Author Topic: Obama voters in state of shock as 2% withholding hike takes hold.  (Read 17619 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Obama voters in state of shock as 2% withholding hike takes hold.
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2013, 01:59:57 PM »
You right.

Obama did not keep that promise.

Obama didn't keep a lot of promises. Yet, you have tons of excuses for those, as well.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2013, 03:05:58 PM »
Can the political aficionados on this board please explain how they remained totally ignorant to the fact the the payroll tax cut was temporary (McWay and 333 don't need to answer as I already know how they continue to remain ignorant of things like this - i.e. know well know public facts)

Here's the story of the Wall Street Journal in December of 2010

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704156304576003441518282986.html

In true GB.com fashion you don't even have to bother reading the article
The headline will do just fine

Deal Struck on Tax Package
Grand Bargain Includes One-Year Drop in Wage Levy, Estate Tax of 35%

Since the payroll tax cut was only supposed to last for a year the Dems and Obama had to push for an extension

The legislation that extended the payroll tax for another year was H.R 3765

H.R.3765 -- Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011 (Enrolled Bill [Final as Passed Both House and Senate]

Here's a link to the text of the bill (hey McWay - make note of the title of the bill)

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c112:1:./temp/~c112hFEmDG::

None of this should really be necessary since it was extensively talked about in the media BOTH TIMES as being a temporary tax break

If anyone was not aware of this then they only have their own ignorance to blame

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2013, 03:31:32 PM »
And apparently, most Obama voters know nothing, as usual. You really think they actually know the name and number title of this particular bill?

Do you really think, if the Obama-worshipping media had actually put out that this "expiration of a discount" were coming, they would have gleefully voted for Obama without asking that this "discount" be made permanent?

No matter how you try and spin it, Straw, Obama and his minions lied through their teeth by painting the picture that ONLY those EEEEEEEVVVVVVIIIIIILLLLL rich people would have their taxes go up.

You think the "rich" are saying, "Well, it's really not a tax hike; it's just an 'expiration of a discount', because the tax rate is back to what it was in the late 90s/early 2000s?"

So much for intellectual honesty, on your end.

if you actually made even the slightest effort to pay attention you would have seen the "temporary" part of the story all over the media

I actually remembered it from the time so I didn't need to remind myself but here is some examples of the the media apparently hid this fact from you:

Once again, for the attentionally challenged - you don't even need to read past the headlines though of course reading the article would be better

Senate Leaders Agree on 2-Month Extension of Payroll Tax Cut
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/17/us/politics/boehner-ties-oil-pipeline-to-payroll-tax-bill.html?_r=0

Payroll Tax Cut Temporarily Extended into 2012
http://www.irs.gov/uac/Payroll-Tax-Cut-Temporarily-Extended-into-2012

Payroll Tax Cut Extended to the End of 2012
http://www.examiner.com/article/payroll-tax-cut-extended-to-the-end-of-2012

Pelosi: Don't extend payroll tax cut next year
http://news.yahoo.com/pelosi-dont-extend-payroll-tax-cut-next-205645408--election.html

Payroll tax cut in its last lap?
http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/29/news/economy/payroll-tax-cut/index.htm

Temporary 2012 Payroll Tax Cut Extension – Obama Extends Social Security Tax Cut
http://www.taxesandstuff.com/2011/12/temporary-2012-payroll-tax-cut-extension-obama-extends-social-security-tax-cut/

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2013, 03:31:55 PM »
Can the political aficionados on this board please explain how they remained totally ignorant to the fact the the payroll tax cut was temporary (McWay and 333 don't need to answer as I already know how they continue to remain ignorant of things like this - i.e. know well know public facts)

Here's the story of the Wall Street Journal in December of 2010

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704156304576003441518282986.html

In true GB.com fashion you don't even have to bother reading the article
The headline will do just fine

Deal Struck on Tax Package
Grand Bargain Includes One-Year Drop in Wage Levy, Estate Tax of 35%

Since the payroll tax cut was only supposed to last for a year the Dems and Obama had to push for an extension

The legislation that extended the payroll tax for another year was H.R 3765

H.R.3765 -- Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011 (Enrolled Bill [Final as Passed Both House and Senate]

Here's a link to the text of the bill (hey McWay - make note of the title of the bill)

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c112:1:./temp/~c112hFEmDG::

None of this should really be necessary since it was extensively talked about in the media BOTH TIMES as being a temporary tax break

If anyone was not aware of this then they only have their own ignorance to blame

Can the clueless and sometimes cowardly Straw Man please answer the question as to how the Obama voters, not those who saw this crap coming a mile away, but the OBAMA VOTERS knew this was coming (as in Obama campaigning on it, as part of his promise to stick it to the rich), voted for it anyway, yet are now blubbering about their money getting yanked from them?

