Author Topic: Nutrition/weight loss question  (Read 986 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Nutrition/weight loss question
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2024, 03:10:50 PM »
Is this formula the traditional "lose 1-2lb a week" type program?

Seems very do-able.  Might try it, if I can mentally get around losing some reps.

Yes. If you want to accelerate it use the just drop it BW x 9. The amount of training you do, 12 would work as well

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2024, 03:19:20 PM »
Yes. If you want to accelerate it use the just drop it BW x 9. The amount of training you do, 12 would work as well

Thanks man - much appreciated.
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2024, 03:19:46 PM »
To gain weight drink a pint of canola oil each day.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2024, 03:21:59 PM »
My opinion is : stick to keto. You are not taking in enough fat.

You can easily add another 1000 calories to your diets. A salad with 3 TBLSPn's EVOO and a little vineger is easily 400 cals. Add heavy cream to your coffee, or drink it straight a small cup, like a starbucks espresso cup, about 3/4 full of heavy cream  is easily another 300 cals or more.

Instead of cycling carbs PLAN on one cheat day a week or every other week. Unless you have incredible discipline cycling carbs is a gateway to blowing your keto diet altogether and in no time you will look and feel like shit

Biggest problem people have on keto is not trusting the chemistry and not taking in enough fat. Once you've been in ketosis for awhile and weight/fat is dropping it's easy to slow it down by adjusting your protein. Start taking in too much protein and you'll slow down the weight loss rapidly. But by adding carbs you're feeding cravings and it becomes difficult to maintain ketosis.

So: 1.add more fat
2. Adjust protein to speed up or slow down weight loss.
3. Get your carb fix on a pre-planned "cheat day" and don't be afraid to eat whatever the fuck you want on that day.
4. Then get right back on keto the very next day.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2024, 04:28:28 PM »
My opinion is : stick to keto. You are not taking in enough fat.

You can easily add another 1000 calories to your diets. A salad with 3 TBLSPn's EVOO and a little vineger is easily 400 cals. Add heavy cream to your coffee, or drink it straight a small cup, like a starbucks espresso cup, about 3/4 full of heavy cream  is easily another 300 cals or more.

Instead of cycling carbs PLAN on one cheat day a week or every other week. Unless you have incredible discipline cycling carbs is a gateway to blowing your keto diet altogether and in no time you will look and feel like shit

Biggest problem people have on keto is not trusting the chemistry and not taking in enough fat. Once you've been in ketosis for awhile and weight/fat is dropping it's easy to slow it down by adjusting your protein. Start taking in too much protein and you'll slow down the weight loss rapidly. But by adding carbs you're feeding cravings and it becomes difficult to maintain ketosis.

So: 1.add more fat
2. Adjust protein to speed up or slow down weight loss.
3. Get your carb fix on a pre-planned "cheat day" and don't be afraid to eat whatever the fuck you want on that day.
4. Then get right back on keto the very next day.

Thank you Doc.  I'll definitely adjust the macros to include more fat. Because it's good for you and it fulfills my caloric needs. My main goal is to not lose muscle.  I'm doing this 100% clean not even creatine (don't like the watery appearance but creatine definitely works of course) The goal is to get to 10%bf assess and decide what to do from there.

I'll increase cardio and add in a natural fat burner (rauwolscine) when I get closer and targeting the stubborn areas.low back, low abs, outer chest, inner thighs and glutes.

The only reason I'll eat carbs is cycling 'once bf is low enough, cheat meal or day and or to fulfill caloric needs. I'm not addicted like I was when I was younger. I love sweet potatoes and yams even plain so Iucked out there.

I'll heed your advice. Thanks again.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2024, 06:08:02 PM »
That is a sick low amount of calories for a grown man. If I ate that little I would shrink daily.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2024, 06:52:21 AM »
Turns out my metabolism is downgraded alot due to long term eating 1 or 2 meals per day long term. So I'll have to reverse diet up to what my TDEE is on paper. Then when I cut it will be from 3300 calories vs 1300. Which isn't sustainable.

I'll go up slowly for month. See where my weight is and then begin cutting carbs slowly and get as much as I can out of fat loss each cut back in calories. So when I get where I want, I'll end up at 2000+ calories in the end. That's sustainable with the right foods.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2024, 07:00:44 AM »
Turns out my metabolism is downgraded alot due to long term eating 1 or 2 meals per day long term. So I'll have to reverse diet up to what my TDEE is on paper. Then when I cut it will be from 3300 calories vs 1300. Which isn't sustainable.

I'll go up slowly for month. See where my weight is and then begin cutting carbs slowly and get as much as I can out of fat loss each cut back in calories. So when I get where I want, I'll end up at 2000+ calories in the end. That's sustainable with the right foods.
try carnivore diet
simply eliminate carbs and then eat what you like

Easiest diet to follow, if it comes from an animal you can eat it

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2024, 07:06:44 AM »
try carnivore diet
simply eliminate carbs and then eat what you like

Easiest diet to follow, if it comes from an animal you can eat it

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2024, 08:06:36 AM »
Burn 10k but eat 8k very simple thats how i get lean
A

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2024, 08:30:18 AM »
Burn 10k but eat 8k very simple thats how i get lean maintain my 330 pounds at 40 percent bf
Delusion of peace

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2024, 09:17:12 AM »
Big Mac of Peace Diet:

Start on East Coast and walk to West Coast while eating only 1 Big Mac each day.