Author Topic: It's all about genetics baby!! woot woot!!  (Read 40702 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
It's all about genetics baby!! woot woot!!
« on: July 20, 2006, 12:33:46 AM »
Discuss.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

airrick

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Treat others the way you want to be treated.
Re: It's all about genetics baby!! woot woot!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 12:41:31 AM »
I have to admit... roids do take you to the next level!  but you can't explain arnold and kevin cuz they're prolly not the type who get all swole off season.  As for TP, give em a break, he's had enough bashing and should be happy to be alive too.  as for Arnold, i dont think Ive ever seen any footage of him being swolen off season, he's the type that gets thin and once he trains for the O, he knows what the fuck to do and that goes for Levrone too.

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 12:47:39 AM »
It's the character that makes a pro a pro right?

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 01:07:41 AM »
It's crazy how thin Arnold is in that picture of him running.  As for Levrone in the picture where he weighs 215, I think he looks better than in the contest pictures, except for his stomach.  In fact, I would say his size there is quite ideal.

Tom...well...he was just an injection.  A very strong one though.

And yeah, I would say that to his face.  It would seem kind of awkward to bring up out of nowhere, but if the topic came up, I would say it.

Here we go again....

If it was that simple there PDI lines would looked gret by now.But as you can see roids alone dont do it.And only a handfull of people in the world are actualy worth seeing on a stage.

Please explain that ohh migthy guru.... ::)

STFU and GTFO.Its quite obvious you never used and have no idea about this subject ,so why you keep posting?
You only show your ignorace.

Platz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 01:28:19 AM »
So you are saying that Arnold didn't bust his ass in the gym?

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 01:33:39 AM »
Yeah Its aaaaaaaaaaaaall about genetic.
Sorry folks, you guys cant beat natural Ronnie Coleman even if you guys use tons of gears.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 01:40:29 AM »
Sad when the ignorant calls the informed ignorant.

Maybe consider opening a scientific paper on the topic?  ???

It is a fallacy to say that I can't speak on this topic with more accuracy than a steroid user simply because I do not use.  Most pros couldn't even spell brachialis or acromegaly.  Just because they display both of them better than I do doesn't mean they know more on the topic.

I may not have steroid experience but I do have a lot of education on the matter - I'm sure I know more about all aspects of bodybuilding than the sweeping majority of pros.

Consistency regarding the right drugs, a lot of food, years of training, and of course, the right genetics for shape and response to drugs will make you a pro.  The reason more people don't turn pro is because they lack one or more of these factors.  Drugs are WAY up there.  Obviously they are more important than training (no shit), and on par with nutrition.  Genetic response to drugs is important too of course.

If you were that informed you wouldnt say that.You might think you have some knowlage but I doubt you know much more then a few names.
I never said the pro's are geniuses,I just said you obviously have no idea.

Unlike you,who read some stupid collums from magazines I like to read : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed

Try to for some real info.Further more I personly have designed cycles for many men.

No one ever denyed roids dont do alot,but they are the catalyst more then anything else.

I had enough of you,go back to your constant comparing of heights... you feel so smart when you say someone is 5"11.232343.... ::)

thor_odin

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 02:01:51 AM »
If Coleman's genetics are that good then why does he take so much juice?
I've seen pictures of him when he was a footballer yet he was no more muscular than the average guy and I doubt the little mass he had for football was natural.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 03:06:38 AM »
If its all about the drugs why are so many heavy juicers built like average guys.

genetics are 70 percent of the reason with the rest split between training/food and drugs
T

thor_odin

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 03:23:44 AM »
Tom Platz was one of the hardest trainers around - but did you see this guy off drugs?  He looked like a completely different person, both in the physique and in the face.

His cheeks looked like a frigging hamster's. I attended a Platz seminar and his chest was non-existant. It was so small he tried to hide it while he was posing.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 05:04:44 AM »
what a stupid argument. Neither of the 3 guys you posted were natural bodybuilders. when they cleaned up they also stopped training and eating a certain way. You think in those pictures Arnold was trying to win any competitions or even trying to grow naturally? This is really stupid. Why don't you get pictures of really big natural bodybuilders and show them a couple of years when they stop training and dieting... same thing.

thor_odin

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 05:12:02 AM »
Anyone who believes that bodybuilding is about genetics is believing what the pros want them to. A thinner waist may place a competitor higher but it’s drugs and not genetics that have transformed their bodies.
Just look at the female bodybuilders for proof of that.
Hell, Woody Allen would be huge too if he was on a pro’s cycle and he wouldn’t even have to train either.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 05:17:26 AM »
What an ignorant thing to say. Each one of us knows a few people who are on steroids but we can't even tell... I wonder why. You think if that gay guy from the MTV steroid episode took more steroids he'd look like a pro?

