Author Topic: Crazy bible verses.  (Read 16914 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Crazy bible verses.
« on: February 28, 2010, 10:42:44 AM »
not sure if this has been done,but any ridiculous or funny verses can be put here.

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 NASB

"If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity."

This had me rofling

We should fear God (Matthew 10:28)
We should love God (Matthew 22:37)
There is no fear in love (1 John 4:18)

"Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourself every girl who has never slept with a man." (Numbers 31:17-18)

"This is what the Lord says: Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass .... And Saul ... utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword." (1 Samuel 15:3,7-8)

even infants? the animals, wtf?

"I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children." (Leviticus 26:22)

why does he hate innocent kids?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Crazy bible verses.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 10:56:13 AM »
not sure if this has been done,but any ridiculous or funny verses can be put here.

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 NASB

"If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity."

This had me rofling

We should fear God (Matthew 10:28)
We should love God (Matthew 22:37)
There is no fear in love (1 John 4:18)

"Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourself every girl who has never slept with a man." (Numbers 31:17-18)

"This is what the Lord says: Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass .... And Saul ... utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword." (1 Samuel 15:3,7-8)

even infants? the animals, wtf?

"I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children." (Leviticus 26:22)

why does he hate innocent kids?

It's been done ad nauseum (Of course, you fail to mention exactly WHY this sentence was put on Amalek, or that Amalek had plenty of time to repent and be spared such fate). Come up with some new material, please.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 11:20:09 AM »
It's been done ad nauseum (Of course, you fail to mention exactly WHY this sentence was put on Amalek, or that Amalek had plenty of time to repent and be spared such fate). Come up with some new material, please.

i answered my own question, god creates evil.

A Christian wrote: "God did not create evil. Evil is simply the state where God is not present."

If "God did not create evil" then what of the following?

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Exodus 32:14
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Joshua 23:15
Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the LORD your God promised you; so shall the LORD bring upon you all evil things.

Judges 9:23
Then God sent an evil spirit

1 Samuel 16:14
But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

2 Samuel 12:11
Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house

1 Kings 9:9
...therefore hath the LORD brought upon them all this evil.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 12:31:03 PM »

Hi Mcway!
 ;)

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 01:00:10 PM »

OMG, same exact reaction! This is like dealing with a room full of ROMPER ROOM delinquents! This has been answered, BEFORE the complete Bible was even published!

Government_Controlled/AGENT

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 07:17:06 PM »

OMG, same exact reaction! This is like dealing with a room full of ROMPER ROOM delinquents! This has been answered, BEFORE the complete Bible was even published!

Government_Controlled/AGENT

ya no need to defend them, they have been discussed. Killing children is fine, you're right.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 08:56:55 PM »
book written and edited by people over the years.  what do you expect
Valhalla awaits.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 09:33:11 PM »
book written and edited by people over the years.  what do you expect

exactly what i would find. I predict that if the bible was writtten by primitive man it would have just the sort of things it does include. If a supreme all knowing being wrote the book i would imagine it would be more perfect, more intelligent, contain esoteric knowledge.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 10:08:23 PM »
exactly what i would find. I predict that if the bible was writtten by primitive man it would have just the sort of things it does include. If a supreme all knowing being wrote the book i would imagine it would be more perfect, more intelligent, contain esoteric knowledge.

"Exactly", Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaa aaasssssssssssseeeeeeeee ee!

What do you know about the Bible? You already admitted NOTHING. *lol*. EXACTLY!. STOP trying to be a Bible, scholar. You don't even know the basics. And you are trying to defend/offend it? You need Bible 101 first, Necrosis. With your "genius" status, you should at least realize that! This is ridiculous! This is like trying to discuss the eccentrics of a cam, contained within a AB DICK 360, WITH an shoe sale man! Craaap! I can't believe this. McWay, how have you tolerated such idiocy!

Government_Controlled/DEA_AGENT

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 11:23:53 AM »
ya no need to defend them, they have been discussed. Killing children is fine, you're right.

