Author Topic: The Dalai lama  (Read 2812 times)

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
The Dalai lama
« on: December 26, 2006, 07:52:06 PM »
I could not imagine believing in a religion that does not believe that the Dalai Lama will not be going to heaven but drug addicts and child molesters will be entering the pearly gates as long as they are "born again"..What type of heaven could that possibly be where one of the most compassionate/gentlist person to ever walk the planet would not be allowed to enter?...

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: The Dalai lama
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 07:54:28 PM »
I could not imagine believing in a religion that does not believe that the Dalai Lama will not be going to heaven but drug addicts and child molesters will be entering the pearly gates as long as they are "born again"..What type of heaven could that possibly be where one of the most compassionate/gentlist person to ever walk the planet would not be allowed to enter?...

That question is not for us to answer. I wonder what the Dalai Lama thinks about christianity?
just push some weight!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 12:38:52 PM »
That question is not for us to answer. I wonder what the Dalai Lama thinks about christianity?

i'm sure that the dalai lama thinks nothing bad about christianity.

in buddhism, it doesn't matter in what you believe. if you are a good person, you will eventually realize the truth one day or you will be born again.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 07:37:14 PM »

I think I understand where you are coming from but......

Here are some questions to ponder (and not meant to inflame in any way):

Are you 100% sure that the Dalai Lama doesn't have adulterous secretive affairs with married women or men or that he does not molest children?  Are you 100% sure that the Dalai Lama is not secretly addicted to Crystal Meth?  Are you 100% sure that the Dalai Lama does not steal flowers from his neighbors garden?

Of course I am not saying that he does these things, but do you know w/certainty that he does not?  Not knowing these things, does he really have any more "right" to heaven than the next "sinner?"

Meanwhile something else important to ponder is "Grace,"  especially Grace from God.
R

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 08:51:22 PM »
I think I understand where you are coming from but......

Here are some questions to ponder (and not meant to inflame in any way):

Are you 100% sure that the Dalai Lama doesn't have adulterous secretive affairs with married women or men or that he does not molest children?  Are you 100% sure that the Dalai Lama is not secretly addicted to Crystal Meth?  Are you 100% sure that the Dalai Lama does not steal flowers from his neighbors garden?

Of course I am not saying that he does these things, but do you know w/certainty that he does not?  Not knowing these things, does he really have any more "right" to heaven than the next "sinner??

Meanwhile something else important to ponder is "Grace,"  especially Grace from God.

Ok i'll bite...

Lets say that DL is the exactly what he comes off being...Very pure and compassiate to all creatures.  And that he is nothing of what you just talked about...Well in the eyes of alot of religions, he still wouldn't be allowed to go to heaven...I guess what im saying is i wouldn't want to be part of that heaven...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 05:14:41 AM »
Ok i'll bite...

Lets say that DL is the exactly what he comes off being...Very pure and compassiate to all creatures.  And that he is nothing of what you just talked about...Well in the eyes of alot of religions, he still wouldn't be allowed to go to heaven...I guess what im saying is i wouldn't want to be part of that heaven...

The DL is still NOT sinless.  Where do you draw the line?  How many good deeds and how great do they need to be in order to get you in heaven?  What is the minimum number of sins you must commit in order to get you into heaven?  How great or small do your sins need to be?

Now, think about yourself.  You are not a DL, are you?  Are you saying that you are going to hell then because you are not as good as a DL? 

Wouldn't it be nice if GOD himself sent his only son to die for your sins?  Wouldn't it be nice if GOD gave you a chance even though you are sinner, if only you would repent and accept his gift of salvation, if only you would trust his son's sacrifice 100% and trust your own good deeds 0%? 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 06:50:48 AM »
The DL is still NOT sinless.  Where do you draw the line?  How many good deeds and how great do they need to be in order to get you in heaven?  What is the minimum number of sins you must commit in order to get you into heaven?  How great or small do your sins need to be?

Now, think about yourself.  You are not a DL, are you?  Are you saying that you are going to hell then because you are not as good as a DL? 

Wouldn't it be nice if GOD himself sent his only son to die for your sins?  Wouldn't it be nice if GOD gave you a chance even though you are sinner, if only you would repent and accept his gift of salvation, if only you would trust his son's sacrifice 100% and trust your own good deeds 0%? 
excellent post
Ok i'll bite...

Lets say that DL is the exactly what he comes off being...Very pure and compassiate to all creatures.  And that he is nothing of what you just talked about...Well in the eyes of alot of religions, he still wouldn't be allowed to go to heaven...I guess what im saying is i wouldn't want to be part of that heaven...

Wombat, do you realize it's possible that the DL would accept Christ moments before he died and would then be in heaven?  How do you know that God won't make that happen? 

Meanwhile, please look into what Christ did for all of us and make your decision from an educated investigation.  Please don't just dismiss something just because you don't agree w/it at the time.  Have you ever been wrong about something and later found out you had been wrong?  Wouldn't it suck to find out once it's too late that you were wrong about this and you didn't even take a few hours to begin to look into it?

loco, Colossus, Beach, Jeff Miller, etc....would you suggest Wombat read the book of Romans or something different?
R

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 07:06:21 AM »
excellent post

Thanks STella!   ;D

loco, Colossus, Beach, Jeff Miller, etc....would you suggest Wombat read the book of Romans or something different?

I always recommend that people start with the Gospel of John, then read Romans.  But that's just my opinion.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 07:22:26 AM »
Here is a good example in the Bible of how:
1.  Believing in Jesus is the only way to heaven.  Just believing in GOD and being good is not enough.
2.  A truly good person, like the Dalai Lama, who has never heard of Jesus will hear of Jesus one way or another.  God will provide some way for that person to hear the good news about Jesus before that person dies.

Acts 10:1-6

At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was known as the Italian Regiment. He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly. One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, "Cornelius!"
Cornelius stared at him in fear. "What is it, Lord?" he asked.

The angel answered, "Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God. Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter. He is staying with Simon the tanner, whose house is by the sea."

Acts 10:34-43

Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right. You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. You know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.
 "We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a tree, but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen. He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 08:29:09 AM »
Well, if Dante is to be believed, then the Lama would be in Limbo, along with the other "virtuous pagans" (like Plato) and unbaptized children.
ChuckNorrisFearsMe

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »
We are not in charge who is going to heaven an who not :)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 09:22:09 PM »
We are not GOD, it is not for us to decide who does and does not go to heaven. One would hope good people go, and that most bad people don't, but according to the gospel, a murderer can repent, accept Jesus into his life, and be saved. Whether this is true or not, I cannot say for certain.