Author Topic: Obama vs Romney  (Read 70361 times)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Obama vs Romney
« Reply #800 on: October 15, 2012, 07:17:56 AM »
Romney is evolving.  Democrats don't have a problem with their own "evolving".

I thought you didnt believe in evolution my christian friend ;)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #801 on: October 15, 2012, 07:20:32 AM »
I don't mind a politician changing his or her mind on something. I sure have in my lifetime.

However, Mitt Romney is giving no insight to his change and you know it. You can't change your position back and forth every few years.

You know it's a personal fault of his, whether or not you choose to admit it here.

G

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #802 on: October 15, 2012, 07:22:32 AM »
I don't mind a politician changing his or her mind on something. I sure have in my lifetime.

However, Mitt Romney is giving no insight to his change and you know it. You can't change your position back and forth every few years.

You know it's a personal fault of his, whether or not you choose to admit it here.

Every few years?

Try days sometimes hours with this guy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #803 on: October 15, 2012, 07:22:45 AM »

He does what he has to do for political survival.  He is a slimey politician, like the rest of them.  However, his business success is why people are willing to give him a chance vs the ever failing and flailing obama who can't tie his own shoes wo the aid of a teleprompter  

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #804 on: October 15, 2012, 07:23:34 AM »
Romney is evolving.

Hardly. Changing ones mind is normal, and expected over a lifetime. But that's not what Romney is doing. He's changing his mind back and forth all the time. In other words, he is just saying whatever it takes, to whomever he has to say it to get elected. Frankly, from where I stand, it seems that Romney would happily gargle your balls while getting fisted if it meant he'd get more votes. He's a typical politician.

Democrats don't have a problem with their own "evolving".

So when someone says "I find McDonald's fries to be too salty" do you reply with "Well, you obviously don't have a problem with Burger King's fries and they're salty too!" Well no asshole, I don't, since I don't fucking eat at Burger King. What the fuck kind of ridiculous logic is that?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #805 on: October 15, 2012, 07:24:05 AM »
PIERS MORGAN: I believe Mitt Romney might just save America
Daily Mail ^ | 10/15/2012 | Piers Morgan

Posted on Monday, October 15, 2012 10:12:15 AM by SeekAndFind

An extraordinary political earthquake struck America this week. Mitt Romney, widely assumed to be the ‘best of a weak bunch’ of Republican candidates, suddenly overtook Barack Obama in election polls.

Remarkably for someone with a reputation as Mr Dullard, it was his brilliant performance on October 3 at the first of three presidential debates, where he scored the biggest win ever over an oddly downcast Obama, that propelled him into the favourite’s chair.

Should Romney now win on November 6, America will not only have replaced its first black President with its first Mormon President.

It will also have elected the squeakiest-clean man ever to run for the presidency in any country in the world. Imagine for a moment an interview with a British politician that went as follows:

Q: Have you ever drunk alcohol?

A: No.

Q: Have you ever taken drugs?

Q: Have you ever had an affair?

Q: Have you ever smoked a cigarette?

A: No

Q: Do you ever use swear words?

Now imagine that politician was actually telling the truth. Short of Ann Widdecombe, I can’t think of a single MP in our illustrious nation’s history who would be able to answer ‘no’ to more than half these questions.

I’m fairly sure Boris Johnson, the man who might well be our Prime Minister one day, would rack up a resounding 100 per cent ‘yes’ rate.

But when I interviewed Romney for my CNN show, he proudly answered all those questions to me in the firm negative. He is a devout Mormon and takes his faith so seriously that he donates at least ten per cent of his income to the church every year – totalling tens of millions of dollars over the past two decades.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #806 on: October 15, 2012, 07:27:38 AM »
He does what he has to do for political survival.  He is a slimey politician, like the rest of them.  However, his business success is why people are willing to give him a chance vs the ever failing and flailing obama who can't tie his own shoes wo the aid of a teleprompter  

When running a company he made money for the stock holders and screwed everyone else.

Hmmh thats how Bush ran the nation actually.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #807 on: October 15, 2012, 07:29:35 AM »
When running a company he made money for the stock holders and screwed everyone else.

When running a company, the goal is to make money for the stockholders. I don't hold that against him.

Hmmh thats how Bush ran the nation actually.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #808 on: October 15, 2012, 07:31:59 AM »
Romney has one bachelor’s degree, one masters degree in finance, one juris Doctor and 5 honorary Ph.d’s while Obama surrenders his law license

http://www.teapartytribune.com/2012/10/15/romney-has-one-masters-degree-in-finance-one-juris-doctor-and-5-honorary-ph-ds-while-obama-surrenders-his-law-license

Can’t take very much more of this source:jsmineset.com

The other day we were having a conversation about Mitt Romney and the subject of his education came up. We found out that Mitt Romney holds a bachelor’s degree fromBrighamYoungUniversi ty, a juris Doctor from Harvard, and a masters of business administration also from Harvard. In addition Mitt Romney holds 5, yes FIVE, honorary Ph,d’s. What do we know about President Obama? He surrendered his law license in 2008 and all his educational transcripts are under seal so that no one can learn about who he is.

