Author Topic: This Kickstarter Project Let's You Max Out on Bench w/o Spotter  (Read 5091 times)

Ropo

• Getbig IV
Re: This Kickstarter Project Let's You Max Out on Bench w/o Spotter
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 12:59:24 AM »
What you Basile?

;D :o ;D

It is too simple for Basile to understand, his version would have half a dozen sprocket wheels, arms and wheels in different directions, bells and whistles and chrome.  ;D

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 02:00:55 AM »
I think they missed the point. The whole idea of going all out to the max is so you can have a bunch of fellow perma-bulkers be at either side, and shout at you, whilst they spot you.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 02:23:14 AM »
I think they missed the point. The whole idea of going all out to the max is so you can have a bunch of fellow perma-bulkers be at either side, and shout at you, whilst they spot you.

king kamali approved.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 02:27:02 AM »
I just noticed this thread. Well, the bench presses I build have safety rails. The purpose of them is to stop the weight from hitting the neck. So if a user can't lift the weight it settles on the safety rails and he can easily slide under the bar. We have safety bars on squat racks, Smith Machines, press behind the neck, incline and even decline benches. I have always built safety into my equipment.

The apparatus with hydraulic lowering bench is clever and many gyms will install them because of the safety factor. I wouldn't mind one for our gym.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 07:07:12 AM »
I wonder how many people who will try to max out and have 400 pounds crashing to their chest/neck will have the idea to press on that lever with their foot.  That demo video shows the guy slowly lowering the bar to his chest in a controlled manner but in real life it's going to be assholes slamming that shit down onto their bodies.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2015, 07:10:01 AM »
This is something that I've been curious about. Where did you find them? Is there any way to research?  Do you think any of the ones you funded might ever work out?

Kickstarter and Indiegogo.  I'm a sucker for new technology and funded all sorts of things.  One guy would send out frequent updates showing great progress, planned a ship date then just fucked off.  Others delivered as planned.  Another one with a pet toy for my cat was the same way.  Weekly updates, planning to ship then they disappeared.  They even had videos of the product being demoed.  It's a great way to scam people if you can think of an insane idea and make it look real.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2015, 09:49:40 AM »
A better idea would be to have a bar on two rotational gyros for free movement and then hydraulic adjust-ability to effectively dial the poundage in which means the bar will only move if that much force is applied.  No weights need to be added to the bar or anything. 

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2015, 10:06:26 AM »
A better idea would be to have a bar on two rotational gyros for free movement and then hydraulic adjust-ability to effectively dial the poundage in which means the bar will only move if that much force is applied.  No weights need to be added to the bar or anything. 

Call Vince B and get that shit on kickstarter!

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2015, 10:21:21 AM »
That's actually really neat. But I probably wouldn't utilize it, going so heavy on bench is pointless for my goals.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2015, 12:34:35 PM »
;D :o ;D

It is too simple for Basile to understand, his version would have half a dozen sprocket wheels, arms and wheels in different directions, bells and whistles and chrome.  ;D

lol

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2015, 12:36:36 PM »
I just noticed this thread. Well, the bench presses I build have safety rails. The purpose of them is to stop the weight from hitting the neck. So if a user can't lift the weight it settles on the safety rails and he can easily slide under the bar. We have safety bars on squat racks, Smith Machines, press behind the neck, incline and even decline benches. I have always built safety into my equipment.

The apparatus with hydraulic lowering bench is clever and many gyms will install them because of the safety factor. I wouldn't mind one for our gym.

Yes, but can this new Kickstarter bench press also push through the Van Allen radiation belt and land on the moon like your bicep machine can?