Author Topic: .  (Read 24420 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: Garraeth
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »
Lower your calories more instead of going overboard on cardio.  Doing cardio twice a day isn't practical. 

Post your current diet Garreath.
  mcdonalds
             burger king
              wendys
              white castle
             pizza hut

taco bell

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2006, 12:03:31 PM »
Don`t waste your time right now with cardio...If you diet right you will not even have to do it.

Plus, if you do too much cardio now you will jsut burn out and get discouraged...You should be able to lose a good 50-60 lbs on diet alone.

Cardio is NOT going to make this process any faster.  Eat less.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2006, 12:04:36 PM »
Don`t waste your time right now with cardio...If you diet right you will not even have to do it.

Plus, if you do too much cardio now you will jsut burn out and get discouraged...You should be able to lose a good 50-60 lbs on diet alone.

Cardio is NOT going to make this process any faster.  Eat less.

sooooooooooooooooooooo  cardio doesn't burn fat!?!?!??!?!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 12:05:44 PM »

two way street. Eat more, do more cardio. Cut calories more, do less/no cardio.
$

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2006, 12:31:07 PM »

You cannot rush fat loss.

A simple calorie reduction will induce major fat loss. Adding cardio on top of reduced caloric intake will not produce any greater result.  It will result in time wasted and motivation drained because he looks like the type that does not like Cardio.

I love Cardio but realize that I never have to do it.  Nobody does really if you get the diet down.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2006, 12:32:48 PM »
With that said,

Adding Cardio will also not cause muscle loss, as long as he is weight training in the same manner.

It just will not be beneficial at this point at all because he has a lot of fat to purge.  Cardio will just be a waste of time and will not produce a faster result.

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2006, 12:34:01 PM »
  mcdonalds
            &guy king
              wendys
              white castle
             pizza hut

taco bell

looks like Mike is finally enjoying the offseason ;D
i

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2006, 12:34:14 PM »
With that said,

Adding Cardio will also not cause muscle loss, as long as he is weight training in the same manner.

It just will not be beneficial at this point at all because he has a lot of fat to purge.  Cardio will just be a waste of time and will not produce a faster result.
  lol...................it couldn't hurt

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2006, 12:37:30 PM »
this winter i'm not going to hibernate under a layer of blubber.  i'm done getting fat, it sux trying to get it off with diet/cardio.  maybe if i don't blow up like the michelin man, i'll be able to get lean with little or no cardio as well.  worth a shot anyways...
i

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2006, 01:01:46 PM »
K...no drugs. And, yup...like I said, been doing it w/ just cardio and food the past 3 months anyhow.

I did, however, try those drugs over the years (which is how I know how they make me feel). Just never kept on them for any extended periods of time...except EAC, but only pre-workout for energy.

Maybe I'll up the cardio -- 30 min instead of 20. Cardio is boring as hell.

If I were you, I'd look into different short HIIT (High intensity interval training) types of cardio.

Here's a suggested routine which you could do on its own in the mornings or on resting days (no need for an empty stomach really):

Use a bike or a recumbent bike, low resistance (approx a "2" out of "10").

Do ten intervals like this:

40 secs all out, 20 secs rest
Finished.

This will jack up your metabolism, it won't burn fat DURING the cardio (you know all this shit, I'm sure, sorry for stating the obvious), and your recovery and general wellness will improve.

I suggest doing this twice a week, preferably on days off, and regular low impact cardio, 15-45 minutes three times a week.

Just some ideas on how to keep on track.

Also, I know that there is some Dave Tate has written some articles on how to do cardio training Westside style, they're available on  T-mag.com I believe. It includes pulling a sleigh and a bit of Strongman style training from what I understand.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2006, 01:19:33 PM »
Wow, and I thought I looked bad.. :-[

Go on a diet dood..and lay off the drugs, its pointless right now, obviously.

unskinny

• Getbig II
  • Getbigtoo!
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2006, 03:57:31 PM »
Garraeth,
I think you are making a mistake by not using gear while dieting.  If you are in calorie-deficit, you WILL lose muscle.  Many on this board don't understand that to get big, you need to get "fat," to a certain degree.  I don't know of any competitor that doesn't diet down from being fat, which is when you need drugs more than ever to retain the muscle mass and be able to still push the heavy weight.  Good luck!
MikeMatarazzo.com

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2006, 03:58:21 PM »
absolutely brutal 16 inch arms and 48 inch waist.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2006, 04:01:06 PM »
Garraeth,
I think you are making a mistake by not using gear while dieting.  If you are in calorie-deficit, you WILL lose muscle.  Many on this board don't understand that to get big, you need to get "fat," to a certain degree.  I don't know of any competitor that doesn't diet down from being fat, which is when you need drugs more than ever to retain the muscle mass and be able to still push the heavy weight.  Good luck!

myth
$

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2006, 04:04:31 PM »
Whats been working for me, is keeping the Carbs under 100g a day, and eating REALLY, REALLY strict...Chicken, Fish (Salmon or tilapia), and lean ground beef...Salmon is higher in fat, but i make sure i dont have any carbs at all with it and have it early in the day or right after a workout..

