Author Topic: getbig's official NBA thread  (Read 55846 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: getbig's official NBA thread
« Reply #500 on: June 08, 2015, 08:35:34 AM »
Give MJ this exact lineup, put him in lebron's slot.   Does that team win this game?

Yes.  With today's rules, Jordan would be hitting 50 a night.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #501 on: June 08, 2015, 08:47:28 AM »
Yes.  With today's rules, Jordan would be hitting 50 a night.

without hand-checking, jordan would be driving to the hole ten more times a quarter, and he'd have missed four seasons with injury from the Knicks clobbering him.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #502 on: June 08, 2015, 08:52:51 AM »
This win won't mean anything if the Cavs lose tomorrow.

Series change very quickly...

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #503 on: June 08, 2015, 09:15:17 AM »
How the fuck does Andrew Bogut play in the NBA. He can't run or jump. Isn't running and jumping required to play in the NBA?
a

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #504 on: June 08, 2015, 09:30:04 AM »
How the fuck does Andrew Bogut play in the NBA. He can't run or jump. Isn't running and jumping required to play in the NBA?
Yeah, I don't know what his deal is. Injuries have made him almost immobile. Is David Lee that bad now that he gets absolutely no playing time? I feel like even when they want to go to a smaller lineup they should try him out as he would still give them some "size" (even though he's not that big) to combat Mozgov a bit. He always played really hard/double double guy.

Checked his stats for the season and over 50% shooting and not bad stats for a guy who played 18min a game.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #505 on: June 08, 2015, 09:39:39 AM »
regular season means shit compared to playoffs , just ask Payton Manning

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: June 08, 2015, 09:40:44 AM »
regular season means shit compared to playoffs , just ask Payton Manning
No idea who Payton is.....

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #507 on: June 08, 2015, 09:44:06 AM »
Cavs went through Celtics, Bulls, and Hawks

Warriors played Pelicans, Grizz , Rockets

who had the harder opponents in the playoffs

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #508 on: June 08, 2015, 09:47:04 AM »
Cavs went through Celtics, Bulls, and Hawks

Warriors played Pelicans, Grizz , Rockets

who had the harder opponents in the playoffs

Cavs went 12-2, GS went 12-3.   GS had a tougher road, but in two games against an injured opponent from a shitty conference, they've surrendered home court advantage.

Aside from that, one could argue losing your #2 and #3 player is tough, too.  Take away Barnes and Thompson for the playoffs, let's see if GS even makes it to the Finals. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #509 on: June 08, 2015, 09:54:39 AM »
On Colin... during the last GS time-out... they're doing some eyeballing on Curry.  Maybe he was dazed and confused, and Kerr asked him if he was okay.   Then he shoots that airball...

So yeah, maybe Curry is secretly hiding a concussion, hiding head trauma, hiding something major.  It'd make sense that he'd try to play thru it - they were planning on a 4 game sweep, Curry figured he'd limp thru it.  Suddenly this might get legs... everyone can Tivo it and if he was dazed, it'll be shown.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #510 on: June 08, 2015, 10:05:06 AM »
Golden State in 6. Lebron can't do it by himself. Golden State is too deep, they were getting pushed around by Cleveland. Golden State still have not played their game yet. Steph Curry will break out on tues night.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #511 on: June 08, 2015, 10:08:45 AM »
kyrie irving was listed in the Roaster for yesterdays game because the Cavs dont even have 13 players to fill a full NBA roster

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #512 on: June 08, 2015, 11:49:52 AM »
Golden State in 6. Lebron can't do it by himself. Golden State is too deep, they were getting pushed around by Cleveland. Golden State still have not played their game yet. Steph Curry will break out on tues night.

Not so sure.  Lebron single handidly almost won the first two games.  Just a bad tip or shot from making it.  He's making Green look like shit and Green was second for DPOY.  The refs did fuck up the game yesterday by slowing it down big time which hurt the Warriors transition game.  Right now Curry doesn't seem right and the Warriors have no answer to slow down Lebron.  I thought Lebron and Curry would be a wash at 30 points a night but if Curry keeps getting low 20's that 10 point difference can mean a Cavs win.

I'm surprised no one is talking about that EPIC failure of a dunk on a 3 on none by Speights.  I'm glad Kerr benched his lazy ass.  The fucker barely made it above the rim with 2 fingers on the ball.

As for Bogut. he needs to play the role of enforcer and foul Mosgov and James hard.  Who cares if he fouls out as long as he teaches those other two a lesson.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #513 on: June 08, 2015, 11:54:16 AM »
As for Bogut. he needs to play the role of enforcer and foul Mosgov and James hard.  Who cares if he fouls out as long as he teaches those other two a lesson.

