Author Topic: School Allows Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish, Parents Offended  (Read 3431 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: School Allows Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish, Parents Offended
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 09:16:32 AM »
I think Eyeball said he would. 

Are you sure it wasn't Mons Venus? He probably is too busy with dungeons and dragons.

Maybe Lurker would. Oops, what am I thinking. He is a polesmoker.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2010, 09:39:44 AM »
Why is their outrage over this?  There is NO Official language in the United States.  None.  If someone wants to recite the pledge in Swahili it's still the pledge.  It's not like they are desecrating the flag or anything.  As long as they say it correctly i really don't see what there is to be upset about, other than xenophobia taking charge here.
Abandon every hope...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2010, 10:22:54 AM »
Why is their outrage over this?  There is NO Official language in the United States.  None.  If someone wants to recite the pledge in Swahili it's still the pledge.  It's not like they are desecrating the flag or anything.  As long as they say it correctly i really don't see what there is to be upset about, other than xenophobia taking charge here.
while I agree that they are pledging alligience to the flag and thats good

read this...

jagson if you cant communicate it makes it extremely hard to interact with one another...seeing as the majority of this country speaks english it would behoove someone who wants to assimilate themselves into this society to learn english...

if they dont want to assimilate they need to GET THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 10:24:49 AM »
The majority of this world speaks English, and at least one other language.  The majority of Americans speak only English, and barely.  I believe we will all speak English in Heaven, for the sake of Americans.     :)
LOL nice straw man...the majority of ppl learn the language that is prevelant in their society in order to help communicate....the language prevelant in our society is english and thats what needs to be learned

Im not saying stop talking spanish what Im saying is LEARN ENGLISH......

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 11:04:59 AM »
psst: It's not the inability to speak the native tongue that makes people call them "ugly Americans".
It's for reasons far more pervasive and substantive than that. Think "Bullet" from the OC and arrogant hubris.

pssssst, I was just using that as an example.  Have you ever been allowed to leave Canada, or are you quarantined?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2010, 12:12:32 PM »
LOL nice straw man...the majority of ppl learn the language that is prevelant in their society in order to help communicate....the language prevelant in our society is english and thats what needs to be learned

Im not saying stop talking spanish what Im saying is LEARN ENGLISH......

Is that why?  So if/when Spanish goes from being 2nd to being the language prevalent in your society, will you learn Spanish?   :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2010, 12:13:19 PM »
What country are you in?  Case closed.

What country am I in?  What does that have to do with anything?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2010, 12:15:22 PM »
They are roaches. Which is why they need to be stopped at all costs.

Hispanics are not roaches.  I said Hispanics spread like roaches because they have a healthy birth rate, unlike Americans to have a declining birth rate.  Some day, not far away, Dario won't be able to find work in the US until he learns Spanish.     :)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2010, 12:45:54 PM »
Hispanics are not roaches.  I said Hispanics spread like roaches because they have a healthy birth rate, unlike Americans to have a declining birth rate.  Some day, not far away, Dario won't be able to find work in the US until he learns Spanish.     :)

No, illegal hispanics are roaches. The day that this country becomes overflooded with illegal hispanics to the point that people would be forced to learn Spanish, that is the day that the USA becomes a third rate country like Mexico. When that happens, it is time to get out and leave the degenerates to use up all the resources of this country, to bring it down to poverty like they have done in their own countries and to invade Canada once they can't sustain themselves. Or Russia can do the USA a favor and fumigate it with its nukes. The latter option is favorable to having people who can't  resolve their economic problems take over the greatest nation on earth.

Yo hablo Español. Es por eso que yo puedo comunicarme con gentes de ambos puntos de vistas. No tengo problema con la persona que se esfuerza para llegar a esta gran nacion, asimilar, y contribuir. Pero el arrogante criminal que viene aqui para estar mandando todo lo que tiene a su nacion en ves de apoyar la economia de USA y se pasa con estupidezes, al tal, se debe deportar. Como hace el toilet de Mexico que deporta a todos los ilegales. El dia que esta nacion caiga en manos de solamente los hispanos, es el dia que deja de ser una gran nacion y terminara como Mexico, Guatemala, Venezuela, Honduras y todo el resto de las porquerias de Centro y Sur America.  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2010, 01:26:31 PM »
Is that why?  So if/when Spanish goes from being 2nd to being the language prevalent in your society, will you learn Spanish?   :)
here is the thing LOCO if ppl assimilate themselves to OUR society then spanish wont become the prevalent language in AMERICA  ::)

and if the dont want to assimilate to our society THEY NEED TO GET THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)  8)

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2010, 01:38:34 PM »
here is the thing LOCO if ppl assimilate themselves to OUR society then spanish wont become the prevalent language in AMERICA  ::)

and if the dont want to assimilate to our society THEY NEED TO GET THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)  8)

Doesn't the constitution afford them the right to speak whatever language they please?  They have freedom of speech.  There is no official language so it isn't a hard argument to make that they are afforded that right in America to speak whatever language they wish.
Abandon every hope...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »
Doesn't the constitution afford them the right to speak whatever language they please?  They have freedom of speech.  There is no official language so it isn't a hard argument to make that they are afforded that right in America to speak whatever language they wish.
ONCE AGAIN I am not saying that they shouldnt speak spanish WHAT IM SAYING IS THAT THEY SHOULD LEARN ENGLISH AS WELL

that way they can assimilate into OUR society...why should we accomidate them? they are the ones coming into our society so they should be the ones to learn how to communicate not us by giving govt documents in spanish... ::)

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2010, 02:27:30 PM »
ONCE AGAIN I am not saying that they shouldnt speak spanish WHAT IM SAYING IS THAT THEY SHOULD LEARN ENGLISH AS WELL

that way they can assimilate into OUR society...why should we accomidate them? they are the ones coming into our society so they should be the ones to learn how to communicate not us by giving govt documents in spanish... ::)

