Author Topic: Rampage!  (Read 12719 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Rampage!
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2007, 03:23:30 AM »
Yes, he has very heavy hands, but thats not good enough against Rampage, who has a great defense against punches. Shogun and Vanderlei had to use thai clinch w/knees to get rid of him. Chuck does not have a thai clinch or knees...and its too late to start practising now.

chuck throws punches from very weird angles

i think rampage is always favourite

but chuck always has a chance

whats rampage like on the ground

would love to see tito fight him
T

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2007, 05:57:10 AM »
chuck = white trash getting pw3nd

i have always hated chuck,so this actually made my day(very slow day) ;D

bench
what does being white have to do with anything, I guess calling someone white trash is not racist.

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2007, 06:07:22 AM »
chuck throws punches from very weird angles

i think rampage is always favourite

but chuck always has a chance

whats rampage like on the ground

Ramapage has no BJJ game, but good wrestling. He has good power escapes from the bottom. His top game is GnP.

Jake_W

• Getbig III

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2007, 09:19:01 AM »
Boom!!!!!!!!!!!
T

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2007, 09:25:22 AM »
the ref should of let rampage hit chuck a little more ;similar too what happen in their fist fight 2003/pride ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2007, 09:58:18 AM »
All it takes is a fighter with a good chin to KO Chuck. The same result will happen in Rampage vs Chuck III, unless Chuck tightens his defense or keeps the distance using kicks...only then has Chuck a chance.

chuck doesn't deserve a rematch

he got beatdown for about 12 minutes the first time they fought and now got knocked out in about 2 minutes

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2007, 09:59:05 AM »

they're on the same team and great friends

won't happen

E
E

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2007, 12:35:27 PM »
Ramapage has no BJJ game, but good wrestling. He has good power escapes from the bottom. His top game is GnP.

He does have a BJJ game, maybe not at the elite level, but his balance and strength allows him to do things other's can't.  Arona couldn't sub him from guard, his escape, though not text book BJJ, was highly effective.  I don't think Page would have a problem fighting Tito, especially with the "cheddah" he is got coming his way.  Tito has a better wrestling/jits game than Page does.  Page always gets top position, and does stuff that requires extreme athleticism.  See his Saku fight and Arona fight for clarification. 

I see Tito getting fed to Shogun to build Shogun.  (Assuming Jacob gets by Brocop)

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2007, 12:39:52 PM »
I predicted this a loooooong time ago. Chuck is a "decent" grappler with an excellent sprawl, fighting a neverending stream of "decent" grapplers with pathetic standup. I was never impressed with his standup. 90 percent of the standup in the UFC is just sad. If you want to see real skilled standup fighters watch the Kyokushin Karate finals, Muay-Thai, or a regular boxing match. Chuck had never fought a heavy hitter that isn't intimidated by him until now.

The results come as no suprise to me.

Tito Ortiz? Oh brother. He's the king of the "decent" wrestlers with sub-par standup.
These clowns need to be fazed out.
TEAM REPTILIAN

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2007, 12:53:02 PM »
I predicted this a loooooong time ago. Chuck is a "decent" grappler with an excellent sprawl, fighting a neverending stream of "decent" grapplers with pathetic standup. I was never impressed with his standup. 90 percent of the standup in the UFC is just sad. If you want to see real skilled standup fighters watch the Kyokushin Karate finals, Muay-Thai, or a regular boxing match. Chuck had never fought a heavy hitter that isn't intimidated by him until now.

The results come as no suprise to me.

Tito Ortiz? Oh brother. He's the king of the "decent" wrestlers with sub-par standup.
These clowns need to be fazed out.

I actually agree with you, Tito has decent standup, he doesn't possess POWER in his strikes.  Power is the main attribute Chuck relied on against decent strikers, better grapplers.  Page has power in spades over Chuck (ACLU is a coming soon after that comment).  Tito will do well against other grappling based fighters, and fighters he can absorb some punishment and get the clinch. 

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2007, 01:01:23 PM »
The thing is, anyone that's not a trailer park Tuff fan could see that Chuck was being made to look like more than what he is standup-wise. He was a good standup based fighter but not nearly as good as he was made out to be. It's the Mike Tyson syndrome. I could always see his weak defense. He's tailored to beat all these wrestlers with poor standup, Tito being the best of the bunch. I wouldn't even call these guys he's been beating all these years "decent" standup fighters, more like "trained" or "proficient." Most of them were overly cautious because of his reputation, and allowed Chuck to get a well timed strike in. Chuck can't go toe-to-toe with a skilled heavy hitter.
TEAM REPTILIAN

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2007, 01:17:23 PM »
they're on the same team and great friends

won't happen

E

Good god, what a naive opinion you have.

I guess that's why you're an armchair quarterback and not a business man. Money talks. If Rampage is the champ for an extended period, why wouldn't Tito ask and be granted a title shot if he wins his next couple of fights? Dana White could sell the shit out of the fact that they're friends. It would be a match that everyone would want to see, given the fact that they're friends.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2007, 01:18:11 PM »
Bandwagoner #1. Let it begin! You already scheduled to get "God's Street Soldier" tattooed on your arm to boot?

Hello there, Mr. Ed!

Running out of boat rope to floss with yet?

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2007, 01:22:12 PM »
Bezerkerfury used to go on and on about how Chuck will defeat Rampage. I'll give him credit though, despite flip-flopping, he did it before the fight actually happened.
TEAM REPTILIAN

texasbubba

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate!
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2007, 03:28:50 PM »
That shit was good. Forty-eight seconds!  ;D

right on the chin...hell of a punch!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2007, 03:35:14 PM »
right on the chin...hell of a punch!

