Author Topic: There's Only One Bible  (Read 21040 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
Re: There's Only One Bible
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2011, 08:26:49 PM »

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2011, 03:53:33 AM »
Nuns looking for some action.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2011, 04:15:02 AM »
That makes no sense  :D what does that say about the fucktards that would burn her alive is more apt ?

What does it say about the fucktards that would commit someone (though I doubt your claim) who preached the Ten Commandments.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2011, 06:05:01 AM »
What does it say about the fucktards that would commit someone (though I doubt your claim) who preached the Ten Commandments.
Nothing - but if someone walked around saying he was the son of god he would be off to the loop bin - jesus if what we know about him is accurate had a mental illness - a deff skitzoid complex going on there.. put it this way if someone was to behave in such a mannor he did today saying he was the son of god where would he end up ?

Cliff Clavin

• Getbig II
  • It's a little known fact
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2011, 12:23:50 PM »
 :)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2011, 03:58:19 PM »

Is that the old Yankee's skipper Joe Torre?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2011, 04:10:20 PM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2011, 05:02:53 PM »
Nothing - but if someone walked around saying he was the son of god he would be off to the loop bin - jesus if what we know about him is accurate had a mental illness - a deff skitzoid complex going on there.. put it this way if someone was to behave in such a mannor he did today saying he was the son of god where would he end up ?

What do we know about him really? His favorite color? What his favorite food was? What was his favorite hobby as a boy? WHo was his best friend at age 15?

I find it strange that all the people who claim to have a "personal" relationship with him, no one knows anything about him but what was written in the pages...well after his death.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2011, 05:35:59 PM »
What do we know about him really? His favorite color? What his favorite food was? What was his favorite hobby as a boy? WHo was his best friend at age 15?

I find it strange that all the people who claim to have a "personal" relationship with him, no one knows anything about him but what was written in the pages...well after his death.
Exactly all fairy tale stuff

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2011, 08:41:16 PM »

I've heard Christ describe in many, many ways but never one as having a mental illness. There's a guy in my neighborhood who is homeless and parades up and down the street talking to himself, arguing with himself, shadow boxing with himself. He has a mental illness. But he doesn't talk to anyone or threaten anyone. People, including LE, just leave him alone.

I believe God is my creator. I refer to God as my Father. That makes me one of his sons. I am one of many, millions actually, that believe that. We don't end up anywhere, which by implication is some kind of asylum.

I believe in God. You don't. Does that bother you? Because it seems like it does. It seems like unbelievers are far, far more disturbed that others don't share their beliefs that believers do -- Islamic Fundamentalist excluded. 

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2011, 08:43:59 PM »

I find it strange that all the people who claim to have a "personal" relationship with him,no one knows anything about him but what was written in the pages...well after his death.

You can say the same for Socrates or Alexander the Great.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2011, 09:14:30 PM »
I've heard Christ describe in many, many ways but never one as having a mental illness. There's a guy in my neighborhood who is homeless and parades up and down the street talking to himself, arguing with himself, shadow boxing with himself. He has a mental illness. But he doesn't talk to anyone or threaten anyone. People, including LE, just leave him alone.

I believe God is my creator. I refer to God as my Father. That makes me one of his sons. I am one of many, millions actually, that believe that. We don't end up anywhere, which by implication is some kind of asylum.

I believe in God. You don't. Does that bother you? Because it seems like it does. It seems like unbelievers are far, far more disturbed that others don't share their beliefs that believers do -- Islamic Fundamentalist excluded. 
I beleive there is a creator just not how christians tell everyone or any other religion for that matter - Christianity was made up to Conquer - Pagen type religions pre date anything christians have - all christian holidays fall exactly on the same time as Pagen rituals - this was all in the devide and Conquer that drove the barbarian christians - they made stories up about witches casting spells and turning people into frogs using dark arts etc but all these people (pagens) did was use what nature - our true creator gave us to heal - spells were no more than positive affirmations yet the true god behind christian morals - satan - made up lies to scare and force people to there way of thinking and in doing so taking over - anything that is said in the bible is all horse shit my friend and is fantasy stuff this is factual and you as an intelligent guy cannot dispute this - Jesus did walk on water yes but any person that followed him could of to as the water he walked upon was high in salt so it was impossible to sink - so all this fantasy rubbish that is written and what you follow can be totaly destroyed by science - the pagens were the first users of science - not as we know it now of course but they used what was given to us by mother nature to heal and advance and this was all destructive of christian beleives because christians cannot think for themselves they are controled by there leader - god - yet the true roots of christianity are spawned by there real god and that is satan.. satan is a christian deity - you cannot beleive in christ and not beleive in satan - true christan roots are spawned from satan.

