Author Topic: Rashad versus Chuck  (Read 8589 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: Rashad versus Chuck
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 03:26:30 AM »
I thought you might actually be a black dude for a second until you used the word "tool". I've never heard a brutha use that word before.  ;)
You need to get out more...I use it from time to time.  ;)
!

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 06:19:35 AM »
Watch the video quick before it gets deleted.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 07:29:13 AM »
I loveit when the so-called experts say who is going to win cause they know "first hand" or whatever and then their fighter gets KTFO.
No Worries 4 me

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 07:40:25 AM »
looks like 205 just got another name thrown in the hat....

205 5 years ago was pretty thin talent wise, and now it's absolutely stacked....

chuck dos'nt do well with the brothers !

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 07:41:52 AM »
Chuck looking a bit chunky there, does he even train anymore?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 09:03:54 AM »
i notice i am the only one to pick rashad to beat chuck.

I feel chuck is on the slide big time and that unless he catches rashad who has a great chin

rashad will grind out a boring points decision

Nice pick Bigmc, I always like Rashad, but still chose Chuck. :( Rashad deserves a title shot imo.
E

UGMT

• Getbig II
  • Fortune favors the bold...
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 09:13:08 AM »
I'd like to see Rashad vs Wanderlei or Rampage vs. Rashad  instead of Wanderlei fighting Rampage for a third time. Winner of that should get Forrest.  Dana announced that Rashad is getting the title fight next against forrest but I think he should have gone up against either Wanderlei or Rampage first.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 05:45:06 PM »
I gotta admit- I never even though Rashad would knock out Liddell. I figured the only way he'd win is if the fight went to a decision. Damn that was one hell of a punch.

That KO was nastier than the one rampage landed.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2008, 05:53:59 PM »
Chuck's done. The cat's outta the bag. Rashad got some quick hands and chuck helds his chin up so high and his hands so low it's hard to miss.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 06:24:08 AM »
Here's the end:

Z

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 12:18:10 PM »
Chuck's done. The cat's outta the bag. Rashad got some quick hands and chuck helds his chin up so high and his hands so low it's hard to miss.

brutal total change of opinion

i thought you were an expert on mma

mr chucks only been beaten once
T

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 02:34:17 PM »
Rashad used that punch well, it wasn't a "lucky" punch the way everyone claims.  I counted at least six times that Rashad went for that overhand before it landed.  Tito used that same punch succesfully in both his fights with Chuck (although he has pillows for fists), as did Rampage in their first fight in Pride, Jardine dropped Chuck with that same punch, and Randy used it well in his win over Chuck as well.  I admit I didn't think Rashad was capable KO'ing Chuck, but i'm glad he did  (it was on the button).  I thought Chuck would comeout, press the pace and Rashad would be elusive and Chuck would win via Dec.  I was wrong, Rashad deserves the win, I met him last April, he was cool as shit, good for him.  I like the way after he landed that right he cleaned up with the left, too bad he wouldn't need it because Chuck was already asleep.  Nice upset.
Predictions
 40/61

Dball

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 03:00:50 PM »
I didn't think Rashad had it in him.  :-\ I gotta hand it to him.  The punch was fast and clean, close to the body for power and control and landed in the perfect spot. I was floored, although not in the same way Chuck was...  Good job to Rashad.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 04:29:21 PM »

mr chucks only been beaten once

no !

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 01:38:52 AM »
About the only upset in that show,very predictable,  I think 7 or 8 of the fights was won by the favorites. As good a punch that was, I blame Chuck for sticking his chin up like that... not the first time so we should've seen that coming. I say he's done, watch for him to retire... he'll be 39 in a few months and no, he ain't no Randy.

Unless they will keep paying him $500,000 a fight, then he might stick around  ;)
Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 10:00:20 AM »
About the only upset in that show,very predictable,  I think 7 or 8 of the fights was won by the favorites. As good a punch that was, I blame Chuck for sticking his chin up like that... not the first time so we should've seen that coming. I say he's done, watch for him to retire... he'll be 39 in a few months and no, he ain't no Randy.

Pelligrino was the underdog against Tavares, and Chuck isn't going to retire, all that happened was that Rashad got a counter puncher by nature (Chuck), to move foward, that's what Randy did the first time they fought, that's what Quinton did(both times), that's what Jardine did.  They took Chuck out of his element, and the holes presented themselves.
Predictions
 40/61

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 10:17:51 AM »
We'll see, I don't know what his contract looks like, I'm sure he sticks around if they're gonna continue to pay that kinda money. But other than that, he doesn't have much going for him. 39 years old in a few months and and he has lost 3 outta his 4 last fights. And his only win was a decision win, the first in 5 years. The old Chuck is gone.

Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 11:09:38 AM »
We'll see, I don't know what his contract looks like, I'm sure he sticks around if they're gonna continue to pay that kinda money. But other than that, he doesn't have much going for him. 39 years old in a few months and and he has lost 3 outta his 4 last fights. And his only win was a decision win, the first in 5 years. The old Chuck is gone.

Chuck's got a few more in him, you should quit using fight finder as your bible, it's nauseating.
Predictions
 40/61

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 11:25:06 AM »
Chuck's got a few more in him, you should quit using fight finder as your bible, it's nauseating.

I think its a clear signal that Liddell needs to start training at other camps and work with others besides John Hackleman.  He's sort of like Tyson ( at the latter stage of his career) - still relying on that big punch to get the job done.

At the rate he's going he may end up like Tito. I'm not going to bash liddell. I think he still has the potential if he evolves his skill set. 

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 11:46:56 AM »
Chuck is definitely not finished. Although, this KO is gonna take some mental rebuilding for Chucky. I picked Chucky because he is a bad ass period, and he is always going to be one of my favorite fighters: win or lose. I definitely like Evans too, but I had to pick one to win. Damn good KO......

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2008, 01:46:34 PM »
Chuck is definitely not finished. Although, this KO is gonna take some mental rebuilding for Chucky. I picked Chucky because he is a bad ass period, and he is always going to be one of my favorite fighters: win or lose. I definitely like Evans too, but I had to pick one to win. Damn good KO......

chuck will always be one shot away from ending a fight and that won't change for another 5 years or so

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2008, 12:39:28 AM »
I don't see Chuck losing this fight. He only lost once by decision and a split decision at that against Jardine

apparently bluto never said this  ::)
T

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2008, 05:52:59 AM »
apparently bluto never said this  ::)

That quote is taken outta context.

That's said as a response to the claim that Rashad would win by decision. I didn't think he would, he didn't, and I pointed out Chuck only had once decision loss.
Z

ASJChaotic

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2008, 12:26:23 PM »
chuck liddell is over rated and over hyped
he is only famous cuz he beat randy.....a wretler  ::)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2008, 01:46:09 PM »
chuck liddell is over rated and over hyped
he is only famous cuz he beat randy.....a wretler  ::)

Chuck killed everyone in that weight class for quite some time.. That would be like calling Rich Franklin Over-rated, or calling Matt Hughes in his prime over-rated or even GSP? I don't get how anyone could make this claim, but to each their own.