You see. Straw has trouble reading at times, as he thinks those who voted for Romney (or at least, against Obama) are surprised that this took place, even though the title of 333386's thread is: OBAMA VOTERS In State of Shock as 2% Withholding Hike Takes Hold

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2013, 03:40:40 PM »
Can the clueless and sometimes cowardly Straw Man please answer the question as to how the Obama voters, not those who saw this crap coming a mile away, but the OBAMA VOTERS knew this was coming (as in Obama campaigning on it, as part of his promise to stick it to the rich), voted for it anyway, yet are now blubbering about their money getting yanked from them?

You see. Straw has trouble reading at times, as he thinks those who voted for Romney (or at least, against Obama) are surprised that this took place, even though the title of 333386's thread is: OBAMA VOTERS In State of Shock as 2% Withholding Hike Takes Hold

what makes the abundantly stupid poster think that the majority of people did not know the temporary payroll tax was set to expired.   Heck they even saw it about to expire at the end of 2011 and saw it extended for 2 month in 2012 and then again for the rest of 2012

How could ANYONE not know about it

Why do you assume the vast majority of Obama voter didn't know about it

No such proof has been offered

All I see is  1 tweet on page 1 and that person could just be really stupid and uninformed like some of the posters on this thread and they may not even be real Obama voters

where you do come up with the unsubstantiated claims and then just expect people to take them at face value?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2013, 03:47:18 PM »
what makes the abundantly stupid poster think that the majority of people did not know the temporary payroll tax was set to expired.   Heck they even saw it about to expire at the end of 2011 and saw it extended for 2 month in 2012 and then again for the rest of 2012

How could ANYONE not know about it

Why do you assume the vast majority of Obama voter didn't know about it

No such proof has been offered

All I see are a few anonymous tweets on page 1 and those people could just be really stupid and uninformed like some of the posters on this thread and they may not even be real Obama voters

where you do come up with the unsubstantiated claims and then just expect to take them at face value?

This is hardly the lone story on this issue; and, as Tony indicated, a number of folks have yet to receive their first 2013 check.

Yet, you keep running your mouth, acting as if I, 333386, Tony or others who voted for Romney/against Obama didn't know this was coming. We did, which is why we voted the way we did (for those who voted).

We are referring to those who bought Obama's BS about merely hiking taxes on the rich, only to find themselves lighter in the wallet, as a result.

Even in this economy, clues are cheap. Try getting one.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2013, 03:51:37 PM »
This is hardly the lone story on this issue; and, as Tony indicated, a number of folks have yet to receive their first 2013 check.

Yet, you keep running your mouth, acting as if I, 333386, Tony or others who voted for Romney/against Obama didn't know this was coming. We did, which is why we voted the way we did (for those who voted).

We are referring to those who bought Obama's BS about merely hiking taxes on the rich, only to find themselves lighter in the wallet, as a result.

Even in this economy, clues are cheap. Try getting one.

oh really, so you and Tony and 333 voted against Obama because the temporary payroll tax cut was going to expire

can you show me any posts where you said this

Also, if you three less then brilliant people knew then why do you think an abundance of Obama voters didn't know (again - you've offered zero proof and just made the claim)

I knew about it because I paid attention and it was clearly stated as a TEMPORARY REDUCTION from the very beginning

BTW - I don't remember Romney saying anything about extending it so why would you vote for him.....again, I'm assuming you were being honest in your statement above and just not talking out of your ass as usual

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2013, 03:58:06 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/04/obama-voters-stunned-to-discover-that-they-too-are-millionaires-and-billionaires

Ha ha ha ha

F you liberal morons! 

speaking of morons

The entire premise of this thread it based on 1 TWEET by 1 person who may or may not be an Obama voter

that's all it takes to make the fallacious claim "Obama voters in state of shock as 2% withholding hike takes hold"

and then certain morons on this board run with it and even double down on it and can't understand why everyone just doesn't agree with them

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2013, 04:09:28 PM »
oh really, so you and Tony and 333 voted against Obama because the temporary payroll tax cut was going to expire

can you show me any posts where you said this

We've said for months that taxes would go up, if Obama got re-elected. I made a thread to that effect. And those taxes are UP. All Obama is doing is the same thing YOU'RE doing: Using flowery euphemisms and other BS to deflect from the obvious.

