Author Topic: Muscle Memory??  (Read 1030 times)

mademan80

• Getbig II
Muscle Memory??
« on: February 20, 2009, 09:28:46 AM »
Is it true that muscles do have memory? My friend was a kinesiology major in college and he told me it was true...that muscles tend to bounce back relatively quick provided you had them before any extensive break in training

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
Re: Muscle Memory??
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 09:54:22 AM »
i think this is definatly true,,, if youve ever had to have a long lay off,, you can go from an ordinary looking bloke to somwhere near what u used to be in very little time, more so if your chemicaly enhanced

ive read that this is because youve already streched your fascia, dont know how true this is...

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:47:04 AM »
yeah i mean there has to be some truth to it b/c i didnt workout consistently for about 2 years after hurricane katrina and i recently started working out hard again and my arms and chest are growing pretty fast but i have a feeling after about 3 months it'll slow down and im going to using performance enhancers ;)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 01:28:10 PM »
Very true.........trust me,I wrote the book on losing and regaining muscle back in the day due to drugs and booze.

Also lost everry shred of muscle I had in 2001 after breaking 3 ribs..........got it all back and then some once I healed up and was able to train again.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 02:52:28 PM »
I would say it's definitely true.

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 02:54:33 PM »
yeah wes thats the main reason i dropped about 25lbs...rec drugs and booze...everything went out the window after that...not a very rewarding lifestyle working out and eating right def a better choice for me

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 04:10:48 PM »
yeah wes thats the main reason i dropped about 25lbs...rec drugs and booze...everything went out the window after that...not a very rewarding lifestyle working out and eating right def a better choice for me
Shit, going through a same situation. Took some time off from lifting back in august, and during that time got hooked back on some shit after being clean for 5yrs and everything kind just went downhill. By november training/eating were non-existant. :-\

Shawdow

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 06:34:22 PM »
That's the great thing about it, once you gain it, you can not go back down in muscle size.
It would suck working for all that muscle for years just to take 3 months off because of a leg injury and lose it all and have to start
all over again.

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 09:25:28 PM »
muscles strength must be the first to come back,then stamina, and eventually size...at least thats the order it works for me...i wish it were size first though