Author Topic: I Benched 107.5 kg in Competition 3-16-08  (Read 93297 times)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: My Quest to Bench 225 in Competition
« Reply #350 on: January 23, 2008, 04:07:32 AM »
Speed workout last night.  Light weight, long pauses, good form, explosiveness.  I understand this workout.   8)

5 sets 110 x 2

I also did calves and abs.

:)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #351 on: January 25, 2008, 09:45:27 PM »
Chains tonight.
I used the new set of chains we made, which weigh 36.5 pounds each, totalling 73 pounds.  I put 115 on the bar so that it was 188 at the lockout.  I did all of the reps without a spot, and with a pause at the bottom and a press command.

5 sets x 3 188 at lockout
3 sets rotator cuffs x 15
3 sets ab crunches x 20

Gotta admit, it was harder than I expected.  The bar didn't feel much lighter than 188 at the bottom LOL, but the chains were definitely on the ground.   :P

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #352 on: January 26, 2008, 01:28:16 AM »
Just went through this thread real quick, good job Rip. Keep it up

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #353 on: January 26, 2008, 08:27:13 AM »
Just went through this thread real quick, good job Rip. Keep it up

Thanks Flex!   :)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: January 26, 2008, 04:56:40 PM »
Chains tonight.
I used the new set of chains we made, which weigh 36.5 pounds each, totalling 73 pounds.  I put 115 on the bar so that it was 188 at the lockout.  I did all of the reps without a spot, and with a pause at the bottom and a press command.

5 sets x 3 188 at lockout
3 sets rotator cuffs x 15
3 sets ab crunches x 20

Gotta admit, it was harder than I expected.  The bar didn't feel much lighter than 188 at the bottom LOL, but the chains were definitely on the ground.   :P

Were you able to get good extra speed off the chest? The chain weight is deloaded then.
Really snap it at the start off the chest. Blast thru the stick points....

a 1 arm curling handle attachment from the cable cross-over/ Tricep Pressdown machine and clip on
chain(s) has a real nice increase in resistance on way up for shoulder rotation movments & anterior delt raises instead of dumbells.
Makes dumbells seem lame. DB's get light when should be heavy at the top.... 

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #355 on: January 26, 2008, 06:19:39 PM »
Were you able to get good extra speed off the chest? The chain weight is deloaded then.
Really snap it at the start off the chest. Blast thru the stick points....

a 1 arm curling handle attachment from the cable cross-over/ Tricep Pressdown machine and clip on
chain(s) has a real nice increase in resistance on way up for shoulder rotation movments & anterior delt raises instead of dumbells.
Makes dumbells seem lame. DB's get light when should be heavy at the top.... 

I did get some extra speed off the chest for sure, I really tried to...but it felt heavier than I expected when the chain weight was deloaded.  It was 70-ish pounds lighter, but it sure didn't feel like it.  It also helped me work on staying tight from head to toe...I let myself go loose in the legs and ass on a couple of reps, and those were the ones I really struggled with.  The ones I stayed tight on were nice and smooth.

I'm sick again, coming down with a cold, and I am SUPER pissed.  I just got better from an ear infection less than 2 weeks ago.   >:(

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: January 28, 2008, 04:50:50 PM »
I have been sick, but I sucked it up and got the shirt workout in last night.  I am very glad I did, as I am way worse today and in no condition to do much of anything at this point.  I have hardly moved today.

It was NOT my finest hour in the gym, but I got the bar to touch.  It wasn't pretty, but it touched.   ;D

-2 board 185 x 2
-1 board 225 x 1
-1 board 225 x 1
-No Board 225 x 1 - it touched and pretty much sat on my chest for plenty of pause.  When I went to push up, I totally got out of the groove and pushed directly backwards towards my spotter.   
-No Board 225 x 1 - touch, plenty of pause, a little bit of help with it on the way up
-No Board 225 x 1 - touch, plenty of pause, a bit sloppy
-1 Board 205 x 1

Pauses were there, but I'm pretty sure I would have bombed any of those three lifts where I touched had it been a competition.

OH, and the purple bite marks around my underarms might be the best ones yet.   ;D

cauthon

• Getbig II
  • Craig Killed for you Bitches
« Reply #357 on: January 28, 2008, 07:14:42 PM »

-No Board 225 x 1 - it touched and pretty much sat on my chest for plenty of pause.  When I went to push up, I totally got out of the groove and pushed directly backwards towards my

You dumped to the face in an F6? Impressive. Ive done it in a SS Katana but I have never seen someone do it with those angled sleeves.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: January 29, 2008, 08:21:52 AM »
You dumped to the face in an F6? Impressive. Ive done it in a SS Katana but I have never seen someone do it with those angled sleeves.

LOL...Impressive?  More like... :-[

I'm a noob, so I wouldn't know if that's something that shouldn't be happening or not lol.  I have a pretty big arch...maybe cuz of that?

cauthon

• Getbig II
  • Craig Killed for you Bitches
« Reply #359 on: January 29, 2008, 06:00:20 PM »

LOL...Impressive?  More like... :-[

I'm a noob, so I wouldn't know if that's something that shouldn't be happening or not lol.  I have a pretty big arch...maybe cuz of that?

