Author Topic: CrossFit - Nadia Shatila's 100 Pull-ups in 2:53  (Read 74049 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
CrossFit - Nadia Shatila's 100 Pull-ups in 2:53
« on: May 18, 2013, 08:59:54 AM »
100 pullups in under 3 minutes.  ::)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: More Crossfit Nonsense
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 09:04:58 AM »
Did not watch but I can assume cswol like reps were performed.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 09:20:16 AM »
butterfly kipping pullups are a BASTARD to get right. honestly when i do WODs like fran or murph i can't do it like that. i've taken time and worked on it, but i just can't get the rhythm down. and let me tell you, that makes it FASTER, but not EASIER. plus the ballistic movement means it's HELL on your grip. seriously, next time you're at the gym, try and knock out 30-40 pullups like that as fast as you can.

complaining about kipping pullups is like bitching that olympic lifters aren't strict pressing after the clean. they're similar movements but different exercises with different goals in mind.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 09:22:48 AM »
100 pullups in under 3 minutes.  ::)

Quit watching at :40 because my back was killing me.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 09:25:12 AM »
butterfly kipping pullups are a BASTARD to get right. honestly when i do WODs like fran or murph i can't do it like that. i've taken time and worked on it, but i just can't get the rhythm down. and let me tell you, that makes it FASTER, but not EASIER. plus the ballistic movement means it's HELL on your grip. seriously, next time you're at the gym, try and knock out 30-40 pullups like that as fast as you can.

complaining about kipping pullups is like bitching that olympic lifters aren't strict pressing after the clean. they're similar movements but different exercises with different goals in mind.
I just learned they are called "butterfly pullups".  They should have specified that.  I don`t think this will do much for the way of back development at all though (not that its supposed to and still not entirely sure what they are really for).  :D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 09:26:51 AM »
I just learned they are called "butterfly pullups".  They should have specified that.  I don`t think this will do much for the way of back development at all though (not that its supposed and not sure what they are really for).  :D

Doesn't do much of anything.

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 09:29:25 AM »
Her iliopsoas must burn like hell. ::)

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 09:30:12 AM »
My lower back hurts just watching that.   :-\

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 09:30:32 AM »
Of course they omit the butterfly addendum to gain bragging rights - crox fitnas are similar to meatheads but think they've got the gravy train under their pompous arses.
Looks like cross fitters are the liberals of the weightlifting world.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 09:31:44 AM »
Companion video for that one  :) -

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 09:34:48 AM »

So what is the goal of this "butterfly pullup"?  Is it used for a full body workout or something?   ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 09:36:57 AM »
I`m going to start a new Workout Business Model called Slave Labor.  Its going to be where people pay me and I drill them doing all kinds of work outside including, plowing, raking, sweeping, digging, carrying sand bags and mulch bags, clearing brush, picking up logs, picking up sticks, cutting weeds and trees etc...

Think anyone will be interested in paying me for that?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 09:40:23 AM »
Fuckin Hardcore Crossfitting man!

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 09:42:17 AM »
So what is the goal of this "butterfly pullup"?  Is it used for a full body workout or something?   ???

It's Crossfit goofiness. There was never a traditional butterfly pull up. Originally Crossfit went with the original old style kipping movement, as Crossfit got more competitive they moved to this newer faster butterfly pull up. It lacks the reset that a traditional kip pull up has.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 09:46:12 AM »
what a load of shit ???

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 09:52:56 AM »

Just usual people bagging on CF Zach.  Some of the same people will talk about doing "real" pullups, yet are the same people that probably never even come close to getting their chin above the bar, or even better round their shoulders and back so much that its not even close to a strict pullup.  I agree with you that its not easier to do them like that.  Have you ever watched this for the kipping pullups?

http://www.catalystathletics.com/exercises/exercise.php?exerciseID=41

This actually is a pretty decent tutorial on them (if you haven't seen it before)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 09:54:27 AM »
Just usual people bagging on CF Zach.  Some of the same people will talk about doing "real" pullups, yet are the same people that probably never even come close to getting their chin above the bar, or even better round their shoulders and back so much that its not even close to a strict pullup.  I agree with you that its not easier to do them like that.  Have you ever watched this for the kipping pullups?