So, what do you with them. You whack the adults; then what, leave the Amalekite kiddies to starve and die, with no parents to care for them?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 11:25:40 AM »

Hi Mcway!
 ;)

If you say "Amalek", he will come.....LIKE CLOCKWORK!!

Howdy, Ozmo!!!

;D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 02:52:36 PM »
"Exactly", Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaa aaasssssssssssseeeeeeeee ee!

What do you know about the Bible? You already admitted NOTHING. *lol*. EXACTLY!. STOP trying to be a Bible, scholar. You don't even know the basics. And you are trying to defend/offend it? You need Bible 101 first, Necrosis. With your "genius" status, you should at least realize that! This is ridiculous! This is like trying to discuss the eccentrics of a cam, contained within a AB DICK 360, WITH an shoe sale man! Craaap! I can't believe this. McWay, how have you tolerated such idiocy!

Government_Controlled/DEA_AGENT

another fail, you don't need to be a bible scholar to point out hypocrisy or understand it's writing. It clearly states god created evil, simple as that. Also, by your logic you should stop commenting on the bible along with mcway as neither of you are biblical scholars, fail much? I do not know alot about the bible, i have read and been read much of it however, i have done several religion courses, however, i cannot site passages nor do i believe i know as much as mcway. I have also forgotten alot about the bible, as i do not see the point in reading it.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 03:06:59 PM »
So, what do you with them. You whack the adults; then what, leave the Amalekite kiddies to starve and die, with no parents to care for them?

ya because taking care of them is to humane, i mean the kids in haiti whos parents just died should have been killed to right? incredible the sickness you guys come up with to justify your beliefs. I had a longer post written but i think it's enough to let you sit with this sick comment and let it fester. I don't know, help the kids, teach the kids, love the kids, raise them as your own, provide for them and bring some peace into the world? Its honestly sick that you would justify the killing of kids on the basis of them having no parents. For one mass genocide is sick also, fuck, grow a brain the killing of an entire people is wrong, re habilitation, democrecy, diplomatic solutions, treaties etc.. this is how you know the bible is written by primitive men, kill them all just like the jews huh.

if you endorse genocide and infanticide then you need mental help. When you wrote that did you feel and dissonance? at all? seriously.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 08:07:59 AM »
ya because taking care of them is to humane, i mean the kids in haiti whos parents just died should have been killed to right? incredible the sickness you guys come up with to justify your beliefs. I had a longer post written but i think it's enough to let you sit with this sick comment and let it fester. I don't know, help the kids, teach the kids, love the kids, raise them as your own, provide for them and bring some peace into the world? Its honestly sick that you would justify the killing of kids on the basis of them having no parents. For one mass genocide is sick also, fuck, grow a brain the killing of an entire people is wrong, re habilitation, democrecy, diplomatic solutions, treaties etc.. this is how you know the bible is written by primitive men, kill them all just like the jews huh.

if you endorse genocide and infanticide then you need mental help. When you wrote that did you feel and dissonance? at all? seriously.

Israel did have rules for assimilating the remnants of their enemies. Of course, whenever I bring that up, a certain poster starts wailing about "slavery" (you know who you are  ;D ).

Besides, didn't you just post the verse about young girls being spared and integrated into Israelite society?

As explained several times before now, the reason the edict came down on the Amalekites is simple. For over three centuries, starting just after the Exodus of Israel from Egypt, they assaulted the Israelites, targeting their women and children and (at certain times) nearly driving them into starvation.

Every time Israel fended off Amalek, the same thing happened. When their number grew again, the Amalekites resumed their attacks on Israel (not to mention other societies).

So, the judgment came. Amalek was to be COMPLETELY DESTROYED: man, woman, boy, girl, sheep, goat, cow, chicken, gold, silver, etc. NOTHING was to be left.

What got King Saul in trouble, ultimately costing him the throne of Israel is that, while he defeated the Amalekites, he kept the choice livestock and treasure and spared the king.

