Author Topic: First Annual Mr. Getbig Details! (updated 8/20)  (Read 198628 times)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
I think Luke has it figured out.   Im interested to see who else is in. I think he should post an entry thread and when a guy says hes in, thats it.
Im getting in shape anyway so its a no lose prop to me.
I'd like to compete with mindspin and meso, altho im sure some guys will show up to wreak havoc.

I think we have to show the face...theres to much risk not too. I do have freinds nationally ranked, but would never think of doing that.  What you see is me.

Spin said at least a 500 post count also from this date out.  I think there are many nat'l competitors who would show up just for the publicity.....especially if this gets a mention in the mags.   All the non-regulars jumping in wouldnt be fair.

This would not just be an overall bodybuilding comp tho.   Some will win just for improvement and this will increase the numbers knowing theres  differt catagories.
This would mean pics at week 1,   week 8,  week 12, for finals.

Ideally i wish it stayed natural on the honor system...but thats a perfect world.
So i propose an entry fee of 25 or 50 dollars.    And the winner of said event has a mandotory blood or urine test by independant agency.  The entry fee and cancelation fees would cover expenses and the rest divided among catagory winners.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
very good post,good points
R

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.

Then why is your ID  " Dorkaroo??"

Shoot I am exposed. However, so you are a four legged animal with a saddle on his back trained to run into war? You like guys riding you?  :P

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Here a little love. :o

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I'm seriously willing to throw in a few $$$$ (20 max) if we can make this a "Pro Event" and award any cash collected to the overall winner or split it fairly as determined by the event organizer who should have the final say in such matters.

The partically "unserious" part of this post is that the contenders should appoint an "Athletes' Rep" in lieu of a "Liason" who should work closely and hand in hand with the event organizer to ensure that the athletes' interests are well taken care of.

In fact it might be of great interest to run this first event in the exact manner in which most of us feel the current and upcoming organizations should be run for the athletes, fans, and whatever "orginization" developes from this effort.

Maybe we can set the example and teach the IFBB and the PDI a couple of things or two. (Proper sentence structure not being one of them.)

I'm all for Luke proceeding in the proper direction.

littleguns

• Getbig V
Let's get it on.

Alexx will probably win. As we all know your body makes the best improvement when you start working out and this may be a good reason for Alexx to start lifting...

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Shoot I am exposed. However, so you are a four legged animal with a saddle on his back trained to run into war? You like guys riding you?  :P

LOL, good point. ;D

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.

You know we now have to figure out eachotehr's IP's, respective locations and call eachother out for a fight now right? As per getbig's apparent standing rules :P

I mean you aren't that big... :P

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
R

War-Horse

• Getbig V
You know we now have to figure out eachotehr's IP's, respective locations and call eachother out for a fight now right? As per getbig's apparent standing rules :P

I mean you aren't that big... :P

Yes, thats the usual pattern.lol.

And no, im not that big.  about 4'10" and bottom of the bantamweight class....132lbs or so. 8)

littleguns

• Getbig V
I think that in "Members pictures"

There should be individual threads made and locked so that no one can flame and every week or (determined time frame) the participant emails pictures to a mod to be added to their profile....

If you want to flame, add criticism email that person directly and it is up to the competitor to befriend you or tell you to "F" off...

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
i thought you said you were in your early 20's.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
i thought you said you were in your early 20's.

Hahaha.  Ive never said that.   Im 41.......this is my mid-life crisis.  Im sharing it with getbig. ;D

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
yeah, 585 squat, 565 deadlift and almost 400 bench is pretty ordinary, all of these 500lb. benchers in computer land and yet you're lucky if you see 3 or 4 guys in a whole year bench even 405 in most gyms.

Is any of this verified or is it just talk? The beauty and the beast of message boards is that you can say anything you want and you don't have to verify it.

Until I see it I'm calling bullshit on those stats. And by see it I mean a clear video showing his face closeup and showing him start and finish the lift

Oh, and I thought his deadlift was 600?

Adonis is famous for posting crazy or blurry pictures that prove nothing.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Might be best to just proceed with this event initially without creating too many categories and see how it turns out and learn from the mistakes and make it better the next time out by incorporating the necessary changes.

I've noticed a few photos of a few promising bodybuilders on here and this would be a great opportunity and a lot for fun for them and the entire GetBig community.

