Author Topic: Laser pointer at airplane - How would anyone TRUELY know it was you?  (Read 5982 times)

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
Re: Laser pointer at airplane - How would anyone TRUELY know it was you?
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2017, 07:37:42 AM »
Don’t pilots still land the plane regardless? It’s only automated in the air correct? I’m sure they’re assisted but they have to have some measure of skill in there somewhere.

before taking off, these pilots already have their routes and destination programmed and once they take off, usually after 5 minutes or so, the Auto pilot is engaged and both the course and heading is known to the auto pilot, but for the majority of the time, it is required for pilots to manually Land the plane on final approach, which makes senses. you need Human intervention for the unforeseen and the unpredictable.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2017, 07:55:20 AM »

When was the last time you were on a plane? They're extremely high in the air to the point where you can't even see people walking on the ground. Even when they're not at the peak of their flight. "Hello police, there is a light down there somewhere" Is it literally going to leave a beam that far? Even then idk.

And you hurry to prove that you really are a moron, didn't you? Do you think that the problem is the morons who use laser pointers to illumine a belly of the extremely high flying plane? Real problem is the morons who use laser pointers to blind pilots who are landing or taking of from the airfield, while they are extremely near the moron and see where he is standing. "Hello police, there is a moron with the laser pointer at the another end of the light beam you see, if you look at the trailer park at south-west ..." There is group of two to three people in the cockpit, they aren't idiots like you, and they have binoculars to use if they need to locate you.

QuietYou

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2017, 08:00:53 AM »

And you hurry to prove that you really are a moron, didn't you? Do you think that the problem is the morons who use laser pointers to illumine a belly of the extremely high flying plane? Real problem is the morons who use laser pointers to blind pilots who are landing or taking of from the airfield, while they are extremely near the moron and see where he is standing. "Hello police, there is a moron with the laser pointer at the another end of the light beam you see, if you look at the trailer park at south-west ..." There is group of two to three people in the cockpit, they aren't idiots like you, and they have binoculars to use if they need to locate you.
Sorry I didn’t know you were an expert on where most laser pointer incidents happen  ::)  . Freudian slip? The laser pointer is able to reach the cockpit from the ground, hence why there are warning signs to not point lasers at the airplane. Not sure they’d have the signs or any problems if the people who wanted to point the lasers were doing so from 100 feet from the landing strip  ::) get real. I’m talking about in the ground while the plane is in flight and didn’t just take off.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2017, 08:09:55 AM »
Punishment for lazzzer pointer crimes is extremely harsh... usually a three letter agency tracks down the perpe-traitor who is slowly being run over by a modified M1 Abrams tank.
Estimated cost for the tax payer - approximately 40 Million dollars.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2017, 09:09:59 AM »
No fucking way would they know where you are.Not a smart thing to do either way but don’t see how anyone would get caught.

people have gotten caught though

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2017, 09:26:58 AM »
If I saw you pointing a laser pen at an airbound aircraft I assure you I would bite your nose off.

werewolf operative

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2017, 09:35:20 AM »

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2017, 10:10:32 AM »
before taking off, these pilots already have their routes and destination programmed and once they take off, usually after 5 minutes or so, the Auto pilot is engaged and both the course and heading is known to the auto pilot, but for the majority of the time, it is required for pilots to manually Land the plane on final approach, which makes senses. you need Human intervention for the unforeseen and the unpredictable.
I’m a former airline pilot and this pretty true. The pilots are allowed to “hand fly” without the autopilot for as long as they want. Generally most pilots hand fly to around 10,000 feet.  Most kick off the autopilot on final approach.  That’s is the way most domestic carriers operate.  However I had a few friends fly for Mideast carriers and they require autopilot use  at 400feet after takeoff and it must remain in until ~100 feet landing.  So as you can image a lot of their hand flying proficiency is lost. As far as laser pointers go I’m not sure how they are caught but generally these idiots will continue to tag plane after pane on short final.  Can’t imagine most people doing this are very intelligent.

chess315

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2017, 10:35:22 AM »
Yeah I doubt anything will come of this but with all the terriost stuff don't be surprised if Jason blaha don't do a snatch and grab and take you to Langley. Lol this has to be one of the craziest threads ever