Where did it say these students weren't being taught to speak English?  The principal said in an effort to make them feel comfortable, you know not alienated, he allows them to say it in Spanish.  It's not like they are letting them write their essays in Spanish, it's an olive branch and i would imagine it's very effective at making those kids who are learning English feel more at home and welcome in the United States.  These are kids after all and learning in a culture of acceptance is far more productive than one of fear and/or xenophobia.
Abandon every hope...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2010, 03:09:56 PM »
Where did it say these students weren't being taught to speak English?  The principal said in an effort to make them feel comfortable, you know not alienated, he allows them to say it in Spanish.  It's not like they are letting them write their essays in Spanish, it's an olive branch and i would imagine it's very effective at making those kids who are learning English feel more at home and welcome in the United States.  These are kids after all and learning in a culture of acceptance is far more productive than one of fear and/or xenophobia.
where did it say they were?

look how hard is it to learn the pledge? its a few sentences

an olive branch would be these ppl learning the english language and reciting the pledge in ENGLISH...

Like I said I agree that its better than them not saying the pledge but this is just more examples of ways that we accommodate immigrants in this country specifically mexican immigrants...if you dont want to assimilate GET THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!!

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2010, 03:14:15 PM »
"The principal of the school, Lee Mierow attempted to defend his actions by stating in a letter that the offer students the Spanish recitation was an attempt at helping Spanish-speaking students to understand the importance of the Pledge of Allegiance. He stated, "It is my responsibility as a principal in a public school to give every student the opportunity to learn and grow as a student, no matter what their race or religion."

How bout they "learn" English, you gimpy toolbag?!?

Forcing you to learn Spanish makes more sense.  :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 03:20:25 PM »
No, illegal hispanics are roaches. The day that this country becomes overflooded with illegal hispanics to the point that people would be forced to learn Spanish, that is the day that the USA becomes a third rate country like Mexico. When that happens, it is time to get out and leave the degenerates to use up all the resources of this country, to bring it down to poverty like they have done in their own countries and to invade Canada once they can't sustain themselves. Or Russia can do the USA a favor and fumigate it with its nukes. The latter option is favorable to having people who can't  resolve their economic problems take over the greatest nation on earth.

I agree with you, Dario!  I wasn't talking about illegal Hispanics.  I was talking about lawful permanent resident Hispanics and American citizen Hispanics.

Yo hablo Español. Es por eso que yo puedo comunicarme con gentes de ambos puntos de vistas. No tengo problema con la persona que se esfuerza para llegar a esta gran nacion, asimilar, y contribuir. Pero el arrogante criminal que viene aqui para estar mandando todo lo que tiene a su nacion en ves de apoyar la economia de USA y se pasa con estupidezes, al tal, se debe deportar. Como hace el toilet de Mexico que deporta a todos los ilegales. El dia que esta nacion caiga en manos de solamente los hispanos, es el dia que deja de ser una gran nacion y terminara como Mexico, Guatemala, Venezuela, Honduras y todo el resto de las porquerias de Centro y Sur America.  

No sabia que hablabas Español.  Muy bien!   ;D  Una vez mas, estoy de acuerdo con tigo.  Solo estoy bromeando en esta discusión.  Estoy de acuerdo que en Estados Unidos, todos deben aprender Ingles.  

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 03:23:59 PM »

Do you speak the language of the native Americans who where there first?  Did you assimilate into their society?     :)

You didn't answer my question.  If/when Spanish goes from being 2nd to being the language prevalent in your society, will you learn Spanish?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2010, 03:32:47 PM »
Do you speak the language of the native Americans who where there first?  Did you assimilate into their society?     :)

You didn't answer my question.  If/when Spanish goes from being 2nd to being the language prevalent in your society, will you learn Spanish?
I wasnt around when that happend  ::)

i did answer your question it uses false logic...you see your premise is dependent on the fact that ppl assimilate into society so therefore I should if it came to that point the problem in your logic is that we wont ever get to that point if ppl assimilated into our society that speaks english...

why should I assimilate if they dont? I wouldnt expect ppl to go out of their way to provide me with a line of communication if I went to their home, their town, state or country...why should these ppl expect us to do it?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2010, 12:53:30 AM »

No sabia que hablabas Español.  Muy bien!   ;D  Una vez mas, estoy de acuerdo con tigo.  Solo estoy bromeando en esta discusión.  Estoy de acuerdo que en Estados Unidos, todos deben aprender Ingles.  

Holy Cow!!! I didn't know I could read Spanish!!!  :o

Please tell me if my understanding is correct.

No sabia que hablabas Español.  Muy bien! = I didn't know you spoke Spanish. very good!

Una vez mas, estoy de acuerdo con tigo. =  something, I'm in agreement with you.

not sure what una vez mas means, just know it's a lyric in Iglesias's spanish version of his song hero.

Solo estoy bromeando en esta discusión. = I was only something in this discussion.

not sure what the verb "bromeando" means. I'm assume 'kidding' based on the context.

Estoy de acuerdo que en Estados Unidos, todos deben aprender Ingles. = I am in agreement that in the United States, everyone needs to learn English.

So how did I do?  :D While the pronunciation is very different, it's remarkably close to Italian & French
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2010, 12:58:30 AM »

Maybe that's his big fear? That mainstream Americans today, will go the way of the natives?  :o

Do you think maybe the Mexican swine flu is a grand conspiracy cooked up by Fox and Calderone to be the 21st century version of smallpox, and to do to Americans what the colonists and settlers did to the Indians?  :o

oh the absolute horror!!! no wonder they're so scared of hispanics!  :o
w