If you look at real facts, christianity is a mongral religion - it was put in place by greed driven people who wanted to control the masses who were Pagens or had Pagen ways of thinking.

If you look at Pagen thinking all which pre date christian lies then look at christianity - it is clear christians have copied and raped pagen thinking all to suit there own agenda which is power and control of the masses..

Your religion is based on evil and is a total fraud and it amazes me that intelligent people in everyday life can be controled by this utter bullshit.. and keep your christian history to yourself - i dont need to hear it - its all lies and came from nasty people wanting to control others and it still does try  ;)

Madonna said it best - Christianity is designed to control people and the bible is best left as a fairy tale bed time story.. she's a very smart lady  ;) she was born a catholic and saw it for what it truely is yet she to if born in the era of the christian slaughtering of innocent people would of been burnt alive... let me ask you a question , do you beleive someone can be turned into a frog ? cos that is a true christian LIE that was used to kill people that were free thinkers and all they were guilty of was thinking for themselves.  ;)

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2011, 09:35:25 PM »
I beleive there is a creator just not how christians tell everyone or any other religion for that matter - Christianity was made up to Conquer - Pagen type religions pre date anything christians have - all christian holidays fall exactly on the same time as Pagen rituals - this was all in the devide and Conquer that drove the barbarian christians - they made stories up about witches casting spells and turning people into frogs using dark arts etc but all these people (pagens) did was use what nature - our true creator gave us to heal - spells were no more than positive affirmations yet the true god behind christian morals - satan - made up lies to scare and force people to there way of thinking and in doing so taking over - anything that is said in the bible is all horse shit my friend and is fantasy stuff this is factual and you as an intelligent guy cannot dispute this - Jesus did walk on water yes but any person that followed him could of to as the water he walked upon was high in salt so it was impossible to sink - so all this fantasy rubbish that is written and what you follow can be totaly destroyed by science - the pagens were the first users of science - not as we know it now of course but they used what was given to us by mother nature to heal and advance and this was all destructive of christian beleives because christians cannot think for themselves they are controled by there leader - god - yet the true roots of christianity are spawned by there real god and that is satan.. satan is a christian deity - you cannot beleive in christ and not beleive in satan - true christan roots are spawned from satan.

If you look at real facts, christianity is a mongral religion - it was put in place by greed driven people who wanted to control the masses who were Pagens or had Pagen ways of thinking.

If you look at Pagen thinking all which pre date christian lies then look at christianity - it is clear christians have copied and raped pagen thinking all to suit there own agenda which is power and control of the masses..

Your religion is based on evil and is a total fraud and it amazes me that intelligent people in everyday life can be controled by this utter bullshit.. and keep your christian history to yourself - i dont need to hear it - its all lies and came from nasty people wanting to control others and it still does try  ;)

Madonna said it best - Christianity is designed to control people and the bible is best left as a fairy tale bed time story.. she's a very smart lady  ;) she was born a catholic and saw it for what it truely is yet she to if born in the era of the christian slaughtering of innocent people would of been burnt alive... let me ask you a question , do you beleive someone can be turned into a frog ? cos that is a true christian LIE that was used to kill people that were free thinkers and all they were guilty of was thinking for themselves.  ;)

I'm not going to read all that because I get it. You do not share my beliefs. A belief that is shared by about 2 billion people on this planet. My question is: why does it bother you?

Someone mentioned earlier what Carl Sagan said decades ago on his TV series Cosmos. Either Matter (I capitalize to emphasize that I mean the stuff of the universe) always existed or that God always existed and created this Matter. Those are the only two views and both are matters of faith. The atheist believe that the notion of a God that always existed and created the universe is just silly. I believe that the idea that Matter, the stuff of the universe, always existed is just silly.

Both are matters of faith. It doesn't bother me in the least that others don't share my beliefs. So again I ask you, since what I believe has zero effect on you, why does it bother you that I am a Christian.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2011, 10:19:25 PM »
I'm not going to read all that because I get it. You do not share my beliefs. A belief that is shared by about 2 billion people on this planet. My question is: why does it bother you?

Someone mentioned earlier what Carl Sagan said decades ago on his TV series Cosmos. Either Matter (I capitalize to emphasize that I mean the stuff of the universe) always existed or that God always existed and created this Matter. Those are the only two views and both are matters of faith. The atheist believe that the notion of a God that always existed and created the universe is just silly. I believe that the idea that Matter, the stuff of the universe, always existed is just silly.

