Author Topic: CrossFit - Nadia Shatila's 100 Pull-ups in 2:53  (Read 74173 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: More Crossfit Nonsense
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2013, 07:54:56 AM »
EL O EL  This was on a Crossfit Owner/Head Trainer`s page.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2013, 08:01:03 AM »
 ???

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2013, 08:14:23 AM »

just out of curiosity what's the issue here? are you actually mocking an older woman for exercising? ???

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2013, 08:16:21 AM »
Krank and mangoo proving the crossfitter stereotype on this thread.

which is what? what stereotype are you talking? neither of us have said, even once, that crossfit is the be all and end all of exercise, neither of us have shit on other types of training. meanwhile, it's you and others who won't stop mocking crossfit and then acting like we're the assholes for defending it.

so... what exactly is the stereotype we're proving?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2013, 08:17:20 AM »

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2013, 08:19:19 AM »
:-\

did you read the story behind this picture? the dude took his dog for a hike and it had a hard time with the heat, so he carried it back to the car. he was saying that thanks to getting in shape, he was able to do so. that's not a "workout" dude. come on, you're smarter than this. i give you credit for being a bright guy, it is BAFFLING me that you're being so intentionally obtuse.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #206 on: May 19, 2013, 08:22:57 AM »
Crossfit is a great idea, just poor execution.

Olympic lifts for reps are always bad.
Disregarding proper form is always bad.
Without periodization there is no progress.
You cannot achieve many goals at once. You have to switch between endurance, strength and so on in order to get strong and fit. Even strongman competitors on botloads of drugs periodize.

BTW, I was amazed that Rich Froning is only like 10-20kg away from me on each lift. I thought he's stronger. And he's waaay heavier than me...

Generally speaking, all "crossfitters" at my gym does clean and jerks. Often with moderate or heavy weight in high rep ranges (4x12 or such).

They usually mix it up so they do those kipping pullups and box jumping, or squats, between the sets of  Olympic lifting.

Some of them look like they have NO idea what they're doing and should use a lighter weight.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2013, 08:26:48 AM »
Generally speaking, all "crossfitters" at my gym does clean and jerks. Often with moderate or heavy weight in high rep ranges (4x12 or such).

They usually mix it up so they do those kipping pullups and box jumping or squats between the sets of  Olympic lift.

Some of them look like they have NO idea what they ate doing and should use a lighter weight.

and like krank and i keep saying, that's an example of people who don't know what they're doing. like saying "all the 'bodybuilders' at my gym sit on nautilus machines drinking cell tech" and then extrapolating that to mean all bodybuilders are morons who do nothing but pump on machines and eat dianabol like candy.

a lot of them have no idea what they're doing. but if you watch everyone ELSE at the gym, they're ALSO idiots who have no idea what they're doing. the only difference is that it's a lot more difficult to ignore when someone is doing cleans badly as opposed to someone sitting off to the side with 8lb dumbbells trying to "feel the burn" on a set of goddamn zottman curls or something. :))

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2013, 08:31:42 AM »
I have friends that do CrossFit.  Not for me and I prefer HIT or the style of training that's called "Dinosaur Training".  I suppose one could say there isn't a "right" way to train. 

But there certainly seems to be a consensus that there's a lot of "wrong" ways to do so.  ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2013, 08:32:35 AM »
which is what? what stereotype are you talking? neither of us have said, even once, that crossfit is the be all and end all of exercise, neither of us have shit on other types of training. meanwhile, it's you and others who won't stop mocking crossfit and then acting like we're the assholes for defending it.

so... what exactly is the stereotype we're proving?
That you're acting like little babys with your hurt feelings cause someone mocked something you're interested in.

Need a tissue? :'(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2013, 08:36:24 AM »
and like krank and i keep saying, that's an example of people who don't know what they're doing. like saying "all the 'bodybuilders' at my gym sit on nautilus machines drinking cell tech" and then extrapolating that to mean all bodybuilders are morons who do nothing but pump on machines and eat dianabol like candy.

a lot of them have no idea what they're doing. but if you watch everyone ELSE at the gym, they're ALSO idiots who have no idea what they're doing. the only difference is that it's a lot more difficult to ignore when someone is doing cleans badly as opposed to someone sitting off to the side with 8lb dumbbells trying to "feel the burn" on a set of goddamn zottman curls or something. :))

Yes, like I posted earlier. It's not better to bodybuild than to do crossfit, whatever you want to do.

However, personally, I don't like the trend and it takes up space in my gym so I enjoy mocking it. And like you said yourself, when you're doing it wrong, you look like a bigger idiot following a craze like this.

Please, indulge me since you do it.. Tell me, what is the goal with choosing crossfit as your excercise??? Strength? Endurance? Looking cool infront of other crossfitters? Preparing for a hinder course? I want to understand this

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #211 on: May 19, 2013, 08:37:41 AM »
Krank and mangoo proving the crossfitter stereotype on this thread.

Nothing could be further from the truth cankles.  Show me how I am the stereotypical one....

1) I blast a lot of idiocy that has come out of it
2) I rip on the terms they use
3) I rip on some of their workouts

Yeah, thats stereotypical   ::)  You whine and cry WAY more about GH15 than we do when someone bring up CF.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2013, 08:39:04 AM »
I just dont like that these people are acting like thwy are doing something revolutionary. 

