Author Topic: Phil Heath 10 Mr olympias?  (Read 13239 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Phil Heath 10 Mr olympias?
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2012, 10:34:42 PM »
True but bodybuilders don't move up the ladder 1 rung at a time, they come out of no where and some spring into action in giant leaps. Both Levrone and Wheeler 2nd in their Olympia debut, more importantly Levrone did it within 26 months of his first show ever, then Mike Francois came in winning 4 Pro shows rookie year, Ronnie went from 9th to first in a year, Cutler made a giant leap coming in second in 01, Gunter didn't even qualify for the Olympia the year he beat Ronnie, Gustavo came 3rd at the Olympia leap frogging everyone, and let's not forget how fast Phil got to the top, 5 years as a pro. Anyone can step up to the plate in a few years time. 10 years is impossible to claim in a sport like this, not to mention last years line up was very weak, let's see if Phil can do a second before we start thinking he has a lock on the title

Ronnie has a much slower climb to the top. He went from "16th" in '92; he didn't qualify in '93; he placed 15th in '94, 10th in '95, 6th in '96, and 9th in '97, before winning in '98.

I never claimed that Heath had a lock on the title. One of the reasons for that is this whole "knock the champ out" business is done. Nowadays, if you are the defending champ but are off, YOU WILL LOSE. Heck, you can be on the money and still lose, as Jackson did in 2009.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2012, 10:36:47 PM »
The forgotten Mr. Olympia. Dexter gets no respect..

I beg to differ. He beat Cutler, pure and simple. He won the 2008 Mr. Olympia and no one can take that from him. He did what Wheeler, Ray, Levrone, Gaspari, Labrada, and Robinson couldn't do.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2012, 10:40:51 PM »
Ronnie has a much slower climb to the top. He went from "16th" in '92; he didn't qualify in '93; he placed 15th in '94, 10th in '95, 6th in '96, and 9th in '97, before winning in '98.

I never claimed that Heath had a lock on the title. One of the reasons for that is this whole "knock the champ out" business is done. Nowadays, if you are the defending champ but are off, YOU WILL LOSE. Heck, you can be on the money and still lose, as Jackson did in 2009.
slower climb, yes but not steady, he leaped to the front more or less at the end of his climb and sorry if I directed the entire post at you, I was mostly targetting the ones that think Phil can lock in the title for ten years. ;)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2012, 10:46:06 PM »
slower climb, yes but not steady, he leaped to the front more or less at the end of his climb and sorry if I directed the entire post at you, I was mostly targetting the ones that think Phil can lock in the title for ten years. ;)

How is going from "16th" to 1st in six years NOT steady? He went backward from '97, dropping from 6th to 9th. Aside from that, his progression was steadily upward.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2012, 11:07:08 PM »
How is going from "16th" to 1st in six years NOT steady? He went backward from '97, dropping from 6th to 9th. Aside from that, his progression was steadily upward.
It doesn`t matter if he went from 9th to 1st or 6th to first, that`s not steady that's an enormous leap, ya he was steady until his giant leap but wasn`t steady all the way through something very dramatic occurred which is precisesly my point, the ones you mentioned (top Olympians) are formidable for Phil but not the only ones that pose a threat as seen in Coleman`s case jumping from 6th to first.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2012, 11:21:46 PM »
It doesn`t matter if he went from 9th to 1st or 6th to first, that`s not steady that's an enormous leap, ya he was steady until his giant leap but wasn`t steady all the way through something very dramatic occurred which is precisesly my point, the ones you mentioned (top Olympians) are formidable for Phil but not the only ones that pose a threat as seen in Coleman`s case jumping from 6th to first.

You're only counting his last Olympia or two, prior to winning, leaving out the other three appearances.

"16th", 15th, 10th, 6th, 9th, 1st. I call that steady progress, with a step backwards Where he actually placed in '92 is uncertain (to me, at least) because anyone who didn't placed in the top 15 got lumped into "16th" place.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 11:28:51 PM »
If Heath wins 10 Mr. olympias, I will pay Spermataste to give me life coaching.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2012, 11:47:15 PM »
Phil doesnt have a dominate physique. He is good, but he doesnt out muscle guys like Ronnie did. Kai can beat him, but like the OP said, im not sure if the IFBB wants Kai representing the sport based on his past. But he aint going to win 10.

Kucklo has the tools to dominate once he matures. I think he will has a chance to tie Ronnie and Haney

I'm not familiar with Kai's background. What are the details of his checkered past?

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2012, 11:50:43 PM »
 :D :D :D :D

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2012, 03:44:11 AM »
Heath's record says differently. He's placed no lower than fifth in every contest in which he's competed (and those 5th places were at the ASC and the Olympia). He won his first two pro shows, beating several top Olympia guys in the process, when he was NOWHERE NEAR the size he is now.

His first Olympia in 2008, he placed 3rd (and some believe he should have placed second behind Jackson, as he did as the ASC that year).

Now, he's Mr. Olympia. I'd say that (so far) that's dominance.

No, actually what dominance would be defined as placing no lower than 2nd in any pro show entered, winning 6 Olympias with 4 straight firsts (something Coleman wasn't able to do while winning 8) and beating out some of the prime bb'rs in the history of pro bodybuilding, ala Dorian Yates.

Heath competes once a year and beat an injured Cutler like Cutler beat an injured Coleman.  Not exactly dominating anything except the toilet paper roll.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2012, 06:17:47 AM »
You're only counting his last Olympia or two, prior to winning, leaving out the other three appearances.

"16th", 15th, 10th, 6th, 9th, 1st. I call that steady progress, with a step backwards Where he actually placed in '92 is uncertain (to me, at least) because anyone who didn't placed in the top 15 got lumped into "16th" place.

