Author Topic: Why do so many people regard Obama as the Messiah?  (Read 4437 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Why do so many people regard Obama as the Messiah?
« on: November 05, 2008, 02:42:29 PM »
People round the world are calling Obama 'The One', 'The Saviour', some people even calling him the 'Political Messiah'; some people on the boards regard him as such as well. What is wrong with people?
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Why do so many people regard Obama as the Messiah?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 02:45:04 PM »

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I hate the State.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 02:52:50 PM »
People round the world are calling Obama 'The One', 'The Saviour', some people even calling him the 'Political Messiah'; some people on the boards regard him as such as well. What is wrong with people?

When someone comes on the scene with some charisma, has good public speaking skills, and is different(half-black)people get taken in. People look beyond the absolute lack of experience. When the majority of the lower class has someone talking about the evils of the "Big oil companies,etc", it appeals to them.People who lack the intellect, talent or desire to make any of their own money love the idea of wealth redistribution. Add to that the timing of the worst economy we've had since the depression, and you have the creation of a Messiah.  Nowadays, it's style over substance..kind of like an MTV video.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 02:54:09 PM »
When someone comes on the scene with some charisma, has good public speaking skills, and is different(half-black)people get taken in. People look beyond the absolute lack of experience. When the majority of the lower class has someone talking about the evils of the "Big oil companies,etc", it appeals to them.People who lack the intellect, talent or desire to make any of their own money love the idea of wealth redistribution. Add to that the timing of the worst economy we've had since the depression, and you have the creation of a Messiah.  Nowadays, it's style over substance..kind of like an MTV video.

It's worse; more wars, more militarism, more of everything we have come to know in the last decades...
I hate the State.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 03:00:10 PM »
They don't . The right just created that meme to bash the way Obama has received such incredible support. The truth of the matter is that he is a candidate who received a lot of support because he is not your typical politician. That doesn't mean his supporters are sheep or are looking for a God-figure.  In your opening post, you state that many on this board feel he is Messianic, but I defy you to find one post from an Obama supporter which alludes to such an idea.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 03:03:57 PM »
They don't . The right just created that meme to bash the way Obama has received such incredible support. The truth of the matter is that he is a candidate who received a lot of support because he is not your typical politician. That doesn't mean his supporters are sheep or are looking for a God-figure.  In your opening post, you state that many on this board feel he is Messianic, but I defy you to find one post from an Obama supporter which alludes to such an idea.

Obama is just a puppet who is a useful tool for the powers that be.
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 03:12:50 PM »
He is the one.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 03:14:58 PM »
Obama is just a puppet who is a useful tool for the powers that be.

How can I subscribe to your newsletter and where can I get one of those snazzy tin foil hats?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 03:15:38 PM »
He is the one.

You used to be a fan of Ron Paul...what happened? Why do you worship Obama now?
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 03:22:36 PM »
You used to be a fan of Ron Paul...what happened? Why do you worship Obama now?
::) When did you get into my head with deep understanding of what I think and why?

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 03:22:58 PM »

Im doing a PhD in political science theres nothing wrong with me, Im also 25 (so am in the young category), for me there has never been a politician like obama, maybe there is a slight god like thing going on. Believe me i try to be rational, and say its just a guy he'll disappoint, but I guess its something irrational that I cant explain.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 03:27:58 PM »
::) When did you get into my head with deep understanding of what I think and why?

You're a big meanie Hugo... :-\
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 04:45:19 PM »

give me one fault that you believe he has al...the problem is that nobody is perfect and nobodies positions are perfect but the fact is also that you have many ppl including ppl on this board who will not say one bad thing about obama or fail to even hear others negative opinions about obama.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 04:51:34 PM »
Obama is the President of Awesome.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 05:03:36 PM »
You're a big meanie Hugo... :-\
a little bit, but I still like you ;D  Just no sleep.  Sorry.

paul84

• Getbig II
  • Nuke 'em, Rico!
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 07:15:01 PM »

Unbelievable.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 07:52:55 PM »
You could try that test on virtually any group of people, using almost any two political opponents and you'd get the same results. That's not really that shcoking.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 07:56:38 PM »
When someone comes on the scene with some charisma, has good public speaking skills, and is different(half-black)people get taken in. People look beyond the absolute lack of experience. When the majority of the lower class has someone talking about the evils of the (JEWS) "Big oil companies,etc", it appeals to them.People who lack the intellect, talent or desire to make any of their own money love the idea of wealth redistribution. Add to that the timing of the worst economy we've had since the depression, and you have the creation of a Messiah.  Nowadays, it's style over substance..kind of like an MTV video.
Hitler?

We are going to see a repeat of Carter.   People were tired of Nixon and Ford, Carter literally came in the same fashion with ZERO experience and won the presidency.  He screwed up, interest rates rose, gases prices soared and then Reagan came in.  It will happen again...lol.
Squishy face retard

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 08:13:34 PM »
Ya, great comparison.

I hope he does better then Carter, man Richard Simmons could have done better than that poor guy....

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 08:28:30 PM »
Ya, great comparison.

I hope he does better then Carter, man Richard Simmons could have done better than that poor guy....
"Hi, I'm Jimmy Carter and I want to be President."  Lol.

Seriously, Barry combined Hitler, JFK and Carter and duped the entire country. 
Squishy face retard

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 08:30:39 PM »
Hitler?

We are going to see a repeat of Carter.   People were tired of Nixon and Ford, Carter literally came in the same fashion with ZERO experience and won the presidency.  He screwed up, interest rates rose, gases prices soared and then Reagan came in.  It will happen again...lol.

The energy crisis had little to do with Carter. The world oil commission had already decided to cut oil supplies to the world market before he was elected. That's almost as stupid as blaming 9/11 on Bush.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 10:57:44 PM »

After eight years of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Pearle, Wolfowitz and the cronies like Bernanke, Paulson etc...OBAMA DOES LOOK LIKE THE MESSIAH....
C

The Coach

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 11:00:12 PM »

Ask these people.

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 11:04:12 PM »

Honestly, I think its becaseue more people around the world "look" like him. White people are the minority on this planet.  It might have something to do with that.