Author Topic: Monrovia Superintendent Linda Wagner says no bb competition in her school  (Read 6437 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Quite interesting - Lonnie Teper's quest for a bigger auditoritum for his 2012 NPC West Coast Classic comes across a flat no from Linda Wagner, the superintendent of Monrovia (about 20 miles from downtown Los Angeles) school system.   Even though the school system needs money and is laying off teachers, and more,  she doesnt want thousand of dollars because she objects to women in bikinis.   

Here is the story from the paper...

Does a Body-Building Competition Belong on School Campus? Not If It Involves Body-Building Women in Bikinis, Says Superintendent

http://laist.com/2011/10/08/does_a_body-building_competition_be.php

One local superintendent's decision to ban a body building competition from being held on school grounds during summer break is going to get a second look, according to Monrovia Patch.  The superintendent of Monrovia Unified School District Linda Wagner told West Coast Classic Bodybuilding and Figure that they couldn't hold their event on school grounds, if there were going to be any "scantily-clad women" around.

"She just said, 'We do not want our school associated with scantily clad women,'" local bodybuilder Whelan told Patch. "Her view on it was very, very clear." (That view, apparently, did not seem to involved any concern about the itty-bitty speedos body-building men wear.)

In the past schools like El Monte High and Rosemead High didn't mind have any female body-builders showing off their pecs, abs and huge guns in a bikini. But the body-builders wanted to move the contest to a city with more amenities. And the school board in Monrovia doesn't want to call Wagner's decision final — after all, the contest could bring in several thousand dollars to the coffers of the school's booster club.

"I don't think it's ruled out completely," Gililland said. "I think the board will take a serious look at it with the superintendent. Is the answer going to continue to be 'no'? I can't say right now."

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Original article from the Monrovia Patch Newspaper

http://monrovia.patch.com/articles/school-board-to-look-at-body-building-competition-decision#photo-8042613

School Board to Look at Body Building Competition Decision - The school board will discuss the superintendent's decision to bar a body building competition from MHS at a meeting this month.

The Monrovia Unified School District Board of Education will look into the superintendent's decision to bar a body building competition from being held at Monrovia High School when the board meets later this month, the board president said.

School Board President Ed Gililland said that the decision to deny the event access to the school and the policy behind that decision will be discussed during a board meeting on Oct. 26.

"I think there's some legitimate questions being asked so we're going to look at that," Gililland said.

The promoter of the West Coast Classic Bodybuilding and Figure said his company was told by Superintendent Linda Wagner that they couldn't hold the competition over the 2012 summer break at MHS because she didn't want the school associated with "scantily clad women."

Foothill Gym owner and competitive body builder Brian Whelan said he was disappointed in the superintendent's decision because the event could have brought in thousands of dollars to the school's booster club.

Gililland said he reviewed the web site for the competition and found it to have "pretty good guidelines in place." Gililland said that Wagner's objection to the portion of the contest that includes bikinis will be reconsidered.

"Some people don't like that much skin, that's not to say it's right or wrong," Gililland said. "That's the issue--when you have one segment of the competition that's a bikini contest, and does that fit within the policy? As Dr. Wagner looked at that, obviously she didn't feel that was within the guidelines of policy of what's acceptable at the high school."

Wagner could not be reached for comment on this story.

Gililland said that the decision to reject the competition is not final at this point.

"I don't think it's ruled out completely," Gililland said. "I think the board will take a serious look at it with the superintendent. Is the answer going to continue to be 'no'? I can't say right now."

The_Leafy_Bug

She doesn't seem to mind men in thongs and i think thats what the base issue is. Why do we have all those female "athletes" anyway. Everyone comes to see the men in thongs.  ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
I grew up in that area and trained at that gym....but to the Superintendents credit, at least she's not selling out on her principals.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
She should be anally taken by some IFBB pro's, but I fear they're all impotent.... :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
but i bet she's okay with 14 year old girls doing splits and bending over doing cheerleading routines will dirty ass parents stare and cell phone pic from the stands.

did she also discontinue all cheerleading programs in her district?

The Ugly

• Getbig V

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
All money aint good money. Yaroni...

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
She's a perv.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
I grew up in that area and trained at that gym....but to the Superintendents credit, at least she's not selling out on her principals.

Can't totally disagree, but like you say they are "her " principals.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
Re: Monrovia Superintendent Linda Wagner says no bb competition in her school
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 10:07:18 AM »
It's principles you fucking morons....

I guess men in thongs and women partially in thongs is still important business.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 10:11:22 AM »

It's "principles".

Do yourself a favor and take a 3rd grade remedial vocabulary course, dumbass.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 11:03:23 AM »
Hey poly, go fuck yourself. You were fine for about a year then all of the sudden over the last couple weeks you start up with your bullshit again? What happen, did one of your gimmicks get timed out?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 11:05:20 AM »
You got a problem with me, air it out now mother f**ker!

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 11:06:02 AM »
Sick  bitch.

American navy seals should spread sum' democracy in that school  >:(

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 11:14:22 AM »
All money aint good money. Yaroni...

The Jew in you is weak...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 11:15:53 AM »
It's principles you fucking morons....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA H!!!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 11:22:57 AM »
Clearly a feminist...

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 12:26:11 PM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum

njanvi

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
Hey poly, go fuck yourself. You were fine for about a year then all of the sudden over the last couple weeks you start up with your bullshit again? What happen, did one of your gimmicks get timed out?

But coach, it is principles... ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 12:44:31 PM »
But coach, it is principles... ;D

Yeah, I know. Stupid phone with no spell check.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 09:38:19 PM »
Maybe she went on any bodybuilding forum on the net and saw the amount of drug interaction going on and came to the conclusion that bodybuilding is filled with drug addicts. Esp. female bodybuilders.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 04:31:29 PM »

Apparently, she violated some rules in making her decision, and will be on the agenda at the meeting of October 26th...

The items will be placed on the agenda for discussion during the meeting of October 26. See you all there.

Sent: Friday, October 07, 2011 10:28 AM
To: Cyrus
Cc: Kris Mariconda
Subject: Re: Agenda Item for School Board

Thank you for your request. These items will be placed on the agenda for discussion during the meeting of October 26.

Linda Wagner
On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Cyrus <cyrus@cyruskemp.com> wrote:
Dear MUSD Board,

I am requesting that two items be placed on the next MUSD Board Agenda as provided for in the following citing.

Ralph M. Brown Act (Government Code) Section 54950.

School Districts (Education Code) Section 35145.5.
It is the intent of the Legislature that members of the public be able to place matters directly related to school district business on the agenda of school district governing board meetings.

Items for regular MUSD Board Meeting:

1. Whether to allow the staging of the West Coast Classic Bodybuilding and Figure contest at MHS during next year's summer break.

2. Develop a clear policy for the types of events that may be held on school property.

Please inform me of the date of the meeting that will have these two items on its agenda.

Sincerely
Cyrus Kemp

http://monrovia.patch.com/articles/musd-bars-body-building-over-scantily-clad-women

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 04:56:14 PM »
"Thousands of dollars", eh? That means at least two grand.  ;D She should hold out for 10 Gs and see if they cave.
If the contest organizers can secure either (or both) Anal Eze and Bum Grease as a sponsor, well there's plenty of dough to grease the palm of the pubic school system.

Who knows.  She may have a valid point if the use of illegal AAS are taken into account.