Author Topic: 2014 NBA - The Heat will not win it all this year.  (Read 79730 times)

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2014 NBA - The Heat will not win it all this year.
« Reply #225 on: June 02, 2014, 01:01:11 PM »
Bandwagon jumper? I've loved the Spurs since the Jordan era.

There will be no Wiggs Curse this year. This is the year we win.
Just fucking with you, Heat in 7. If Parker is or gets hurt make it 6.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #226 on: June 02, 2014, 02:36:28 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/11015503/2014-nba-finals-san-antonio-spurs-brace-rematch-miami-heat

"But we're back here. We're excited about it. We've got four more to win. We'll do it this time.

"We're happy it's the Heat again. We've got that bad taste in our mouths still."     -  TIM DUNCAN

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #227 on: June 02, 2014, 02:36:36 PM »
Championships are championships and hardware is forever.  Doesn't matter how the team was constructed.  Home grown is a nice story, but means jack shit at the end of the day if they lose.
Bullshit. As a Yankee fan, you have seen both sides.

The Yankees were a better team when they were home grown.

How are those huge contracts working out for you guys now?

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: June 02, 2014, 02:40:07 PM »
Is THIS TRUE WIGGS  ??? ??? ???

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/05/31/kobe-bryant-is-jealous-of-gregg-popvich-and-tim-duncan/

Kobe Bryant Is ‘Jealous’ of Gregg Popovich and Tim Duncan

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/05/31/kobe-bryant-is-jealous-of-gregg-popvich-and-tim-duncan/?xQzsvi3sr2aDWC2T.99

The San Antonio Spurs will continue their quest to the NBA Finals for the second straight year, looking to close the series out on the Oklahoma City Thunder‘s home court Saturday night. Unfortunately, it may finally be the last time we witness the dynamic player-coach duo of Tim Duncan and Gregg Popovich, as Duncan is expected to retire at the conclusion of this season. This duo has been incredibly successful during their 17-year reign, capturing four titles and possibly a fifth coming within the upcoming weeks.

Throughout San Antonio’s dominance, there have been multiple teams in the Western Conference, specifically, that have challenged the Spurs for years, most notably the Los Angeles Lakers. San Antonio has met Los Angeles in the playoffs a number of times leading to some epic battles primarily at the hands of Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant.

Bryant has been the only member of the Lakers to play against the Spurs’ dynasty every single year since it came into effect in the mid-90s. San Antonio struck first when they were victors of the NBA Finals in 1998-99, but Los Angeles answered back immediately, three-peating from 2000-02.

Then once Los Angeles failed to get past the Spurs in the playoffs, San Antonio went on to win the title in 2003. Basically, it was nothing but Spurs and Lakers for five straight years, beginning sort of a rivalry not only between the franchises, but between Bryant and Duncan themselves.

The Duncan-Bryant rivalry has never been a classic rivalry like a Magic Johnson-Larry Bird rivalry. It’s been more of a respect rivalry, meaning the two have mutual respect and are fueled by each others success. If Duncan wins his fifth championship, he may top Bryant as the generation’s greatest player. On the other hand, if LeBron James and the Miami Heat are crowned for the third straight year, Bryant’s five rings will be superior to Duncan’s four.

Obviously, both players are drastically different in terms of skill set, Bryant being a shooting guard and Duncan being a power forward/center. Where the two players differ the most though, is in franchise stability. San Antonio seems to be the same old Spurs year after year, while Los Angeles’ personnel are constantly changing along with the coaching staff.

Somehow, both teams still have managed to remain competitive throughout the years despite the managerial differences. However, even with Bryant’s history of success in Los Angeles, he recently told Mark Stein of ESPN that he is jealous of Duncan, stating, “I’m jealous of Tim, playing for the same historically great coach for his entire career.”

Before you begin assuming this is shots aimed towards Phil Jackson, just step back and realize Bryant has played under seven different coaches (not including interim coaches) during the entirety of his 18-year career. If my math is correct, that number averages out to be about a new coach every 2.5 years versus Duncan’s one single coach through 17 years of NBA experience. Looking back on it, I’m sure Bryant wished he could have had Jackson coach him all 18 years, the main reason being he has won all five titles under Jackson.

Furthermore, this statement comes in light of a current ongoing head coaching search being conducted by the Lakers’ front office. Learning their lesson from rushing into the Mike D’Antoni hire, Los Angeles has been taking their sweet ol’ time in selecting who will hopefully be Bryant’s final coach of his career. If it’s not, Laker fans are in for a rocky future.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/05/31/kobe-bryant-is-jealous-of-gregg-popvich-and-tim-duncan/?xQzsvi3sr2aDWC2T.99

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #229 on: June 02, 2014, 02:57:54 PM »
Now, who does the crooked ass NBA rooting for?

A glorious retirement for duncan, the storybook ending?  A 7 game series with Duncan winning and sailing off into the sunset a winner?

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: June 02, 2014, 03:01:51 PM »
Now, who does the crooked ass NBA rooting for?