What’s a bachelor of arts?

“A Bachelor of Arts (B.A., BA, A.B., or AB), from the Latin artium baccalaureus, is a Bachelor’s degree awarded for anundergraduate course or program in either the liberal arts, the sciences, or both. Bachelor of Arts degree programs generally take three to four years depending on the country, academic institution, and specific majors or minors.” More…

What’s a juris doctor ?

“A J.D./M.B.A. is a dual degree program offered jointly by many law and business schools. The program generally lasts four years (saving one year over completing both degrees separately) and results in the candidate earning both a Juris Doctor degree and a Master of Business Administration degree. Many schools including Northwestern University,[1] Cornell University, Yale University, Columbia University,[2] and the University of Pennsylvania[3] have begun to offer three year programs (saving two years). Students may apply to the joint program before matriculating to either program, or after matriculating to either law school or business school.[4] Graduating J.D./M.B.A. students may choose to practice law, or enter the business world.

Some prominent law firms, like Goodwin Procter and Paul Hastings, give signing bonuses (e.g., $20k[5][6]) to incoming first-year associates who hold JD/MBA degrees. In fact, Goodwin Procter has launched a “JD/MBA initiative” to attract more JD/MBA applicants.“ more…

What’s a masters of business administration?

“The Master of Business Administration (MBA or M.B.A.) is a master’s degree in business administration, which attracts people from a wide range of academic disciplines. The MBA designation originated in the United States, emerging from the late 19th century as the country industrialized and companies sought out scientific approaches to management. The core courses in the MBA program are designed to introduce students to the various areas of business such as accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, operations management, etc. Students in MBA programs have the option of taking general business courses throughout the program or can select an area of concentration and focus approximately one-fourth of their studies in this subject.” More…

What are honorary Ph.d’s or doctorates?

“An honorary degreeor a degree honoris causa (Latin: “for the sake of the honor”) is an academic degree for which a university (or other degree-awarding institution) has waived the usual requirements, such as matriculation, residence, study, and the passing of examinations. The degree is typically a doctorate or, less commonly, a master’s degree, and may be awarded to someone who has no prior connection with the academic institution.

Usually the degree is conferred as a way of honoring a distinguished visitor’s contributions to a specific field, or to society in general. The university often derives benefits by association with the person in question.” more…

Using as a backdrop Mitt Romney’s amazing academic achievements, what do we know about Barack Obama’s academic achievements? A big zero since his first action as president was to sign an executive order to prevent anyone from finding out what he did in school. One of the few things we know is that he surrendered his law license in 2008 that cost a few hundred dollars per year to renew. Just like that he abandoned his license that took many years to realize.

“In addition, prior to June 5, 2012, the Obamas would have been required to pay an annual fee of $289(now $342), and take classes to satisfy the state’s Minimum Continuing Legal Education requirement, in order to keep their licenses active. Lawyers on retirement status, however, don’t have to pay an annual fee or take classes. And lawyers on inactive status also don’t have to take classes, but they do have to pay an annual fee of $105.” More…

What an amazing difference between Mitt Romney and President Obama. The differences are so stark and obvious. Is it any wonder Romney crushed Obama in the debates?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #809 on: October 15, 2012, 07:33:33 AM »
Hardly. Changing ones mind is normal, and expected over a lifetime. But that's not what Romney is doing. He's changing his mind back and forth all the time. In other words, he is just saying whatever it takes, to whomever he has to say it to get elected. Frankly, from where I stand, it seems that Romney would happily gargle your balls while getting fisted if it meant he'd get more votes. He's a typical politician.

So when someone says "I find McDonald's fries to be too salty" do you reply with "Well, you obviously don't have a problem with Burger King's fries and they're salty too!" Well no asshole, I don't, since I don't fucking eat at Burger King. What the fuck kind of ridiculous logic is that?

Good post

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #810 on: October 15, 2012, 07:34:25 AM »
When running a company, the goal is to make money for the stockholders. I don't hold that against him.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

I meant Bush only cared about the uber-rich and fucked everyone else.

It wasnt a 100% serious analogy ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #811 on: October 15, 2012, 07:36:11 AM »
I meant Bush only cared about the uber-rich and fucked everyone else.

It wasnt a 100% serious analogy ;)

STFU you stupid moron.   one of the reasons the lower income people pay no taxes is because bush expanded the EITC.

Bush also cut taxes for everyone who pays taxes. 

Fucking tool you are. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #812 on: October 15, 2012, 07:39:01 AM »
STFU you stupid moron.   one of the reasons the lower income people pay no taxes is because bush expanded the EITC.

