Author Topic: Insomniacs  (Read 2111 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: Insomniacs
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2012, 01:35:10 PM »
  It is hell

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2012, 01:51:18 PM »
Have a high intensity cardio workout for an hour.

Get home and eat a turkey sandwich, while washing it down with warm milk and taking in 50mg of Benadryl.

Masturbate 3 times straight.

Go lie down.

Best sleep you'll have in years..

"1"

Funny this thread comes up.

I might try this. My entire life i have slept like a rock, I'm out within minutes of hitting the pillow and sleep for 10 hours.

But insomnia runs in my family, and i think a switch has flipped inside me. i haven't slept in 10 days for more than an hour straight, as soon as i feel myself falling asleep it's like my body dumps a gallon of adrenaline and i'm up like a shot...it is seriously fucking with my head, i'm miserable

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 04:16:51 PM »
In the last ten years I had only one day when I woke up refreshed - it was amazing.... I will never forget the feeling of being full of genuine energy.
L-arginine(pricey med grade) helped me tremendously with sleep quality, but I only took it for a short time.
Depression/chem balance seems a key element to sleep and when your sleep suffers for longer periods of time it means you're in trouble.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2012, 05:04:27 PM »
you need to drink some fucking MILK. thats why you arent sleeping (perhaps). Youve said you havent drank milk in years you claim to only drink purple drank. Milk has tryptophan remember
Tryptophan is good however I hate milk, maybe I can get some otherwise.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 06:39:19 PM »
Tryptophan is good however I hate milk, maybe I can get some otherwise.

do you not like milkshakes either, doesnt have to be plain milk but something with milk in it is what you need, maybe some pudding or somethin or icecream

another poster said something about carbs as well, too low you wont be able to crash out hard enough
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2012, 10:40:36 PM »
I worked nights for 6 years. Never again.
I bet wrist curl weights suffered during this time?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 10:47:31 PM »
I hardly every sleep for longer than 4 hours straight. i go to bed on average, 2-3am and wake up at 6-7am...my circadian rhythms are all messed up
X

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2012, 11:01:25 PM »
I hardly every sleep for longer than 4 hours straight. i go to bed on average, 2-3am and wake up at 6-7am...my circadian rhythms are all messed up
Damn you got to be tired or on the 5hour energy product.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 11:02:11 PM »
I worked nights for a while, here is what I have found out....

you are dead tired and you sleep 10h in the day time, your room is dark and you have no other noise that should wake you up.

You still wake up feeling like shit.
Agreed.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2012, 11:04:00 PM »
stress doesnt help much either, i work all night then come home and take care of my son till my wife gets home from work at 7pm. i might just go get a kilo and say frigg it and just never sleep
LOL

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2012, 12:28:45 AM »
Do you think this is wrong or unnatural? Is it different for adults ,teenagers & growing kids?  I've been sleeping like you have for the last 5 years or so.

The myth of the eight-hour sleep

A growing body of evidence from both science and history suggests that the eight-hour sleep may be unnatural.

In 2001, historian Roger Ekirch of Virginia Tech published a seminal paper, drawn from 16 years of research, revealing a wealth of historical evidence that humans used to sleep in two distinct chunks.

His book At Day's Close: Night in Times Past, published four years later, unearths more than 500 references to a segmented sleeping pattern - in diaries, court records, medical books and literature, from Homer's Odyssey to an anthropological account of modern tribes in Nigeria.

Check out http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17059498 for the rest of the article.