As for what you just mentioned, democracy, diplomatic solutions, treaties, etc. WERE ALL TRIED with the Amalekites, FOR OVER 300 YEARS. THEY DID NOT WORK!!

Your people keep getting attacked. And all of the aforementioned items you cited have had NO effect. So now what? Do you keep letting your people get whacked (especially if you're sworn to protect them), OR do you lay the smackdown on them, once and for all?

Fast-forward to today; look at IRAN. How many sanctions and "diplomatic solutions" have been used on them? Far too many to count!! Have they stopped amassing the means to make nukes? NOPE!! Have they stopped their threats to blow Israel (and eventually US in America) off the face of the Earth? NOPE!!

If you're willing to stand idly by and let an enemy KEEP ATTACKING YOU, until they wipe you out, I'd suggest that you may need the mental help, FAR more than I.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 08:34:27 AM »
Israel did have rules for assimilating the remnants of their enemies. Of course, whenever I bring that up, a certain poster starts wailing about "slavery" (you know who you are  ;D ).

Besides, didn't you just post the verse about young girls being spared and integrated into Israelite society?

As explained several times before now, the reason the edict came down on the Amalekites is simple. For over three centuries, starting just after the Exodus of Israel from Egypt, they assaulted the Israelites, targeting their women and children and (at certain times) nearly driving them into starvation.

Every time Israel fended off Amalek, the same thing happened. When their number grew again, the Amalekites resumed their attacks on Israel (not to mention other societies).

So, the judgment came. Amalek was to be COMPLETELY DESTROYED: man, woman, boy, girl, sheep, goat, cow, chicken, gold, silver, etc. NOTHING was to be left.

What got King Saul in trouble, ultimately costing him the throne of Israel is that, while he defeated the Amalekites, he kept the choice livestock and treasure and spared the king.

As for what you just mentioned, democracy, diplomatic solutions, treaties, etc. WERE ALL TRIED with the Amalekites, FOR OVER 300 YEARS. THEY DID NOT WORK!!

Your people keep getting attacked. And all of the aforementioned items you cited have had NO effect. So now what? Do you keep letting your people get whacked (especially if you're sworn to protect them), OR do you lay the smackdown on them, once and for all?

Fast-forward to today; look at IRAN. How many sanctions and "diplomatic solutions" have been used on them? Far too many to count!! Have they stopped amassing the means to make nukes? NOPE!! Have they stopped their threats to blow Israel (and eventually US in America) off the face of the Earth? NOPE!!

If you're willing to stand idly by and let an enemy KEEP ATTACKING YOU, until they wipe you out, I'd suggest that you may need the mental help, FAR more than I.

I don't believe genocide is ever right, nor is the infantacide your god proposed. Killing the animals is just plain fucked up, why would you do that? i mean if i was a murderer and sentenced to death would you kill my dog to? just some sick shit.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 08:51:10 AM »
I don't believe genocide is ever right, nor is the infantacide your god proposed. Killing the animals is just plain fucked up, why would you do that? i mean if i was a murderer and sentenced to death would you kill my dog to? just some sick shit.

And what supposed to happen to them? Do they get left in the desert to starve to death?

You still didn't answer the question at hand. For over three centuries, every type of "diplomatic solutions" was used with Amalekites to no avail. They kept assaulting Israel, with the intent of destroying them completely.

What is to be done about the situation, especially considering that, every time you spare them, they resume their attacked once their numbers are replenished?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 01:11:48 PM »
And what supposed to happen to them? Do they get left in the desert to starve to death?

You still didn't answer the question at hand. For over three centuries, every type of "diplomatic solutions" was used with Amalekites to no avail. They kept assaulting Israel, with the intent of destroying them completely.