A glorious retirement for duncan, the storybook ending?  A 7 game series with Duncan winning and sailing off into the sunset a winner?

The Jerome bettis Gift  ??? ???

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24447691/tim-duncan-to-retire-after-this-season

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: June 02, 2014, 03:06:36 PM »
The Jerome bettis Gift  ??? ???

exactly.  And him announcing it 3 days before the Finals gives the NBA a little time to orchestrate whether it ends in Miami in 6, or SA in 7 games.  The NBA totally hates when a team wins the title on the road.  and while "lebron wins another..." is a cool story, nothing spells an amazing story more than Duncan and possibly parker and/or ginobli retiring together with a title.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: June 02, 2014, 03:58:39 PM »
I will be a Spurs fan for the next two weeks. They represent a true team. Not the Heat who have a 12th man (Rashard Lewis) who was a former all-star and 100 million dollar man.  ::)

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #233 on: June 02, 2014, 04:52:33 PM »
Championships are championships and hardware is forever.  Doesn't matter how the team was constructed.  Home grown is a nice story, but means jack shit at the end of the day if they lose.
owned. they will always make excuses.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #234 on: June 02, 2014, 05:39:57 PM »
I will be a Spurs fan for the next two weeks. They represent a true team. Not the Heat who have a 12th man (Rashard Lewis) who was a former all-star and 100 million dollar man.  ::)
Suppose the Pacers got Lebron then what would you be saying?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: June 02, 2014, 05:43:19 PM »
Suppose the Pacers got Lebron then what would you be saying?
Go King James!!!!!!  ;D

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #236 on: June 02, 2014, 06:33:39 PM »
Spurs gave a gift last year to the heat..

Won't happen this year!!!

GO SPURS!!!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #237 on: June 02, 2014, 07:10:42 PM »

GO SPURS!!!

But their aging core is another year older.  :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: June 02, 2014, 07:55:04 PM »
But their aging core is another year older.  :-\

True.  Durant and friends played like total crap... watching Game 6 now on replay... wow, they're idiots... dumb basketball all around.. and it still went down to the final seconds of OT.   SA isn't good at dealing with young athleticism, they just played smarter and Durant/westbrook have a combined basketball IQ of -200.  All the talent in the world, but no brains... and they probably win this series if Ibaku lets them steal game 1 or 2.

Luckily, SA does move up their game as the playoffs progress.  Miami doesn't really bother. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #239 on: June 03, 2014, 07:18:31 AM »

GO SPURS!!!

DId you see the Mavs blow two huge leads in the opening series?  They should have easily knocked out the Spurs.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #240 on: June 03, 2014, 08:27:21 AM »
So far every prediction I've made has come to pass. Here it is one more time Heat in 7!!!!!!!!!!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #241 on: June 03, 2014, 08:40:39 AM »
True.  Durant and friends played like total crap... watching Game 6 now on replay... wow, they're idiots... dumb basketball all around.. and it still went down to the final seconds of OT.   SA isn't good at dealing with young athleticism, they just played smarter and Durant/westbrook have a combined basketball IQ of -200.  All the talent in the world, but no brains... and they probably win this series if Ibaku lets them steal game 1 or 2.

Luckily, SA does move up their game as the playoffs progress.  Miami doesn't really bother. 

Dumb Blazers Part II

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #242 on: June 03, 2014, 10:37:42 AM »
I will cry like a baby when ma' man Tim Duncan retires. This man provided alot of great ball, leadership and did it the right way. A very model citizen. Best Power Forward of all time.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #243 on: June 03, 2014, 10:44:05 AM »
Yes Duncan is one of my all-time favorite players, great sportsman.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #244 on: June 03, 2014, 02:50:13 PM »
Duncan nice guy, Maybe the greatest Power Forward, but boring.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: June 03, 2014, 03:30:19 PM »
Durant has no fire in him.  Like he's just playing it out til he can get outta town and go someplace he really wants to be.  Insanely calm when he lost that ball to blow the game. 

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: June 03, 2014, 03:41:44 PM »
it would be painful to see spurs lose again. Let's not forget they should have won last year hadnt they made newbie mistakes right in the end that cost them the title.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #247 on: June 04, 2014, 12:02:59 AM »
Durant has no fire in him.  Like he's just playing it out til he can get outta town and go someplace he really wants to be.  Insanely calm when he lost that ball to blow the game. 

got paid too early like jamarcus russell.  how much fire would you have if the money was on the table before you had to perform?  fuck, that's 90% of the NBA.   i will not watch the product.

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: June 04, 2014, 05:23:56 AM »
DId you see the Mavs blow two huge leads in the opening series?  They should have easily knocked out the Spurs.

Yep.. I think the spurs have a better chance this year against the heat..

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: June 04, 2014, 05:25:10 AM »
it would be painful to see spurs lose again. Let's not forget they should have won last year hadnt they made newbie mistakes right in the end that cost them the title.

X2

QFT