Author Topic: The blazers get screwed...  (Read 1061 times)

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
The blazers get screwed...
« on: September 13, 2007, 11:53:40 AM »
 Greg Oden, the top pick in this year's NBA draft, likely will miss his first season with the Portland Trail Blazers after surgery on his right knee Thursday.

Doctors found cartilage damage during an exploratory procedure, and team physician Dr. Don Roberts performed microfracture surgery to repair the damage.

"There are things about this that are positive for Greg. First of all, he is young. The area where the damage was is small and the rest of his knee looked normal," Roberts said in a statement. "All those are good signs for a complete recovery from microfracture surgery."

The 7-foot center is expected to be on crutches for up to eight weeks. Full recovery likely will take six to 12 months, the team said.

Oden was the top pick in the June draft out of Ohio State, where he averaged 15.7 points and 9.6 rebounds.

The Blazers have scheduled a news conference for Thursday afternoon to discuss Oden's situation.

footloose and fancy free

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: The blazers get screwed...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 11:58:19 AM »
And somewhere in Boston Danny Ainge just popped the cork on a bottle of Dom.

body88

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 05:53:26 PM »
And somewhere in Boston Danny Ainge just popped the cork on a bottle of Dom.

We didnt get ODEN!!!!!??

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 09:12:53 PM »
We didnt get ODEN!!!!!??

That's why Ainge is sipping Dom. Had he gotten the first pick he'd be SCREWED right now. For once losing out in the draft lottery paid off for him.

body88

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 09:16:23 PM »
That's why Ainge is sipping Dom. Had he gotten the first pick he'd be SCREWED right now. For once losing out in the draft lottery paid off for him.

I know. I was kidding ;) People went crazy when we didnt land this guy. Could you imagine if we got him and then he had to sit out his first year.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 09:21:51 PM »
I know. I was kidding ;) People went crazy when we didnt land this guy. Could you imagine if we got him and then he had to sit out his first year.

Sorry, my humor meter is weak tonight.

Nope, I couldn't imagine it. He'd be absolutely cursed if that had happened.