I am not CF - but i try to mix t all up to be well rounded - why try to attach myself to a group cause i simply want to be well rounded?

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: May 19, 2013, 08:39:21 AM »
Wtf??? Why?

Crossfit. That's why.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #214 on: May 19, 2013, 08:39:58 AM »
What would be accurate?...look at some videos posted. sure Bodybuilders use some loose form too but come on Krank...you know what i am getting at. like i wrote i have nothing against you or your training methods and do look at your training log now and again. The video posted "Albany crossfit" is an accident waiting to go off...FFS..  ::) do not take it so personal. what is correct form..i am sure i do not need to write a long drawn out post on that. You know what good form is.

I know what good form is and its PREVALENT in anything.  Just do a youtube search for "gym fail" will produce more results than "crossfit fail" (369,000 vs 51,000).

:-\

???

Whats your point posting these pics?  Should these people not be doing this stuff?  Should they just sit and play the pity card for the condition they are in?

They usually mix it up so they do those kipping pullups and box jumping, or squats, between the sets of  Olympic lifting.

Some of them look like they have NO idea what they're doing and should use a lighter weight.

A retarded CFer then.  Seriously.  Only one that doesn't know what they are doing would train in that rep range.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: May 19, 2013, 08:44:07 AM »
I just dont like that these people are acting like thwy are doing something revolutionary. 

I am not CF - but i try to mix t all up to be well rounded - why try to attach myself to a group cause i simply want to be well rounded?

but that's just it, those are the worst it has to offer. they're like back when the paleo diet first appeared and people acted like they were on the forefront of a paradigm shift in diet health or something. :)) (disclaimer, i do paleo/primal, i just don't believe it's anything special)

they're like bodybuilders who stand in front of the mirror flexing and talking about how "i really need to target my biceps peak", or powerlifters who eat six banana splits for dessert and then waddle into the monolift wearing kevlar squat suits with reverse bands and then talk about how they "squatted" 1100 pounds.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #216 on: May 19, 2013, 08:45:03 AM »
I wish the Horse would kick back.  :-\

but that female does appear to have a pretty nice ass on her 8)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: May 19, 2013, 08:45:39 AM »
did you read the story behind this picture? the dude took his dog for a hike and it had a hard time with the heat, so he carried it back to the car. he was saying that thanks to getting in shape, he was able to do so. that's not a "workout" dude. come on, you're smarter than this. i give you credit for being a bright guy, it is BAFFLING me that you're being so intentionally obtuse.

THAT dog has NO business in that terrain in that kind of shape in that kind of heat.  No protection on its feet either from the heat-burned pads-jagged terrain.  Where the hell is the water for the dog?  ???  Arguably animal abuse if you ask me.  I feel sorry for the dog that he had to be subjected to that guys bullshit to be honest with you.  That and the fact he is overfeeding it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #218 on: May 19, 2013, 08:46:29 AM »
but that's just it, those are the worst it has to offer. they're like back when the paleo diet first appeared and people acted like they were on the forefront of a paradigm shift in diet health or something. :)) (disclaimer, i do paleo/primal, i just don't believe it's anything special)

they're like bodybuilders who stand in front of the mirror flexing and talking about how "i really need to target my biceps peak", or powerlifters who eat six banana splits for dessert and then waddle into the monolift wearing kevlar squat suits with reverse bands and then talk about how they "squatted" 1100 pounds.

I think they should just promote being a well rounded overall athelete and fitness plus strength vs the "We know something no one else does" type thing that gets under the skins of so many.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #219 on: May 19, 2013, 08:47:40 AM »

X

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2013, 08:48:14 AM »
I know what good form is and its PREVALENT in anything.  Just do a youtube search for "gym fail" will produce more results than "crossfit fail" (369,000 vs 51,000).

Whats your point posting these pics?  Should these people not be doing this stuff?  Should they just sit and play the pity card for the condition they are in?

A retarded CFer then.  Seriously.  Only one that doesn't know what they are doing would train in that rep range.

The point is that there is a ton of comedy gold here.  Krank, my friend, its okay to laugh at all these morons.  The Crossfit Mafia is not going to get you!  8)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2013, 08:49:28 AM »
I think they should just promote being a well rounded overall athelete and fitness plus strength vs the "We know something no one else does" type thing that gets under the skins of so many.  

they should. no arguments here. one of the worst parts of CF is that it's exploited as a business a lot of the time. it costs like $150/mo to join a CF gym and it ends up being almost cult-like in how it's put together. so instead of promoting it as it is, they make it sound secretive and revolutionary to get people to pay the fees. it's bullshit. but "crossfit" as an activity is pretty awesome.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2013, 08:49:41 AM »
 :-\ :-\ :-\

X

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2013, 08:50:13 AM »
The point is that there is a ton of comedy gold here.  Krank, my friend, its okay to laugh at all these morons.  The Crossfit Mafia is not going to get you!  8)

but you're not going "man crossfit is cool, but look at these idiots" you're going "crossfit is retarded just look at these guys". how can you seriously not see why this is irking krank and me?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2013, 08:50:21 AM »

Seems to me that "Embracing Violence" probably is the reason he is missing that there leg.  ;)