QuietYou

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2017, 09:34:17 PM »
I’m a former airline pilot and this pretty true. The pilots are allowed to “hand fly” without the autopilot for as long as they want. Generally most pilots hand fly to around 10,000 feet.  Most kick off the autopilot on final approach.  That’s is the way most domestic carriers operate.  However I had a few friends fly for Mideast carriers and they require autopilot use  at 400feet after takeoff and it must remain in until ~100 feet landing.  So as you can image a lot of their hand flying proficiency is lost. As far as laser pointers go I’m not sure how they are caught but generally these idiots will continue to tag plane after pane on short final.  Can’t imagine most people doing this are very intelligent.

lol i've always had so many questions for pilots. Like are you ever too fast on pace to land and don't have enough runway for your landing? Like what the fuck do you do then? Or you accidentally knick the water while you're slowing down right above it etc etc

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2017, 10:13:37 PM »

So Arabs in the middle east learn to take off and land but not to fly.  The irony.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2017, 11:52:25 PM »
Either way, anyone captured doing such an act should be executed.

QuietYou

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2017, 11:53:00 PM »
Either way, anyone captured doing such an act should be executed.

What if it's a chubby 10 year old with chocolate all over his face?

Simple Simon

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2017, 12:19:24 AM »
What if it's a chubby 10 year old with chocolate all over his face?
check the bushes for primemuscle.....

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2017, 12:30:07 AM »

Apparently when you point a laser pointer at a flying aircraft, it is extremely sensitive and completely amplifies it's effects

After the Nazis invented lasers they were always looking for ways to amplify them.  When they told Goring about the amplification effect of airplane cockpits he ordered a test to be carried out on a series of Messerschmitts all parked in a row and the beam which came out of the 9th one careened off  the base's human experimentation building and struck the prototype Dornier 217 "Angry Duck", delaying production at a critical stage and effectively guaranteeing Germany's inferiority in the maritime air contest.  That's how the Battle of Briton was lost before it ever began.

QuietYou

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2017, 12:35:01 AM »
After the Nazis invented lasers they were always looking for ways to amplify them.  When they told Goring about the amplification effect of airplane cockpits he ordered a test to be carried out on a series of Messerschmitts all parked in a row and the beam which came out of the 9th one careened off  the base's human experimentation building and struck the prototype Dornier 217 "Angry Duck", delaying production at a critical stage and effectively guaranteeing Germany's inferiority in the maritime air contest.  That's how the Battle of Briton was lost before it ever began.

That's amazing if true. Curiosity and selfishness killed the nazi cat.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2017, 10:02:21 AM »
Sorry I didn’t know you were an expert on where most laser pointer incidents happen  ::)  . Freudian slip? The laser pointer is able to reach the cockpit from the ground, hence why there are warning signs to not point lasers at the airplane. Not sure they’d have the signs or any problems if the people who wanted to point the lasers were doing so from 100 feet from the landing strip  ::) get real. I’m talking about in the ground while the plane is in flight and didn’t just take off.

So you don't know anything about aeroplanes or laser pointers? Maybe that's why I call you a moron?

http://mentalfloss.com/article/65424/what-pilots-see-when-you-shine-laser-pointer-aircraft

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2017, 04:33:37 AM »
All this is bullshit.  90% of the flight time, the plane is on auto pilot.

You want to point lasers at planes and get away with it... do it from a moving car out on some lonely country road.  Make sure you are not at a busy intersection with cameras watching you. 

QuietYou

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2017, 04:40:21 AM »
So you don't know anything about aeroplanes or laser pointers? Maybe that's why I call you a moron?

http://mentalfloss.com/article/65424/what-pilots-see-when-you-shine-laser-pointer-aircraft

So since i'm not gay i'm a moron? Okay. I'll check the link now hopefully after watching i'll be on the same high intellectual wavelength as you  ::)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2017, 04:48:15 AM »

I want to see what happened a few seconds after he did this.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2017, 06:08:17 AM »
Usually the moron using the laser pointer is standing in his back yard when he does it.  Fairly easy to pinpoint then.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2017, 11:39:28 AM »
A laser goes back to the point of origin. That's why it has limited application in the military on small arms.  They are great for concealed carry or police work as a sighting device.  To review if you are evil enough to endanger people's lives, tracking the origin of the laser isn't that hard to get the coordinates.