Both are matters of faith. It doesn't bother me in the least that others don't share my beliefs. So again I ask you, since what I believe has zero effect on you, why does it bother you that I am a Christian.
It doesn't bother me, I thought we were having a discussion  :D

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2011, 11:44:42 PM »
It doesn't bother me, I thought we were having a discussion  :D

Every one of your posts, beginning with the first one, is mocking Christianity.

I think the Mormon religion is wacky. But I think Mormons, as a group, are some of the most decent people on this planet. Those Hare Krishnas seem like 60s era hippies to me. But they seem relatively harmless and don't bother me.  I believe that an atheist is wrong. I don't believe that matter just always existed and just by chance created everything we have today. That there is a transcendent meaning to life. That it does matter if you are a good person or a bad person. That a Mother Teresa and a Adolph Hitler share very different Cosmic fates. That in there end there is a Cosmic justice. If not, then life is inherently meaningless and one should live a life of hedonistic self interest.

But it doesn't bother me in the least that others don't share my beliefs. I wish they did and will try to convince them otherwise as I feel it leads to a more richer and meaningful life because you have a value system beyond yourself. Though we all fall short we have an ideal to aspire to. And I have not the slightest desire to mock others and belittle their belief system. I may chuckle at the Mormon underwear rule but at least it insures they always wear clean underwear which I consider always a good thing. 

It didn't seem so much as a discussion but rather you  ridiculing and belittling Christianity all with an underlying hint of contempt.

Jesus wore a dress

GH15's bible the only one worth reading you fucking deluded dipshit

Why do you beleive in fairy tales

haha angry ? no i pity you - you are a sad scared little sheep who cant take care of his own life - 

If Jesus was walking around in this day and age he would be committed to a psych ward - what does that say about his followers  :-\

Cliff Clavin

• Getbig II
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2011, 04:29:50 AM »

excellent post

Cliff Clavin

• Getbig II
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2011, 04:36:54 AM »
You do not share my beliefs. A belief that is shared by about 2 billion people on this planet.
you have brought this up numerous times...is the religion with the most followers the right one in your mind/...do you know that history is written by the winners...and the winners write what they chose regardless of the facts...have you heard of the crusades?....do you how Christianity was spread?...

when u realize why it is that you dismiss all other gods but the one you have been indoctrinated to believe in then and only then will you understand why myself and millions others dismiss your god....

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2011, 08:41:34 AM »
You can say the same for Socrates or Alexander the Great.

The diff is that there aren't millions of people who exist today, claiming they have a personal relationship with Socrates and talk to him everyday

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2011, 08:57:08 AM »

I don't think we are talking apples and apples in the above example..

And as far as "why does it bother you that I am a christian" I'd like to take a stab at your question..

I used to be christian, have family and friends that are christian, have no problems with it for the most part. Have Muslim friends, mormon friends, several buddhist friends etc etc..

I believe people should be able to believe or not believe whatever they want about god or gods, ghosts or spirits, bigfoots and jackalopes...

But historically, Christians have tried to shove their personal beliefs down non believers throats. Excluding the crusades and inquisitions of years gone by I'll address todays world in my country. In some states you cannot hold public office without professing belief in a higher power (texas for example). You cannot attend any organized functioin, be it city, state, (graduations, promotional or retirement ceremonies for government employees, sporting events ) where you don't have to sit through the Christian ritual of prayer (which by the way defies Jesus' instructions on prayer in Matthew, but who cares what Jesus said right?)

I didn't have non believers trying to convince me to not believe when I was christian, I now have believers spending hours of my time trying to convince me to believe (for my own good). When sitting in a mixed crowd at a public event like a promotional or retirement ceremony for a government official, atheists, agnostics, muslims, jews, buddhist and every other non christian is subjected to a ritual prayer "in Jesus name"...

I've never had an Atheist knock on my door during suppertime to pass out information on atheism but have had many a christian do it...

So the reason it might appear that some people have an issue with you is because a lot of christians aren't happy just being a christian, and want to let their personal beliefs bleed over into my life..

Just sayin..

Ag

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2011, 08:59:59 AM »
you have brought this up numerous times...is the religion with the most followers the right one in your mind/...do you know that history is written by the winners...and the winners write what they chose regardless of the facts...have you heard of the crusades?....do you how Christianity was spread?...

when u realize why it is that you dismiss all other gods but the one you have been indoctrinated to believe in then and only then will you understand why myself and millions others dismiss your god....

No.

By contrast you have been indoctrinated by secular ideology.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2011, 09:02:13 AM »
The diff is that there aren't millions of people who exist today, claiming they have a personal relationship with Socrates and talk to him everyday

So what? The argument was about what a person believes and their prior existence. There are many who consider themselves having a relationship with their dead mother or some long lost relative from the Civil war whom they channel.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2011, 09:10:19 AM »
So what? The argument was about what a person believes and their prior existence. There are many who consider themselves having a relationship with their dead mother or some long lost relative from the Civil war whom they channel.