sinkoci

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 05:26:29 AM »
What an ignorant thing to say. Each one of us knows a few people who are on steroids but we can't even tell... I wonder why. You think if that gay guy from the MTV steroid episode took more steroids he'd look like a pro?
That's my opinion to

thor_odin

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 05:29:04 AM »

I didn't say Woody Allen would look like a pro. I said that with the amount of juice the pros take and have taken even before they lifted up a weight, then Woody Allen would be huge too.  There are many teens in the UK who are on steroids and don't work out at all and they are muscular.
And if you can't tell who's on steroids then it's no wonder you believe the pros.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 05:33:31 AM »
No buddy. By the way these teenagers who you consider muscular are probably not big at all. Secondly Woody Allen wouldn't be big at all. He'd still look very much like he does now. If it wasn't about genetics then why isn't Ahmad Haidar as big as Ronnie Coleman? Why wasn't Frank Zane as big as Lou Ferigno? You know who else was on steroids? McEnroe the tennis player! Imagine if he took tons and tons and tons of stuff? He'd probably be 170 instead of 140...

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 05:39:41 AM »
I have to admit... roids do take you to the next level!  but you can't explain arnold and kevin cuz they're prolly not the type who get all swole off season.  As for TP, give em a break, he's had enough bashing and should be happy to be alive too.  as for Arnold, i dont think Ive ever seen any footage of him being swolen off season, he's the type that gets thin and once he trains for the O, he knows what the f**k to do and that goes for Levrone too.

the other bad thing going for Prince is that, as you all know, you gotta keep up the heavy weights to hold the muscle, and more important than that is having to keep you protein intake up.  When you kidney problems like Prince, you have to keep protein low to protect your kidneys.

....but what the hell is up with his fvcking belly button?????

thor_odin

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 06:05:53 AM »
these teenagers who you consider muscular are probably not big at all. Why wasn't Frank Zane as big as Lou Ferigno?
You're right, they aren't big at all  but steroids have  changed the shape and texture of their muscles. That's only with a few dianabol and WITH NO training. Ferrigno is no bigger than Zane without streroids.  Ferrigno just takes more.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 06:16:49 AM »
not true about Lou... and the shape of their muscles doesn't change because that can never change. only the size.. it's a known fact you can get bigger with steroids than without. everyone knows that.

thor_odin

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006, 06:46:10 AM »
So you really believe that this female tennis player is   clean? She's bigger than early pictures of Coleman and Ferrigno.
Shall I tell you what the difference between natural and professional bodybuilding is?
It's Money. The pros can afford to buy more drugs.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 07:20:34 AM »
If you guys are looking at gear cycles as what makes a pro a pro, you are looking in the wrong direction. The LAST thing that makes a pro a pro is their cycles. The very LAST friggin' thing!!!

::)  ;D

damn that levrone pic always amazes me.the funny thing is that in that pic levrone was training for mr olympia 2002 and in that pic he is 16 weeks out from the olympia.damn these roids do wonders..kevin placed 2nd at the olympia 2002 and its really hard to believe that kev transformed himself from looking like an obese guy to one of the most ripped bodies ever..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 07:30:08 AM »
bottom line is this... ANYONE who quits training for a long time gets that way. idiots say it's because they're off the sauce but it's because they're off everything. like i said before get a lifetime natural who's really big and have him quit training for a year...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 12:54:53 PM »
bottom line is this... ANYONE who quits training for a long time gets that way. idiots say it's because they're off the sauce but it's because they're off everything. like i said before get a lifetime natural who's really big and have him quit training for a year...

exactly

that 190 pounds or so of natural muscle you built Matt will vanish when you quit training and dieting natural or not

why are you such a hater all of a sudden?

You'll respond saying you're not hating just speaking the truth ::)  There is some truth to it yeah but you're becoming true adonis junior

i don't think you are quite as secure as you like to think :-\

E
E

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2006, 01:04:54 PM »

Any women on here find that sh*t attractive?  ...He's disgusting and that belly button looks like it exploded. :(
I Love The True Adon

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2006, 01:07:21 PM »
exactly

that 190 pounds or so of natural muscle you built Matt will vanish when you quit training and dieting natural or not

why are you such a hater all of a sudden?

You'll respond saying you're not hating just speaking the truth ::)  There is some truth to it yeah but you're becoming true adonis junior

i don't think you are quite as secure as you like to think :-\

E

That is simply not true.

When Steve Reeves left for the army, he didn`t lose size.  Nor did many others in that day.