Author Topic: anyone had ssri (antidepressant) withdrawal?  (Read 2321 times)

axestream

• Getbig IV
Re: anyone had ssri (antidepressant) withdrawal?
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 03:34:33 PM »
There has been numerous suicides coming off antidepressants particular Zoloft. They mess you up except a few that truly need them. Alot of times a doctor will just give you them if depressed but alot of times life circumstances is what is depressing them so a change of life is in order not medication.

Zoloft withdrawal ain't shit compared to Effexor. For me Prozac, Effexor, Zoloft were good the first 4-5 months after that the side-effects slowly but surely started outweighing the pro's.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2013, 03:43:31 PM »
all in good fun...

but in all seriousness a real man gets help when and where he can get it...good luck bro

there is no help, you just need to ride it out and stay positive

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2013, 03:47:31 PM »
i dont know anyone called wes or fallsview

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2013, 04:22:21 PM »
which one were you taking?  Well yes, the brain needs to re-learn how to deal with emotions after stopping the med, because it hits you from all angles, brain needs some time to regroup.

Cipralex - don't know under what brand name it's sold in the US.
Was on them for about 6 years+ and been off now for about 1 year.
It's a daily chore to regain ground.

dustin

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2013, 04:31:45 PM »
I took Celexa in high school and it made my depression worse. When I came off I had withdrawal and remember convulsing in the bathroom floor in cold sweats all night. I tried kicking the door and banging the sink so my parents would hear and come to my rescue but they couldn't hear. I was probably laying there for 24 hours before I recovered enough to crawl to bed. It was fucking miserable.

Shortly after that all the black label warnings came out and shit. I got some "brain zaps" after that as well. I don't like messing with that shit. Best to work it out mentally and without all the drugs.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2013, 04:50:23 PM »

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2013, 07:23:33 PM »
you need to have a clear goal in life , in order to not have mania or depression

the only goal in my life is to last longer than others so i can understand and learn all i can in life

this is a humbling goal, and isnt asking for much just merely stick around without pain because all i want to do is learn.

it seems we are here to learn the numerous abundance of things, you can only be entertained so much to the point where everything seems rehased

however when it comes to learning, its not redudant but there is an extreme abundance, its not easy asking questions about what next useful thing i should learn

so just stick around and dont feel depressed if all there is to do tonite is watch BET awards and contemplate your next move
A

whitewidow

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2013, 08:01:30 PM »
They gave me prozac and ativan once when I was like 26 and the prozac was horrible. I know it takes a few weeks to build up in the blood but it was still awful and I had no need for a SSRI now the ativan was what my brain wanted or even now I am on xanax wich is a much stronger benzo but when I went in for my monthly check-up I had been on the prozac for 45 days and my blood pressure was sky high. I wanted off the prozac anyway that was one reason I made the apponitment and I also wanted a better benzo then the ativan and even after just 40-45 days of being on just 20mg of prozac the dr. insisted I taper off. I told him I didn't think I would need to taper off since it had only just began to kick in and I was still only taking 20mg in the morning plus I was still going to be on the benzos but he made me take 10mg prozac tabs for  I think 10 days then stop using them.
If you really want a horrible time go off a real high dose of oxycontin and xanax like I did and see how that feels-lol I did it and I took that horrible withdrawal for 5 days before I broke down and took some oxycontin again and I thought how crazy it was to go off cold turkey like that. I didn't really want to be on the meds anymore but I really do need them. My back is super fucked . all the discs have worn down to shit and I have a fractured T12 and then my I was also diagnosed with general anxiety and the xanax works very well especially if you have sleeping issues that are caused by anxiety. hell the xanax makes everything better-IMO.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 05:09:43 AM »
It seems everyone is on crap today. Do you think in the Middle East, South America, China, India and Africa they are loading up on anti anxiety and anti depressant drugs?  Everyone has an ailment now. In Africa they are running away from lions wondering when their next meal is going to be and no one is depressed. In the US everyone is depressed because they don't have a house with a built in swimming pool and a corner office at work.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 05:12:28 AM »
It seems everyone is on crap today. Do you think in the Middle East, South America, China, India and Africa they are loading up on anti anxiety and anti depressant drugs?  Everyone has an ailment now. In Africa they are running away from lions wondering when their next meal is going to be and no one is depressed. In the US everyone is depressed because they don't have a house with a built in swimming pool and a corner office at work.

it all starts with stress. Stress is a modern day plague.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 05:20:27 AM »

It's a side effect of a degenerate society - social engineering plays a big part in this along with various chemicals in goods(foods, medicine) consumed/used by the population. Media tops it off with its eternal assault on the mind.