Author Topic: First Annual Mr. Getbig Details! (updated 8/20)  (Read 198626 times)

Alexander Sturm

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Mr. GetBig 2006...9/15/06!!!
« Reply #950 on: June 07, 2006, 09:10:07 AM »
6.0-6.1

Contest weight about 240
Currently off season in preparation for the World Championships in October 262-270.  8)

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #951 on: June 07, 2006, 09:26:40 AM »
@backday

You`re funny  :)

Thank you you are not too bad either ;D
Anyway good luck in the World Championships.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #952 on: June 07, 2006, 09:44:25 AM »
they are some very impressive back shots,i told everyone that theres great talent on these boards just waiting to come out and do some damage in the mr getbig show
R

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #953 on: June 07, 2006, 09:50:04 AM »
Hey guys,

I've been busy drawing up some rules and regulations for the contest... and getting lots of email notifications of intent to compete from people who haven't even posted in any of the "Mr GetBig" threads.... lots of dark horse entrants...

The only problem is that I wrote to Ron asking him to set up a "read-only" board for me to mod, (no posting, no other mods, all locked threads) which would be the unequivical authority on the Mr GetBig contest and appear as a Child Board on "Gossip and Opinions", "Bodybuilding Fans", "Natural Bodybuilding", "Upcoming Shows" etc simultaneously in order to garner a large amount of traffic and therefore entrants and interest....

Ron wrote back suggesting that it could go on the V Board.

WTF?? The V Board!?

Anyway, I wrote back again. I'm assuming that Ron hasn't followed the thread or thought I was joking. Personally, I thought it was a bit dismissive especially seeing as I informed him that I planned on trying to get the show put together profesionally in video format... prejudging, night show with videotaped routines etc.

Seeing as Ron hasn't yet written back; I'm hereby calling on all those interested in the Mr GetBig contest to pleasepm/email Ron and back me up.

Thanks,
The Luke

Dude - you're making this thing too fooking complicated.  It will never work with all of the nonsense you are jabering about.

It's really simple: anyone competitng needs to submit pics on or before 9/15/06.  The pics need to be in posing trunks showing all the mandatories plus one optional pose.  THAT'S IT!!!  If we can get that done it will be a freaking miracle.  

As an incentive to compete, I'll make sure all competitiors get some sort of special stars.  The winner will get even "cooler" stars.  Anyone who commits and backs out get banned for a month.

w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #954 on: June 07, 2006, 09:51:49 AM »
One more thing...this should be a Natural show.  So no AAS, GH, Clen, prohormones, etc.  There is no way to test, so it's the honor system.  If anyone enters and cheats, then more power to you... :-\
w

Stavios

« Reply #955 on: June 07, 2006, 09:53:06 AM »
Dude - you're making this thing too fooking complicated.  It will never work with all of the nonsense you are jabering about.

It's really simple: anyone competitng needs to submit pics on or before 9/15/06.  The pics need to be in posing trunks showing all the mandatories plus one optional pose.  THAT'S IT!!!  If we can get that done it will be a freaking miracle.  

As an incentive to compete, I'll make sure all competitiors get some sort of special stars.  The winner will get even "cooler" stars.  Anyone who commits and backs out get banned for a month.

DAMN !

Best post on this thread

The Luke: Keep things simple

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #956 on: June 07, 2006, 10:14:07 AM »
One more thing...this should be a Natural show.  So no AAS, GH, Clen, prohormones, etc.  There is no way to test, so it's the honor system.  If anyone enters and cheats, then more power to you... :-\

Wasnt this supposed to be for regular board members also.  whats to prevent the guys getting ready for nationals to jump in since theyre ready.  Has to be a cutoff date to sign up or it will never happen.

Or the board will be clogged with why not let him or her in, for months.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #957 on: June 07, 2006, 10:50:15 AM »

Wasnt this supposed to be for regular board members also.  whats to prevent the guys getting ready for nationals to jump in since theyre ready.  Has to be a cutoff date to sign up or it will never happen.

Or the board will be clogged with why not let him or her in, for months.

I was under that impression myself. This is for REGULAR posters here,  the guys that work out seriously to man up and see what they've got. IMO it ruins the spirit of the thing if competitive bodybuilders enter.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #958 on: June 07, 2006, 10:52:59 AM »
True that , I think this should be for the regular Getbiggers, and we all know who we are ....
L

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #959 on: June 07, 2006, 11:15:58 AM »
Agreed...minimum 500 posts.  Register dealine 6/15/05.  Anyone wanting in after that has to get a 2/3 majoity approval by the registered competitors.   
w

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #960 on: June 07, 2006, 12:52:26 PM »

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #961 on: June 07, 2006, 01:10:54 PM »
Agreed...minimum 500 posts.  Register dealine 6/15/05.  Anyone wanting in after that has to get a 2/3 majoity approval by the registered competitors.   
Uhmmmm, what about the guys that don`t post too much and have been registered here 2 or 3 years?
Nah, c`mon minimun 200 posts and registered since 1-2 years back. :)

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #962 on: June 07, 2006, 01:19:28 PM »

hey now, unfair.  I don't have time to get my post count that high.

unless you're approving of me already ;D
i

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #963 on: June 07, 2006, 07:20:28 PM »
Uhmmmm, what about the guys that don`t post too much and have been registered here 2 or 3 years?
Nah, c`mon minimun 200 posts and registered since 1-2 years back. :)

Like spin said.   youd have to get voted in.   Guys like "the luke" are automatic.   but you have to be a regular contributor on here.  Its too easy to be a lurker and not take any heat, theres probably thousands of those guys.