I think you need to read my post again, cause you aren`t understanding what I am saying, I agreed he was steady climbing for years but from 6th to first is not a steady climb, that is the biggest sudden jump ever and bodybuilders do this every now and then. As far as you knowing the history of Ronnies placing, well I know the history of every pro since the Olympia began in 65 so no I am not forgetting anything.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 09:38:25 AM »
No, actually what dominance would be defined as placing no lower than 2nd in any pro show entered, winning 6 Olympias with 4 straight firsts (something Coleman wasn't able to do while winning 8) and beating out some of the prime bb'rs in the history of pro bodybuilding, ala Dorian Yates.

Heath competes once a year and beat an injured Cutler like Cutler beat an injured Coleman.  Not exactly dominating anything except the toilet paper roll.

Heath's career isn't finished yet. For what he's done to date, however, I'd say that's dominance. He turns pro his first try, wins two shows his rookie year against top-10 Olympia talent. His lowest placing was 5th (at the two biggest shows in bodybuilding, only because he was off, condition-wise).

Heath won the big one, defeating a two-time ASC champion and two Mr. O's in the process, who were still contenders. As dominating (at times) as Yates was, the only former Mr. O he'd beaten was a washed up, quotation-placing, Samir Bannout.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 10:07:40 AM »

You really believe that? I think they are still obsessed with the exclusivity of the O title and it would take something unreal to dethrone Phil regardless of his build.

They only gave it to Dexter because their chosen one looked so horrific that year. Really Dex should have all most of Jays titles, with Wolf Martinez stealing a few too.
Trans Milkshake.

SomeKindofMonster

• Getbig III
  • RC is SomeKindOfMonster
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2012, 01:07:40 PM »
Phil is almost in a leauge of his own.
Only two people have a chance to beat him.
Those are Kai and Jay. Jay will have to bring a 2009
type look to be competitive and Kai will have to be ultra ripped
and bring the waist down.
As far as Evan and Kluclo they will be very much like Wolf.
They will hit a certain level and find it hard to get bigger.
Phil is so round and detailed compared to the last 2 mentioned.
Evan has a big advantage over Kluco though in the fact he
has that grainy type look that is almost entirely genetic.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2012, 11:22:39 PM »
Maybe so...

Mate

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2012, 11:30:46 PM »
Phil will look like an amateur next to Cedric.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2012, 12:31:52 AM »

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2012, 01:20:04 AM »
Look at Ronnie is his last years. Phil won't go for a longer ride than this:

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2012, 01:23:52 AM »
For the bit more detailed stuff:

Ronnie was 34 years old when he won his 1st Olympia.

Phil was 32 years old when he won his 1st Olympia.

Judging alone from that you could say, well maybe 10 Olympias.
But the chance of that is very, very low IMO.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2012, 02:08:40 AM »

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2012, 03:12:38 AM »
Ummm.....there's the little matter of Dexter Jackson beating Jay Cutler in 2008.

As far as Heath goes, name a guy with a supposedly better structure (other than Ronnie), whom Heath hasn't already beaten. He's beaten Greene; he's beaten Warren; he's beaten Cutler; he's beaten Martinez; he's beaten Wolf; he's beaten D. Jackson.

Who's left?

10 Olympias for Heath? That's a stretch, if for no other reason, because this whole "knock out the champ" mess is GONE. Prior to 2006, it'd been 22 years since a defending Mr. Olympia was beaten onstage (Haney defeating Bannout). Since then, that's happened FOUR TIMES: Jay beating Ronnie (2006); Dex beating Jay (2008); Jay beating Dex (2009); and now Phil beating Jay (2011).

Phil Heath needs another win, to establish a legacy of sorts. Unfair as it is, one-time Mr. Os don't even get the respect that certain "bridesmaids" do (i.e. Gaspari, Labrada, Ray, Levrone, Wheeler). They get more praise for coming in 2nd multiple times than do guys that won the Olympia just once.

If Jay had won 2001-2007 he would be in a much better position to receive a gift in 2008. So you have to take the judges favoritism into account.

Heath is in a great position with the weak lineups of late to receive many "nods" and make it to 8/10 O's if nothing changes.

But i think he has less chance of that than ronnie and jay had because he is small and frail after all

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2012, 03:34:37 AM »
Those are the way legs SHOULD look. not like the other 3 on stage. Huge legs was a major step back for bodybuilding and look fuckin dumb. Troy has the best build on that stage by far.
this is exactly how i feel.
big legs are shit, and awkward in day to day life...

ontopic: phil is already feeling strong winds, i'll give him another title and that's itl

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2012, 03:34:43 AM »
If Jay had won 2001-2007 he would be in a much better position to receive a gift in 2008. So you have to take the judges favoritism into account.

Heath is in a great position with the weak lineups of late to receive many "nods" and make it to 8/10 O's if nothing changes.

But i think he has less chance of that than ronnie and jay had because he is small and frail after all

in one year, Coleman went from 9th to 1st in the olympia.

in one year, Cutler went from 8th to 2nd in the olympia.

Dorian Yates' 1st time competing in the Olympia: 2nd place.

IMO intelligent amateur bodybuilders will currently smell blood because of the weak quality in the current IFBB line-up.
I think it is impossible to say that another Yates or Cutler will not suddenly appear and explode onto the scene.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2012, 04:36:14 AM »
Phil wasn't better this yr he regressed... All this fuckery bbers like to say yes I'm bigger and tighter....
Phil isn't really even 2 time mr o he cheated he refused to stand behind the line point blank and he was still beaten by Kai ...
choice is an illusion

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2012, 06:02:23 AM »
OH YA cause there will be no new bodybuilders competing at all for now on right,... 10 years? lol
None of them worth mentioning other than Cedric, Rhoden, Beyeke, and Kuclo.