I was thinking you must have a huge arch (which was what I was referring to when I said impressive). The shirt kind of acts like a spring with no housing, if your not careful it will dump to one side or the other. The whole angled selves thing was to try to prevent it falling toward the face by forcing it to fall to the stomach (since your arms are out in that direction anyway). The way I see it you either have enough of an arch that your arms are almost up and down at the bottom or you can really flare you elbows out fast on the way up.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: January 30, 2008, 05:16:30 AM »
I was thinking you must have a huge arch (which was what I was referring to when I said impressive). The shirt kind of acts like a spring with no housing, if your not careful it will dump to one side or the other. The whole angled selves thing was to try to prevent it falling toward the face by forcing it to fall to the stomach (since your arms are out in that direction anyway). The way I see it you either have enough of an arch that your arms are almost up and down at the bottom or you can really flare you elbows out fast on the way up.

That's what I figured.  LOL I'll take it!  All those years of gymnastics are paying off, I guess.   ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: January 30, 2008, 05:11:54 PM »
damn girl! Starting to take this shit seriously now?!  ;D

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #362 on: January 31, 2008, 05:19:29 AM »
damn girl! Starting to take this shit seriously now?!  ;D

Who ME?!?!   ;)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: February 02, 2008, 06:42:40 AM »
I finally went back to the gym last night, after being laid up for about 5 days with one of the worst sinus infections I have ever had.  I still can't really breathe, and my hearing is only about 75%.   >:(

I did a light speed workout just to get the blood flowing...planning on getting the shirt on tomorrow. 
Today is THREE WEEKS out from the meet, and I totally lost this entire week, and I am still nowhere near 100%.

-110 pounds, 5 sets x 2
-rotator cuffs, 3 sets x 15
-dumbell shrugs, 40 lbs, 3 sets x 15

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: February 03, 2008, 05:12:54 PM »
Shirt workout today.  It was a relatively short one, but it was tough.

3 board 195 x 1
2 board 205 x 1
1 board 225 x 1
no board 225 x 1
no board 225 x 1

I touched both times on the no board sets, but the lifts were sloppy once again.  First one came back towards my spotter (not as bad as last week), and the second one was a little better, but a big struggle and generally sloppy.  I did fine with the 1 board...I am having problems with that last couple of inches.  I cannot find the groove.   >:(

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #365 on: February 03, 2008, 07:36:03 PM »
Ive found that its easier to think of pulling it to your crotch, then throwing it over your face, but you are WAY too close to the meet to try implementing that.

Jason

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: February 07, 2008, 04:17:23 AM »
Board work and speed work last night.  I am finally getting over my sinus infection and felt "okay" in the gym last night.  I swear, I am weaker than I was 3 weeks ago, but my numbers for this workout were good.

RAW BOARD PRESSES - 2 BOARD
180 x 3
190 x 3
195 x 3
200 x 3  8)
200 x 3 (third one was a little sloppy)
185 x 3
185 x 3
185 x 3
Used wraps on all sets over 185

SPEED WORK
110 x 2
110 x 2
110 x 2
110 x 2
110 x 2
Did pauses and press commands on the speed sets

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: February 07, 2008, 04:27:04 AM »
Nice workout Rip!  Your strength will come back fast from your time off.  Just eat plenty get lots of rest and stay confident  :)  Visualize how that lift is gonna go perfect.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: February 07, 2008, 05:03:18 AM »
Nice workout Rip!  Your strength will come back fast from your time off.  Just eat plenty get lots of rest and stay confident  :)  Visualize how that lift is gonna go perfect.

Thanks Luv, I'm trying to...January was a month full of setbacks for me.  I think I was sick at least half the month!
I WILL get there...I'm just not sure I will two weeks from Saturday.   :-\

(The other thing I meant to add on the 2 board presses is that the numbers look big, but with my arch and my short arms and the 2 board, the weight really isn't moving that far  :D!)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #369 on: February 07, 2008, 11:57:48 PM »
Didn't read the whole thread. How much do you weigh, dragon lady?

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: February 08, 2008, 07:01:04 AM »
Didn't read the whole thread. How much do you weigh, dragon lady?

I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks, but I'm somewhere in the mid-130s...I'd like to make the 132 and under class for the Feb 23 meet, but I  am not sure it'll happen.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #371 on: February 08, 2008, 10:52:13 AM »

I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks, but I'm somewhere in the mid-130s...I'd like to make the 132 and under class for the Feb 23 meet, but I  am not sure it'll happen.

Are you saying you're being a fatass in the off-season?

Yay!

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: February 08, 2008, 01:04:15 PM »
Are you saying you're being a fatass in the off-season?

Yay!

Muscle weighs alot more than fat you know!!!!!   >:(

HAHA I was alot bigger last off-season.  I don't have abs or anything right now, but I'm not a total pork chop. 

I'm "full" and "curvy".  ;D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #373 on: February 08, 2008, 03:41:11 PM »

Muscle weighs alot more than fat you know!!!!!   >:(

HAHA I was alot bigger last off-season.  I don't have abs or anything right now, but I'm not a total pork chop. 

I'm "full" and "curvy".  ;D

Haha... Well, you know that's how I like my women.

I can't stand skinny rail bitches.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: February 08, 2008, 04:29:01 PM »
lol rip's a little bitty thing...poor girl needs to put some more junk in that trunk in the off season for sure!  ;D