Author Topic: Tom Petty - PIP  (Read 13048 times)

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
Re: Tom Petty - PIP
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2017, 04:54:26 PM »
His bench numbers were laughable, but he was a terrific musician.
K

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2017, 05:59:23 PM »
Me either

That's cause you have no taste or class .   You enjoy music for thuggies

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2017, 06:04:09 PM »
elevator music.

you made your point known more than once here gimmick.

Now fuck off and let the adults talk
"

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2017, 09:08:28 PM »
Finally got to see him in concert this year in April. He put on a great show. He was the cool version of Eddie Money

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2018, 02:18:46 AM »
Quite the death stack... 3 types of fentanyl!  Also note the use of 'doctors' plural - is it likely one physician would prescribe all of these?  Or was Tom possibly shopping around...?

"Tom Petty's autopsy results are in, and they show the singer died from an accidental drug overdose as a result of taking a variety of medications.

The L.A. County Coroner says a number of Tom's organs failed due to "mixed drug toxicity."

Tom's autopsy report shows the singer was on several pain meds, including Fentanyl patches, oxycodone (Oxycontin), temazepam (Restoril), alprazolam (Xanax), citalopram (Celexa), acetyl fentanyl and despropionyl fentanyl. The reason doctors prescribed the meds was because of a number of medical problems, including emphysema, knee problems and a fractured hip."

http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/19/tom-petty-autopsy-results-cause-of-death-drug-overdose/
T

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2018, 02:27:30 AM »
space cadet loser

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2018, 02:42:47 AM »
space cadet loser
Ok. Killer. Guy's been giving pleasure to audiences since, whenever. He's a serious B-plus rock musician.OK. Saw him in concert - easily rose above his limitations.  Never gonna be a Jimi, or a zepplin, but, boy, if they  ever come 'round your way -  see them. These guys can play, and they have fun.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2018, 03:06:13 AM »
had no idea the guy was dead

what would you call the genre? homo-pop?

lol yup

Elvis_McCartney

• Getbig II
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2018, 06:10:09 AM »
Damn, didn't have to die.  RIP

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2018, 08:24:11 AM »
Yet another opioid addict.

Pathetic.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2018, 08:24:14 AM »
At least you can say he didn't feel it. Geesh.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2018, 08:49:26 AM »
Quite the death stack... 3 types of fentanyl!  Also note the use of 'doctors' plural - is it likely one physician would prescribe all of these?  Or was Tom possibly shopping around...?

"Tom Petty's autopsy results are in, and they show the singer died from an accidental drug overdose as a result of taking a variety of medications.

The L.A. County Coroner says a number of Tom's organs failed due to "mixed drug toxicity."

Tom's autopsy report shows the singer was on several pain meds, including Fentanyl patches, oxycodone (Oxycontin), temazepam (Restoril), alprazolam (Xanax), citalopram (Celexa), acetyl fentanyl and despropionyl fentanyl. The reason doctors prescribed the meds was because of a number of medical problems, including emphysema, knee problems and a fractured hip."

http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/19/tom-petty-autopsy-results-cause-of-death-drug-overdose/

I wonder of this will be the cause of Dolores O'Riordan's death. She had back probs.

I have spine issues and you know better then to mix these death cocktails. They throw around "accidental" way too often.

I would say he was doing a little shopping or had a special doc friend.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2018, 08:56:42 AM »
Damn. That's a lot of prescriptions.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2018, 09:11:01 AM »
I wonder of this will be the cause of Dolores O'Riordan's death. She had back probs.

I have spine issues and you know better then to mix these death cocktails. They throw around "accidental" way too often.

Totally agree about the use of the term 'accidental' - had a relative die under general anaesthetic, that was an accident.  If I self-medicate with 3+ different types of opiods, fentanyl and benzos, is it really an accident?  If it's really pain you're taking it for, get medical professionals involved, don't just "up the dose" for goodness sake...

I think (perhaps) what also might feed into this is if you have have the sort of career where you really don't have to get up every day to satisfy a boss - like a pop star - you can choose just to stay in bed or wander round your mansion and get f**ked up, so they do.

Damn. That's a lot of prescriptions.

Yep - you'd think in the age of the interwebz it would be simple for a doc to check online to make sure his patient isn't already being prescribed something by someone else that may suggest contraindications.  Just trusting the patient to be honest seems fraught with dangerous possibilities...

T

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2018, 09:26:25 AM »
Quite the death stack... 3 types of fentanyl!  Also note the use of 'doctors' plural - is it likely one physician would prescribe all of these?  Or was Tom possibly shopping around...?

There is no prescription for stupid.  There's no cure for stupid.  You just have to take control of yourself or lose everything as Petty did. 
Bummer as I enjoyed much of his music.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2018, 08:40:54 AM »
I just hope he was saved.
K

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2018, 09:27:15 AM »
I saw his last interview. He was asked about doing another tour. He said we will see, I have to get my hip surgery completed. Sounds like he was in pain for sure. Could be he took some forgot then took some more? I know he liked his weed not sure he was a junkie for any drugs, but who knows. Tom Petty music will live on, he was a talent for sure.
h

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2018, 12:59:24 AM »
I saw his last interview. He was asked about doing another tour. He said we will see, I have to get my hip surgery completed. Sounds like he was in pain for sure. Could be he took some forgot then took some more? I know he liked his weed not sure he was a junkie for any drugs, but who knows. Tom Petty music will live on, he was a talent for sure.

He had a heroin habit in the 70s/80s. Dangerous to take pain pills with that predisposition. The docs are stupid or star struck for giving him all that.

I worked with a woman that had scripts for tons of pills. Sales job... She would come to work and take a pill and forget and take more...by end of day she was slobbering on her desk.

I had to take her to hospital for a "random drug test" for her and "I" ....she had scripts for all of it so didn't get fired.

Yeah, yeah - Matt C/ESF post of peace...but true story.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2018, 06:26:42 AM »
im addicted to pussy
A

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2018, 06:35:09 AM »
There is no prescription for stupid.  There's no cure for stupid.  You just have to take control of yourself or lose everything as Petty did. 
Bummer as I enjoyed much of his music.

Regardless of fame or riches, people seem to need some type of crutch or vice to get through life. 

I will never understand these weak-minded people who become drug dependents.