment because they’re owed. Why do think the left wants to stack the SCOTUS with leftist judges?

Same in the judicial system’s in general. In 2020 when I asked Tommy Hicks why aren’t the SCOTUS looked at the evidence and throwing out the cases his words were “if this was in bumfuck North Dakota it would have been a slam dunk, but since this is DC, they don’t do anything” 95% of DC are Democrats, Dem DA, Dem judges, Dem juries.

You post your graphs, articles, etc about the way it SHOULD be when it rarely is. That being said, all of your cut and pastes, graphs and rhetoric because you’re disconnected from reality most of the time isn’t what it is, especially when it comes to Trump. Do you really think those J6 political prisoners are getting fair trials? Lol

“When a judge is doing their job correctly and following the law, who appointed them makes no difference. When a judge fails to comply with the law such as was the case with U.S. District Court Judge Aileen Cannon their rulings are overturned”

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
I had to stop right here because this falls under, once again, intellectual stupidity to think you actually believe that most of our judicial judges appointed by a Democrat won’t get preferential treatment because they’re owed. Why do think the left wants to stack the SCOTUS with leftist judges?

Same in the judicial system’s in general. In 2020 when I asked Tommy Hicks why aren’t the SCOTUS looked at the evidence and throwing out the cases his words were “if this was in bumfuck North Dakota it would have been a slam dunk, but since this is DC, they don’t do anything” 95% of DC are Democrats, Dem DA, Dem judges, Dem juries.

You post your graphs, articles, etc about the way it SHOULD be when it rarely is. That being said, all of your cut and pastes, graphs and rhetoric because you’re disconnected from reality most of the time isn’t what it is, especially when it comes to Trump. Do you really think those J6 political prisoners are getting fair trials? Lol

“When a judge is doing their job correctly and following the law, who appointed them makes no difference. When a judge fails to comply with the law such as was the case with U.S. District Court Judge Aileen Cannon their rulings are overturned”

You post your graphs, articles, etc about the way it SHOULD when it rarely is. That being said, all of your cut and pastes, graphs and rhetoric because you’re disconnected from reality most of the time isn’t what it is, especially when it comes to Trump. Do you really think those J6 political prisoners are getting fair trials? Lol

Did you forget that currently the U.S. Supreme Court has more 'conservative' than 'liberal' judges? As of June 30, 2022, of the 9 justices of the Supreme Court, 6 were appointed by a Republican president, and 3 were appointed by a Democratic president.

Sorry, you have a dislike for cut and paste (although you do your share of it). However, sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. I believe I am more consistent at post links to my sources than you are. Also, I read the whole article and not just the headline, so my cut and pastes tend to be less sensational.

Speaking of cut and paste, below is a map of the U.S. showing the number of conservative verses liberal leaning circuit courts. Use this link for a more detailed interactive map. http://visualfa.org/circuit-court-map/

The United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, which has eight judges appointed by Democratic presidents, nine judges chosen by Republicans, including three Trump appointees, and one vacancy.

It has been stated that the judges appointed by Republican presidents have shown no more sympathy to the January 6th defendants. Judges Dabney Friedrich and Tim Kelly, both appointed by Donald Trump, have rejected arguments by two members of the Proud Boys that the vote certification was not an “official proceeding” covered by the felony obstruction statute. Judge Trevor McFadden, also a Trump appointee, lectured another defendant: “You participated in a shameful event, a national embarrassment.” And Judge Reggie Walton, a George W. Bush appointee, scolded another: “You’ve disgraced this country in the eyes of the world, and I find it outrageous that American citizens would act as you did. My inclination would be to lock you up, but since the government isn’t asking me to do it … I won’t.”

The January 6th cases are being handled by 12 judges from the D.C. District Court. Coach do us both a favor, if you can locate a full list of the names of these judges, let me know. I have been unsuccessful. I suspect their names are intentionally difficult to find since there has apparently been threats on their and their families' lives. Anyway, it would be interesting to know how many of them were appointed by Democratic Presidents verses Republican Presidents.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Damn pesky facts.  Gotta crank those delusions up to 11 to overcome them.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Did you forget that currently the U.S. Supreme Court has more 'conservative' than 'liberal' judges? As of June 30, 2022, of the 9 justices of the Supreme Court, 6 were appointed by a Republican president, and 3 were appointed by a Democratic president.

Sorry, you have a dislike for cut and paste (although you do your share of it). However, sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. I believe I am more consistent at post links to my sources than you are. Also, I read the whole article and not just the headline, so my cut and pastes tend to be less sensational.

Speaking of cut and paste, below is a map of the U.S. showing the number of conservative verses liberal leaning circuit courts. Use this link for a more detailed interactive map. http://visualfa.org/circuit-court-map/

The United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, which has eight judges appointed by Democratic presidents, nine judges chosen by Republicans, including three Trump appointees, and one vacancy.

It has been stated that the judges appointed by Republican presidents have shown no more sympathy to the January 6th defendants. Judges Dabney Friedrich and Tim Kelly, both appointed by Donald Trump, have rejected arguments by two members of the Proud Boys that the vote certification was not an “official proceeding” covered by the felony obstruction statute. Judge Trevor McFadden, also a Trump appointee, lectured another defendant: “You participated in a shameful event, a national embarrassment.” And Judge Reggie Walton, a George W. Bush appointee, scolded another: “You’ve disgraced this country in the eyes of the world, and I find it outrageous that American citizens would act as you did. My inclination would be to lock you up, but since the government isn’t asking me to do it … I won’t.”

The January 6th cases are being handled by 12 judges from the D.C. District Court. Coach do us both a favor, if you can locate a full list of the names of these judges, let me know. I have been unsuccessful. I suspect their names are intentionally difficult to find since there has apparently been threats on their and their families' lives. Anyway, it would be interesting to know how many of them were appointed by Democratic Presidents verses Republican Presidents.

I was giving an example of how the left wants to pack the courts. We know SCOTUS is mostly conservative with one recently black female appointed for the sole reason she’s a black female with a background of blatant racism (not made up like they tried to do with Kavanugh) but got confirmed anyway.

And no, you can find them yourselves. Are you saying that Trump and Trump supporters who being tried that were not even there or not IN the Capitol yet being held for 2 years without due process, with a trial being held in Maximum security for a fucking misdemeanor trespassing charge will get fair trials? These are political prisoners, Junior

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
"Political prisoners"...hahahahaha   well they DID commit political crimes with attempting to interfere with the transfer of power.

:D