Author Topic: Blast & cruise -- assistance for a beginner.  (Read 6660 times)

Fastback

• Getbig II
Blast & cruise -- assistance for a beginner.
« on: October 18, 2014, 07:30:14 PM »
Hello fellas at GetBig ;

Wondering if some of the experienced people can help me out, any input will be much appreciated.

As of now, I'm trying to lower my bodyfat. I'm at around 13-14 % max. Goal is to get to about 9%
I have lost about 15lbs and have made some decent progress. I have plateud a bit and noticed strength isn't where it used to be. Lifting 5-6x a week and keeping the intensity.

I have decided I want to practice the method of Blasting & Cruising.
Thinking about injecting 1 cc of Test E (250mg) weekly. Main reason to start is to maintain muscle and to put me in a better fat burning environment. Not sure if I should start at 1cc, 1.5 or 2. What do you guys think?

After I get to my goal, I want to blast and add lean muscle. Long term goal is to get as close as possible to achieving the physiques bodybuilders of the golden era had.

Age 22 1/2
Height 6'0
Weight 202lbs
Lifting experience- 4 years.

Macros I follow as of now 60f/265c/200p 2400 cals.
Thank you in advanced.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
Re: Blast & cruise -- assistance for a beginner.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 12:40:49 AM »
You have thought about the possibility of optimal natural testosterone levels not returning I take it?

Have you used steroid before or have you been on for some time?

Fastback

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 12:21:38 PM »
You have thought about the possibility of optimal natural testosterone levels not returning I take it?

Have you used steroid before or have you been on for some time?

Yes I have taken that into consideration. I wouldn't mind being on TRT a little younger than supposed to.
I have never used steroids before.

dustin

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 01:24:04 PM »
I say this with all sincerity - cut to under 10% before getting on hormones. I was in a rush too, but learn from my mistake. Your body will respond far better. When you're fat, you have estrogen circulating through your body and maybe a small AI might push you in the right direction (and raise total T). But don't hop on the juice right yet. How would it feel to look like crap (no offense) and have to confide to yourself that you're on steroids and don't look good?

Again, I don't mean to burn you so badly. But when you cut down and THEN use AAS, you'll look way better. Your body will handle it better too. You only have benefits from waiting and being patient. If you rush things you'll hit a plateau way faster. I wholeheartedly believe that no one over 10% should be on steroids, even if they're seasoned bodybuilders. Nothing good comes from being fat. Over 10% body fat in the context of bodybuilding is just plain fat.

Fastback

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 01:46:27 PM »
I say this with all sincerity - cut to under 10% before getting on hormones. I was in a rush too, but learn from my mistake. Your body will respond far better. When you're fat, you have estrogen circulating through your body and maybe a small AI might push you in the right direction (and raise total T). But don't hop on the juice right yet. How would it feel to look like crap (no offense) and have to confide to yourself that you're on steroids and don't look good?

Again, I don't mean to burn you so badly. But when you cut down and THEN use AAS, you'll look way better. Your body will handle it better too. You only have benefits from waiting and being patient. If you rush things you'll hit a plateau way faster. I wholeheartedly believe that no one over 10% should be on steroids, even if they're seasoned bodybuilders. Nothing good comes from being fat. Over 10% body fat in the context of bodybuilding is just plain fat.

Yeah bro, I understand what you are saying and appreciate the constructive criticism. That is my plan. To drop to about 9% and start "blasting" the hormones. Only reason why I thought injecting 250mg of test weekly is to maintain the muscle and strength that I currently have.. I would also think it would put me in a better fat burning environment.

So your advise is NO DRUGS yet and continue being natural till I reach my body-fat level goal?

dustin

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 01:55:28 PM »

Yeah bro, I understand what you are saying and appreciate the constructive criticism. That is my plan. To drop to about 9% and start "blasting" the hormones. Only reason why I thought injecting 250mg of test weekly is to maintain the muscle and strength that I currently have.. I would also think it would put me in a better fat burning environment.

So your advise is NO DRUGS yet and continue being natural till I reach my body-fat level goal?

Correct - test will help but it won't help nearly as much if you wait first.