What is to be done about the situation, especially considering that, every time you spare them, they resume their attacked once their numbers are replenished?

so again taking in the animals, using the animals, allowing some of the animals that live naturally in that habitat to rome from is not a better solution. You are defending infantacide and genocide, this leads to hitler thinking.

well lets post the whole story and see if that was the case, those bad amalekites, israel im sure did nothing wrong, ever, so rightfully so all the race was extinguished ::)

You are defending a sick stance my friend, killing of innocent children is SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 01:51:49 PM »
so again taking in the animals, using the animals, allowing some of the animals that live naturally in that habitat to rome from is not a better solution. You are defending infantacide and genocide, this leads to hitler thinking.

well lets post the whole story and see if that was the case, those bad amalekites, israel im sure did nothing wrong, ever, so rightfully so all the race was extinguished ::)

You are defending a sick stance my friend, killing of innocent children is SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

I can't believe you are going to defend them. They ATTACKED and SLAUGHTERED God's people first, unprovoked. Women, children, livestock, etc. They were even given chances to stop. So they didn't deserve this? Sounds like some of that "zanies" logic, to me.

Government_Controlled/Dea_Agent

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 05:46:10 AM »

For what purpose?

The instructions were NOT to use the animals, but to destroy them. That would leave one to believe that Israel didn't need them. Amalek was to be completely destroyed.

That's been done several times before. Besides, YOU'RE THE ONE who brought this back up. You simply took a handful of verses, without reading the rest or citing the context involved in the situation, just for the sake of complaining.

Israel's misgivings are well-documented, as are the punishments that the Israelites suffered as a result.

You STILL haven't answered the question: What is to be done about the Amalekites? Your "diplomatic solutions" spiel was tried for over three centuries WITH NO RESULTS.

So, what's to be done with them? Again, you just got finished complaining about the girls that were spared of the Midianites, which means you have a problem also with folks being assimilated into Israelite culture.

Make up your mind here. Do you assimilate them, leave them to starve and die, or destroy them?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 02:48:55 PM »
For what purpose?

The instructions were NOT to use the animals, but to destroy them. That would leave one to believe that Israel didn't need them. Amalek was to be completely destroyed.

That's been done several times before. Besides, YOU'RE THE ONE who brought this back up. You simply took a handful of verses, without reading the rest or citing the context involved in the situation, just for the sake of complaining.

Israel's misgivings are well-documented, as are the punishments that the Israelites suffered as a result.

You STILL haven't answered the question: What is to be done about the Amalekites? Your "diplomatic solutions" spiel was tried for over three centuries WITH NO RESULTS.

So, what's to be done with them? Again, you just got finished complaining about the girls that were spared of the Midianites, which means you have a problem also with folks being assimilated into Israelite culture.

Make up your mind here. Do you assimilate them, leave them to starve and die, or destroy them?

what i gave you the answer from above. Obviously you would have to be a fool to believe that all the amalekites were bad,clearly extermination was wrong, genocide cannot be defended, because you have way to many variables to make one generalization and sentence all to death. For example, so us has a war in iraq, from iraqs point of view do you kill all americans? do you think all americans support the war, do you think any would change their mind? etc etc etc... the same analogy fits with the amelakites.

I have no problem with assimilation, and increasing peace and taking care of the young. Your god ordered death to the infants=sick, sick sick sick.. how dont you get it?

answer my question, if god ordered you to kill your kids, would you do it?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 12:07:31 PM »
what i gave you the answer from above. Obviously you would have to be a fool to believe that all the amalekites were bad,clearly extermination was wrong, genocide cannot be defended, because you have way to many variables to make one generalization and sentence all to death. For example, so us has a war in iraq, from iraqs point of view do you kill all americans? do you think all americans support the war, do you think any would change their mind? etc etc etc... the same analogy fits with the amelakites.

They had over three centuries (LONGER THAN THE USA HAS BEEN IN EXISTENCE) to repent and make amends. Yet, for some strange reason that didn't happen. How much more time do you need? And how many of YOUR OWN PEOPLE ARE YOU going to let get destroyed, worrying about the welfare of those, hell-bent on destroying YOU?