I'd recommend that Luke send out personal invites to all the guys and gals on here with great potential .... Avilla and Dzul and Warhorse are a few that I recall but there are others whom I presently forget. (Sorry)

If this works, it could be the biggest story since the Titus chapters/saga.

One last recommendation ..... Let's consider the possibility of supporting the winner by sending him/her to one of the National contests or a National Qualifier. I think that the winner will prove physically capable of representing GetBig.Com in one of these events.

Good Luck, Luke. Let me know if you need any help. I think that this is a great idea.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
lookin thick bro

Thanks man.  Youve got some artillary too!!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Might be best to just proceed with this event initially without creating too many categories and see how it turns out and learn from the mistakes and make it better the next time out by incorporating the necessary changes.

I've notice a few photos of a few promising bodybuilders on here and this would be a great opportunity and a lot for fun for them and the entire GetBig community.

I'd recommend that Luke send out personal invites to all the guys and gals on here with great potential .... Avilla and Dzul are two that I recall but there are others whom I presently forget. (Sorry)

If this works, it could be the biggest story since the Titus chapters.

One last recommendation ..... Let's consider the possibility of supporting the winner by sending him/her to one of the National contests or a National Qualifier. I think that the winner will prove physically capable of representing GetBig.Com in one of these events.

Good Luck, Luke. Let me know if you need any help. I think that this is a great idea.

I think it should stay natty or clean for 2-5 yrs.   Mandotory blood an urine test at end for overall winner.  This makes it realistic for common masses.
The druggies already have all the publicity....why give them more?
Im going to watch the USA's and Olympia this year so that s all i need of the enhanced human versions.

I agree maybe one bodybuilding catagory,  one improvement catagory...thats it.  Ironeck doesnt need  a teen cat, cuz i think hell kick alot of ass on here anyway.

Lets keep this as adonis proposed.   natural getbiggers. willing to be tested at end, by independant agency.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Hahaha.  Ive never said that.   Im 41.......this is my mid-life crisis.  Im sharing it with getbig. ;D

im 41 myself,i keep telling myself that ole saying that life begins at 40,ive convinced my mind of that but my joints and ligaments dont seem to agree with that saying ;D.im doing the mid life crisis thing myself,cruisin the sports car trying to look young 8)
R

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
This thread is out of control.

littleguns

• Getbig V
I think we should first designate someone in charge..someone that is not competing

have contestants PM/em this person stating their interest...

From there we can figure out how many will be competing and have everyone deposit monies into a paypal acct by a certain deadline. Your money doesnt make it in, then you are S.O.L.

If it can be done I would love to have the Shawn Ray mentality that everyone get a little something say winner getting $250 all the way down to $25 (of course true monies to be determined)

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
war-horse is BIIIIIIIG!!!!

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
Good points War-Horse....

BUT:
-a 500 post requirement would eliminate most of the lurkers on the boards, and me (212 posts)... and most of the other competitors
-entry fees, even if it's just a buck WILL eliminate half or more of those considering entering
-a quality steroid test would cost thousands
-showing the face isn't mandatory... the pics could be submitted to a mod, then blanked out, then posted
-prizemoney WILL lead to cheating
-prizes with any monetary value WILL lead to cheating

...I'm thinking the best way to do this would be for me to assume I'm going to be the only contestant. Post my own BEFORE pics and then announce a date for the contest.

Maybe the best thing to do would be to accept BEFORE pictures from anyone interested; anyone failing to submit their FINALS photos for comparison will have their BEFORE pictures posted in the "Thread of Shame!".

As far as prizemoney is concerned I think bragging rights; a sense of accomplishment; tshirts; a giant avatar; blue stars or some such would prevent the competetion degrading into an amateur IFBB show.

The Luke

Stavios

im 41 myself,i keep telling myself that ole saying that life begins at 40,ive convinced my mind of that but my joints and ligaments dont seem to agree with that saying ;D.im doing the mid life crisis thing myself,cruisin the sports car trying to look young 8)

your not 41 ?!?!?!  ??? ??? ??? ???

littleguns

• Getbig V
Realistically tho how much is someone going to cheat for $250?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
your not 41 ?!?!?!  ??? ??? ??? ???

unfortunately i am,3/11/65
R