This actually is a pretty decent tutorial on them (if you haven't seen it before)

What are they for though?  ???  And what do you think of my Slave Labor business model?  :D

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 09:57:30 AM »
Doesn't do much of anything.

Nothing at all huh?

Lest I sound like a broken record, there are some things done in CF that are just plain nonsense.  I would "no rep" a bunch of things if I were a judge.  Thing is, bag on CF...why not bag on some of the stupidity of WSM while you're at it?  Guess what...no one will.

BTW....what does this have to do with 'bodybuilding'  ::)  ::) :

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2013, 09:58:59 AM »
Just usual people bagging on CF Zach.  Some of the same people will talk about doing "real" pullups, yet are the same people that probably never even come close to getting their chin above the bar, or even better round their shoulders and back so much that its not even close to a strict pullup.  I agree with you that its not easier to do them like that.  Have you ever watched this for the kipping pullups?

you can´t compare that to sets of chins strict ..like sternum chins. bullshit.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2013, 09:59:21 AM »
Just usual people bagging on CF Zach.  Some of the same people will talk about doing "real" pullups, yet are the same people that probably never even come close to getting their chin above the bar, or even better round their shoulders and back so much that its not even close to a strict pullup.  I agree with you that its not easier to do them like that.  Have you ever watched this for the kipping pullups?

Why is Beaker/James Holmes being instructed on that in the video? Shouldn`t "it" (no idea if male or female) at least learn how to do some basic lifting instead of this bullshit?  ???  I mean seriously, what will beaker get out of it?

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 09:59:51 AM »

This just looks like future shoulder injuries to me.  I see some surgeries in her future.   :D

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 10:01:52 AM »
What are they for though?  ???  And what do you think of my Slave Labor business model?  :D

To be quite honest, I am not a fan of the kipping pullup.  I think the rules should be a strict pullup.

Donny - I wasn't comparing them at all.  Perhaps you should re-read what I wrote.  The majority of people bitching about kipping pull ups probably think that doing the 2 - 3" ROM pullups they do are "strict".  

Twaddle - Exactly.  The wear on the shoulder is big.  This is why I have the opinion I do.  Same with the "pogo-ing" off a plyo box.  Welcome to an achilles injury

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 10:02:03 AM »
Nothing at all huh?

Lest I sound like a broken record, there are some things done in CF that are just plain nonsense.  I would "no rep" a bunch of things if I were a judge.  Thing is, bag on CF...why not bag on some of the stupidity of WSM while you're at it?  Guess what...no one will.

BTW....what does this have to do with 'bodybuilding'  ::)  ::) :

I will.  Most of what they do would be better served paying me for my Slave Labor course.  I have rocks that need to be picked up and moved.  GIANT foundation rocks that aren`t smooth or machined.  At least they would be doing something productive.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 10:03:44 AM »
To be quite honest, I am not a fan of the kipping pullup.  I think the rules should be a strict pullup.

Donny - I wasn't comparing them at all.  Perhaps you should re-read what I wrote.  The majority of people bitching about kipping pull ups probably think that doing the 2 - 3" ROM pullups they do are "strict".  

Twaddle - Exactly.  The wear on the shoulder is big.  This is why I have the opinion I do.  Same with the "pogo-ing" off a plyo box.  Welcome to an achilles injury
Pullups should be done by locking out completely at the bottom and coming to a complete rest at the bottom.  Chin needs to come above bar at the top.  No swinging.  THAT is the way to do a pullup.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 10:05:15 AM »
This moron thought it would be a good idea to carry a Fridge on his back.