Fucking tool you are. 

Try reading the second sentence in my post again jack-ass ;)

And please the Bush tax cuts was for the rich dont kid yourself

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #813 on: October 15, 2012, 08:05:56 AM »
He does what he has to do for political survival.  He is a slimey politician, like the rest of them.  However, his business success is why people are willing to give him a chance vs the ever failing and flailing obama who can't tie his own shoes wo the aid of a teleprompter 

In what ways did his business success benefit him as gov of mass?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #814 on: October 15, 2012, 08:24:26 AM »
In what ways did his business success benefit him as gov of mass?

UE was lower when he left, stated ended up in surplus and balance, etc 

Notice how Obama and his gang of communist choomers never attackr omney on his record? 

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #815 on: October 15, 2012, 08:37:42 AM »
UE was lower when he left, stated ended up in surplus and balance, etc 

Notice how Obama and his gang of communist choomers never attackr omney on his record? 

LOL @ communist. Spoken by someone who has absolutely no idea about what communism is.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #816 on: October 15, 2012, 08:42:54 AM »
Chuck Todd: With Strong Debate Tomorrow, Romney 'Could Win This Election'
 NewsBusters ^ | Mark Finkelstein

Posted on Monday, October 15, 2012 11:36:09 AM by governsleastgovernsbest

Last week, Chuck Todd came in for criticism at NewsBusters for sniffing off a Rasmussen poll favorable to Mitt Romney as "slop." But has yesterday's slop become today's sirloin for the NBC political director? Sure looks like it.

In a remarkable shift, on today's Morning Joe Todd stated that in recent days he has seen a "structural shift" in the polling data in Romney's favor. With a strong performance at tomorrow's townhall-style debate in which he connects with average Americans, Todd declared that Romney could "win this election" and "close out" President Obama, putting him in a hole too deep to recover from in the final debate.

View the video here.

(Excerpt) Read more at newsbusters.org ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #817 on: October 15, 2012, 12:51:59 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #818 on: October 15, 2012, 12:59:26 PM »
Swing States poll: Women push Romney into lead
 USA Today (link only) | October 15, 2012 | by Susan Page

Posted on Monday, October 15, 2012 3:42:10 PM

LINK ONLY PER FR POSTING RULES: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2012/10/15/swing-states-poll-women-voters-romney-obama/1634791

GO GET YOUR KLEENEX LIBS! 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #819 on: October 15, 2012, 01:12:54 PM »

Evolving?  Is that what "lying" and "pandering" is?

You just got shit on once again for opening your stupid mouth and showing us a gem of your wisdom like this.  Romney's magical underwear must create it's own oxygen in order for you to survive and post with your head that far up his ass.

"HEEHEEHEE"

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #820 on: October 15, 2012, 01:23:24 PM »
Try reading the second sentence in my post again jack-ass ;)

And please the Bush tax cuts was for the rich dont kid yourself

you seriously need to educate yourself on what is included in the bush tax cuts.  if and when they expire it affects both the rich and the middle class.  you've obviously  never bothered to actually find out what was in them.  

for instance, once the bush tax cuts expire forgiveness of debt income will be fully taxable.  who do you think that affects the most?  the rich?  no.  it affects mostly lower income and middle class families.  did you know this?  do you even care?

also why is it that libs like you don't think that the capital gains rate increase won't affect the middle class?  I'm a CPA and i prepare tax returns for a living. it affects them. do you think the middle class don't invest their money?   i could go on for 10 pages on exactly how these tax cuts affect people across the board.  it's beyond comprehension when i see these debates how neither candidate has any basic knowledge of tax policy.  Ryan was OK i'll give him that.  but i thought he was goign to impress me a little bit and i was sorely disappointed.  

he had nothing to say when Biden sat there and cherry picked the bush tax cuts for the provisions that affect the wealthy and he was throwing soft tosses to Ryan and Ryan didn't come back with anything of real substance.  on these boards i expect a certain amount of ignorance with regards to tax.  a vice presidential debate i do not.  

and one more thing.  you know how libs talk about the liberal people who make a lot of money and want to pay their fair share?  i've never met those people.  ever.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #821 on: October 15, 2012, 01:24:38 PM »

Fucking tool you are. 
mature

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #822 on: October 15, 2012, 01:27:27 PM »
mature

Like I said - liberals are beyond reason and hope and deserve to be called names.

If people don't realize that the Bush tax cuts helped everyone who paid taxes than theat level of ignorance deserves to be mocked. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #823 on: October 15, 2012, 01:37:36 PM »
Like I said - liberals are beyond reason and hope and deserve to be called names.

If people don't realize that the Bush tax cuts helped everyone who paid taxes than theat level of ignorance deserves to be mocked. 

tell yourself what you have to.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #824 on: October 15, 2012, 02:58:26 PM »