I've been on and off juice and have held various degrees of conditioning, including being FAT at one point when my life spiraled to shit. Even though I'm normally lean as fuck, that period where I became fat sucked. No amount of AAS helped. Now I run a tiny bit of gear at around 6-7% body fat and I respond tremendously. I've been out of pins for a month now and I still look great. Your body will respond much better when you're at a lower body fat and have a better foundation of muscle.

Fastback

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 01:59:19 PM »
Correct - test will help but it won't help nearly as much if you wait first.

I've been on and off juice and have held various degrees of conditioning, including being FAT at one point when my life spiraled to shit. Even though I'm normally lean as fuck, that period where I became fat sucked. No amount of AAS helped. Now I run a tiny bit of gear at around 6-7% body fat and I respond tremendously. I've been out of pins for a month now and I still look great. Your body will respond much better when you're at a lower body fat and have a better foundation of muscle.

What would you recommend to get out of my plateu? Play a bit with my macros and cardio? I do have some ADEX on hand if you think an AI will help as well .... I appreciate your input.

Fastback

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 02:51:35 PM »
Pics to further evaluate bf

Fastback

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 02:52:25 PM »
Pics to further evaluate bf

dustin

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 03:45:37 PM »
You look way better than expected. Without holding water it looks like you're closer to 10% than 13-14%. Good job.

I'd look at interment fasting. I hugely endorse this. Even just a week or two of eating no more than once or twice a day can really lean people up and helps with glucose metabolism big time. Payoff in fat loss and insulin sensitivity almost immediately.

Sorry, on my phone. Can write more later, but you're on the right track. Normally 13-14% on the internet means closer to 20% body fat.

Fastback

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 04:03:29 PM »
You look way better than expected. Without holding water it looks like you're closer to 10% than 13-14%. Good job.

I'd look at interment fasting. I hugely endorse this. Even just a week or two of eating no more than once or twice a day can really lean people up and helps with glucose metabolism big time. Payoff in fat loss and insulin sensitivity almost immediately.

Sorry, on my phone. Can write more later, but you're on the right track. Normally 13-14% on the internet means closer to 20% body fat.

Thanks man! Haha.. Yeah, I feel you on that. That's why I decided to post some pics. Always better to do that when asking for help. Thanks Dustin! I will try IF. I actually practiced that a couple month ago... I will go back to it. 16 hours fasting with an 8 hour eating window.

dustin

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 09:55:27 PM »
Thanks man! Haha.. Yeah, I feel you on that. That's why I decided to post some pics. Always better to do that when asking for help. Thanks Dustin! I will try IF. I actually practiced that a couple month ago... I will go back to it. 16 hours fasting with an 8 hour eating window.

I just find that it works so well. I used to eat 8-10 times a day if you count the two or three shakes I had. Nothing compares to IF. I read lots about insulin and glucose metabolism. And the more I read, the more I wonder how the myth came to be that eating frequently "stokes" an imaginary metabolic furnace.

Fat is something we store energy in. If we constantly eat, there's no reason to dip into these fat reserves. If we don't eat (strategically and just for most of the day) then we'll dip into those reserves. Not only that, it gives the pancreas a rest and sensitizes muscles to insulin and we absorb it better rather than just having it float in our blood stream and damaging things. That also curbs insulin spikes when there's no true need to eat anything. More fat loss just makes sense. It may be tough to bulk on these sort of eating pattern but just do what I do - if you're hungry and feel you need to eat, just eat! That's all lol.... there are no rules to dieting. Just do what works! And in my experience this works.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 12:02:04 AM »

sorry but no about that. agree on the IF part though

Fastback

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 12:42:04 AM »
sorry but no about that. agree on the IF part though

I estimate 12-13

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 11:35:52 PM »
I've read similar Info as well.. Agree with everything you have said. I believe Alan Aragon has some interesting studies on this ..have you read any of his work? I will begin practicing IF now Cheesy ;; will start with a 15/7
15+7 is 22.

Fastback

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 09:04:09 AM »
I just find that it works so well. I used to eat 8-10 times a day if you count the two or three shakes I had. Nothing compares to IF. I read lots about insulin and glucose metabolism. And the more I read, the more I wonder how the myth came to be that eating frequently "stokes" an imaginary metabolic furnace.