Cardio is 40 minutes, almost every night...usually 4 nights, sometimes 5-6....

Mike, I dont know how you et in two cardio sessions a day, i think you work at a gym? I did this when i comepted and it worked great..problem is people with full time jobs prob cant do this...If he gets 40 min of cardio in at least 5 days a week and keeps his diet clean he will lose that gut in about 6 months.

To fight boredom, do like 15min / 15 min / 10 min on different machines..makes it go by faster...thats what i do.

goodluck.

And remember , you can do it! ONLY IF YOU TRULY WANT IT! DISCIPLINE, thats all it is!

And lay off the gear..seriously..pointle ss.

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2006, 04:15:47 PM »
Ha! I like this guy!! :) I think I'll ignore everything said so far (except Hedgehog and Rocket cuz I like Aphex Twin and HERACLES last post). You need to stop lurking and post more. We need more brains on this board, it's dying from asphyxiation by the witless.

It just never made sense to me to say that dieting didn't destroy muscle unless you were juicing. I mean, if Arvilla was truly natural while dieting (which I'm still not convinced he didn't use clen/t3/albuterol/eac/dnp or other stuff), he HAD to have lost a lot of muscle...there's just no way around it.

He didn`t lose it. Just didn`t have what you thought he did under that pile of fat.

Don`t get discouraged if that happens to you.
I Love The True Adon

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2006, 04:17:22 PM »
Garraeth, honest question. How much muscle do you think the natural human body can really hold. It's not that much
$

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2006, 04:23:50 PM »
Ha! I like this guy!! :) I think I'll ignore everything said so far (except Hedgehog and Rocket cuz I like Aphex Twin and HERACLES last post). You need to stop lurking and post more. We need more brains on this board, it's dying from asphyxiation by the witless.

It just never made sense to me to say that dieting didn't destroy muscle unless you were juicing. I mean, if Arvilla was truly natural while dieting (which I'm still not convinced he didn't use clen/t3/albuterol/eac/dnp or other stuff), he HAD to have lost a lot of muscle...there's just no way around it.

I think I saw somewhere that Arvilla started at 27% BF. He competed at approx 5%.

So without any muscle waste, his weight would've been 210 lbs when dieted down and ready.

There is always the possibility that Arvilla was up in the 30's with his BF, but he did have a caliper measurement done.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2006, 04:26:41 PM »
My pic, as promised...

Got 295lb @ 6'2" and 23-25%bf. Still dieting... ::)

Jamie4200X?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2006, 04:29:01 PM »
Garraeth, honest question. How much muscle do you think the natural human body can really hold. It's not that much

are you suggesting that Garraeth thinks he's carrying 285lbs. of muscle, Broad Street?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2006, 04:32:57 PM »
Well I just think a lot of guys, especially the taller ones let pride cloud them and think they are a super race of humans who somehow defeated evolution and can hold 240lbs of muscle clean and be cut up
$

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2006, 04:37:39 PM »
I had caliper done last week @ 25%bf. And 295lbs. So that's 73.75lbs fat. So at 5% I'd be approx: 236lbs. Loosing 59lbs.

236 lbs?

You ARE fucking delusional.

So you are telling me you are carrying more mass than the Great Arnold Schwarzenegger? 

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2006, 04:38:25 PM »
I had caliper done last week @ 25%bf. And 295lbs. So that's 73.75lbs fat. So at 5% I'd be approx: 236lbs. Loosing 59lbs.
  no offense G (i like you)

but i test peoples body fat everyday................ .........you are higher than 25%

in the 30's for sure

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2006, 04:41:58 PM »
  no offense G (i like you)

but i test peoples body fat everyday................ .........you are higher than 25%

in the 30's for sure

He has about 100 lbs to lose or so. The first 50 will be his test.

If he passes that, the next 50 may be doable.  I don`t think he has the mentality to realize that he is in fact obese and that he won`t be the size he thinks he is.

He is not yet capable of being honest with himself. 

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2006, 05:02:02 PM »
I agree with Adonis, you are obese or near it. You need to take the next 12 months and slowly lose fat. Remember the slower you lose fat the better chance your skin will shrink and not get that embarrassing loose skin look. Good luck.