Exactly right. And when a pro fighter punches you on the button, you go down. No shame in that. Nobody wins everytime... that's the way it goes.
a

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2007, 03:42:19 PM »
RAMPAGE WILL NOT HAVE THE TITLE FOR VERY LONG. I SAID HERE FIRST...HE WILL LOSE HIS NEXT FIGHT

I HOPE PAGE GETS KNOCKED OUT!!!!!!
irongearco.com

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2007, 03:48:27 PM »
Good god, what a naive opinion you have.

I guess that's why you're an armchair quarterback and not a business man. Money talks. If Rampage is the champ for an extended period, why wouldn't Tito ask and be granted a title shot if he wins his next couple of fights? Dana White could sell the shit out of the fact that they're friends. It would be a match that everyone would want to see, given the fact that they're friends.

first of all my stupid little guy tito has done nothing to earn a title shot and won't get one ever again due to the influx of new talent

also if you were watching mma before tuf came on tv you would know that tito didn't want to fight chuck because they were friends and tito says he doesn't fight friends

chuck says he never liked him but rampage definitly likes tito, they are on the same team

second of all you must not have no true friends, I can see why kevin kicked you to the curb :D

you want some more sucka or are you fianlly tired of me beating you down? :P

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2007, 03:49:20 PM »
Bezerkerfury used to go on and on about how Chuck will defeat Rampage. I'll give him credit though, despite flip-flopping, he did it before the fight actually happened.

you and me were the only ones that said rampage would win remember? 8)

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2007, 04:07:07 PM »
first of all my stupid little guy tito has done nothing to earn a title shot and won't get one ever again due to the influx of new talent
also if you were watching mma before tuf came on tv you would know that tito didn't want to fight chuck because they were friends and tito says he doesn't fight friends

chuck says he never liked him but rampage definitly likes tito, they are on the same team

second of all you must not have no true friends, I can see why kevin kicked you to the curb :D

you want some more sucka or are you fianlly tired of me beating you down? :P

E

Tito's a big draw. As long as he keeps winning, he can absolutely earn a title shot in the future. If he does, expect big PPV numbers. Business, Earl, business.

I was never friends with Levrone. I just worked with him. Levrone had no close friends because people couldn't stand how insecure and phony he was. You personify the word guy. In fact, you would suck a cock in exchange for the experience I had working with Kevin. For me, it was never a big deal.

Secondly, read what I actually write, you faggut. I never said Tito deserved a title shot, currently. I said he would earn one if he won his next couple of fights. Dana White would absolutely make that fight happen, provided Rampage is still the champ. Tito earns 6 figure paydays, among the highest payouts earned per fight. I'm sure he can find a way to step up to the plate if he gets another title shot in the future. For you to say that fight would never happen, especially if a title is involved, is ridiculously naive. A lot of fighters are tight with each other in the UFC, Pride, etc. They fight one another all the time.

Pull your fucking blue collar head out of your ass and look at the big picture. You've never owned me. I laugh at little peasant fucks like you.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2007, 04:12:38 PM »
Huh? What are you talking about dude? I was never friends with Levrone. I just worked with him. Levrone had no close friends because people couldn't stand how insecure and phony he was. You personify the word guy. In fact, you would suck a cock in exchange for the experience I had working with Kevin. For me, it was never a big deal.

Secondly, read what I actually write, you ####. I never said Tito deserved a title shot, currently. I said he would earn one if he won his next couple of fights. Dana White would absolutely make that fight happen, provided Rampage is still the champ. Tito earns 6 figure paydays, among the highest payouts earned per fight. I'm sure he can find a way to step up to the plate if he gets another title shot in the future. For you to say that fight would ever happen, especially if a title is involved, is ridiculously naive. A lot of fighters are tight with each other in the UFC, Pride, etc. They fight one another all the time.

Pull your fucking blue collar head out of your ass and look at the big picture.

haha correction you wanted to be friends with him but he kicked you to the curb, he probabaly treated you like the peasant you are hence the bitterness

if you knew anything about pride you would know that many fighters over their don't fight each other due to being on the same team, friends, related

wandy/shogun
arona/ lil nog
fedor/aleks

if wandy beat arona in 2005 he wouldn't have fought in the finals of the middleweight GP because he loves shogun like a brother

they are very close friends and the fight ain't happening for a variety of reasons

keep talking though, i'm convinced you like to be wrong :-\

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2007, 04:17:22 PM »
haha correction you wanted to be friends with him but he kicked you to the curb, he probabaly treated you like the peasant you are hence the bitterness
if you knew anything about pride you would know that many fighters over their don't fight each other due to being on the same team, friends, related

wandy/shogun
arona/ lil nog
fedor/aleks

if wandy beat arona in 2005 he wouldn't have fought in the finals of the middleweight GP because he loves shogun like a brother

they are very close friends and the fight ain't happening for a variety of reasons

E

Earl, let em put things in perspective for you.....Kevin's a BODYBUILDER. He's not a celebrity. I never tried to be his friend, ever. I didn't even know who he was when I first met him. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2007, 04:19:43 PM »
Earl, let em put things in perspective for you.....Kevin's a BODYBUILDER. He's not a celebrity. I never tried to be his friend, ever. I didn't even know who he was when I first met him. You have no idea what you're talking about.

and until i saw him in flex back in 92 I never knew who he was either and I wasn't a Levroneite

what is your point?

he's no A list celebrity but when you literally have about 2 million friends on myspace and are known around the world you are a celebrity

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2007, 04:20:19 PM »

wandy/shogun
arona/ lil nog
fedor/aleks

E

Business, business, business. It sucks that you've never risen above your blue collar working class mentality to understand what making money is all about. I can probably pay you enough money to fuck your own mother.