Author Topic: E. Jean Carroll  (Read 1810 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: E. Jean Carroll
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2024, 03:00:26 AM »
I'll bet that persuasive argument changed lots of minds around here.  Keep em coming.   ;D

Well, I'm changing MY vote now.
Y

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2024, 05:03:25 PM »
Motion for mistrial = denied.

Whoop Whoop.  Better get those funds into escrow for the appeal.

Write those checks faster you red hat morons.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2024, 12:41:49 PM »
Police took possession of E. Jean Carroll's unregistered gun after her testimony in Trump defamation trial

Police in New York took possession of a gun belonging to writer E. Jean Carroll in February after she said during testimony in her defamation lawsuit against former President Donald Trump that she had an unlicensed firearm at home, according to a police report obtained by NBC News.

The chief of police in Warwick, New York, visited Carroll at her home on Feb. 15 “to discuss some open issues,” the report states, including Carroll’s disclosure of the handgun while she was on the witness stand Jan. 17.

During the second day of the civil trial, Carroll had told the federal court in lower Manhattan that she kept a “high standard revolver, nine chambers” at home with ammunition. “By my bed,” she said.

“I still do not have a license,” Carroll added.

John Rader, the reporting officer, said in his report that he “offered to secure the weapon at the police station’s property for safekeeping.”

Carroll and a member of her security team surrendered the gun a day after Rader visited, and the firearm was being held until Carroll receives a New York pistol license, the report said.

Under New York state law, a person can be found guilty of criminal possession if they possess a firearm, such as a pistol, that has not been registered. The felony carries a maximum sentence of four years.

It was unclear why police waited almost a month to inquire in person about the unregistered gun Carroll said she had at her house or whether police are still in possession of it.

Carroll’s gun became a contentious topic under cross-examination in the January hearing, as Trump attorney Alina Habba pressed Carroll on her gun ownership and whether she knew she needed a license for it.

The judge presiding over the case, U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan, appeared outwardly frustrated over the line of questioning by Habba.

“Don’t even start,” told her when she began asking Carroll about the firearm.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/e-jean-carrolls-gun-was-taken-police-trump-trial-testimony-rcna147673

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2024, 10:39:58 PM »
Police took possession of E. Jean Carroll's unregistered gun after her testimony in Trump defamation trial

Police in New York took possession of a gun belonging to writer E. Jean Carroll in February after she said during testimony in her defamation lawsuit against former President Donald Trump that she had an unlicensed firearm at home, according to a police report obtained by NBC News.

The chief of police in Warwick, New York, visited Carroll at her home on Feb. 15 “to discuss some open issues,” the report states, including Carroll’s disclosure of the handgun while she was on the witness stand Jan. 17.

During the second day of the civil trial, Carroll had told the federal court in lower Manhattan that she kept a “high standard revolver, nine chambers” at home with ammunition. “By my bed,” she said.

“I still do not have a license,” Carroll added.

John Rader, the reporting officer, said in his report that he “offered to secure the weapon at the police station’s property for safekeeping.”

Carroll and a member of her security team surrendered the gun a day after Rader visited, and the firearm was being held until Carroll receives a New York pistol license, the report said.

Under New York state law, a person can be found guilty of criminal possession if they possess a firearm, such as a pistol, that has not been registered. The felony carries a maximum sentence of four years.

It was unclear why police waited almost a month to inquire in person about the unregistered gun Carroll said she had at her house or whether police are still in possession of it.

Carroll’s gun became a contentious topic under cross-examination in the January hearing, as Trump attorney Alina Habba pressed Carroll on her gun ownership and whether she knew she needed a license for it.

The judge presiding over the case, U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan, appeared outwardly frustrated over the line of questioning by Habba.

“Don’t even start,” told her when she began asking Carroll about the firearm.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/e-jean-carrolls-gun-was-taken-police-trump-trial-testimony-rcna147673

Waiting for the 2nd amendment brigade to chime in

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2024, 04:55:32 PM »
E. Jean Carroll laughingly tells Rachel Maddow how she’s going to spend Trump's money to help "women's rights."   

"You and I are going to go shopping! We’re going to get completely new wardrobes! What do you want? A penthouse? It’s yours Rachel!"

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1752166088849150106

If E. Jean Carroll is not careful, she will blow the $83 million before she knows it. :) While this case is under appeal, it puts any tax issues on hold for both E. Jean Carroll and Donald Trump. If Trump loses the appeal, he may be able to take the payment as a business deduction on his taxes. E. Jean Carroll will have to pay taxes on the award. Hopefully, she plans to put aside whatever taxes she ends up paying to the IRS.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2024, 06:38:40 AM »
Waiting for the 2nd amendment brigade to chime in

Hahahahahahaha