Such as:"You know my top priority has been preventing a tax hike that could have hit 98% of all Americans in 2013. Because the last thing middle-class families can afford right now would be to pay upwards of $2,000 more in taxes this year. - President Obama, Jan. 2

Instead, middle-class families will be paying around $1500 more per year....YAAAAAAY!!!!!!  ::)

Obama's campaign screamed at near full lung capacity that taxes would only go up on the rich. We knew that was bogus and this (not to mention ObamaCare) shows we were right. And unfortunately, Obama's not done yet.

Also, if you three less then brilliant people knew then why do you think an abundance of Obama voters didn't know (again - you've offered zero proof and just made the claim)

Because the less-THAN-brilliant Obama voters think he's going to stick it to the rich without them being hit.

I knew about it because I paid attention and it was clearly stated as a TEMPORARY REDUCTION from the very beginning

BTW - I don't remember Romney saying anything about extending it so why would you vote for him.....again, I'm assuming you were being honest in your statement above and just not talking out of your ass as usual
[/quote]

You're one to talk about speaking out one's backside. I asked you why Tony is supposed to be happy about less money being in his pocket, as a result of this, and you start flapping your beak about how happy YOU ARE about the tax hike.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2013, 04:18:27 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

Somehow you were aware that the payroll tax were temporary (congratulations genius) but Obama voters did not?

Are you aware you (or 333) hasn't actually offered any proof to support that premise

It's seems kind of implausible considering how much the "temporary" part was in the media and especially given that even proven dunces claimed to be aware of it

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2013, 04:26:10 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

Somehow you were aware that the payroll tax were temporary (congratulations genius) but Obama voters did not?

They're the one, surprised by this mess, not me. So, BAHAAAHHHAAAHHAAA that!!!

Somehow they got the impression that they would go unscatched. Gee....I wonder how that happened.  ::)

Are you aware you (or 333) hasn't actually offered any proof to support that premise

It's seems kind of implausible considering how much the "temporary" part was in the media and especially given that even proven dunces claimed to be aware of it

Hardly implausible!

Obama voters are whining about something you claim was in plain media view for months. Those are your "dunces".

Maybe they missed that, because of the media, echoing Obama's promises to stick it only to those EEEEEVVVVIIIIILLLL rich people.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2013, 04:29:48 PM »
They're the one, surprised by this mess, not me. So, BAHAAAHHHAAAHHAAA that!!!

Somehow they got the impression that they would go unscatched. Gee....I wonder how that happened.  ::)

Hardly implausible!

Obama voters are whining about something you claim was in plain media view for months. Those are your "dunces".

Maybe they missed that, because of the media, echoing Obama's promises to stick it only to those EEEEEVVVVIIIIILLLL rich people.

No, the are not

You've offered ZERO proof of that premise

how many times do you need to be told this before it sinks in

just show some proof than any significant number of Obama voters were unaware of this VERY PUBLIC FACT

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2013, 04:31:57 PM »
so tax rates didnt increase but were still paying more in payroll taxes than we did last week...GOT IT ;) ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2013, 04:35:05 PM »
so tax rates didnt increase but were still paying more in payroll taxes than we did last week...GOT IT ;) ::)

I guess Obama learned his lesson about giving people temporary tax relief

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2013, 04:37:49 PM »
I guess Obama learned his lesson about giving people temporary tax relief

Im sure that will make all those middle class ppl feel real good, especially the ones that voted for him

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2013, 04:41:52 PM »
Im sure that will make all those middle class ppl feel real good, especially the ones that voted for him

no need to worry about them

I'm sure most of them were fully aware that the payroll tax cut was temporary

I mean, how could they not know it since it was originally only supposed to be in effect for one year and then was very publicly opposed by Repubs before extended 2 months and then once again for 10 months