The argument was about  persons claiming to have a personal relationship with someone yet not knowing anything about them that isn't contained in a book in spite of the claim to have a current, personal relationship.

Your comparison of Socrates doesn't fit the criteria in my opinion.  

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2011, 09:25:26 AM »
I don't think we are talking apples and apples in the above example..

And as far as "why does it bother you that I am a christian" I'd like to take a stab at your question..

I used to be christian, have family and friends that are christian, have no problems with it for the most part. Have Muslim friends, mormon friends, several buddhist friends etc etc..

I believe people should be able to believe or not believe whatever they want about god or gods, ghosts or spirits, bigfoots and jackalopes...

But historically, Christians have tried to shove their personal beliefs down non believers throats. Excluding the crusades and inquisitions of years gone by I'll address todays world in my country. In some states you cannot hold public office without professing belief in a higher power (texas for example). You cannot attend any organized functioin, be it city, state, (graduations, promotional or retirement ceremonies for government employees, sporting events ) where you don't have to sit through the Christian ritual of prayer (which by the way defies Jesus' instructions on prayer in Matthew, but who cares what Jesus said right?)

I didn't have non believers trying to convince me to not believe when I was christian, I now have believers spending hours of my time trying to convince me to believe (for my own good). When sitting in a mixed crowd at a public event like a promotional or retirement ceremony for a government official, atheists, agnostics, muslims, jews, buddhist and every other non christian is subjected to a ritual prayer "in Jesus name"...

I've never had an Atheist knock on my door during suppertime to pass out information on atheism but have had many a christian do it...

So the reason it might appear that some people have an issue with you is because a lot of christians aren't happy just being a christian, and want to let their personal beliefs bleed over into my life..

Just sayin..

Ag

Christians don't go door to door. But, yes, when a group of people feel they have an idea they feel will help people and their lives they want to share it and have others support it. You are far more likely to get secular ideology knocking on your door wanting you to support some proposition or politician.

Sure we have rituals such as swearing on the Bible, praying before a ceremony, In God We Trust on our money, but this country was founded on Judeo/Christian beliefs. We are not going to change our traditions because some minority group is uncomfortable with it.  

When a religious person wants to share their beliefs and ideology it's called indoctrination. When secular extremists in our schools and government want to share their beliefs and ideology it's called education.  

And whenever the issue of religion comes up where I am involved it is me defending the attacks by the secular extremist. I only got involved in this thread because of the continue mocking of my belief system. That, my friend, is more of an example of a person belief system, secularlism, "bleeding over." Show me a single posts where I unilaterally am cramming my religion on anybody. Including any on this thread. When gh15 says that he is doing penance for his past sins so that he can stand before God with a clear conscious is he cramming his religion down your throat? I'm perfectly happy being Christian and a person's belief, be it theist, agnostic, atheist... will always "bleed over" in what they do in life because it is a person's belief system which guides how they behave and part of what defines them. Your very post proves that and I don't have any issue with it. I have an issue with those that seem angry that others don't share their beliefs and feel compelled to mock and belittle others who have a different belief system.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2011, 09:37:24 AM »
The argument was about  persons claiming to have a personal relationship with someone yet not knowing anything about them that isn't contained in a book in spite of the claim to have a current, personal relationship.

Your comparison of Socrates doesn't fit the criteria in my opinion.  

You believe that because something comes from a book it somehow diminishes it's value. Most of what we know comes from books.

People claim to have a personal relationship with God. I am one of them. I know people who have personal relationships with their rifles. Some have it with some good chain or rabbit's foot blessed by a dead relative. You think it is silly. I understand. But can you live with it?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2011, 09:45:07 AM »
You believe that because something comes from a book it somehow diminishes it's value. Most of what we know comes from books.

People claim to have a personal relationship with God. I am one of them. I know people who have personal relationships with their rifles. Some have it with some good chain or rabbit's foot blessed by a dead relative. You think it is silly. I understand. But can you live with it?

If you have a personal relationship with god, ask him why he allows 4 ad 5 yr olds to be molested on a regular basis by uncle Bob and step dad Bill. All I ever get is "god has a plan"

Ask God why he allows children to die of cancer before they see 10, or starve to death by 7. I'm curious. Because some people say God helped them get a promotion, or succeed in business, or win a boxing match or football game and I just wonder, if he can do those things, why can't he stop Mom from burning little Suzy with a cigarette?