I dunno if Bogut has that in him.  Plus the Cavs would then just send Delly to take out Thompson's knees.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #514 on: June 08, 2015, 11:56:43 AM »
I've been a Curry fan since college and only want the Warriors to win because of him.  I don't really like the franchise, but I also want them to lose so the thousands of random people wearing Warriors gear can feel bad about their purchase.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #515 on: June 08, 2015, 12:09:50 PM »
I am a  Lebron fan and want to make this perfectly clear. Sefishly I wanted Lebron to stay in Miami because I wanted to witness a dynasty. There would have been no problem putting players around Lebron to keep it going as witnessed the last 4 years.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #516 on: June 08, 2015, 12:16:00 PM »
I am a  Lebron fan and want to make this perfectly clear. Sefishly I wanted Lebron to stay in Miami because I wanted to witness a dynasty. There would have been no problem putting players around Lebron to keep it going as witnessed the last 4 years.

LBJ was turning 30, going bald, having another baby and mama just wanted to go home. 

IMO, his "Decision 1" to Miami was about getting rings, cementing legacy.
His "Decision 2" last summer, returning to CLE, was about family. 

He has 2 rings, he has guaranteed $ for life.  It was time to be around family, his hometown, his high school, and probably eventually, his political ambitions.  Give him a few years hanging out in Columbus and suddenly he's in the Governor's race... how does he lose? 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #517 on: June 08, 2015, 12:17:53 PM »

The Cavs need to let Love go and sign Marc Gasol or Aldridge.  The would give the Cavs a crazy front line, especially with Thompson but I think they're happy with Mosgov so they probably won't.
As for Irving.  He might be done.  Dude is a walking injury and the team seems to do better without him.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #518 on: June 08, 2015, 12:23:31 PM »
The Cavs need to let Love go and sign Marc Gasol or Aldridge.  The would give the Cavs a crazy front line, especially with Thompson but I think they're happy with Mosgov so they probably won't.
As for Irving.  He might be done.  Dude is a walking injury and the team seems to do better without him.
Agree about Irving. He cannot stay healthy Irving is a supreme talent but the guy is constantly injured. Aldridge would be a better fit there. Actually he would fit in nicely here in Miami.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #519 on: June 08, 2015, 12:28:35 PM »
Yeah, I don't know what his deal is. Injuries have made him almost immobile. Is David Lee that bad now that he gets absolutely no playing time? I feel like even when they want to go to a smaller lineup they should try him out as he would still give them some "size" (even though he's not that big) to combat Mozgov a bit. He always played really hard/double double guy.

Checked his stats for the season and over 50% shooting and not bad stats for a guy who played 18min a game.

I am not sure what Lee's deal is.  

He was an "up and coming" star in the league for a while and now he barely sees a floor on a team that would seem well-suited to his skillset.

It is a mysterious sport much like bodybuilding.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #520 on: June 08, 2015, 12:51:43 PM »
On Colin... during the last GS time-out... they're doing some eyeballing on Curry.  Maybe he was dazed and confused, and Kerr asked him if he was okay.   Then he shoots that airball...

So yeah, maybe Curry is secretly hiding a concussion, hiding head trauma, hiding something major.  It'd make sense that he'd try to play thru it - they were planning on a 4 game sweep, Curry figured he'd limp thru it.  Suddenly this might get legs... everyone can Tivo it and if he was dazed, it'll be shown.

Getting that excuse machine fired up a little early I think, haha.

With no Kevin Love and Irving - LeBron has a group of dudes...he just happens to be able to get something out of them. If he gets his FG percentage up taking all those shots there might be a chance they can beat GS.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #521 on: June 08, 2015, 01:01:07 PM »
Bottom line is getbiggers have no idea who is going to win this thing.  ;D
Two teams have different styles but I think are pretty evenly matched. Lebron has the experience but curry is having a great year and has a full team around him.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #522 on: June 08, 2015, 01:01:40 PM »
I am not sure what Lee's deal is. 

He was an "up and coming" star in the league for a while and now he barely sees a floor on a team that would seem well-suited to his skillset.

It is a mysterious sport much like bodybuilding.

Good point.  Lee was on top of everyone's trade list a year ago when GS was trying to deal for Dwight Howard and Kevin Love.  He was considered their best player above Curry just two years ago.  Kind of a big fall for him

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #523 on: June 08, 2015, 01:05:51 PM »
Good point.  Lee was on top of everyone's trade list a year ago when GS was trying to deal for Dwight Howard and Kevin Love.  He was considered their best player above Curry just two years ago.  Kind of a big fall for him

I was actually think what happened to Lee a few days ago so I googled him and found out he has struggled with injuries but also his playing time has cut way back because of his defense and the simple fact they are better with him off the floor...even though he is good. Seems weird. At least he's the highest paid warrior.  :D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #524 on: June 08, 2015, 01:32:04 PM »
I was actually think what happened to Lee a few days ago so I googled him and found out he has struggled with injuries but also his playing time has cut way back because of his defense and the simple fact they are better with him off the floor...even though he is good. Seems weird. At least he's the highest paid warrior.  :D

Yeah, he got paid and probably got lazy.  Stopped going to the gym.