As I've said before, the higher you are in authority, the more people under that authority suffer, when you do something wrong. Said another way, at certain levels, you aren't the only one who pays the price for YOUR sins.

Once again, what's to be done with the remnants of the Amalekite people, especially given their history of RESUMING THEIR ATTACKS ON ISRAEL, once their numbers get replenished?

I have no problem with assimilation, and increasing peace and taking care of the young. Your god ordered death to the infants=sick, sick sick sick.. how dont you get it?

Been there; done that. It didn't work, not with the Israelites. Besides, You COMPLAINED about the young Midianite girls being assimilated into Israel's culture, with your initial post. Now, all of a sudden, you don't have a problem with assimilation. Make up your mind here.

And why is killing infants sick, sick, sick, sick? You're the one with the floating morality compass.

answer my question, if god ordered you to kill your kids, would you do it?

When did you ask me this, prior to now? Besides, I've been asked this before. So, notwithstanding the fact that God would likely NEVER ordered me to do such (especially without explanation), and knowing that this is little but the standard "trap" question, I'm in the mood for some fun; so I'll make it short and sweet......YES!!

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 09:28:58 AM »
They had over three centuries (LONGER THAN THE USA HAS BEEN IN EXISTENCE) to repent and make amends. Yet, for some strange reason that didn't happen. How much more time do you need? And how many of YOUR OWN PEOPLE ARE YOU going to let get destroyed, worrying about the welfare of those, hell-bent on destroying YOU?

As I've said before, the higher you are in authority, the more people under that authority suffer, when you do something wrong. Said another way, at certain levels, you aren't the only one who pays the price for YOUR sins.

Once again, what's to be done with the remnants of the Amalekite people, especially given their history of RESUMING THEIR ATTACKS ON ISRAEL, once their numbers get replenished?

Been there; done that. It didn't work, not with the Israelites. Besides, You COMPLAINED about the young Midianite girls being assimilated into Israel's culture, with your initial post. Now, all of a sudden, you don't have a problem with assimilation. Make up your mind here.

And why is killing infants sick, sick, sick, sick? You're the one with the floating morality compass.

When did you ask me this, prior to now? Besides, I've been asked this before. So, notwithstanding the fact that God would likely NEVER ordered me to do such (especially without explanation), and knowing that this is little but the standard "trap" question, I'm in the mood for some fun; so I'll make it short and sweet......YES!!

the fact that i deny the bibles morality and disagree with it proves im using a criterion not found in the bible, a criteria availible to everyone. I can't believe you answered yes to that question.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 12:23:07 PM »
McWay!

Ah  ah   Ah

Never mind.

:)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 06:17:19 PM »
the fact that i deny the bibles morality and disagree with it proves im using a criterion not found in the bible, a criteria availible to everyone. I can't believe you answered yes to that question.

And what exactly is that criterion? Who makes the rules as to what is "right" (per this criterion) and what is "wrong"?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 10:56:27 AM »
And what exactly is that criterion? Who makes the rules as to what is "right" (per this criterion) and what is "wrong"?

why does anyone have to make the rules? why are you making that assumption. The very fact that i see things that god does in the bible as wrong indicates that i do not derive my morality from the bible. On top of that all atheists would agree, hence, millions and millions of people disagree with gods morality. I would say a multitude of things go into morality, or inborn nature to increase fitness and survive, or goals to progress as a society, how you would like to be treated etc. The old argument that it was once right to own slaves comes to mind.

morality is a construct and you are making the assumption (unfounded) that it has to come from someone, ie god is the only answer. This is not true and you haven't even provided evidence for your assumption. Civilization, altruism, grace etc.. are all constructs, based on your reasoning they would have to come from someone. Your mind is completely closed, god is the only answer to all questions, you have stopped thinking for yourself. Why don't you try thinking for yourself, if it doesn't work go back to god, he will forgive you after all, will he not?