Author Topic: Assume for a moment that the "Rapture" is true...  (Read 1253 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Assume for a moment that the "Rapture" is true...
« on: March 21, 2007, 03:27:38 PM »
Some people believe that the "Rapture" is an event in which all believers in Jesus Christ as Savior will be instantly "transported" to heaven.  Some think that at the moment this occurs, to the unbeliever's eye, it will seem that millions of people disappear simultaneously.

There are different ideas on how people will explain the disappearances.  Some think that near the time of the "Rapture" there will be an increase in UFO activity with more credible sightings which may result in some thinking aliens had a hand in the disappearances.

Whether you subscribe to this way of thinking or not, assume for a moment that the "Rapture" is true.  What possible explanations do you think people may have?
R

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Assume for a moment that the "Rapture" is true...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 04:23:31 PM »
every silver lining as a clowd...lets look at it that way...

lets assume the govt conspiracies are true..and when they kidnap people by the millions..and its coming..they blame it on rapture and people buy it hook line and sinker..

ocums razor..
carpe` vaginum!

Purge_WTF

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 06:27:43 PM »
  There will be all sorts of odd explanations, I'm sure. If anything good comes out of it--and if the Rapture is a real thing--I hope it's that non-believers who originally scoffed at Christianity will have second thoughts.

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 05:06:27 AM »
Some think that near the time of the "Rapture" there will be an increase in UFO activity with more credible sightings which may result in some thinking aliens had a hand in the disappearances.

I've always believed this is how it will be explained by those who do not believe.  That belief was based on today's world.  Just think for a moment of what technology will be like 100 years from now.  There could be many things that could create the effects of the Rapture.  What if a weapon is created that can target specific people?  I know, I know...that's just crazy, but a few minutes ago I sent a Trans-Atlantic fax.  Go back a couple hundred years and tell someone you wanted to do something like that!