You have to be able to get in here and get abused like the rest of us.   No tender or sensitive people need to apply.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #964 on: June 07, 2006, 08:25:42 PM »
Guys,

Ron won't give me a board for this (see my previous posts in this thread for the details) and nobody seems to have backed me up like I asked (except WarHorse), competitors are already dropping out etc... so this contest probably won't be happening, at least not with me in charge. I'm not interested in running this for three eventual competitors, with ten viewers on the V Board.

Which is a pity seeing as I had really big plans that I can't really couldn't go into here in case things didn't pan out (I was very close to getting a commitment from a professional video production company to knock the contest together in dvd format for me for example).

The Luke

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #965 on: June 08, 2006, 01:02:01 AM »

Like spin said.   youd have to get voted in.   Guys like "the luke" are automatic.   but you have to be a regular contributor on here.  Its too easy to be a lurker and not take any heat, theres probably thousands of those guys.

You have to be able to get in here and get abused like the rest of us.   No tender or sensitive people need to apply.
Well, I thought that is not the number of posts ( quantity) but the quality of them. Anybody can make a
1000 meaningless posts.Me, I posted my first pics about 2 years ago and I have posted when I thought
it was a meaningful discussion.Oh well never mind..........

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #966 on: June 08, 2006, 10:06:58 AM »
Well, I thought that is not the number of posts ( quantity) but the quality of them. Anybody can make a
1000 meaningless posts.Me, I posted my first pics about 2 years ago and I have posted when I thought
it was a meaningful discussion.Oh well never mind..........

I would agree with you, and no doubt you would be "voted in".  What we want to avoid, is some dick with a gimick account submitting pics and making a mockery of the whole thing (ala Frozzer).  Any ideas on how to keep these nuthuggers out?
w

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #967 on: June 08, 2006, 10:25:52 AM »
Guys,

Ron won't give me a board for this (see my previous posts in this thread for the details) and nobody seems to have backed me up like I asked (except WarHorse), competitors are already dropping out etc... so this contest probably won't be happening, at least not with me in charge. I'm not interested in running this for three eventual competitors, with ten viewers on the V Board.

Which is a pity seeing as I had really big plans that I can't really couldn't go into here in case things didn't pan out (I was very close to getting a commitment from a professional video production company to knock the contest together in dvd format for me for example).

The Luke

It may seem like there are only 10 viewers on the V now, but this contest could change that! :D

Have you checked your PMs lately?
R

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #968 on: June 08, 2006, 10:35:34 AM »
Well, here`s my back

well that's the best shot I've seen in this thread so far....looks like we may have found a winner.....keep in mind I don't know what kinda shape mindspin is in or capable of but you totally have TA beat.
nasser=piece of shit

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #969 on: June 08, 2006, 10:38:48 AM »
Sturm's been a member longer than most of the other competitors.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #970 on: June 08, 2006, 12:00:08 PM »
I would agree with you, and no doubt you would be "voted in".  What we want to avoid, is some dick with a gimick account submitting pics and making a mockery of the whole thing (ala Frozzer).  Any ideas on how to keep these nuthuggers out?

I understand, ofcourse it will be difficult to avoid totally someone trying to submit fake pics  or ``worked``pics and people who are not ``nattys`` entering the contest but anyway the contest will be fun :)

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #971 on: June 08, 2006, 12:06:25 PM »
Has anybody heard whether The Red Meat Kid is gonna be competing in the Mr. GetBig?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #972 on: June 08, 2006, 12:32:20 PM »
I understand, ofcourse it will be difficult to avoid totally someone trying to submit fake pics  or ``worked``pics and people who are not ``nattys`` entering the contest but anyway the contest will be fun :)

Backday, I think this is not a natty/juiced contest..its an all takers event !!!
L

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #973 on: June 08, 2006, 12:39:57 PM »
Backday, I think this is not a natty/juiced contest..its an all takers event !!!

hummm, I don`t  know man Mindspin and Luke talked about it been a natty contest...But it will be
difficult to know for sure who is and who is not natty :-\

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #974 on: June 08, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »
Not sure if this has been brought up but in at least one pic the member should have a sign or something saying "Support Getbig" or their name. that way nobody can steal pics off another website and say it is theirs. just a thought. it would also prevent members from using old pics of them.

8)