How could they not know that

You knew that and I knew that and McWay knew that so why do you assume others didn't know it ?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2013, 04:44:05 PM »
LMFAO, you live in this country...

you know how woefully inept this countrys citizens are at political knowledge

and you expect them to keep track of something like this? LMFAO

I knew that b/c Im one of a handful of ppl who post on a politics board!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: January 05, 2013, 04:44:48 PM »
No, the are not

You've offered ZERO proof of that premise

how many times do you need to be told this before it sinks in

just show some proof than any significant number of Obama voters were unaware of this VERY PUBLIC FACT

333386 has already done that. Why are these folks on Twitter (hardly exhaustive) yelping again? And it's not limited to them.

As more people get their reduced checks, the cries will grow louder. And you will continue to make stupid excuses, claiming they knew it was coming.

And this "VERY PUBLIC FACT" was overshadowed by Obama's lying about only the rich having their taxes increased. When did Obama state in his campaign that the payroll tax was going bye-bye again?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2013, 04:46:02 PM »
333386 has already done that. Why are these folks on Twitter (hardly exhaustive) yelping again? And it's not limited to them.

As more people get their reduced checks, the cries will grow louder. And you will continue to make stupid excuses, claiming they knew it was coming.

And this "VERY PUBLIC FACT" was overshadowed by Obama's lying about only the rich having their taxes increased. When did Obama state in his campaign that the payroll tax was going bye-bye again?

No, he has not

I've already pointed this out

I'm beginning to understand why you were unaware the payroll tax cut was temporary

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #144 on: January 05, 2013, 04:51:09 PM »
Only people are exceptionally wealthy or do not work at all think it's ok that payroll taxes went up.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #145 on: January 05, 2013, 04:52:54 PM »
Only people are exceptionally wealthy or do not work at all think it's ok that payroll taxes went up.

did you poll everyone in the country or do you have some other proof for this claim ?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #146 on: January 05, 2013, 04:55:57 PM »
did you poll everyone in the country or do you have some other proof for this claim ?

This is called the power of deduction... See... It's very simple.... People with jobs have to pay more...

Middle class and poor working people do not want to give more of their money.. They don't have a lot.

Wealthy people can handle an extra 2 percent....

Jobless people are not paying anything extra.

See... by logic and reason, it's easy to see that my statement is accurate.

I do not need "poll the country" to deduce correct information.

Did you poll the country to determine that people KNEW their taxes rates would increase?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #147 on: January 05, 2013, 04:57:06 PM »
This is called the power of deduction... See... It's very simple.... People with jobs have to pay more...

Middle class and poor working people do not want to give more of their money.. They don't have a lot.

Wealthy people can handle an extra 2 percent....

Jobless people are not paying anything extra.

See... by logic and reason, it's easy to see that my statement is accurate.

I do not need "poll the country" to deduce correct information.

Did you poll the country to determine that people KNEW their taxes rates would increase?

you're joking right

this is mean to make me laugh?

Seriously TU I truly expected something better from you

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2013, 04:59:19 PM »
you're joking right

this is mean to make me laugh?

Seriously TU I truly expected something better from you

So you have no better response, so you return to the "don't make me laugh" argument.

I see...

You only expect better when my opinion agrees with yours... In this instance it does not so you "expect better".

I would expect better from you than to side skirt an issue or to use "technicalities" to appear right.

Either you are paying more this year or you are not... That's really what it comes down to.

Anything else is just spin.

You can refute my statements above?

If so, please do.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2013, 05:01:56 PM »
So you have no better response, so you return to the "don't make me laugh" argument.

I see...

You only expect better when my opinion agrees with yours... In this instance it does not so you "expect better".

I would expect better from you than to side skirt an issue or to use "technicalities" to appear right.

Either you are paying more this year or you are not... That's really what it comes down to.

Anything else is just spin.

You can refute my statements above?

If so, please do.

ok, let's try this

Can you and I agree that it was a blatant public fact that the payroll cuts were:

1.  only supposed to last one year
2.  were very publicly opposed by Repubs and they also opposed extending them.
3.  eventually only agreed to extend them for 2 months
4.  finally agreed to extend them through 2012

Can we agree that the above information was abundantly available to anyone who bother to pay attention

yes or no and then we can proceed