Fat is something we store energy in. If we constantly eat, there's no reason to dip into these fat reserves. If we don't eat (strategically and just for most of the day) then we'll dip into those reserves. Not only that, it gives the pancreas a rest and sensitizes muscles to insulin and we absorb it better rather than just having it float in our blood stream and damaging things. That also curbs insulin spikes when there's no true need to eat anything. More fat loss just makes sense. It may be tough to bulk on these sort of eating pattern but just do what I do - if you're hungry and feel you need to eat, just eat! That's all lol.... there are no rules to dieting. Just do what works! And in my experience this works.

I've read similar Info as well.. Agree with everything you have said. I believe Alan Aragon has some interesting studies on this ..have you read any of his work? I will begin practicing IF as of now ;; will start with a 15/7

Fastback

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 09:05:29 AM »
15+7 is 22.

Lol. So.... Instead of offering any knowledge you might have, you prefer to find people's typos? I've read some of your post.. Your a smart dude, an asshole, but smart nonetheless  ;D

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 09:15:56 AM »

Lol. So.... Instead of offering any knowledge you might have, you prefer to find people's typos? I've read some of your post.. Your a smart dude, an asshole, but smart nonetheless  ;D

;D well i guess ill take that as a compliment :P

IF is really nice, i loved doing it when i was natural... mostly i even did 18/6.

IMPOSSIBLE to do for me on AAS though, especially tren... constant food is just too necessary on AAS for me, i cant function otherwise

when i was natty i could fast for 4-5 hours after getting up easily

now i can "extend" the non eating period for like 2 hours by downing coffee like crazy, but no chance to do it any longer

Fastback

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 09:27:00 AM »
;D well i guess ill take that as a compliment :P

IF is really nice, i loved doing it when i was natural... mostly i even did 18/6.

IMPOSSIBLE to do for me on AAS though, especially tren... constant food is just too necessary on AAS for me, i cant function otherwise

when i was natty i could fast for 4-5 hours after getting up easily

now i can "extend" the non eating period for like 2 hours by downing coffee like crazy, but no chance to do it any longer

;D

Yeah I feel you  I would assume on AAS your hungry like a mother-fucker. In that case, IF would almost be impossible. And probably not even beneficial. The drugs will help you maintain lean

What are your inputs on my original question?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 11:14:20 AM »

;D

Yeah I feel you  I would assume on AAS your hungry like a mother-fucker. In that case, IF would almost be impossible. And probably not even beneficial. The drugs will help you maintain lean

What are your inputs on my original question?

if i was you i'd get my bodyfat down as far as i can and then hop on a cycle (500-700 test)...
definitely use your first cycle for bulking. definitely.
response is much better the leaner you are, plus the look is A LOT more impressive.
a bloated watery dude doenst turn heads anywhere, only at the mall lol or amongst nonlifting people.

blast for 8-12 weeks, then cruise on 150-300mg (id go for the higher end) for 4-6 weeks (or longer), rinse & repeat.
bulk during blasts, cut during cruises.

that should work as a gameplan for at least a year. if you cruise on 250mg or so thats still a much higher than natural-dosage and you shouldnt lose much muscle cutting on that. the cruise is essentially there to get your BF back down, let your body recover, regain insulin sensitivity etc.
after 6 weeks or so, blast again... gains will keep coming this way.

Fastback

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 05:28:18 PM »
if i was you i'd get my bodyfat down as far as i can and then hop on a cycle (500-700 test)...
definitely use your first cycle for bulking. definitely.
response is much better the leaner you are, plus the look is A LOT more impressive.
a bloated watery dude doenst turn heads anywhere, only at the mall lol or amongst nonlifting people.

blast for 8-12 weeks, then cruise on 150-300mg (id go for the higher end) for 4-6 weeks (or longer), rinse & repeat.
bulk during blasts, cut during cruises.

that should work as a gameplan for at least a year. if you cruise on 250mg or so thats still a much higher than natural-dosage and you shouldnt lose much muscle cutting on that. the cruise is essentially there to get your BF back down, let your body recover, regain insulin sensitivity etc.
after 6 weeks or so, blast again... gains will keep coming this way.

Thanks for the advise Jizmo! I will hold off on cycling for now. The plan will be to get my body fat some what low, 9-10% and only then I will begin my blast and cruise. Hopefully in about 8-12 weeks.  ;D