Author Topic: Ask the Rabbi: #2: What do Jews think about Jesus/Yeshua?  (Read 954 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Ask the Rabbi: #2: What do Jews think about Jesus/Yeshua?
« on: April 08, 2009, 09:33:35 PM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Ask the Rabbi: #2: What do Jews think about Jesus/Yeshua?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 12:51:05 PM »
Different Jews have always thought different things about Jesus:

John 8:48-49 (New International Version)
 48The Jews answered him, "Aren't we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?"
 49"I am not possessed by a demon," said Jesus, "but I honor my Father and you dishonor me.

John 19:19-22 (New International Version)
 19Pilate had a notice prepared and fastened to the cross. It read:|sc JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS. 20Many of the Jews read this sign, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and the sign was written in Aramaic, Latin and Greek. 21The chief priests of the Jews protested to Pilate, "Do not write 'The King of the Jews,' but that this man claimed to be king of the Jews."

22Pilate answered, "What I have written, I have written."

Matthew 16:13-16 (New International Version)
 13When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?"
 14They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets."

15"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"

16Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

Jews For Jesus
"We believe that Jesus the Messiah was eternally pre-existent and is co-equal with God the Father; that He took on Himself the nature of man through the virgin birth so that He possesses both divine and human natures.

We believe in His sinless life and perfect obedience to the Law; in His atoning death, burial, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, high-priestly intercession and His personal return in power and glory."
http://www.jewsforjesus.org/about/statementoffaith

Messianic Jews
"Messianic Judaism is a religious movement whose adherents believe that Jesus of Nazareth, whom they call Yeshua, is both the resurrected Jewish Messiah and their Divine Savior"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messianic_Judaism